/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Star Wars Edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki
==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps, etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous thread: boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/thread/153804413

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/329/?
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Direwolf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not my pawn but I thought it was cool

I missed you /ddg/, don't leave me like that again.

>not even an hour betwen posts
>already on the verge of getting purged

Why the fuck does Veeky Forums only have 10 pages?

The real problem is that no one wants to let go, so we just get more generals being maintained.

Well then. I guess that's valid.

Hopefully a good autumn sale brings it back up like last time.

So. Whose got some pawns out there that want a rent? I've some free time.

So can I save scum and purify items till I get what I want or is it pre-determined?

Would be nice. Purifying all that stuff i got from the first trip through bbi allready cut like crazy into my RCs.
Feedback is always welcome.
Hope she's not going retard.
Would rent somehing in return.

predetermined. only thing you can do is change your and your pawns vocation and see if you get something useful for another class.

danke

I hate blue girls, and brown girls.

Seems like archer is the easiest class in this game while being a warrior fucking sucks

Is it the same till end game?

More like warrior gets weaker and weaker the more you progress.
He's good in the beginning and generally capable to stand his ground and smash some skulls in in the base game.
But the deeper you go in BBI, the shittier warriors feel.

why are you guys still playing this game 4 years later???

because it's on PC since january where it not runs like a slideshow anytime something remotely fancy looking happens.
Also, probably simply because it's a good game.

Because frame rate and I can remove stamina drain on sprinting.

It's fun

because I bought it two weeks ago

Warrior got shitted on because only 3 skills, and no way to kill aerial monsters until they get low enough for you to hit them.

Archers just X-fold those niggers down.

sauce?

Today I woke and looked outside again
But the sky looked the same to me
Something told me that this world had changed
Couldn't figure out what did it mean

Some say to get out fast, looks like it's gonna last
Get all your things and fly (DON'T LEAVE NOTHING BEHIND)
Some said it'll be OK, just go ahead and stay
Be sure to drink your iodine

The wind is pushing me, into the clouds again
I feel the blood in my veins
Time is running free, I feel like letting go
Just like the Dangan

Staring out to the hourglass inside
My mind is racing and wild
Blinded by eyes that cover up the facts
Uncertainty with all the cracks in a smile

I'm breathing life or death, are we making progress?
Not really sure this time (THE CHOICE IS YOURS AND MINE)
Not sure what to do next, no real test reflex
Can't touch or see with my own eyes

The wave is pushing me, into the current again
Time is running free, I feel like letting go
Nothing to slow me down
Dragon inside of me, I feel it letting go
I can't hear not a sound
Flying into free, I hit the mother lode
I am the Dangan

The wave is pushing me, into the current again
Diving into free, can feel it letting go
Not gonna hit the ground
The sky is painted free, why can't we understand
We kill ourselves in the end
It's simple as one, two, three, it's written in the sand
We are the Dangan

Flying
Flying
Flying
Flying into free
Flying into free

this is a consequence of smaller fan communities not really existing anymore independent of a larger website

how young are you to think anyone would actually let go?

sometimes you just have to. I let go of TF2 three years ago

What led to that decision?

That still has a general thread.

over 2000 hours is far too long to spend on any one videogame

How did you feel about it? Tired? Ashamed?

Not him, but for me I kind of like grindy games as long as it has something to keep me interested, DD does that to me, Blue classes and magick archer/assassin are fun, it feels amazing lure an elder ogre in bbi to a small room and spam ricochet hunter then kill the other one running and using ninefold arrow or simply fulminate him to death or go head on against it. It's the variety what keeps me hooked to this.

Both, when I was unemployed I would spend 40+ hours in that single game. Wasted a lot of time that I wish I had now. If I hadn't become enthralled by that at the worst possible time (just after High School), I'd probably be living on my own with more marketable skills now.

You're still posting here though.

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/329/?

this is nice

source?

Oh, is this that thing where you try to shove gamers into the Shame Pit with an unlikely story? Pretty cute if so, very Come to Jesus.

Yes, we should certainly never post about Dragon's Dogma because some random guy didn't have a job.

P-Please do this for the previous thread OP
The way you put id is triggering my autism

Are you feeling it?

Translators note: Dangan means bullet.

that is pretty nice

> The way you put id is triggering my autism

I'm the guy who made the OP. What do you mean, the way I put the id? Are you talking about the link to the previous thread? yeah, I don't know how to make it show up as a link, sorry.

Like every other reply newfriend.

like this?

I don't know, I'm not good at Veeky Forums-fu. I only make generals when I look for ddg and nothing is there :(

The important thing is you're learning.

nice head size

If you make the head an anatomically correct size in this game it doesn't necessarily do you any favors.

that wasn't the point at all but here's your (you) anyway

Shouldn't you be at work?

goblin slayer

Yeee, the first time one of my comments has been featured in another user's screenshots.

let me borrow your pawn!
ill even stream for you

hire my drow?
name is ethrendel, level 200

shoot me a friend request
id/ghostosama

enough time for a daimon run or two

Where's the stream?

I switched to Magic Archer on NG+ after doing a mostly Sorceror/Mystic Knight playthrough, and now I'm level 109 or so but I feel like I barely do any damage at all. I have the lv.1 Bitterblack weapon and everything, but I only have about 900 magic with it.

Did I get memed?

For reference, my Sixfold Arrow barely takes 20% off of a fucking direwolf.

on twitch or steam?
if on steam just go to my profile and click watch

plz respond, here's an old picture of my arisen

I always forget about steam streaming.

>not twitch

I'd prefer twitch.

Jokes on you, tiny head to make the body look bigger is my fetish

did you upgrade your weapon?

I want to mating press Mercedes.

>tfw no eastern roman characters

finally!
level 200

goodnight fellas

night senpai

kill yourself

>Use pilgrim charm
>Kill oxes
>240k gold

dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Direwolf
>while highly resistant to Ice-type attacks
Thing with magic archer is, that his bow is pure magic damage. And every bow skill has another element.
Sixfold happens to be ice. That's probably why you deal shit damage.
Also, what bow do you have? is it dragon forged?

Don't rely on regular shots, they are kind of shit unless you get dragon's tempest or blackwing bow.
Great Ward Arrow + Magic Rebalancer always
Ricochet Hunter in small rooms
Spam sixfold/ninefold arrow, the magic rebalance boost helps
Use 6 or 7 times explosive rivet on an enemy with more than one hp bar, like a gorechimera or the such and attack it.

MA is useful but you need to think before attacking.

>all this gold
>nothing to spend it on

Does your pawn protect another pawn's back ?

Do they protect anothers back while the other protects yet another pawns back ?

How the fuck does this enemy size mod work? The HITBOX actually changes, I've never been so frightened of chimeras that ate 300% bigger than normal... god damn THEY JUMP SO FUCKING FAR!

doesnt that mod take up like 40 gigs or soemthing?

Dead Thread

>Make a new character since I last played back when the game was new on PC
>Looking for a healer and magic damage dealer to work with my strider pawn and me as assassin, since we're purely physical
>All these fucking princess dresses

I forgot. I FORGOT. It's so bad. Being around level 15, every fucking pawn is wearing a god damn dress.

I understand, the armor is nice, but they don't... really need it. My strider pawn is using some of the free armor but only because it actually looks decent, the princess dress is fucking hideous.

>Except this monocle, it's looks silly but it's classy as fuck.

It's at one star. I still think that a Bitterblack weapon should be doing more to enemies that aren't BBI mobs, though.

Right after I made the post I read the wiki and learned that Three/Six/Ninefold Bolt are Ice-type. Still, I feel I do little damage to things that aren't ice-resistant.

Also I've just reached Grand Soren in NG+ so my only option for dragonforging without fucking around in BBI is the Drake in Devilfire Grove and iirc it's only like a 17% chance

>got 5.6M
>actually nothing to spend on

The magick bows you get from bbi lvl 1 weapons aren't anything special and can actually be bought in the base game.
Just kill the dragon to get a good bow until you get one from lvl 2 or 3.

You mean Grigori? Or just dragonforge my lv.1 bow?

Sent back Titania and Kyoko today. Their owners should be getting a nice pot of RC.

Not him but any of those two options work, there are also several dragons in bbi pre and post daimon so you could try there too if you don't want to go post-game yet, if bbi still fucks you up you could also simply speed run your way on bbi to open the chests and see if you get some luck with a lvl 2 bow, which can give dragon's tempest, the 2nd best magick bow in the game.
I have s 165 MA and the damage input is not that great by simple attacks, but using skills on the right way can be deadly, like using ricochet arrow against an elder ogre on a small room.

I forgot to mention, if you are gonna rush through bbi for chest hunting remember to bring a liftstone if shit get too ugly.

Ded

Thread is dead?

I'm level 109 or so so I can defeat most small mobs but I can't really deal with the necrophagus enemies (whereas I could on my previous Mystic Knight). Even on that playthrough (which my MA is a NG+ of) I basically had to GTFO whenever Death showed up.

I'm not really sure if I could get past the Gazer at this point. Is Explosive Rivet worth using over Magickal Gleam? I have Ricochet Hunter although it's actually not very useful in the mainland and Sixfold Bolt.

So I'm level 59 and in NG+ how do I prepare for BBI? Should I refrain from killing Grigori again? I'm using a friend's level 109 pawn.

So new player here , i started as strider and from 15 i changed to assassin now i'm 31 and i want to try magic archer can i go straight to it or should i play some levels as sorcerer to built some magic damage ? .I dont want to min/max it but i want to make decent damage

R.I.P.

You don't really need to minmax too much unless you're an autist as endgame equips will more than make up the difference.

Building up your magic stat as a Sorceror for several levels will definitely help you out, though. Mage and Sorceror also have useful augments if you're planning on going Magic Archer.

>get sword ring
>it only powers up two skills focused on a single combatant

Yeah that's what i thought but wont i be completely useless as a sorcerer for these a few levels ?

How come there isn't a "Archery in Skyrim/Dark Souls/Dragons Dogma" webm?

Not really since Sorceror spells are stupid strong. More like you'll be kinda useless until you learn good skills and augments. Just hire another pawn to pick up the slack.

Cool thanks mate

Nevermind gonna spend it on those fake blessed flowers

Gleam is better than rivet but rivet is good for building up damage for starters or against fire-weak enemies, since you are 109 gleam works better on bbi but both work fine.
Ricochet hunter is a must on bbi, I can take down most of necro mobs spamming that without any problem but you can switch it out in the mainland.
To deal with the Gazer just use Great Ward Arrow to avoid any ailment for you or your pawns, Magic rebalancer for boosts and hit the gazer sixfold arrow and regular shots, it's gonna be a long fight, but an easy one. Also keep moving while shooting to avoid the tentacles coming from the ground.