/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Regia Marina Edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

Patch 5.11(LIVE):
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-0511/

British cruisers announcement (SOON™):
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/rule-britannia/

Stat tracker/Stalk your favorite wowsg
warships.today
na.wows-numbers.com/

>Useful Information:
pastebin.com/nuWhcW1K (You) (embed) (Yourself)

>In-game chat channel
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

All clans created equal:
NA: [HURTU]: na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000010943/
NA: [KUMA]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021519
NA: [NTR]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000007315/
EU: [NOFUN]: eu.wargaming.net/clans/50001123

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2p55H
youtube.com/watch?v=Yys0RBJ3dpM
forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/61105-prepare-for-ranked-battles-season-5/page__p__1274228#entry1274228
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You forgot the discord server
discord.gg/2p55H

>forgot

>Actual bote image
>No discord link
>(You) (embed (Yourself)

Only thing it's' missing is the new IJN DD line announcement.

>be good with aoba
>be terrible with myoko
well. i guess my competition rose up but i didnt.

so how the fuck do i use myoko. it does good DPM but nothing saves me if someone that can aim targets me.

yes i do try to not show broadside

>forgot

It just doesn't belong here dudester.

The big difference is that instead of holding down LMB and spamming HE all day, you have to start picking your shots and scoring citadels with AP (I got one in the Taco against a Myogi yesterday).
youtube.com/watch?v=Yys0RBJ3dpM

I recommende free XPing the gun upgrade if you have some saved. 20 s reload is just painful.

Neck yourself

>IJN sluts
>relevant

Just dont get detected, hump islands like you just took them to prom

>it's a wave responds to himself episode

>crooked toothed wenches
>relevant

Help me out here /wowsg/.

>I have two USN DD captains approaching 15 points
>70 kXP from unlocking Fletcher
>Charles Ward is on Benson, has SE and 1 match away from 12 points
>Claude James is on Mahan, has DE and 1 match away from 14 points
>Want to start training towards 15 points on whichever DD will be needed for the next Ranked season ASAP
>I have to re-spec James anyway (waiting for a discount to do this), so I may move him over to BBs, where I don't have a highly skilled captain

What do? Does anyone know when we'll find out what tier the next Ranked season will be? I want to get this figured out before I play them again, so the retrain cost doesn't go up.

Oishii pasta

Lets see what has been going on in, at least, the last three macross
>Planes with speakers
>muh listen to muh song
>autistic bishie boys being better pilots than trained military professionals
>little cute girls singing right in the middle of battles because "muh power of song"
>Teleporting gut bacteria
You don't need to fight. You already lost.

The only good macross was Zero. And maybe the original one.
Sorry m8, but it's shit.

Next season is tiers 6 and 8. SE is a must have on American destroyers in ranked.

Hopefully you're getting DE soon or already have it

Stay at 14km behind your babbies and pay attention to ships that have recently used DC. Having a good CV divved with you can help in this regard, as they can force damage control with their dive bombers. Then you hit em with 2 salvos or so and set some fires for easy damage.

Myoko used to be GOAT with 16.2km range but the range nerf really hurt her a lot. At the end of the day she still has the same guns and RoF as Ibuki so your damage potential is crazy, but you can get nuked really easily. I try not to annoy Fusos or New Mexicos because it's hard to evade 12 shells unless they're shit at aiming, however Colorado and Nagato are very easy to dodge unless they get super lucky. Hope this helps a bit user.

>new ships
>not relevant
nys desu senpai

>Next season is tiers 6 and 8
proofs?

>SE is a must have on American destroyers in ranked.
I know, that's why I'm in a pickle: my more highly trained captain doesn't have it.

>We already have a USSDONALDJTRUMP in the game.
I don't understand this meme. The guy is not terrible, but he's definitely not good. Just a sub-60% shitter.

Is it just because of the name? Because otherwise, /wowsg/ already has a pretty good USN CV player: King_ln_the_north

Does anyone care about the new DDs that aren't named Akizuki?

forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/61105-prepare-for-ranked-battles-season-5/page__p__1274228#entry1274228

>posts anime

It's remarkable that you levy those criticisms against the recent Macross series, yet SDF has most of what you claim to hate (just swap out "Planes with speakers" with "Planes wearing jackets"). And you like Zero, despite the fact that space magic lets songs levitate rocks, or did you forget about all that?

You just like transformable Tomcats, it seems. Why the hate against transformable Sukhois?

More important, what's more fun than transformable fighter jets blowing up baddies, set to catchy J-pop? Nothing, that's what.

Well, the issue is that Akatsuki is literally a slightly upgraded Fubuki and Yuugumo is a slightly upgraded Kagero, both of whom we've already seen in game, whereas Shiratsuyu is also basically a proto-Kagero in terms of armament. There's nothing stunningly unique about them, and we don't know what WG will do to make them unique from their predecessors.

Shiratsuyu

The amount of poi spam and the people who'll get triggered by it will be hilarious.

Weebs will care about the Ichiban class and the incoming Poi spam.

>kANcOLLE movie released 11/26
Watch WG release the new IJN DD line around that time, too.

Sad.

I wouldn't be surprised if WG uses the Super Akizuki design as the T9 after Duki at some point in the future. Though beyond more torpedoes in their one torp launcher and possible faster speed (to justify it being a T9) I'm not sure what changes they would make. Clearly a job for sikret dokuments ))))))))))

yeah but english subs wont come out till months later so it's irrelevant for EU/NA

also correction, Shiratsuyu is halfway between Hatsuharu and Kagero (2x4 torps launchers, but same gun layout as Hatsuharu). Asashio-class would be the one that's truly a proto-Kagero.

with a firing range of 15km i dont know how thats possible.

this pretty much sums up my use of myoko. shes too hard to use for a CA, she feels like a CL and she has no range, a advantage the 200mm was supposed to have over the 155mm

Reminder that this exists.

RIP SEA server.

Maybe longer range on the guns too.

KILL ME

>That everything

>get not one but TWO citadels on Bismarcks
did they change armor or did I just get lucky?

>Shiratsuyu
>Number One

Tirpitz still based

>first match in epicenter
>half my team is outside the rings the whole match, some even blueline, and they're all bitching about how this mode sucks
Well this mode's getting removed next patch. A shame since it was actually pretty fun when I wasn't completely overrun by the team of not retards.

>not knowing yuudachi is gonna be a premium

REEEEEEE

At least she doesn't have 14.6km detection like meme-acola

In testing its weird as fuck, i love it though, its easily the most amazing ship we've ever tested, you desperately need to use AP against DDs but its amazing fun

Not much worse than the War Thunder: Coast Guard trailer.

I just don't understand how you can fuck up this thoroughly.

reminder

that single torp hit is going to be a lot of money/exp, i love that about the Tirp and Scharn

>its a "what ship was i supposed to model again" movie that will become a trilogy

>you desperately need to use AP against DDs but its amazing fun
Why's that? Is even thin DD armor too match for the HE?

>SDF has most of what you claim to hate
I don't really like the original macross all that much. But I let it slip because a lot of people have nostalgia for it.
>space magic lets songs levitate rocks
I let that pass because the songs were pretty and gave a better explanation: the aliens used the island priestess bloodline to control the giant ancient, gravity-controlling doomsday machine.
As opposed to girls controlling giant alien insects because of folding gut bacteria. Or combat idols on top of fighter planes in the middle of battlefields full of explosions and shrapnel.

And personally, the songs in Zero were beautiful and classy, as opposed to more generic jpop garbage.
>You just like transformable Tomcats, it seems. Why the hate against transformable Sukhois?
But Zero already had transformable Sukhois, which were pretty based.
Anyway, I don't hate the plane parts. The plane designs have always been cool.
I have never been a fan of the plot-music part of the franchise, but lately I feel it's gotten particularly more annoying. Specially the latest one, which finally took the inevitable step of introducing an idol academy whose purpose is to shit out combat idols. It's like AKB0048 all over again.

Are you the supertester who said Scharnhorst and Dunkerque were bad?

>tfw they could've gotten much better CGI if they had used WoWS in-game footage.

It's 15.7

>100mm guns fail to damage 15mm armor on DDs
what

clarify

That is just so sad.

>America in charge of making movies about their own history

Well doesn't seem too unreasonable if HE damage and penetration are adjusted on caliber.

>Why's that? Is even thin DD armor too match for the HE?
it has something like 16-17mm HE pen, so yeah most DDs can shrug the HE off like its nothing at all, the AP is great though if you aim proper and dont bounce

What professions should I level?

Sitting at 40k gold to spend on them

How's the new T6 Fubuki? Is the T8 on the "normal" line still viable as a gunbote?

Duck hunting

When will my Indianapolis in-game get 16" guns?

Cooking. Always oishii cooking.

Anime autists BTFO

Gon wreck that bitchu in my Belson

In game model update when? Clearly WG screwed up yet another ship model. Also they gave Indy the wrong main armament :^)

What's the deal with these Shot in the Dark awards and shit?

How do you even fuck up like that?

That must've been a conscious decision
>'Yeah, let's just kitbash those two ship models because why the fuck not'

But why?
I wanna ask the director or whoever came up with that: Why do you decide something like that?

>Are you the supertester who said Scharnhorst and Dunkerque were bad?

Scharnhorst is great, dont let anyone tell you otherwise, its just slightly weird

Dunkek is a little below average generally speaking, the lack of armour is its real weakness, a good player (not great) can make it work excellently.
and to clarify the bad armour you can get citadelled bow on if you get unlucky

i cant even

akuzuki cant fucking damage other DDs uness it has AP loaded?

Maybe they were like

>"Shit there are no Portland cruisers left, let's just do these scenes on [whatever iowa that is]
>But sir, [iowa class ship] looks nothing like a portland, how will we do the CG scenes without it looking totally different???
And so the Super Portland class was born.

Why they didnt just build a fucking mock-up Portland Is beyond me.

>so the Super Portland class
I smell sikret documents and future T8 USN BB prem.
> mock-up Portland
to expensive((((

it can, its nowhere near viable when compared to the AP shells, which make me cream every salvo

>16-17mm HE pen
100/6 as HE pen is 1/6 of caliber = 16.67mm

How much can the AP pen?

>Describe your day so far in boats with a picture

Enough to citadel Pepsi.
Depends on the range

>consider saipan because then i can just avoid grinding carriers althogether
>3/0/1 config
>2/2/0 config
what the hell

so this premium is terrible?

What in the fuck?

>tfw I enjoy this game

pretty satisfactory so far but i cant help against so many losses

Do you have a 15 point captain?
If yes- its good
If no- sub par

and thus my will to get saipan was crushed under a really big rock

HMAS Perth
Tier 6 Australian Premium Cruiser

Stats:
Ship HP: 27100
Armour: 13-100mm
Max Speed: 32.5 knots
Rudder Shift Time: 7.6 seconds
Turning Circle Radius: 640 m
Surface Detectability: 10.1 km
Air Detectability: 6.9 km

Main Battery
152mm/50 Mark XXI (4 x 2)
Range: 12.8 km
Reload Time: 7.5 seconds
Turret Rotation Speed: 25.7 sec/180°
Sigma : 2.0

HE Ammo: 152mm 6crh Mark IV
Damage: 2100
Drag coefficient: 0.33
Weight: 50.8kg
Initial velocity: 841m/s
Chance of fire: 9%

AP Ammo: 152mm 6crh Mark IV
Damage: 3100
Drag coefficient: 0.33
Weight: 50.8kg
Initial velocity: 841m/s

Secondary Battery
102mm/45 QF Mark XIX (4 x 2)
Range: 5 km
Reload: 3 seconds
HE ammo: 102mm HE 35Ib
Damage: 1500
Velocity: 811m/s
Chance of fire: 6%

Torpedoes
533mm Mark IX (2 x 4)
Damage: 15433
Speed: 61 knots
Range: 8 km
Reload: 96 seconds
Detectability: 1.3km

AA
Far: 38 damage, 5km
Middle:7 damage, 2km
Near: 11, 1.2km

Consumables
Damage Control Party on first slot, Hydroacoustic Search on second slot, Catapult Fighter/Spotter Aircraft/Smoke Generator on third slot
Smoke screen set time 23 seconds, stays for 99 seconds

Will it be a troll worthy ship or be a subpar USS Flint/ORP Blyth?

Dont worry, most of the baddies with it on rerelease wont have a 15 point either.

>more CLs
bah.

the range and reload feels like a DD hunter. it might be a good ship but look at its HP and the detectability range. unlikely its smoke will make it equal to flit because flit has the better DPS.

i am literally detected before i am firing

what the hell am i supposed to do, find a baBBie and hide behind him

J U S T

Is Zao worth it? I feel pretty comfy in Ibuki, but need to sell her to buy Zao. I enjoy clubbing t7s in it.

>i am literally detected before i am firing
You must sacrifice a virgin on altar every time you play Pepsi, for dem BB overpens.

Is the atago any good?