Need help

Need help.

Working on a buddies 92 Ranger.
Last sparkplug wont come out, its stripped and the porcelein is broken.

Weve cleared out an 1/8th of an inch of rust flakes/pb blaster.
Porcelein spins freely so we can get a grip on it.

Weve tried lightly smacking a 9/16 socket on it but no go.
Help us Veeky Forums.

Come on cunts

Can't stop, hammer time!

It's stripped?
Are you sure?
Or is it just rusted to the block?

Have you tried an long extension on the spark-plug socket and wrenching with a Breaker Bar?

Last resort will be renting a Psark Plug Removal tool, like a Lisle, but I've never had a problem quite like this so I'm not sure how well those tools work.

For me stuck plugs always come out with a breaker bar.

And remember kiddies, when doing plugs, don't forget the anti-seize grease!

I just bought me a 1999 ranger as of yesterday. bought itoff this nice arab man for 1800

no radio, but it's got ac..

Jesus fuck what a rusty heap of shit. Smash the porcelain off completely. Use an oxy torch to heat up around the remnants of plug, get nice and hot then try to remove. Obviously find a socket that is a nice tight fit first.

All of the above.
Weve been scrapping so much rust off of it.
Its a Coastal Texas truck brought into California so we dont have rust here.

We have a cheater bar and everything, its def stripped.
Weve tried tapping a 9/16 onto it but no go, maybe well hammer it on

take it to the shop, you done fucked it up

Google started including some features of ASK.COM where you can ask a question and get answers such as:

how to remove stuck spark plug?

Try that at ASK.COM first and later at google. There's even some youtube videos on stuck plugs. And don't forget the antiseize on your plugs.

Try a 15mm on it

should be easy to put a radio in. or even better yet a tablet center console thing

id swap out the front grill with a mid 2000s too, they look so much better

Drill it out.

That might be too big for this truck.
Its the v6 and the plugs are fucking tiny.
Weve stopped fucking with it and have been periodically soaking it in pb blaster

nah, if it gets to that point you'd have to take the head off to avoid getting shrapnel in your engine. unless you started with left handed drill bit and hope it comes out before drilling through (no one likes those easy out bits)
.... and also, that thing looks seized not stripped
torch, pb blaster.... vise grips worth a try... hammer on the smallest socket possible.... grind some angles on that thing with a dremel.... there is no one answer. If you have access to a welder, weld a nut on the metal part.

... thats it... all my tricks... good luck

This guy, like everyone has a torch standing by

Got an easy out kit?

Keep soaking in penetrating oil. Could try trans fluid too. Break the porcelain the rest of the way off and hammer a slightly smaller socket onto it. Breaker bar is your friend.

If that doesn't work, you're going to need to pull the head and take it to a machine shop.

Dude, a Bernz-O-Matic isn't an expensive piece of kit to have for just heating shit up. Doesn't have to be an oxy torch.

This guy, can't afford $20 for a fucking torch from the hardware store.

id give up and let the assholes at the shop do it.

but that is only for the lack of better tools. fuck apartments.

If you got the head off you could probably get enough access to bash it off of there yourself.

But basically just keep soaking it. You may have to create your own socket head with a dremmel or something if you really can't get a socket on it anymore.

Have you tried metric sizes of socket to get that in-between size to hammer it on?

If this came to the shop i work at i would charge double for the job.