Help me get started trading

Complete trading newbie here, but I'm intrigued and wanna give it a shot. Not going to invest too much to begin (very little actually). I want to get the hang of it first. What do you fags use to trade? How do I start?

Free BJ to the dude that helps me first

if youre in the USA try the robinhood app. it has 0 commission.

check the robinhood general /rgt/

Should've specified I'm a Leaf

>Should've specified I'm a Leaf

What is a Leaf?

Im in the same boat, canadian (leaf) and i want to get into trading but i cant get robinhood

Do you have any idea what kind of trading do you want to do?

>he doesn't browse /pol/

Ugh, fuck you
A canadian

I could use a bit of help here too. I've been trolling around on the investopedia stock simulator and turned a 10% profit in a few weeks (im going to continue testing my choices over the next few months)

i'm not a day trader, i'm more of a buy and hold kind of guy. what would you recommend to someone who's looking to swing trade?

US btw

Buy physical silver, hold it while you watch deutche bank go bankrupt and Janet yellow doing QE4, thank me later.

I'm a student of the markets too. I'm also paper trading the forex futures and cash markets.
Probably the most important thing you should research is things like risk management, position sizing. Like how much do you put up at risk? And also the psychology, how disciplined are you able to to follow your rules and resist temptations to do the wrong thing and psychology of how much draw down can you handle before you're psychology is messed up to where you start doing the wrong things.

>simulator and turned a 10% profit in a few week
>i'm not a day trader, i'm more of a buy and hold kind of guy. what would you recommend to someone who's looking to swing trade?

Are you into fundamental analysis or something else like technical analysis?
If you want to focus on fundamentals of equities, you might consider looking into some of Benjamin Graham's works.
If you're into technical analysis then you might consider trying to learn about how the institutions use the higher timeframe 1W and 1D charts(as in dont ever look at a chart timeframe lower than 4H) and how they accumulate and distribute their huge positions.
Just to be clear when I refer to technical analysis I dont mean stuff like RSI, Stochastic, MACD or whetever other indicators you can come up with.
I am referring to things like pure price action(naked chart with no indicators), market structure, orderflow, and the metagame concepts like 'where is the liquidity as in, where are the stops being placed'.

I do "fundamental analysis" on a really basic level. It's basically companies that I believe will do well because of their product or the way that they do business. I know fuck all about stock trading, but I do know these companies - that's my method of selecting stocks.

>I do know these companies - that's my method of selecting stocks.
So you have in depth experience/familiarity in the specific industry?

Yeah pretty much. I'm pretty young but most of the stocks I pick are tech based (always a plus) companies that I either have personal experience with their products or strongly believe they will do better in the future.

>I only buy AAPL GOOG MSFT and TSLA the post

>ITT: Investing and trading are the same, right?

One school of thought is that its best to diversify.
In futures there is another school of thought that if you become a worldclass expert at a one contracts and know everything there is to know about what moves the price of that specific contract then you'll do much better than if you tried to invest in anything and everything. I'm not sure how well this would translate into equities stocks.

To the naysayers here's a question, smart money institution analysts do their research and report that a certain company is good to buy/sell when its stock is at X. How does the smart money accumulate/distribute positions? Do they just click 'buy market'/'sell market'? No. They use a lot of sophisticated trading.

I'd post my portfolio but I'm on my phone right now

currently I'm holding:

TSLA
AMD
BBRY
FCAU
DIS

sold off my TWTR last week at 20% after the rumours of a buy.

I've done pretty good. Made a few million after tax with maybe 20k put in.

I like to buy good companies in bad times. Made a killing on kkd bought at 3 sold at 24. Made a good bit off amd bought around a dollar sold at 6. One of my new favorites is f. I like a lot about it but they're currently in a tight spot. I can see it being in the 50s in 3 to 6 years.

Use quest trade. Read up some shit on investopedia. Dont spend to much at first

A FUCKING LEAF

srsly, there are alot of trading sites out there for third worlders, like E-toro. You should also try crypto trading.. mad profits to be made if you know what youre doing