Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

How could she be so coal hearted edition

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?

Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11176185
youtube.com/watch?v=-9cFG6Zg4Ro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit, I am in love with Daora LBG with its RF normal 2. Should I have Load Up? I have crit eye +2,WE, crit boost and normal up right now.

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA

>managed to A rank cat arena
I thought I'd have more trouble.

I want to tie up the cats!

Just heard about SOUL's suicide, my condolences /mhg/

>tfw no 4k mh on ps4 pro

What's the preferred HBG playstyle and Hunter Art? I'm leaning towards Adept with Gunpowder Infusion but also looking at Guild with That along with either Absolute Evasion or Super Nova.

Anyone wanna take on Hyper Malfestio for the Okami gear? rm ID 12-5886-3172-0877

>same number in € and $
Way to go Sony.
Japan gets shafted the most though, what the hell.

Cat arenas are pretty easy, actual arenas with shit like malfagstio scan go choke on a dick

Can you tell the difference between a hunter art and a hunter fart ? If not, you're not a true hunter.

Fuck off arts instructor, you suck

I'm packing up and heading back to 4U. I've gotten everything I can out of Gen at only 238 hours. I still have things to work on in 4U at 580 hours and they're not relics, I don't bother with that shit. The G rank armors look better anyway and there are more good weapons to use.

Economy of scale I think

good riddance, now make everyone a favour and never come back again, you can take all other 4underage with you too

Ha! Your loss, later!

I'm at about that point myself in Gen. All I've really got left is maxing out the last few deviant tickets, but i've still got plenty to do in 4U.

Adept with Absolute Readiness. Pseudo Evade Extender that can reload your ammo and get you out of situations that would get you slammed if you adept dodged (Glavenus double tail slam with a wall to your left).

The alternative is Striker with GPL and both evasion arts.
Super Nova is shit don't use it.

Who's hyped for MH5 on PS4 Pro announcement at TGS?

Garuga has no friends?
;_;

If you just want to hunt monsters that ain't in Gen that's fine molten come back but no need to make shit up.

I'll be its friend.

>out of the loop
>check if this is real
>reveal had footage of deus ex: MD at 4k
I have doubts

it's never leaving nintendo and it will be a miracle if it leaves the 3ds
only suffering awaits

>Barioth will never shouldercheck you again
>Iceland monster roster will keep on being shitty in every new title.
Seriously, why are the ice monsters so shitty in the last two games? Only Zimzam is the good one.

There's nothing to make up. The only problem is that most of the things I have left to work on in 4U is going to need shitloads of large elder dragon gems and they're a pain in the ass to farm. I'll need at least 20. Maybe more. I used every weapon but lance and gunlance.

>calling neo-barioth good
>zamtrios is good
????

Are you a solo hunter, /mhg/?

strawpoll.me/11176185

Even MH has a price, and Tencent easily met that price.

>Chameleos' battle theme plays normally now
I am sad. I liked the way it was in FU that Chameleos' battle theme only played when it was enraged.

>Zamtrios
Meh

No one because the chance of this happening is less than the chance of you being laid

Well that didn't make sense at all.

>he doesn't like inflatable shark cock

>I want to make a bunch of useless shit of no value in 4U
>I don't want to make a bunch of useless shit of no value in Gen
>By posting this I am definitely not trying to start shit.

I already made all the best useless shit in Gen. There's not a lot to make.

Well there is a new MH at TGS regardless, /v/ keeps on spamming it every thread. People are saying MHXG right?

Yes, I don't like shitty fights.

Tigerstripe is Zamtrios salvaged into something decent.

At least he's subtler than the idiots who just spout "4underage/3bab/gen 1 and 2 were garbage/gen is anime" cancer.

Sorry user, I'm only into vore, not inflation.

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!
[spanish guitar solo]

I am a cringe hunter

If it is MHXG and it's still 30fps I'm going to have to fly to Japan and ritualistically kill Ichinose.

I always chose the Spanish reply.

>mfw Barrage of Blue

i'm a garuga inside

>Like CB and GL because /m/ as fuck and explosions
>They both got the nerf stick in Gen

Cringe

>finally get pretty decent at Garuga
>fight Hyper Garuga
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.

Nobody in Japan complained.

Barrage allows you to smoke bomb and bring actual sets, not that unholy garbage they give you. I just cannot understand how can you make one arena a fucking torture and then give aerial fire db on khezu and aerial fucking IG with aerial skill on naja

that's not an arena quest.

That shit was cash in 4U when it would play normally then turn muffled when it with invisible

Is it really that bad? I want muh arm cannon

I'm not even talking about the Metroid Garuga, which I hear is even worse than 'regular' Hyper Garuga.

Double nope.

what's going on here?

So, is the Gore Magala HBG decent? How is it for aeriel pellet spam?

Anyone know a good play to get a Freedom Unite Europe ISO? freeroms tried to give me malware and coolroms wants me to install their toolbar before I can do anything

Wait, they got rid of that? I haven't been playing with headphones and didn't even notice. That sucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=-9cFG6Zg4Ro

The Shaggy HBG is better in every way. It is the gun for aerial pellet spam, it sieges pellet 2, so if you want to meme on bladeshitters and get onto every blacklist in the planet, give it a whirl.

I'm HR4 and haven't seen a a Shagaru Magala. And this one upgrades into that one. So I'll just give it a shot I suppose.
And who said anything about multiplayer?

piracy is bad user. don't do it.

nigga it's present in like every torrent of psp games

Have you even tried reading the OP?

Japs have notoriously shit taste

>USA version
I dunno user have YOU even tried reading the OP?

It still does that.

>just barely into HR
>"I haven't seen a late High Rank only monster"
No duh.

He actually should have been if he wasn't another carried babby skipping village

And I didn't express the opinion that I should have or surprise that I hadn't. I was explaining why I can't make that weapon right now.

>freeroms
>coolroms
Nigga just go to emuparadise like any sane person would

Aerial Pellet will get you lots of mounts, but its damage output is trash. You should use the gun for adept Normal at least.

Nice assumptions. I have 6* village quests, though I haven't done any of them yet.

Village 6 star Stop the Wheel is low rank.

mounts are good adept is for badscrubs

LR Shaggy appears in both HR3 and V6*. There's no excuse for him not to have fought one already.

I meant that that what you need for upgrades to get shaggy HBG, starts in HR shaggy, which is pretty late HR only instead of available with events or shit like 4u.
Him having not fought the low rank one is weird, now that you point it out.

Nothing beats the adrenaline rush I get when fighting a Tigrex. It felt like a true 'monster', a berserking, roaring mass of pure power. I haven't play MHGen yet, is the Grimclaw any good?

gracias, I'm not big into emulation

And yet I find Tigrex to be a wholly unenjoyable fight I only do to get mats when I need them badly enough. Not even that difficult, just spazzy and dull.

Grimclaw is literally the only Deviant done right, and one of the minority that doesn't rely on atrocious hitzones to be "hard".

It's ok. It's like if Brute Tiggy had the power to burrow his claw into the earth and make pillars of energy burst out of it.

Also, the G.Tiggy weapons have a new pretty color hue to them.

Post. Them. Weapon usage statistics! Updated from the previous thread.

>TFW need literally no grimclaw parts
>still haven't fought most of the deviants because I don't want anything from them, looks or skill-wise
Is it worth going out of my way to fight?

Maybe once or twice just so you can say you've experienced them all?

how do?

They change at HR so once or twice is not enough

Could always just find someone who already has the HR versions unlocked and do one of those.

Guild card, change tabs until you find your weapon usage statistics.

where get gild card?

In terms of elemental priority based on how many monsters that element affects, is the order Thunder > Fire > Ice/Water/Dragon? Thunder seems to fuck everything up, while the others kind of trail behind except for one or two monsters. Like what is Ice useful against aside from Zinogre and Rajang?

Press start. Page 2/2. Guild Cards. Check.

Water ends up being as important or more because it wrecks many of the popular endgame threats like the metal raths and Glav/HB Glav.