/evog/ - Evolve General

dead everything edition

>LFG List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RQGpWqupSMEKL8g9qzBKUK0aBMdrFz9DX0LXxAkuTuQ/edit?usp=sharing

>Add yourself to the list^
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQw9-2MUEqdIx3D3a29jbyFEB_Hka_sBhJ_Cbc5uurpZC4XQ/viewform

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the few thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>patchnotes
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/live-now-update-2-09-bugs-balance-elder-kraken-clarity-pass/102013

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-stage-2-official-livestream-monster-09-08-12pm-pst/101999
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Before I give the patchnotes highlights, here's some good news. TRS is having a stream tomorrow where they talk about Bob and a bunch of other shit no one cares about. Since they're supposedly talking a lot about his reworks and abilities and shit, he's presumably being close to done. They'll probably announce him as coming out next week or the week after. Now you can play him against the same 3 people over and over again!
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-stage-2-official-livestream-monster-09-08-12pm-pst/101999

>patch notes spark notes
>monster perks reworked so the earlier levels give more. Only a few level 3 perks were affected. Most notably both poison skills and DR got slightly nerfed

>Jack has an extra second added to his recharge delay

>hank gives less on his shield burst

>slim has less incap healing

>Kala gives an extra 100 self shield on her shield burst, 50 more team shielding

>paladin deals less damage, recharges slightly less(specified in another thread as missing from the patches) from each pellet, and super solider lasts 2.5 less seconds. However class cooldown decreased by 25% and shotgun spread nearly halved

>renegabe deals slightly less DoTs

>parnell has a 2 second super soldier nerf

>solo matchmaking buffs nerfed

Dead

Can't they adjust some aspect of Kala's teleporters? Give them more health or have them charge up faster.

Giving her more shields definitely let her compete more with sunny and Hank, which were the most used support characters in the last "tournament". That said her teleporters should at least be able to survive wildlife. Last time I tried her I got stranded with the monster because one of those monkey things destroyed the teleporter after I used it and the team couldn't follow me.

It's hilarious that this game died again before they could make any money off of it. I'm surprised they keep updating with how things are going.

they made founder status even more worthless

nerfed and watered more things down instead of buffing

unnecessary parnell nerf

even more hank nerfs

monsters made slightly weaker across the board by nerfing perks

made the game slightly less fun AGAIN

playerbase keeps dwindling

I can't even bother to play the game more than about 3-4 matches a day for some challenge completion and a login reward, the fun has been drained

They actually just announced that they started work on the console version. They'll probably try monetizing that

>Shoot a web snare
>Watch it go right through a hunter
>Nothing happens

Does it only work if it hits a surface or something?
I'm getting fucking sick of monster skills just not working

>1-3% change on perks = fun factor removed from game
When was the last time you ever had any actual fun in life, user?

Rank 1 web snare is a very small hitbox. It can be pretty hard to hit hunters with it unless you explode it at their feet or if their back is against the wall. Rank 2 web snare is muuuuch bigger of a hitbox and easier to snag people with

Probably playing against laggers. I've been getting people with 200+ ping lately if I play monster and my last game had someone with 800-900 ping.

>When was the last time you ever had any actual fun in life, user?

Shit bait. They've been making the game less fun with each patch by nerfing everything to shit and not adding any good content like bringing back completely new maps, retard. Now there's no fun left. Nothing but watered down garbage, everything is a fucking shadow of what it was. Everything is wimpy and boring and becomes less useful with each patch.

what I meant to type was "bringing back old maps or making completely new maps"

but I just don't care anymore, bored of the game and it's lack of content and constant shitting on characters instead of making everyone perfectly viable instead of having so many gimped characters

fuck this game and especially fuck TRS

At least they're bringing bob back right?

Too little, too late.

QQ some more holy shit. Your sense of fun is garbage. This game has a lot of work to be done and a lot of maps to be made available yet I agree. But it's not that bad. You are, and your attitude is.

This game is fucking dead in the water. Just let go. I had a sliver of hope for it until recently but it's never going to bounce back. I've drained the little fun it had left in it. All the variation maps are shit. So tired of the same 4 maps and the game in general. Just adding a fucking arena mode would have helped. But no, let's make a fucking garbage deepest dark variation for only the co-op mode that almost everyone but newbie retards vote to skip. Editing even one goddamn old map to be slightly smaller with less clutter shouldn't take much more work than that deepest dark variation. Fucking awful devs.

Once this thread dies before its time like the previous ones we probably won't see another one soon. It's for the best.

K. Don't play. And nothing of value was lost.

Meanwhile, people with less salt will continue to enjoy the game.

>he wants SMALLER maps
Get out.

You really are fucking retarded. I don't want smaller maps but that's what they are doing to the maps when they modify them for stage 2, you giant annoying retard. They REMOVE things from them.
Enjoy your waiting time in dead lobbies with the remaining 300 players in a couple of months when they finally stop wasting their time on the game and then close it down.

Perks were a mistake.

letting TRS have another go at killing the same game again was a mistake

They really were. When you balance characters around perks you know you fucked up

That's the fourth mistake. It goes in this order:

TRS thinking they could improve on L4D was a mistake.
Evolve was a mistake.
Then perks.
Then Evolve 2.0

Thank fucking god this game is dead

They'll never realize it wasn't the game's concept keeping it down and that they are just THAT fucking shit at making it fun and not frustrating, but it's still perfectly fine.

>K. Don't play.

Oh hello there autist! Reality here with a reality check!

That's what everyone's been doing!

>the only real nerf to PP was the amount of healing downed hunters receive and 2 seconds removed from fury
Monster shitters are gonna keep crying even with their new perk buffs and he's gonna be gutted. R abe is gonna get fucked aswell, this was just a start

RAbe has already been fucked twice. He's already a shit pick. If they nerf him further he will be near Waggie tier.

There weren't really perk buffs. They upped the values on the one and two star levels of the perks which nobody should be undercutting themselves with anyway.

Don't have enough keys for 3 star perks yet lol

Yea. Pretty much. People on here seem to think it's the balance adjustments killing the game, but the truth is that the structure of the game itself is unappealing to most. To some its overly repetitive, and the chase is boring- which they tried to address in Stage 2. Also, if a person picks up the game, they have a huge skill mountain to crawl up before they are even half decent at hunter or monster. Once you hit level 75, you aren't even close to being a good player yet. Not to mention that solo q-ing and expecting your cobbled together group of miscreant hunters to prevail over an experienced monster is unrealistic. If you find good hunters to pear up with, you'll have a good time.

laz

Here is a list of reasons explaining why I still play this game:

1) I can't afford Overwatch

>calls me retarded
>continues to play a game that makes him full of salt and frustration
Yfw you're the retard all along. Get good or get out

Not everyone is an elitist or feels the way you do about the game, I hate to break it to ya

It's a free to play game with 0 pay to win elements and a overall good skill based game play. Some of you faggots take the game way to seriously and really can't just accept things as they are and have fun. The only reason you don't have fun is because YOU aren't having fun. It's not the fucking games fault your attitude is garbage and your mindset is shit. But hey, keep making excuses and vent your angst. This is an anonymous image board afterall. Nobody will see you irl from here and look you in the eye knowing what a baby you are.

TRS pls go. your game is imba trash

>another hank nerf
lol
I've seen some shit in game industry, but stupid devs like this - oh boy.
It's good that game is dead again, not only people left it because it's shit, the devs themselves okay with this. I mean, TRS, people don't want to play your game even for free.
Maybe it's time to stop.
Or maybe you just want the game with 2000 shitters instead of 200 and that was your goal.

I think they just need to completely remove shield burst from hank.

>more overall nerfs

Fucking yawn. Do they not understand the problem with their method of balancing from top to down? I guess it's easier shaving a block into a sculpture than building one eh?

What's the best build for Jack now? Does switch/capacity/capacity still allow the repulsors to block two traversals?

jack is out after that recharge nerf. electro griffin is far superior now.

Just wait until console players get a hold of stage 2, hunter players are going to be furious that their characters are shit now.

I can just imagine how one-sided the console release will be.
>Console hunters struggle to just scale cliffs, constantly wasting jetpack thrusts
>Being able to hit the backside of a barn is no easy feat
>Meanwhile monster players are right at home with ps/xbox controls and don't have to much trouble using a controller and playing competently
>Hunters lose 90% of the time unless the monster stands still and gives them a free win

it's going to be absolutely fucking hilarious.

So let me get this straight, hunters get blanked nerfs to everything and monsters get a buff.
WOW it almost like they have been doing this for months now.

You know it, by the time stage 2 launches on consoles the population is going to tank hard due to how shitty the hunters are now.

>good news console players we nerfed hunters by 4-5x of what they were, while at the same time buffing monsters in all aspects, enjoy!
>we have been testing this on the pc and the number of complaints has reached zero thus we think it is truly perfect
>console player looks up the pc player count
>it's sub 500 players

>t. garbage 0.18 winrate shitter

I can't wait to see player retention levels on console.

>nerf jack reload times by one second in two consecutive patches
>TRIPLE the delay until reload when he's already a risky pick because the repulsor requires three people (jack, monster, focused guy) to have specific positioning to work
>FURTHER NERF HANK WHEN THE TACTIC IS ALREADY TO JUST DUNK HIS ASS

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAAHAHHAHHAHAHHA
I haven't seen such retarded balance since when tripwire made it so parry didn't block more than 50% of damage.

Hank is fucking cancer though, the only monsters that can burst him down if he's with a rogue val are goliath and m goliath. This is coming from a guy who plays hunter most of the time

>more or less buff the first 2 levels of many perks in each tier, this is completely irrelevant and unnecessary since most player will have those 1 or 2 levels only momentarily
>fucking shit on the third and final level of those perks which is what most people will have most of the time in each tier

BRILLIANT BALANCING! TRS is genius!

don't you mean regular Val? RVal has been useless tier for a long while now

who the fuck even plays RVal anymore lmao

regular val has nearly twice the healing of rogue val and emet has 460healing every 4.5s while rogue val has 250hp over 4.5s

rogue val has the lowest healing in the entire game, even lazarus has more healing than her.

You know rval is supposed to be kinda tanky right? She isn't supposed to have the highest healing in game. She is supposed to keep everyone effectively healthy and when I play her, that's what happens. You literally stand near anyone who is getting focused and try to grt the monster attention. If that fails then you get to free heal. If it works then don't suck, done, and you are good 80% of the time. I mailed rval and Val for long enough to grt them rank 40. They are both good but for different reasons. I prefer rval

Get*
Dodge* not done
Fucking autocorrect

>he still plays RVal
>when every other medic can outheal her
>and PaPa is far better at both healing and tanking hits AND dealing damage