/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread Missing link /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Decrypted games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access from DS mode accomplished, still working out how to load roms. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Vitamin release slated for later this week, if The FloW feels like it :^) bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitamintwitter.com/TheFlow0
-Band-Aid fixes some games. pastebin.com/mE4YUBFP
-HENkaku release 5 is out, along with VitaShell 0.91.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game Decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)
mega.nz/#!QxUzlJqL!FGHVnYcqFWQ8CJiu23gWP62ZiPWPJx4HSEp3A4nEtdU
youtube.com/watch?v=xMfmifFvrZs
gbatemp.net/threads/vitamin-compatibility.439776/page-21#post-6661574
github.com/henkaku/offline-installer/releases/
pastebin.com/gdYHiFAX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is SAO HF dumped? if so, which version?

What's a Vita?

Check the doc.

does the shinovi versus in the bin with nude mod work? is it the same mod the pc version got?

I got a question here, the guide says I have to install henkaku after every reboot? is there nothing that just auto does it?

Is there any better way to run PSP isos on a cfw ps3?
Madoka won't run 5 min without crashing and this launcher gives me 0 options to fiddle with.

Hey guys i need some help, I went to FUCKING EB GAMES to buy a vita and they have two different models for used ones; they have one thats 119.99 and 149.99(this is canuck bucks). I asked the guy what the difference is and he said the 119.99 vita has no wifi, i thought all vitas had wifi? was he fucking with me? is there like a shit tier model that i just shouldnt go for at 119.99 or is it the same thing?
thanks boys.

No version tho
I want the latest to play with a friend via adhoc

I don't get it. Where was the new Vita?

I don't know a lot about vita's but that's probably the 3G only one. To my understanding vita's came in 3 models: 3G, Wifi, 3G+Wifi

He fucked up, he meant no 3g

have you tried going to the apple store?

No. Go to the website or use the offline version.

I'm not aware of a 3G only model. That sounds retarded.

>tfw handheld with ps2 hardware inside never

Don't buy used from a retailer, they'll be on 3.61.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

>Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings (if it is not already)

What does this mean? Do I go into settings and update? Or is there a way through something else? It doesn't really explain it.

Don't expect to get the latest version out of any of the dumps yet. Cart dumps will always be the original version.

so all base models came with wifi but some of them came with no 3G?
i mean what kind of retard would get 3G on it anyway.

EB games guy is a fucking retard. He might've meant "no 3G"

The main thing to check is what the buttons look like.

Top is OLED original

Bottom is New LED

Anyone?

Does anyone have a snes vc inject of Plok? The one I found on 3dsiso doesn't have any sound.

>IPS has warmer colors, which I like
>OLED has clearer picture

I'm so conflicted.

Wow, just when you thought /v/ couldn't get worse, Sony goes and announces a shitty new PS4 that can't do shit and Nintendo goes even more mobile.

Yes, just go into settings and update.

If and only if "sys" precedes your version number.

Some Vitas have 3G connectivity if you start a plan (mine has it but I never used it.)
He probably meant that. You'll still be able to go online normally if you don't buy a plan.

They announced TWO PS4s (Slim and "pro") and confirmed even further that Vita is dead and buried for them.

I can see that happening, and them pretending to not be butthurt about losing access to the exploit because they have an improved UI and HDR.

It will be glorious to rub "NEVER EVER" in their faces.

yes, do exactly what it said
i don't get the confusion here

>Got bored of waiting for Wii U and Vita hacks so updated to the current firmwares at the time
>5.5.1 Wii U and 3.60 Vita
It isn't all bad sometimes. Even 3DS got there in the end.

>They announced TWO PS4s (Slim and "pro")
just why..?
so the slim is basically replacing the OG one, and the Pro is the upgraded version for 4k gaming?

the IPS is a little weird to photograph, so that "might" be it.

If I'm not too lazy to photograph my slim and charge my OLED to take a pic, I'll send it.

To be honest I prefer the Slim. It's lighter and uses micro usb.

I dumped SAO HF, but I don't think it worked.

It was dumped with leaked, so maybe chink magic will help.

mega.nz/#!QxUzlJqL!FGHVnYcqFWQ8CJiu23gWP62ZiPWPJx4HSEp3A4nEtdU

That's right.

The pro fucking can't even do 4k

How many crying Nintendo Wojack threads are there?

>4k gaming
upscaled

well i mean in the sense of them advertising it, i know it won't be able to do 4k
maybe if you play fucking pong remake

Whoops, I meant LCD not LED for the slim

The Pro is the N3DS of PS4. It will potentially get support and deliver better graphics for games, but ultimately I don't see devs being assed enough to add 2 modes to their games, especially when there's a 40 mil install base of the lazy option already.

It works with chink magic.

WHERE 1.2???

honestly i don't see any reason for them to cry, it just another one of those 1 press and you run with various buttons to jump and dodge shit kinda like temple run, but this time it is mario
this is actually probably good for nintendo

Cool, then everyone can enjoy.

If a (relatively) small studio like tecmo-koei can do it why can't everyone else

How do I block vita updates and how do I get the henkkeku offline installer? I see nothing about this in the pastebin.

In 5 days.

Supposedly this weekend.

Laziness. Studios who already have PC versions of their games have even less reasons to not be able to do it. They just have to port the PC's medium or high settings to the console and it's done.

>op now has the doc instead of the bin

Gee i wonder what autist made the thread. Hnmm

youtube.com/watch?v=xMfmifFvrZs
gbatemp.net/threads/vitamin-compatibility.439776/page-21#post-6661574

And this retard wont link it, great. If anyone has the game you could try the method that he mentions in the GBA thread.

Do you have Lost Song user?

Unless the german fag loses his motivation once again.

I don't, but apparently this is a magnet link for it

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:575F2065A29034F6A0A63EBB66E5410B4160A9B8&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet

Check the doc.

sony sdhc would work with the 3ds right? They won't get so petty to the point where they block each other from their respective console right?
tfw sony sdhc is on sale and cheaper than sandisk

I like to pretend that he did it in order to get everything working. He was juggling both better compatibility and DLC/updates all at once. If he can actually deliver on his claims, I'll happily shut up.

do all vitas use the same memory card?
I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering a memory card online but i haven't even bought the vita yet.

>still shilling the doc

I bet youre op too you big faggot

The vita doesn't automatically install updates, worst that'll happen is it downloads the update and waits for you to manually install it. If that still bothers you, disable "Download Update File for System Software" under System->Auto-Start Settings.

Offline installer is here:
github.com/henkaku/offline-installer/releases/
that link is from the pastebin, ctrl+f is your friend

SEND HELP

I installed the new street pass DLC via .cia and everything is working expect the fucking cooking mini game AND I DON'T KNOW WHY. It starts up, I tap that i'm ready to cook and the game crashes and I have to restart my 3DS.

Is the fucking game N3DS only or something and I don't know it? WHAT IS WRONG, HOW DO I FIX IT.

SHIIIIIT

it's less about blocking each other and more about sony blocking everybody else for the fucking bullshit vita memory card

but if you are just talking about sdhc with sony brand, it absolutely work with 3ds. i have the 32gb version i used for the o3ds

what the fuck? Why would you be such a gigantic faggot?

There is literally nothing wrong with the doc, you retard.

it may be a bad cia or something, it works on my machine

did you install the update version of the plaza itself? it should be plaza 5.0 first then you install the games cia

>shilling
What?

noice, brb in an hour
i should download all muh games whille I'm gone too huh

Thanks friend. I literally couldn't find that in here pastebin.com/gdYHiFAX unless its outdated

I didn't know what sysNAND was. It never really explained it, and I didn't know if CFW sysNAND meant something else.

Does the Band-aid work for Metal Gear?

So i was trying to install BBCF doing the ftp method to save room and it says you cant transfer non-ASCII files so what should i do?
It came in a zip but that wouldnt save space when installed when i install that from the vita

(You)

Expect that we already had a bin and you keep forcing you doc for the sake of showing off who has a biger epen. So anal about it that you want to make the bin irrelevant even though is more accurate than your fancy shit

>It never really explained
are you fucking retarded?
read the fucking page before you ask shit

I was going off the big guide one in OP.

The bin was fucking trash.

BUMP
If someone knows that would be very helpful.
PLS

The fuck? Go get some fresh air user.

>1.2 NEVER COMES OUT

Nigger, the vita will always use the proprietary memory card.

yes I installed the update first and then the games
all the other new games work fine

did you use freeshop or .cia? I got my .cia from 3DSiso

yes

Yes, we all have to share the same memory card. Some guy called Gary in this thread currently has it. Wish he'd hurry up with it tbqh.

let just make it simple so you don't even have to understand it
If you get into setting and see sys + firmware number then it is in CFW and you just update it like normal
If you get into setting and see just the number of the firmware then it is possible you are in the original system NAND and if you update it to 6.11 that would be bad

My dad works for Vitamin and he gave me a copy of 2.6. I can run PS4 games at 4k.

Apparently the sly collection can be dumped if you use this method:

1. Activate HENkaku.
2. Insert the game cartridge.
3. Launch Vitamin v1.0 or v1.1 and dump the game.
4. Remove the cartridge.
5. Delete the game from the live screen.
6. Launch VitaShell and install the VPK.
7. Play!

If someone has the sly collection cartridge PLEASE try this.

I got my cia from a guy on 3dsiso that made it with ciangel

Is there a list of stuff I can feed a MIxer?

i just download the same cias from that site, let me try to install it see if it got any error
give me 10 mins and i will report back

will nintendo know if I use freeshop

>inb4 he Harry Pottered it and is too ashamed to admit it

I'm already completely done with installing everything. Jesus I was just trying to understand everything completely before I just start updating shit.

>mfw the wild Harry Potter ride
>mfw Vitamin got leaked and everyone thought it was an elaborate ruse
>mfw the shitstorm in general

>The game can be dumped if you do the normal process of dumping a game
Thanks for the info!

And people wonder why i need to use a trip. Getting sick of this shitpost about "muh doc is better", "the bin is shit", " stop shilling(?) your doc", "put the doc in op", "put the bin in op".

Jesus fucking christ. Both things are in the vitagen bin so who really cares what's being shown in the OP or not? God damn shitposter ruining my strawberry milk. If anyone needs to complain about this is me and i aint complaining whonis better. Use the doc or the bin, same shit by the end of the day.

Subscriber and like my blog. And stop this useless crap, damn.

why do you care
cuck

they knew the moment we post in this thread

>Buying a memory card before the system

Only Amerifats can be this stupid

>Subscriber and like my blog
>no links

wew lad

>God damn shitposter ruining my strawberry milk

good taste in milk