Have a decent amount of knowledge on cadillac's future plans

have a decent amount of knowledge on cadillac's future plans

not a super popular brand here but ama if interested

Please let this terrible design be a joke

No windows anymore hm?

DEVALUED

easily found concept sketch for elmiraj

It must be a design trend because the actual concept got windows twice as big

FR light weight pure sports car with a manual for >$20k? Otherwise not interested.

Sorry, we're going to make one but it's going to be $14k. Why do you require spending more?

if you've ever seen concept sketches for cars you'd know that they all look cartoonish, i.e. pillbox windows, huge wheels, unbuildable proportions.

elmiraj concept is a forerunner to an actual production car on this side or the other of 2020±1 year

FWIW ciel concept might actually be built as well

preliminary discussions are being had on whether or not it should or must be done; jdn is retiring after his stint at cadillac and he wants to leave a legacy. a crowning achievement for him would be to restore cadillac and leave it with not just one, but several halo cars of which there are 3-4 in the works

>CT9
rr phantom-like car
>XT9
bentayga-like car
>CS1 (not named yet)
mid-engine vette pairing

those are the definites, ciel is the potential fourth. all will come out no later than 2026, all will be $200k+ and bespoke

any plans for a version of the Volt or Bolt with cadillac suspension tuning and stuff?

$14k for a babby caddy? I'd buy it

Will we ever see a V10/12/16 or Diesel powerplant?

Oh yay more halo cars for rich old fucks

nobody is making that for sub-$20k

also, code is on ice but may come back into the picture with camaro on the rocks from what i hear. personally i think it's bullshit

some rumblings were going around that code would come in and camaro would be bumped up in size and price a bit to bridge the gap between it and vette/supplement the place of the stingray with the introduction of the new rmr vette (there will be several)

not gonna happen. new platform can do both FR and RMR, and they're keeping and evolving the stingray.

will be 2 RMR vettes from what i know; e-ray, zora

zora has the expressed intent to destroy the GT, will be roughly $80k-$200k

e-ray will be a 918-style hypercar for GT money that will shit all over GT AND 918/P1

not privy to e-ray powertrains but i hear LTA+voltec-related setup as you would expect for a P1/laferrari/918 competitor. expect a minimum 600hp in both CS1 and zora. detuned version of this engine will make it to escalade and CT6.

ct6 will get ~475/475 ca 2018my, escalade will get 550/550 ca 2019-2020. so too should ct6.

yes and no.

every cadillac starting with ct6/xt5 will receive voltec-related powertrains as necessary to compete in china. china limits registrations of ICE cars basically by what might as well be a lottery BUT you can skip that and register a plug-in IMMEDIATELY and if it's built in china, you can use china's domestic charging system.

there will be no explicit cadillac volt, but d2jl will come somewhat close. it's a warmed over version of the d2xx platform underpinning volt and cruze and will replace ATS and verano in the domestic market. will be awd-only, will get a V and plug-in hybrid, and should be exclusively 4 cylinder @ $25k.

there will be a cadillac bolt. XT1 or XT2, ca 2020. will be electric-only (obviously)

wait a few years for a used ATS if there are any still in one piece

no/no/no/yes, several and by 2020; I4 and V6

not for the gooks. average gook caddy buyer is under 40, which is unheard of

they will be our biggest market by 2020 and are and will remain our buyer focus

old management was just fucking incompetent, so for those interested, don't worry about "chinese styling"

the gooks by and large like the same shit you like

hopefully this cadillac bolt will get some of cadillac's suspension magic rather than just a rebadge

if they make it a slick looking sedan or coupe instead of a weird hatchback i'm sold af

bump because i like to share

cadillac is in the early stages of developing a car-sharing service for at the very least its coming top-tier models. you buy basically a "subscription" in lieu of a car and have access to a pool of high-end models given their availability. will be something like GM's maven, but exclusive to cadillac.

it's meant to sell cadillacs/cars to people who might not exactly be willing to put up with the fuss of owning a car in dense areas but still want one like in NYC, HK, shanghai, and the larger european cities. all geared towards the enigmatic millennial who apparently hates the responsibility of owning shit for themselves

with the advent of self-driving, the idea right now is to essentially order a car and it will be released from a central location and deliver itself to you. still working on research and models for pricing etc. goes back when you're done for maintenance/refueling/cleaning

not a major scoop, but one i don't think has been picked up anywhere yet

it'll be a "crossover" but toe the line

think bolt but looking like a caddy, plus a little suspension lift and more "crossover" styling vs the suppository-looking failure that is the bolt (which is basically geared towards the autonomous pod future; uber and lyft drivers beware)

pic somewhat related in terms of proportion vs bolt. more crossover, less honda fit.

will not be a rebadge. think volt vs ELR in terms of differentiation

have you SEEN the cost to park in a halfway decent garage in some places? i would rather have a nicer apartment than deal with that parking shit

ps blame cadillac for no cruze SS hatchback

>CS1 (not named yet)mid-engine vette pairing
>will be 2 RMR vettes from what i know; e-ray, zora

K.

well aware. plan though is to expand beyond cities because millennials are "experiential" which is code for immature and cheap

lived in hoboken for a time, which is pretty livable vs nyc. chose a nicer apartment than a set of wheels i never needed

this is for the higher end buyers who, say, might not want to keep around a $150k CT8 (cadillac's maybach-sized take on the s-class) in the city OR might not be willing to drop the several thousand more dollars for additional parking spaces for a second or third car

you basically buy access to a $200k CS1 (think cadillac R8), a $150k CT8, or a $150k XT8 (think escalade/range rover) without ever having to worry about long-term parking, gas, or ownership headaches

delivers itself to you and drives itself off into the sunset when you're done

CS1 won't be around for at least 5 years

e-ray is legit, will be around in about 5 years

zora will be around by 2018

ps CS1 is not named but there's waffling between CS1 and ST1

names and shit aren't nailed down in the industry until late in the game, with a relevant example being as late as the month of the ZL1 reveal

as you prob know: was originally Z28 (no slash), was stopped and changed to ZL1 which was later supplemented by Z/28

CT7/CT8/CT9 are yet to be definitively named, but so far it's:
>CT7
elmiraj, pretty close to carbon copy
>CT8
elmiraj sedan, think RR ghost in size
>CT9
RR phantom size and customizability, but half the price

and like i said. still unnamed. production ciel is also unnamed

I doubt Cadillac will ever touch Range Rover. They have zero history in the luxury offroad segment. No GM division does and 5ish years isn't much time to learn. No way they put out something that's anything but a mall cruiser. I'd love to be wrong.

>used ATS if there are any still in one piece

Shit cars in your opinion? Curious how long term they stack up against the 3 series

Anymore crossovers? I love the XT5 , but i liked the SRX way better.

for production ciel, and inevitable
>b-b-but it's not possible to build a four-door convertible!
>muh crash tests

1) materials science
2) engineering for the weakest link

>z06 convertible was the car the C7/6.5 program was built off of

the largest components of VSS-RWD (effectively O2LL) would be engineered to accommodate the structural impotencies of a large, 4-door convertible

could mean a suicide door trickle-down for follow on CT8 generations (its most probably analogous companion car but will be closer in usable size to CT6)

I work for Lexus. Cadillac was the biggest conquest with circle F back in the eighties and since the success of the LS 400 we haven't really cared about Cadillac as a rival. I think the tables are turning now though. Lexus seems complacent and Cadillac seems willing to take more risks. We have had a brand shift in the last four years but from the outside looking in, Cadillac has more steam and more balls. Do you think Cadillac is as adventurous and well run as I might think?

What took cadillac so long to follow all the other luxo brands and develop a supercar? Is the recent development related to new CEO de nyschan or however u spell it?

not exactly our game and "luxury offroad" isn't intent.

will have some token offroad capabilities, but nothing serious. not its intention, either. range rover comparison is meant more to compare to the sophisticates' king of the luxury SUV segment and shake off escalade's (plenty existent) baggage, but that's not a GIVEN that it will totally drop the escalade name. post-2024, you will no longer have a BOF escalade

GM will (or won't) surprise you at chevrolet and GMC in terms of offroading.

colorado ZR2 will be out soon (will shit on the comically oversized raptor)

GMC will get exclusive product by way of a wrangler competitor and a slightly more offroad-capable companion to the XT8 (which will focus on more of a cayenne-like street-based existence) to compete with the grand wagoneer and give GMC a nice halo vehicle above the yukon

stay the fuck away from the ATS

performance-wise if you're a geek about handling, lease one new. it's a great car, really fun to drive.

if you want your car to reliably work every day and have minimal quality issues, forget buying one. previous leadership was again incompetent and cheaped out on the first gen alphas.

stay the fuck away from ATS. would be wary about camaro, but i hear it's good. not sure why its sales are shit

lots

XT1, XT3, XT5, XT7, XT8, XT9

think audi's Q cars for comparable sizing and pricing

XT7 is FWD. XT8 will be similarly sized, but a big larger and RWD. will replace escalade. will be a performance monster, think about the cayenne turbo s, then picture it crying itself to sleep at night

XT9, think about bentayga but more exclusive (build-to-order only) and no moronic frills like a $150k clock option

will be the most powerful SUV on the planet. buckle up buckaroos

Well that is disappointing, Ive heard good things about the ATS other than the infotainment. Sounds like typical GM though.

new 2 door land yachts when?

>stay the fuck away from ATS. would be wary about camaro, but i hear it's good. not sure why its sales are shit
that sucks, i keep recommending used ones as a solid bmw alternative since bmw is so numb and dull now

its sales are shit because of the badge unfortunately but it looks like cadillac is determined to reverse brand perception. good luck

new leadership (johan) is phenomenal. fantastic morale, fantastic plans; only problem is we have about half the cash we need to implement those plans.

performance-wise: commit seppuku now
quality-wise and ownership experience-wise: you will still hold the edge

our dealer network is a millstone around our neck despite what jdn says, but his most recent reveal with his "virtual dealerships" is his way of squeezing out the zips who drag us down while maintaining those points-of-sale to the dedicated customer.

cadillac and gm are still very risk-averse in the short term, but cadillac is being more bold in its spending. that said, much of what we have is invested in our crossovers and a realignment our product back towards our "real" demographic which is frankly a cheaper customer. they have the money, but we have to earn our place. we reached too far, too soon and GM still has a bitter taste in its mouth from the alpha cars, which is why all of our crossovers up to 2020 will be FWD.

those products will fuel our long-term the second wave of our push, which should give anyone not playing with a full deck nightmares as they're being developed entirely under the leadership of our new team which is VERY competent.

second wave, think: R8, maybach, luxury coupe (closer to LC than S coupe), phantom (size), bentayga, escalade replacement. all of those are pretty much givens with the big ? being ciel. wave two depends on wave one.

to answer your questions directly...
>Do you think Cadillac is as adventurous and well run as I might think?

>adventurous
not quite in the immediate term
>well run
not until the last two years, which is a serious problem for us. a lot of our "cadillac is coming back!" momentum is hampered by our most recent failed "renaissances," of which we've had two. this is take three, and it's the only one that i can tell GM has been all-in on and that the planets have aligned for.

I want a little RWD car with power and steering
Can Cadillac provide in the future

>zora has the expressed intent to destroy the GT, will be roughly $80k-$200k

>e-ray will be a 918-style hypercar for GT money that will shit all over GT AND 918/P1

This is doing obscene things to my dick. The closest thing i can think of to a Mid-engined Corvette in the flesh is the Mosler MT900 and that car was a fucking weapon and even to this day its performance is in the C7 Z06/Nismo/latest 911 GT3 performance range despite being first debuted in 2001.

I'm pretty sure a actual mid-engine Corvette will be heavier and less agile than the MT900 was but a Hybrid super-car with 918 levels of performance? good god! I hope Honda is going to be extracting the same level of performance out of the new NSX in the up coming years (too early to tell right now since its a brand new platform and everything) also if they actually did get the Zora (which i'm guessing will be V8 powered) shit all over the GT that'd be symbolically a slap in the face for Ford's ecoboost.

GM still has a bitter taste in its mouth from the alpha cars
i thought the alpha cassis was fucking gud tho?

if i wanted to work in cadillac R&D, specifically the embedded software bits, where should i go/do?

Yo.

The last few years have had sprinklings of different Cadillac convertibles. Do the future plans have any of these?

I appraise cars for a living. I see SRX after SRX in my area (lots of doctors with like two kids and shit). The resale tends to be shit because of transmission and head gasket issues. Is GM aware of this and doing something?

Why were Northstars so shit?

Seriously, thanks for making this thread. I will probably have a shit ton more questions.

Fuck buick.

nobody bought them, prolly why it got sent down to the camaro so fast

but isnt that a consequence of the cadillac badge and not so much whether the chassis was good?

Definitely, it was simply the wrong car for GM/cadillac at the time. They should have gone for a crossover instead of putting a crapton of money into a BMW killer, when BMW themselves was moving away from the performance model.

It seems the management just sees that nobody really wants RWD performance cars at the moment, so they are not prioritizing them.

no money, no brains, no balls

ATS is a good car to lease. you will like CT3/CT4 or CT2 better depending on what you want and what price.

CT2 expect the first iteration of our new styling. probably will be debut at LA next year, but it might be teased this year though. will be FWD-based but only available with AWD. expect 4-cyl only and the V should get close to 400hp and should be at about 380ish in torque.

will compete directly with the new FWD 1, CLA, A3, etc. should also be about $5k cheaper; expect $25k-$45k/$50k.

will be based on a modified cruze platform. V should come at launch to help jdn save face for the inevitable, but unfounded cimarron comparisons

CT3 will basically be the next generation of china's LWB ATS. quality will be much better. money is being spent quite literally on the nuts and bolts and less on superfluous shit. a slightly cheaper plastic feel and a $1.80 vs $5 door handle will not deter repeat buyers like, say, snapping clips would.

probably never from us, but our coming cars will deliver physically more car for the money than our rivals.

see:
>CT6
S-Class size, E-Class+ money
>CT3
ATS, but 6 inches more wheelbase and improved interior packaging increasing space further. $35k for what you'll be spending $40k on for a smaller german car

the era of the large american luxury sedan is back. lincoln has some goodies up its sleeve, too.

by probability you're doing the right thing and as used cars, that ones that haven't been bought back are probably going to be fine.

they ARE good cars and 9/10 times you'll have made a good recommendation. but that 10th time will be an unmitigated disaster

i say this as a former audi owner (engine failure in my S5 at 19k miles, rattled like a box of legos by 24mo)

not as little as ATS is now and no smaller than that for RWD. there has been a lot of hullabaloo about FWD/RWD but our small car will be FWD, which is why no verano for the US

Ive got an ATS, it drives excellently.

Now it has been in the shop for about 3 weeks total for various warranty repairs. Had a cracked oil pan, bent balance shaft (or some shit), and a cracked infotainment screen that all took multiple days to repair.

Thats all kind of minor stuff (according to the dealership) so I guess I have a good one? Still leaning towards trading it in soon.

zora is going to make you cry and will give GT owners PTSD. consider this: it shares the namesake of its father. it will not disappoint him.

for e-ray, take a look at what the vette guys pulled off with the Z06 for less than $80k.

now quadruple the money they have to play with from a retail perspective and give them the opportunity to engineer it all into a new platform vs basically optimize last gen's body

pic related

for alpha and omega, you as a consumer will find no better chassis anywhere. you will find no better performers at any price point on the market than GM's RWD lineup.

for GM as a business in charge of creating value for its stockholders, alpha has shit the bed. expect at least one more alpha car before the next generation comes, though. hint: avista was literally just a reskinned camaro with LGW and a higher MSRP, i.e. minimal dev costs and bigger margins.

more little nuggets some of you might have heard:
>SS will not have an immediate replacement post-2017 but let not your hearts be troubled
>SS and Impala will merge into one RWD car come next gen, which is still a ways out (post-2020)
>buick could also get a version but from what i hear it's still a little ways out for both of them (think avenir)

biggest kinks: GM has an HR problem in that they have the cash, but lack the engineers and designers to pump out everything they want as quickly as possible and as such they have to allocate resources most efficiently. right now that's mostly in crossovers, trucks, and SUVs

you won't. cadillac functions as a third party "brand" that purchases engineering services from mothership GM

literal robots control GM HR. friend of mine personally delivered his PHENOMENAL resume to mark reuss; no dice

there will be at least and probably only one convertible for the time being. think audi S5

other possibility is ciel at the very top and CS1, but at that point you're talking $200k+

camaro was part of the plan from day one

pretty sure the problem is letting the autists in engineering run the programs who have no idea how to sell cars, they just know how to make them go fast and put a smile on your face

there's not a lot on right brain at GM where there needs to be. cadillac has hired a shitload of right brain, which was one impetus behind the move to nyc

ding ding, also a result of abysmal product management

alpha was initially a fat piece of shit sigma part deux until it went on a crash diet (the gram-by-gram program you hear the engineers sperg over).

late-game changes to the program also played into the shit quality

nobody gives a fuck about RWD, but it's necessary above a certain size for performance and design characteristics and those are what people care about.

>cracked oil pan
you're not the only one

same good friend was ready and waiting to order a $70k ATS-V coupe. had one of the very first ATS's ordered and delivered. treated it like a baby, only had 9k or so miles. garaged it.

paint was falling off, rattles that were never fixed, the headliner came loose. lots of electronics issues, engine problems. cracked oil pan.

>9k miles

get rid of yours ASAP. it will only get worse. nice car, though. pre-MCE is a favorite of mine.

Is it safe to assume the production Ciel would just end up being called the El dorado?

no, the new goys don't have a lot of love for the old names and frankly neither does anyone else outside of the cadillac who, this may shock you, are outnumbered by those who know less than nothing about the brand

there's lots of cognitive dissonance with people about cadillac. old names are seen only to inflame that and reverse positive progress.

lincoln is 50/50 on that front, they have literally nothing to lose. i do not believe we will follow lincoln down that road.

the public buzzwords will be international translatability and nameplate consistency, but the real story is: no love for the old names. if there is ever a non-alphanumeric cadillac, it will be a new name... but don't hold your breath.

>no, the new goys don't have a lot of love for the old names and frankly neither does anyone else outside of the cadillac who, this may shock you, are outnumbered by those who know less than nothing about the brand

am slightly drunk, so clarification:

the only people with whom those names would resonate, even if their champions at the brand's nucleus had more influential voices, are those champions and an increasingly smaller group of people increasingly located in poorer areas.

the people to whom we would be selling a $250,000 four-door convertible will either be increasingly older fucks with tons of money like clint eastwood who would buy it if you called it the cadillac sybian5000 because they'll love the nostalgia, celebrities who wouldn't want to be seen in one of THOOOOOOSE cadillacs but could justify the "new" cadillac, or gooks and arabs who have no taste and even less of a clue about the old, historic names.

then there's the uber-elite shit-eatingly tasteless and clueless millennial sect everyone fawns over that only gives a shit about brand and gives no fuck about what its called so long as it doesn't connote anything that triggers them.

hence the blah alphanumerics. they order your lineup easily and trigger no one

Also is there gonna be a C8 vette alongside the zora? Or is the zora the C8

yep

:[ dont do this to me :[

yep to both questions. stingray is so named for a reason.

gm's war chest is full and they have cash to burn on halo projects; RMR vette is double duty a halo for vette and a halo for caddy. one would not exist without the other, like many halos you will see coming from GM in the next several years.

as i said, gm has some staffing shortages for all their projects so you might have to wait a few years, but yep; g2 stingray is the plan. zora is the next vette, but there will very soon come a day where you will be choosing from a corvette lineup.

not sure how the shitty camaro sales could factor into future product plans, though. bear in mind that even though alpha is protected for crossovers, we have no rwd crossovers coming before 2020 and NONE off of alpha.

So Stingray becomes its own model?

RIP Alpha, great potential killed by mediocre packaging

already is. there is no "corvette" on sale today

corvette lineup will be something like porsche's sports car lineup, almost to a T.

>718 – $55k – stingray
>911 – $80k – zora
>960 – $400k – e-ray (limited production like 918 though from what i know)

corvette lineup's nomenclature will be analogous to range rover's

the evoque is technically the land rover range rover evoque
>chevrolet corvette stingray
>chevrolet corvette grand sport
>chevrolet corvette z06
>chevrolet corvette zora
>chevrolet corvette zr1
>chevrolet corvette e-ray

ps zora gets zr1; stingray gets z06

you're too kind

G3 CTS is larger than G2. worse interior room

absolutely haram

At least you can fit behind your seating position in the backseats of the CTS unlike the ATS. Though Cadillac needs to figure out tires because the stock run flats are horrible for ride comfort.

Is there truth behind the theory that the next generation ATS replacement will be built in Mexico?

>Next generation 3 series is confirmed for Mexican production already;
>Audi is expected to start producing the A4 alongside the new Q5 once their Mexican plant is ready,
>RWD component suppliers (driveshafts, rear difs) are already clustering around the new Mercedes Aguascalientes plant under construction in Mexico, me and my team are theorizing that the C-Class will move production from Alamaba to Mexico around 2020 with the launch of the W206 and the GLC will fill it's vacancy at Alabama
>Toyota is building a new plant in Monterrey for the manufacture of the Corolla and a related premium vehicle which I expect will be a sedan for Lexus slotted under the IS and replacing the CT

These combined with GM noting that the new Cruze plant in Mexico will build upmarket cars leads me to believe that there will be either ATS production or a FWD/AWD vehicle slotting under the ATS which will be built there. I suspected that the Verano would be built there off the new Cruze as Buick is doing well in Mexico but they've stated North America will not get the Verano, so I'm leaning towards and entry level Cadillac product. Is this correct?

all run flats are shit

no.

there is room cleared in lordstown for CT2/D2JL and mexico production is planned for cruze overflow; no caddy.

moving CT3/A2SL to mexico would mean a investing in another plant when LGR is already underutilized by about... half or more.

no. no mexican ATS, no mexican cadillac. you will only get a few chinese ones here and there; mostly because of expected demand for plug-ins here vs in china and chinese policies that disincentivize the importation of advanced powertrains.

that's why you'll see model 3 built in china, too.

I still don't understand why they put P Zeroes on the V Sport instead of the Pilot Super Sports. I can't wait to replace them on my CTS.

>that's why you'll see model 3 built in china, too.

I was under the assumption that the US market will get American built Model 3 units and Asia/Russia will get the Chinese manufactured units.

not my bag

what trim do you have?

that's what i'm getting, too.

model 3 is different like that though considering it's a dedicated electric vs a conventionally powered car with a niche plug-in model

Can you explain what the logic behind the Mexican Cruze plant is? As I'm hearing it's just going to be an auxiliary plant. I know it's going to benefit use here but it seems odd for GM to spend that kind of money on a new manufacturing center here when the new Cruze will already be built elsewhere. Are they planning on using it as an export hub for nations with Mexican FTAs?

ramos builds the hatch, which gm is unsure of the success of and wants the pricing advantage of mexico's lower labor costs plus to your point some export and overflow.

the big investments were trumped up as a PR piece for normal plant modernizations. there's no big secret to them.

I don't know if anyone has asked yet but how are the new LT engines? (such as the LT1/4) has GM worked out most of the kinks or are there still more kinks and will these new generation of small block be as good and versatile (i.e being able to be swapped into anything and everything reliably) like the old ones?

What about Cadillac's plans for Motorsport? they have a GT3-spec car called the ATS-V with its twin turbo V6 and i think it just debuted in Pirili World Challenge and its doing quite well for its first run. Does Cadillac plan to stay and/or go deeper in Motorsports? is that Twin Turbo V8 of theirs that i heard about the successor to the Northstar?

I've complained a bit recently about the quality of this board and its mostly useless post and stale memes but this thread was the shiny crimson diamond in what would otherwise be a huge cave of shit.

I come back to this board on the off chance that real discussions will take place once in a blue moon and it seems it has payed off.

Jesus, are chinks and arabs going to be out tastemakers for the next 100 yrs?

What the hell? Where are the WASPs?

WASPs lost control of the economy, and with it, enormous landbarges and v8s

>how are the new LT engines?
they're fine. follow service guidelines, you'll be alright. LT4 has problems in the Z06 because of heat issues and they need to change the oil by the first 500mi or so.

the V is fine, it has 7 heat exchangers and a secondary radiator and intercooler. ZL1 is similar

>What about Cadillac's plans for Motorsport?
probably sticking the the ATS-V.R class of car we see no benefit to a dedicated non-production related race program and our V lineup will be changing with successive generations.

V's will be:
>CT2
>CT3/4
>XT8
>CS1

we'll still have V-Sports, and will treat those and V's more like audi treats their S and RS cars.

expect V to carry a lot of weight and high expectations; expect V-Sport to go from a fast and fun XT5 to a mid-3s CT6.

CT6 will get two V8s. bare minimum will be a roughly 475/475 tune and a probably a Vsport in the neighborhood of 550-600 but leaning more towards 550 (think maybe 580, but expect 550).

>is that Twin Turbo V8 of theirs that i heard about the successor to the Northstar?
kind of. not quite. it's a variant of the LT engine

4.2l, quad cam, twin turbo, expect it to come in several states of tune; 475/475, 550/550-600/600, with discussions about 600+ in advanced applications

CS1 is on the drawing board for about 900hp with a hybrid setup (similar to e-ray) in the $250k-$300k range. XT9 could get the same.

>I've complained a bit recently about the quality of this board and its mostly useless post and stale memes but this thread was the shiny crimson diamond in what would otherwise be a huge cave of shit.
I came to help make Veeky Forums great again

/pol/bro here, i feel your pain

gooks will drive product plans and strategy
whites will be tastemakers
sand niggers will help justify halo programs

>Where are the WASPs?
we died and turned into liberals.

have a lot of white children, buy cadillacs, and get them to do the same.

remember the fourteen words: we must secure an existence for our brand and a future for general motors

>the gooks by and large like the same shit you like
They like Buicks too. Says a lot.

>nobody is making that for sub-$20k
Pontiac would have.

You're white trash if you like Pontiac. Was and remains a shit brand.

Economics don't discriminate by brand.

you should get over yourself and stick with older cars or a Subaru Forester if you're so upset about windows. Really isn't that big of a deal.

I'm a European owning a modern Cadillac, what can you do for me, can you update my navigation so that it doesn't lack half of the bloody roads?

Jesus Christ, what is this cuckery?

go drive a fucking tank. Small slanted windows tire your eyes because of the angle and produce more glare.

>remember the fourteen words: we must secure an existence for our brand and a future for general motors

lmao

What is Caddy planning to do with that shitty CUE system? I saw in the CT6 they put a couple rocker switches on for stuff that was particularly annoying to actuate with the touch screen, but it's still annoying as fuck.

CUE isn't as bad when it's set up properly with your favorites. The problem is that most customers can't figure out how to set up CUE. Also unless they read the CUE manual, a customer will have no idea how to change the radio from XM, AM or FM. Coupled with bad ergonomics and a substandard haptic feedback, CUE can be a pain to use especially since the seek buttons on the steering wheel only cycle through favorites.

Maybe it's just me, but my whole life is just cold bitter hatred for touch screens, even if it's the capacitive stuff. I don't need a full model-M sitting underneath the nav, but if I want to turn on my heated seats or start the defrost I want a simple button I can feel with my hand accompanied by a solid click once I press it so I don't have to take my eyes off the road.

The sea of unsure plastic they've got sitting underneath the nav screen in the CTS and ATS today is just inexcusable.

Unfortunately I don't think Cadillac will go back to using physical buttons primarily. I don't think you can use capacitive buttons on any material other than plastic either. Though if you're buying a CTS or ATS for luxury then you'll be soley disappointed due to the limitations with the Alpha platform in terms of cabin space. Also the gage clusters are horrendous for the price range. The digital dash on upmarket trims of the CTS and XTS look so much better than the plebian analog cluster.

I just hope everything OP's saying is true, because I want a proper American luxury car for once so I can stop giving money to the japs and the krauts.

If there is a common complaint about GM, it's that they never learn from their mistakes. The DTS was the last luxobarge to be produced. Whether the new Lincoln Continental is what an American car should be is yet to be seen. Though I have little hope for Ford's afterthought luxury brand.

eventually gesture control which imo is utter shit but people like gimmicks

if you haven't used it yet, use it in CT6 OR XT5. it's about 1,000x better.

check out XT5

its gauge cluster is going in ATS, XTS, and CTS before they get canned
>pic related

you should be pretty happy with cadillac

in 4 years, you'll have about 80% of segments covered (we're really just missing crossovers)

in 10 years, you'll crack up at the notion that at one point some 15 years ago, cadillac only sold three models with none of them cracking $90k

by 2020, we WILL have in addition to our current lineup:
>an entry-level FWD-based AWD car from $25k-$45k for the base model replacing the ATS
>a RWD ATS replacement in the same general price bracket it's in now but at much better value. will basically be ATS-L
>a RWD CTS replacement of roughly the same package but repackaged for better interior space
>a sub-compact FWD crossover
>a compact FWD crossover
>a three-row FWD crossover
>possible escalade replacement; could come early post-2020 but this should be the last "escalade" and stick around til ~2024
>expansion of CT6 lineup up to $140k
to set the stage for wave 2 post-2020 with the first half being:
>diesels
>CT4, coupe/convertible variant of CT3
>CT7, an elmiraj-inspired large coupe with ~600hp from ~$100k-$140k
>CT8, a largely BTO/bespoke flagship sedan from ~$100k-$225k
>(CT5 might get coupe/convertible in this time frame)
>(XT1, a cadillac bolt, should come early on this side of 2020)
and the second half being:
>XT8, basically an escalade replacement with a V from ~$100k-$225k (some offroad capability, think bentayga; same story w/XT9)
>CT9, phantom/mulsanne kind of competitor (for now) from $200k+
>XT9, bentayga competitor from $200k+; very limited production, could get 900hp setup from CS1
>CS1, a co-platformed midengine vette relative from $250k+ with a 900hp hybrid setup

Not one but THREE 200k plus Caddys

Ya ok there bud

re lincoln, what you see is mostly what you get but they have some veeery nice product right now

ford/lincoln is developing a FWD-AWD-RWD platform called CD6

expect circa 2020 a RWD SUV (aviator) and a yet-unnamed large RWD sedan
>also a new navigator

>cadillac only sold three models
when was that exactly?

>lrn2count bud
not three, but five considering total price ranges

>two are effectively stretched CT6's
>two are basically the same SUV
>a version of the last one will be at chevrolet for another $150k MORE some 7 years earlier

and i forgot a potential sixth: possible production ciel, but this could replace the CT9

CTS/SRX/escalade for a brief period after the demise of DTS and STS and before the introduction of the XTS and ATS

briefly between 2011 and 2012

>not counting the gookmaster special SLS

Okay five makes it even more unrealistic. IF you're saying the sum of the three or five vehicles is 200k plus, then okay, but that's a retarded statistic and pretty irrelevant.

Hm... I was sure STS and DTS were in production until 2012...

I guess I was wrong then.

But I still would like to know how to turn my navigation into being actually useful

I find it believable, cadi needs to get away from the image of just being rebadged Chevys, a high price tag will do that. Whether they are any good or not is still up in the air.

it's not unrealistic
>CT8 and CT9 are variants/stretches of CT6, which in the time table i'm talking will almost be through a second generation
>escalade already carries an $85k+ atp without its 2018MY 550+hp vsport for another $15k
>will morph into XT8 after one more "escalade" that will raise the bar even further
>XT9 will be the same basic vehicle as XT8, but exclusively build-to-order
>CT8 and XT8 will only reach $200k in the upper echelons; take how often you see an S600 or S65 and halve it, then halve it again unless you're a gook or an arab
>CT9 will be larger than CT8 (which will be maybach-sized) and exclusively build-to-order
>CS1 will be another very low volume BTO car. think our version of a 488, with a 918-level V that you will never ever be able to find or buy

DTS/STS EOP may 2011

XTS SOP may 2012

call your dealer (kek), should be about $200 for the update

also try:
mapupdate navigation com slash GM

call soon. but i really would just call your dealer

>they're replacing CUE with gesture control

Yeah, just fucking murder me now

The rest of that sounds incredible though, I can't wait to finally start having American cars be something to look up to again. Let's just hope the folks in Beijing, London, and Abu Dhabi will buy them.

Seriously that sounds even fucking worse.

What is wrong with a basic touch screen with some fancy knobs?

My dealer claims that they updated it, but roads as old as 5 years are still missing. It's also the only dealer in the country.

I might even buy the bloody disc if I knew it has newer maps on it... And if I knew where to buy it. Navigation.com has only Amerilard maps.

Speaking of blood, are they ever going to get rid off that atrocious touch-only central panel? It's a tumour on the cars. Anything to save some bucks, huh

not replacing, just supplementing

to access cue, you can/will be able to use:
>touchscreen
>voice command (cue was initially optimized for voice command use by yokel retards who think people actually use that)
>touchpad
>gesture control

expect some more buttons/toggles. the haptic touch center stack is pretty much dead. also buttons and knobs are shit for aesthetics when everything is a chevron

london maybe, abu dhabi and beijing already buy and fucking love cadillac

– $55k – stingray
– $80k – zora
– $400k – e-ray (limited production like 918 though from what i know)
Shocking considering how GM caters to the 'Merica V8 demographic, not the urban professional demographic that buys Porsches. Between the Corvette and Camaro, GM all about heritage, reliving the glory days of the 1969 muscle car. Even if GM produces a RMR 911 competitor, the brand carries too great of a stigma to seriously be considered by most Porsche owners, so all that would likely happen is alienating their current fan base.

>anything to save some bucks, huh
that's what i honestly think they did it for

some fucking cunt in detroit: "HEY, let's just throw away all buttons on the stack that a normal person would use to reduce costs and control for quality while pretending we're actually just really edgy and sophisticated"

it's already gone. CT6 and XT5 killed it. it will prove with CT2.

tbqh im not surprised your nav system is fucked. if i didnt already say it and as if you didn't already know, cadillac and gm's euro ops are a wreck

not sure if cadillac and opel use disparate nav systems, but if we do you're fucked

contact cadillac europe
try: +44-207-66 01 503
0800-02 60 062

what country are you from?

Interesting thread, got a couple of questions:

How butthurt is GM over the new Ford GT? They obviously expect to destroy it shortly, but were they expecting this kind of dominance/hype/success surrounding it?

Would you recommend a 3-5 year old CTS-V to someone? A CTS-V Wagon seems ideal to me, sad they didn't make one in the latest generation.

Any concern within Caddy over the new Alfa Romeo lineup or is FCA as big of an industry joke as it is on Veeky Forums?

I like that American brands are on the up and up, hopefully Ford/GM continues trending the way it has.

it's supplementary, not in lieu of

all brands with heritage are about heritage. the "heritage" formula gm has used though for the vette is exactly why it's still around; not super expensive to do. C7 was done on a shoestring budget. used a somewhat re-engineered and weight-optimized form of the C6 chassis, had a new interior, and uses a tuned motor originally built for our trucks.

...and will spank any 911 for twice the price, as will the new SS. forget the z06 and coming zl1; both will and should give the over-affected porsche owners nightmares.

camaro is a different animal if you're still thinking it's trying to relive the 60's. Z/28 targeted the 911 GT3.

enthusiasts flock to the best product first, and sheep follow. vette is where it's at for those most-interested in performance. there is no better peddler of RWD performance than GM right now. there are enough brand-neutral buyers out there for us to capture a big enough market or we wouldn't be doing 3 mid-engine cars

I saw the CT6. While the steerign wheel is plentiful in buttons (and I love it), the central console is still touch-only (plus a touchpad).

I mean, I really like the nav system's features. If only the map base wasn't so shit...

I happen to live in Czechia.

>How butthurt is GM over the new Ford GT?
not at all. more of a chops-licking and another opportunity to brutalize ford on the track

see camaro ss vs mustang gt for the quality of raping ford is going to get, except with a car whose near-existence has been hyped for the last 50 years and that will spawn a regular-production car

>They obviously expect to destroy it shortly, but were they expecting this kind of dominance/hype/success surrounding it?
what dominance/hype/success? it's PR for a 400 unit/yr run that will end and die until the next GT.

meanwhile GM will be pumping out one, two, three mid-engine cars all either relatively attainable or more exclusive than and performance-wise beyond even the GT

pic related

>Would you recommend a 3-5 year old CTS-V to someone?
thinking about buying one myself. coupe or wagon. might look for a manual wagon for collecting purposes, but really i want a coupe to mod and fuck with

>Any concern within Caddy over the new Alfa Romeo lineup or is FCA as big of an industry joke as it is on Veeky Forums?
nope. not gonna sell worth a fuck. FCA has razor thin margins and if the wind blows the wrong way, they're more fucked than they were the first time.

>I like that American brands are on the up and up, hopefully Ford/GM continues trending the way it has.
from your lips to gawds ears, my friend