Speed monitored by aircraft

>Speed monitored by aircraft

This is complete bullshit, right? I speed all the time when I see these signs and I've never gotten in trouble. Are they just playing mind games?

Other urls found in this thread:

atascaderonews.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=4282
m.youtube.com/watch?v=OLUGBujl2-0
click2houston.com/news/hpd-helicopter-crew-member-takes-down-chase-suspect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some friends of mine were travelling across WA on I-90 going ~100 the whole way and they were spotted and clocked by an aircraft.
It's apparently no joke.
They actually had WSP bock off the freeway at the next major exit and herded everyone off the freeway to pull them all over.

This seems like an awful lot of effort to catch one car

Bored government lackeys with too much tax money will do just about anything

I'm guessing he meant they tag lots of cars then catch them all at the end.

It's real. And extremely unlikely that a law enforcement plane will actually be up in the air above you. Mostly it's just to intimidate people into doing the speed limit.

>This is complete bullshit, right?

No. Civil Air Patrol will do this when they are training cadets.

I know of a few different counties where Sheriffs have helicopters.

How else they gonna justify the expense of a helicopter?

>This is complete bullshit, right?
One day they will switch to drones that do the monitoring. That will certainly be a lot cheaper to run and they won't need real airstrips to take off and land.

>Speed monitored by aircraft

Long ago when I moved to the seattle area, they had those signs on I-5. But they were removed because of the complaints about how that decreased safety and increased congestion.

People would slow down to stare at the people pulled over all the time. Sometimes, there would be a wreck due to distracted drivers paying attention to the highway patrol giving out tickets. On top of that, the congestion vastly increased and caused traffic jams for miles. Thus, a great many people were impacted negatively. So they took the signs down and mostly stopped giving tickets on I-5 except on the few occasions the police are on the road to get somewhere. And even then they might not ticket anyone. I was going 65 and not paying attention to the cars behind me. Some were like that and going faster than me. A cruiser came by and kept on going without tickeeting anyone. Zero. But since he was speeding, the police was probably on an urgent call and can't stop to ticket.

Waiting for signs:
Speed Monitored By Drone Aircraft
Speeders will have bomb robot drop bombs on them.

It's a thing in GA and FL. They have lines marked on the road and they measure the time it takes you to pass them. If the time is way less than the time at the speed limit they pull you.

This, they catch so many in one flight, that it pays for itself with fines. Commercial speeders are a big target.

This will get more prevalent with drones.

I too thought it was a joke, until I was driving to college one morning doing and noticed a helicopter flying far lower than any media, medical, or civilian craft would go. Got closer, and saw police decals on it, and farther down the road they had some cruisers. So I guess, in order to keep those signs valid, they probably do it the minimum amount they can. Kind of counter-intuitive though, since a fucking helicopter's gona stand out far more than two cars on an onramp.

local freeway here in SoCal is a CHP training ground and they use these constantly

It's Washington. There's barely any crime here.

They use planes.

They do it here in Australia too, it's pretty legitimate. A few people have been caught. They use infrared cameras to simply take a picture and send you the fine in the mail later on these days.

Although, to be quite honest, the point to point averaging cameras seem to be far more effective.

>land of the free

Pretty common with Ohio State Troopers on interstates. They clock you with the mile markers. Ground Pigs wait at the bottom of the hill.

That's awesome.

I have seen it either in TN or northern GA on like I-24 or I-75. Just a little Cessna cruising around up there.

Worst traps ever there- I have been driving from Chicago-Miami on the weekend of Bonnarroo twice (I think both times it was the Thurs or Fri when everybody is getting there) and every half mile there is a TN trooper ripping apart some car full of kids.

Are you retarded? Eastern washington has so much fucking crime, born and raised in federal way and some shit is always happening.

What's the worst speeding ticket you guys have gotten?

It's expensive to operate their plane. So when they put it up, they do an extreme speed emphasis patrol working with a bunch of patrol cars. So when they are up, their radio traffic gives them away.

California Highway Patrol uses fixed-wing aircraft, which makes sense considering the size of the state.

>break the speed limit
>get BRRT'd

55 in a 40. Worst and only speeding ticket. Fucking gay

>BRRT
why does this shit makes me laugh like stupid? I even go BRRT IRL.

No, its not a joke. They use helicopters in the I-10 area of Arizona.

Its usually in areas with little tax base to pay for full time officers or in low population, middle of fucking no where areas where officers arent usually needed. OP's pic related.

>get stoned last week at 5am during the sunrise
>decide to go for a drive
>northwest Illinois is beautiful during a sunrise, it's very hilly and green and horses and farms and whatnot
>driving down old stagecoach trail
>see "speed monitored by aircraft" and chuckle to myself
>a minute later I see a hot air balloon at about 500ft (rough guess) altitude
>oh shit
>was I speeding? Oh fuck he knows I'm stoned I didn't know cops have hot air balloon unit fuck me
>ride next to it and see it land
>it was majestic as fuck
>continue listening to chill music

>Flying above highway watching for speeding vehicles.
>Equipping yourself with a sidearm

Does this guy think he's gonna get shot down and have to fight his way out of hostile enemy territory? Land his plane on the highway and apprehend suspects?

What a joke.

Nah around here they hire a Cessna. On those roads you'll see broad white lines painted across the lane, the observer in the aircraft has a stopwatch, binoculars and a radio.

In the future they might use aerostats or drones annd they'll just mail you a ticket or whatever, but yeah they still do this, least in north Florida.

>Being this much of a pussy

Go live in Southern California if you want to brag about crime, faggot.

>hot air balloon units

Fucking WW1 vets

It's to shoot birds to keep them from hitting the propellers, idiot. Read a fucking book or something.

Police officers are required to carry firearms in the US. Yes, they do land sometimes and do shit on the ground m8.

atascaderonews.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=4282

"One extreme example Kingman gave was a time a Sheriff’s officer was in a standoff with a suspect in California Valley. Four officers loaded up in the helicopter and were providing support in less than 15 minutes."

It's for when the co-pilot gets uppity, or when forces on the ground request fire support.

114 in a 70, but I got it thrown out

>shooting birds
>with a pistol
Good fucking luck

>On those roads you'll see broad white lines painted across the lane, the observer in the aircraft has a stopwatch
This, they determine your speed by timing you and an officer on the ground will wave you off the road if you're going to fast.

A guy I work with got a speeding ticket exactly like that, he was clocked by a plane. Tried to challenge it in court with all the usual defenses (stopwatch calibration and such), but still ended up with the ticket.

I got clocked at 68 in a 55 in the middle of nowhere which Is where I live. I knew the cop and I KNEW I was doing over 90 and he said I was going 68. 120 bucks.

85 in a 65 cause its fucking Ohio. I was going 93 though, so I guess he cut me a break? $160 and the inter-state points system was not in place at the time.

>worst

35 in a 25 zone. Cop was napping and the guy in front of me must have been pulling away at 35. By the time the radar buzzer woke up the cop, I was making a left turn on a residential street. I asked him if he really thought an FJ40 could make a turn at 35 and not fall over. Still got the ticket.

I lived there too asshole, i lived in ramona and right on el cajon blvd and college, i was pointing out to the other person they were stupid not me trying to cry about crime you fucking faggot.

Sure you do, nigger.

>Searched up a random address
>Insecure about being a pussy

lol except thats not a made up address, nice bait though. 4539 college way used to be my old house, fuck that place i hope all of it catches fire except the keg and bottle

>Fantasy
People fantasize about giving fucking cops access to ground attack aircraft?

>Giving out your random address on Veeky Forums

How much more stupid can you get

I have nothing to do with anything there anymore why would i care, i live across the country now send all the pizzas you want. Kill yourself too

What part of the state, I drive Columbus - Cincy a lot and have not seen this and hopefully never will. Could see this happening in the north west of the state.

Welcome to the People's Republic of California

Please obey all traffic regulations.

I've done 10kmh over the speed limit in australia from brisbane to canberra down and back twice now through the average speed cameras, slowing down 5kmh for normal speed cameras and speeding through radars and havent gotten a ticket yet

Doesn't matter, you're still a pussy.

lol ok bro, whatever helps you sleep at night. love how i said i had no problem with crime but im still a pussy for some reason, what are you 12? do your parents know youre on a big boy website?

what the fuck are rockets for?

>Being this angry

My life is monitored and its complete bs to live like this in the USA, please help me.

>only car on the read
>some guy passes you going 10 above
>*BRRT*
>only car on the road

>To protect and serve

>I ran out of things to say
>Better call him mad! that will show him!

lol k

Your insecurity sure is showing.

I've not had a giggle like that in a while

says the person posting lame ass reaction pictures and still hasnt given a valid argument in like an hour, god youre some kind of stupid.

Cry more, your tears fulfill me.

>construction zone
>speed limit 35
>$400 fine
>photo enforced

can you literally say anything else or no? this is pretty boring.

I'd be mad too if I was a pussy.

>better call him a pussy! thats gonna make me a man!

Go play in traffic. If for some random reason I found out your real name and you died tomorrow in some fiery car accident, I would laugh. im done here youre ruining my buzz

10kmh over here in Aus ?
Fuck mate prepare for your $10,000 fine

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OLUGBujl2-0

I can sure sense your butthurt from my monitor.

some are for aircrafts and others are for targets that are too far away for the brrtt

They keep doing this sort of shit to otherwise law-abiding citizens, they're gonna have a lot more crime on their hands. People who break artificially low speed limits aren't inherently terrible people.

Case in point:

>I live in a small rural town with almost no crime
>cops here spend 99% of their free time camping out beside highways looking for expired tags or speeders
>people stop using main roads and favour backroads, because less traffic in mornings (especially big dump trucks, they can't use these backroads)
>literally one house every 5km
>no chance of hitting anyone or anything other than a squirrel
>cops start camping out on these roads like crazy
>cops manage to have municipality LOWER speed limit from 80kmh to 70kmh
>cops start writing tickets left and right, fucking over commuters

Here's where it gets interesting...

>apparently some guy had enough of this nazi bullshit
>made note of their favourite fishing holes
>spread shards of metal and nails all over the ground
>cops start shredding their tires the second they pull into their hiding spots each day
>police chief starts scolding people about how they're ruining public property
>and how they're just going to pay for the damage with taxpayer money

>YOU ALREADY PAY FOR US TO ENSLAVE YOU
>FIGHTING WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE
>JUST GIVE IN, PLEBS

We never did find out who was doing it, but the speed traps miraculously disappeared shortly after. He was our silent guardian, a watchful protector. And we never even got to say thank-you.

Wat

T-thanks batman

I don't know but user, you are not alone. I laughed too.

Having sex with her would be very comfy. Seen this pic before, anyone know the source or story behind it?

You probably never will, I hate fucking driving anywhere near those two places. A lot of terrible drivers, not even an aircraft could fix it.

Why not feed the poor in Africa and Asia?
Americans are dumb.

Are they drones or manned ones?

>Why not feed the poor in Africa and Asia?
They do, and that's a whole 'nother issue that's a /pol/-tier thread.

200 kph in a 70 (highway roadworks and didn't bother to slow down)

Rip 1.5 grand euroshekles

>don't enjoy yourself
why is everyone intent on making driving no fun?

Feeding the poor in America should be more of a priority.

>why can't I do what I want on public roads
Build your own road and make the speed limit whatever you want.

If I slap that ass would I get in trouble? I'm 5/10 on a good day.

have you been on roads outside of chicago? they're hardly public. majority of my roads look like pic related. >implying you would not

I don't think you know what the words "public road" actually means.

160km/h in a 100 zone
He only got me at 130 but lowered it to 125 or something. Got a one month suspension instead of a 6 month.

What happens when you get done speeding in the US? Do you get points on your licence / risk loosing it or is it just a fine?

In the UK you get points and a fine, if you make it up to 12 points you lose your licence.

134 in a 100 km/h zone. I foolishly passed a cop who was between two semis. I had slowed down but he already clocked me before I passed.

Would have lost my license right then and there because I'm a G2 driver(have to take a road test to get full G license) but he bumped it down to 115 km/h and a 52$ ticket.

Do you even American cop?

click2houston.com/news/hpd-helicopter-crew-member-takes-down-chase-suspect

>Run over suspect
>Jump out of a fucking helicopter to tackle him
This is the HPD I know and love.

Depends on the state. Frosty regularly does 20+ over in North Dakota and pays $30 for speeding tickets (although he does hire a lawyer). In my area of New York, "ignoring traffic device" (a plea a lawyer negotiated from me down from 53mph in a 30mph zone [85kph in a 48kph zone]) was $200. This doesn't include the cost of a lawyer ($545), the defensive driving I was forced to take as part of the deal ($20) either. Plus I got two points, since I live in New York.

Most states report violations to each other (45 of 50 states do). Now, most states don't count points from out of state violations unless it's really reckless or alcohol/drug involved (in which case your home state will suspend/revoke your license). New York for instance only accepts points from violations in New York and limited parts of Canada. But private companies are allowed to check the state records and insurance companies can then use the violation for pricing insurance, even if you didn't get points on your license in your home state.

For me, I got lucky as it was my first violation and it wasn't reckless/speeding over 20mph [that was the guilty charge] so my insurance company did not surcharge me per their rules.

If you do get points, there are consequences. In New york, points count for 18 months. If you get 11 or more points in 18 months then you have to go to a hearing where they decide whether or not your license should be suspended. You can get 4 points removed for the purposes of triggering this hearing by taking an approved 5 hour defensive driving course (you can only do this once every three years).

If you get 6 or more points in 18 months (and the defensive driving deduction doesn't count), they charge you an extra $100/yr for three years on your vehicle registration, plus $50/yr more per every point above six for three years.

That sounds like a massive waste of tax payer dollars and inconveniencing a lot of people for one speeder.

>remember, the USA is not a police state

They don't fly every day, it's done as a deterrent and often to train pilots. They usually look for things other than speeding (e.g. illegal hunting).

It's also not just for one speeder. They will do it on busy weekends and have a bunch of patrol cars on the ground so the plane cab cover ground and relay the speeders and suspicious cars to the pigs on the ground.

They also seem to do it on some of the major smuggling corridors. On these interstates, police often aren't looking to just hand out speeding tickets for doing 76mph in a 65mph zone. They want to catch people doing something more.