3 years

>3 years
>loses over half its value
why do people buy new luxury cars again?

the car only has 30k miles, btw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ64sTa7KI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if you truly have enough wealth to be able to comfortably afford a new luxury vehicle, you likely don't give a shit about resale value. if you are concerned about depreciation, you probably should not be buying a new luxury vehicle

Almost no one pays the full price for a brand new car in cash. Most people finance them so in a certain sense the listed price for a new car like that is arbitrary.

They usually don't.. they lease/finance for a few years and then toss it back to the dealership. And then smart people can pick up there pristine ride for cheap

when you have your own company you can write it off the tax i think

Good deal if you want a fairly new luxury car for less than the price of a new Civic.

Only poor people are willing to buy second hand luxury cars. You need to drop that price to get if off your hands.

People who are rich do not get rich by being stupid. Buying an asset that loses value is stupid.
PS Dont breed.

Maintenance costs won't be the same as the civic though

The better question is why don't people keep the cars they buy.

They find out it cost a shit load to maintain and quickly dump it or they want the newest model.

This.

Also, if you can afford to buy a $70k car, you're not going to settle for buying a used one. Luxury cars depreciate fast because the price sits too high to have used buyers buying near the new price (typically normal middle class people buy used) and too low to have really be worth saving a percentage on. The only used cars rich people buy are ones where even 10% of the price constitutes many thousands of dollars.

Or it could of been a lease.

This. It's a higher end, low mileage car. Easily a 36 month lease. Much more valuable to someone with money as a tax writeoff as opposed to buying a 20k economy car.

This. New cars are a horrible investment. There is some crazy stat like 80% of millionaires have NEVER bought a NEW car.

because they can afford it

years
>>loses over half its value
>why do people buy new electric cars again?
>the car only has 30k miles, btw

Or you can just buy a fucking Lexus. Jesus Christ, why people even bother with other brands is beyond me. What's wrong with wanting reliable luxury? Why does luxury have to be unreliable?

These are things people say you "have" to deal with if you want "real" luxury when it just isn't the case.

If you want a Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Jag, or RR - more power to you - but realize you will be paying out the ass in maintenance alone. But you shouldn't dis a car brand because it's reliable.

Unreliability shouldn't be a trait of luxury.

I bought a $70k used car. Your premise is invalid.

Just how much do you think people will spend in 3 years on a car that comes with a maintenance package and full warranty?

not true
rich people are always the people who's smart with the money. Thus rich people are always the boring ones because they don't "fall in love" with one hobby they only care about "investing and earning"
all the rich people I know do care about cars they drive and love them but not to the point that they don't consider their value. They'd pick the one that's worth the investment

on the other hand people who got money from luck or niggers hit the lottery would spend money on stupid things without thinking

they aren't "unreliable" actually. Most of times shitty economic cars break down just as often as luxury cars
but here the huge gap of repair cost make people think luxury cars are unreliable

>civic shocks, control arm need to be replaced
>few hundreds bucks
>yeahh!! my car is reliable because I can repair big stuff for less than $1000 and good for years!!

>merc needs a balljoint
>$2500 gone
>omg why are luxury cars so unreliable I have to pay so much to get it fixed

expect cars made in England. they are really unreliable

Literally this, anyone with money who doesn't buy an LS460 is missing out. The only reason to ever be caught driving german is if you're leasing or if you live in Europe. Otherwise you're losing out way to much on cost.

Im guessing it was the top of your budget

English anything is unreliable really. It's just a shit country.

those bottom two are probably from a place like off lease only that sells cars as is that they bought and salvaged

>friend went to off lease only
>dude i got a bmw for cheaper than a civic!!
>uh, ok
>2 days later while he was doing 60 on the highway it starts shaking uncontrollably
>takes it to a mechanic
>axle is cracked, mechanic said it was the worst welding job he had ever seen, they basically put a band aid when they needed an entirely new axle
>ask friend why he bought the car that way
>they only let him test drive it for less than 5 miles on a 30 mph road and he wasnt able to take it to a mechanic before hand
>sold as is, nothing he can do to do the place he got it from

People do stupid shit just so they can have muh luxury

Because these are usually leased under business and shit. Also, rich people don't usually buy cars unless it's high end Porsches.
>Lease
>Resale value

Fuck can anyone help me find a LS400/430 in the Tampa Bay Area? I've had no luck

Because they have enough money not to care about depreciation.

for the millionth time...

CARS ARE NOT INVESTMENTS.

so rich people lease?

leaves look like ass and have less than 100 miles range. a lot of the owners all got a big tax credit for buying them new.

What car needs a balljoint ever? A bad one.

Compare service bulletins and suggested maintenance schedules and germans will need to have more things serviced and replaced than the japs.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ64sTa7KI
hook up a scanner to the same year Lexus and you won't have any faults. None.

With that ridicilous amount of depreciation you could rent some storage, stove it away for 40 years and make a gain.

LEASE
E
A
S
E

>10 years
>depreciates to average shitbox price

top kek luxury cucks

>800k Kilometers
>nope.avi.png
He can get 3 euro for that piece of shit.

If it runs and drives it's worth at least 1000 eur.

rich people buy used for personal use. Expensive cars are leased thru their company/LLC for the tax break.

Our company paid a huge incentive for the Nissan Leaf, you could basically lease them for around $150/mo for three years and use free EV chargers at work with dedicated parking spots. Plus the tax shit, yada yada.

here
By "our company" i mean the one I work for. European software company with money to burn (live in the US where the program is for the cheap leaf).

The range of the leaf makes it a non-starter for me, but for a lot of people in the area it was a fantastic deal.

>lexus don't depreciate
wew lad

I never said they don't depreciate. Who the fuck would say that?

>if you are concerned about depreciation, you probably should not be buying a new luxury vehicle
>Or you can just buy a fucking Lexus.

Most of the old money buy cars and drive them around for a few decades before selling them on.

Go to a really fancy area of London and you'll see W126s and W140s in amongst all the flashy new stuff

Those cars are probably still on their first owner and the owner isn't quite done with it yet

That's only $1,300 per month in depreciation. Those buyers can easily afford it.

E classes are born as pieces of shit, they are never actual luxury vehicles

Mercedes literally sells these as Taxis brand new, the only people who buy E classes are those desperate to have a Mercedes badge but too poor to afford an S class

get a lyfe please. All cars depreciate but Lexus depreciates less than other brands. end of story.

Dad bought a used 2010 S350 back in Germany and he's loving it.

Pretty close, but what's your point? I can afford to buy a $70k car and I "settled" for a used one.

>muh anecdotal evidence

I forgot to mention retards who car barely afford luxury cars and get them anyways.

This is true. I see a lot of older (late 90s and early 00s) luxury cars when I'm in the area with the $5mil+ oceanfront houses. A lot of really wealthy old money people don't spend a ton on cars because it is a shitty investment. Lambos are for rappers and basketball players in the US. Or other people who will be forced to live very modestly by the time they are 50.

It's funny because German brands like that are different in the US than Yurop. You can't buy an E200 or S350 in the US, and that's also why they badged those Mercedes vans as Dodge Sprinters and now Freightliners. They don't want to ruin their image.

pffft.
you can get a 5 year old for $12000

How about we not give a fuck about what the rich do and worry about what's reasonable for you.

I think few people buy new luxury cars. A large portion of them are probably leased

Ball joints do wear out. Just because in lolnoinspections countries people don't ever bother replacing them it doesn't mean they don't ever wear out.

This is why you should lease cars. But sadly Veeky Forums is full of underage kids who think when you lease a car you pay the same amount as if you were going to buy it. You never pay more than half when you lease and if you do you are retarded.

>implying an axle is expensive to replace
Nonetheless I agree with you, but I don't agree with you. My cousin owns 3 caddy's that he's bought for

Your s classes and your bmw 7's develop a compounding shitstorm of problems by 100k.

I am amazed why people buy newer Audi or BMW for example.
> parts designed to break as fast as possible
> parts are FUCKING EXPENSIVE

I could buy one, but man, I could buy a new Focus RS from all that repair money.

The one user posted will run for a million or two million kilometers. It's a fucking beast. If the owner took care of the rust, nothing can stop it.

If not, it will have holes in the floor BUT it will still run and can be patched up. Shit you not.

Found the Eurocuck

lol m8 fix your teeth

>for sale
>1992 S13 silvia/240sx
>over 25k invested
>asking 12k

>What car needs a balljoint ever?
Every car after a certain amount of time.

It's just real luxury cars and not dressed up Toyota, have soft suspension and shit. Systems that put more wear on components, meaning they wear out sooner.

dumb neetposter

Those style Mercedes are literally worth less than GM shitboxes that are 3 years older