youtu.be/Wepgwx_9kto

>FF XII: The Zodiac Age
youtube.com/watch?v=81NsStczT8E
youtu.be/274X0SjKx8M

>World Of FF
youtube.com/watch?v=QNMey5SKKkc
youtu.be/_FdGg3KKIcE

>FF XI
/ffg/ has a linkshell on Asura: "FearTheVoid"!
FFXI's August update: forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/51154?_ga=1.139137075.1275968002.1463817636_ga=1.110236805.1275968002.1463817636
wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers

>FF Record Keeper
Game Mechanics PDF: happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf
Upcoming Banners List: bantha.org/~dscotton/ffrk.html
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yjUI0AwTAoBxuZlGQQZfaEQMnNt2bUdzm0gMZHXq4Cs/edit#gid=0
FAQ Pastebin: pastebin.com/AwvGgpi3

>FF Brave Exvius
youtube.com/watch?v=7bhRtof5oOA
Friend Codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vqMFkPjm0cbnxR37U8ATXZEgRPspHSR8UyeCFkTEq10/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Mobius FF
youtube.com/watch?v=6ipfJv4Qp6g

>Justice Monsters V
youtube.com/watch?v=iZ785B_u6lc

>Other game information
pastebin.com/cPCCGXNy

>Vayneposter Filter
ghostbin.com/paste/tsjzh

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mMP8lC4cbYs
youtube.com/watch?v=NH3uZawVUNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for Dr. Mog is olev

First for justice monster five!

Tifa thread! Tifa in the OP!!!

How to improve Kingsglaive:
>make everyone who was butthurt against Regis/Lucis want power instead of just petty revenge against someone who tangently brought them misery; by wanting the power of the ring and/or control of whatever military Insomnia has, they can strike back against Nifelheim instead of slowly losing a war, thus a coup would be better than killing a king and nothing else

>Hint at why Noctis is special and Luna's oracle powers. This will likely be a twist or revelation for the main game, but leaving out a major detail hurts the flick.

>better camera work in some of the fights to be more coherent and easier to follow, as well as less clutter during the airship battle and city battle

There, I just made the movie better with minimal changes.

As promised, although I was beaten to making the OP

Threadly reminder that Vayne Solidor did nothing wrong.

Threadly reminder that Vayne Solidor did everything wrong.

>2 filtered posts

I'm sure he did plenty wrong.

Infrequent reminder that over half a year later no one has been able to name a single thing he's done wrong.

>Acknowledging filtered posts
Lad, I get the sentiment and all, but I feel like you're missing the point.

reminder

Yeah fuck you buddy

>non CM team
>losing

What about actually showing what happened to Nyx instead of panning out when he started to crumble?

I'm half expecting him to do a Jecht and appear in XV as some kind of pseudo-villain boss.

I'm still a bab pls no bully

Nyx is literally Ifrit.

what a fine lass

ummmm spoilers? Game isn't even fucking out yet

You mean this? Thought it was a Propagator at first glance.

It's speculation.

You mean """""""""""""""""""speculation""""""""""""""""""". Ifrit's more likely either Ravus because of the burnt arm or just Ifrit.

I think he meant Nyx is literally in flames just like Ifrit

ah fuck, didnt notice it said xiv. I'm an idiot.

>xiv
no wonder it looks like dog shit

youtube.com/watch?v=mMP8lC4cbYs

Nyx will appear, but not as a character but as a sword or as a "former" holder of the ring. He was bestowed power, so it could only mean he got "accepted", even tho he wasn't a king.
I guess through that, we'll finally know his history.

1 event away from best girl

I'm cursed to always get either SBs for Support characters, or Shared SBs whenever I do 11 pulls and don't go 0/11, this wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't always for a different character each time

Hips, HIPS.

...Fencer?

I want to pull on her BSB Banner so bad but I know better

youtube.com/watch?v=NH3uZawVUNU

>one-piece swimsuit
>pauldron cape

who the fuck designed this outfit

Has there been any new information on the FFXI mobile they briefly mentioned a while back?

>have locke
>have terra
>have celes
>have leo

Any reason to pull for the daily? I dont think the next batch of characters in the next banner are too amazing.

I guess if you feel like a shot at an off banner character for half off - the rate increase will make it much less likely, but it's your lapis. I'd save it.

Well none. What kind of question is this?

me

>pull two divine guardians
>new mote dungeon is some thing shovnig tons of magic attacks up your dickhole

my time has come and so have i

>boss attacks your healer
>no big deal they're about to go i'll just use curaja real quick
>boss slaps your healer again and kills it

STAAAAAAAAHP

Is there anything like this for FF? I tried 1 (the GBA version to be precise) but it wasn't really doing it for me.

So, do I really need the mallet or whatever the 30k mogcake weapon is? Is such a rare weapon type. Its pretty much only useful for Cloud of Darkness

>try out Dahaka
>well shit that was easy, maybe I can beat Ifrit now too
Nope.

Not quite desu, Celes, WoL, Firion, and Garland can also make use of it.

And before you say Enhancer and Murasame are enough, some people can have a combination of WoL, Garland, and Chiz and need all kinds of good weapon they can get.Like me

>triple deluxe and mech kirby

are those games good? i like me some kirby

I want her BSB but I also want Beatrix's BSB which wont come out til fest. I'm torn

>torn between a fest banner and an event banner
Seems pretty clear which one to aim for to me.

and Krile since she can't use rods.

I only want one thing from each banner. Actually if Beatrix's phase 4 is unchanged I already have 2 weapons on that banner.

TD is GOAT. Robobot is isnt as good but still a fucking great game.

Get both if you have the chance

I'd say the opposite, TD is great but Robobot is GOAT

>Actually if Beatrix's phase 4 is unchanged
You know this IS a fest we're talking about, right?

I do, but we're actually getting collabs now. RK is a new game with an unknown future. maybe they'll add Celes's bsb to her banner,but it's supposed to be an excalibur banner

>but it's supposed to be an excalibur banner
It's not, though, It's just a Knight banner. Hell, Beatrix and Celes' BSBs are both Lightbringers.

>still runs a healer

Lets keep the Trepe Train going! full speed!

this chart is literal shit. from top to bottom. i know where it and you belong.

Here's mine. Some disagree and put FFX lower down the chart.

see

It's kind of too bad that the memory that stands out the most about her is getting blown out by Squall when she asks him out. I can't really remember her really doing anything besides machine gunning the boss way at the start.

Is FFX or another 3-D FF really considered the best starting point now? Not really asking because of my opinion on the quality of the game, but more because I don't know if it's harder to get people interested when starting with a 2-D JRPG.

FFX outsold FFVII. Deal with it.

she Co-Leads the garden when Squall takes over.

but in honesty the curse of many FF games is supporting casts with very little limelight/spotlight/importance. especially after SNES era. FFVII may be the worst with no less than 3 characters who progress the story in zero ways. with one of them being a character you must get (Red XIII) and the other two becoming bigger staples to the series than say... barret and Cid. (yuffie gets all teh cameos, and Vincent got his own spin-off and scene in AC)

not to mention Barret himself really loses significance after leaving Midgar, and only serves as a detour

FFIV is the first 2D one on the list, and it is a very good starting point. It's straightforward with a great, character-driven story without all of the extra management seen in 5 and 6.

FFX and FFVII are the two best-selling, most-oft talked about Final Fantasy games. Except maybe 13, but that one came out during the internet age.

whats this bollox that IV is more popular than VI? like... you actually said that.

Id argue in recent years, V become more popular than IV now, thanks to its perfected Job System.

IV really just decent storytelling

>but in honesty the curse of many FF games is supporting casts with very little limelight/spotlight/importance.

A hundred times this. The reason VI is such a fan favorite is because a good chunk of the characters actually got fleshed out development.

I like IV the most myself, but part of that is nostalgia. I've heard tons of complaints about it's linearity over the years, especially from people who like VI the most. I guess it might look kind of normal nowadays, so I don't know if it would hook people into the series nowadays.

VI has by far the best presentation of possibly any SNES games. FFIV is better as an earlier experience, though.

Yup, same reason why XIII is a fan favorite.

IV was a super popular big time deal... when we only had 3 2d ff games. I(I) IV(II) and VI(III).

when the remakes and collection versions came out, only VI remaine dits mantle competing with the 3d games we got blowing opinions out of spectrum. and only V rose to great heights rapidly once we actually got a decent version to play.

II and III people didnt before and never will give 2 shits about. IV just kinda lied dormant.

To be fair, III is a shorter, clunkier V and II is...well...II...

>Mobius event drops two days after FFV event

Wish the FFV event also gave us Freelancer Lenna and Galuf too along with Beastmaster Krile, but I suppose this is perfect enough for now.

often times... a FF game come sout and is refered to as "The Black Sheep"

III is the black sheep cause nobody remembers it.

VIII the black sheep cause no MP and different systems!

IX the Black sheep cause it clashes with its era!

XII is the black sheep cause its a mainstream tactics game with faux MMO gameplay!

XIII is the black sheep cause its a fucking weird hallway simulator with a nice coat of paint.

Dont even kid yourself. fucking FFII is and always will be the fucking Black Sheep,

II and III will be forever known as the "Taking up character slots in Dissidia and crossover games" games.

the obligated history that requires to be glanced.

How can one in good conscience even call the game (FFII) that basically invented the series as it exists and is known, a black sheep? Let's call it objectively godawful for the sake of the argument. FF still resembles FFII more than FFI by a notable margin.

Dude how can you say X is better for someone who's never played a JRPG when it has a weird progression system even for FF and focuses more on storytelling than any of its predecessors? It was designed intentionally to take the JRPG trend to the next level, it's not a good starter game at all.

Interrupting proper ff chat for a reminder that BE maintenance starts in a few hours time so spend all your nrg and start crafting those damn cakes before then.

You're both really fucking stupid you know that

idk man, all my friends who are 'casually' into FF always claim X is their favorite so I would say it's a good starter game.

That's not a good metric; someone's bound to appreciate it more if they've played the other games since it takes the series in a different (and arguably much higher scale) direction. It's not good for someone starting out, because it differs from most JRPGs (heck, most FF titles) in both its progression system and storyline focus.

>appreciate it more if theyve played the other games since it takes the series in a different direction
How new are you?

Do you even understand how FFII works? it plays more like the retarded cousin of an Elder Scrolls game than any other FF game to date. the fuck you talking about FF resembling it more and it inventing the series?

Unless he's mistaking it for IV

dear god i hope not. we are waaaaaay beyond refering to the series in that gutter language. thats a quick way to negate your entire argument

Anyone got general deck building advice for mobius? From what I understood, I should have a heal card and one card of each of my job's usable elements with one of those being am AoE. And they should be of the same job type.

When I started Final Fantasy, I found the ATB system a bit overwhelming. FFX takes turns by checking who goes next and moves to their turn without getting assaulted while I peruse the menus.

You get tutorials to help with battle, elements, classes, and progression. The Sphere grid is also constantly peppering you with little rewards to keep you engaged in progression.

you're severely underestimating the might of fandom within Old School and Hardcore RPGers.

the concept of help and simplicity, and linearness strike the wrong way.

Is type-0 HD worth playing if I've played it on the psp?

I do. It invented characters and emotional depth thereof, a linear plot progression, where you actually got directions. As in it was coordinated. It had FF monsters instead of DnD Monster Manual expys. It was a story about the characters (actually war primarily). It had customization. It embraced change for the sake of change and was innovative. It was the birth of drama for the series. If I was a fight versus EVIL, then II was a human conflict (Although the Emperor is thoroughly evil still and more like a force of nature with his magic.).

I would even claim that the customization was a greater influence to the Job System than the Base Classes they tried to return slightly towards with it in III, because II was too open and by proxy samey for the characters.

Why are sacred Crystals so fking asinine with drop rates in BE?

Which is why the chart has the "Have you played a JRPG before" caveat, directing you towards the less linear, handholdy FFVII.

It's brought up several times that betraying one's trust is worse than never having it. Niflheim does its own thing; Lucis, on the other hand, reneged on its promises.
>Hint at why Noctis is special and Luna's oracle powers.
The Oracle negotiates with gods and interprets their will. There's nothing really unknown about her powers. As for Noctis, it looks like his full abilities are spoiler city, unfortunately.

My basic layout is a single target and area of one element, one card of another element, and a support. I always see Hades/Yuna/Cait Sith in rental, so I don't bother including a heal generally.

You can do all 3 elements, but it's nice to have two of the same element to generate more seeds of a specific type. As long as you have two elements you'll be able to break any enemy.

Yeah the drop rate really sucks ass. You could purchase them from the mog king though. Saves you the pain of blanking on multiple awakening vortex runs.

Enough for one character to jump one rank. It's still BS.

>tfw he'll appear as a slave to the God Kings
Considering their shenanigans in KG and the evil music theme, I expect them to be something like Fal'Cie/Occuria except with extra human hubris.

I didn't play the PSP one so it's hard to compare personally, but I read before that they messed up the HD models a little bit. You might want to look up a video and compare it.

I guess it's sort of hard to imagine someone being an experienced JRPG player and also being totally new to FF games. It's usually the thing you would try early, then decide if you liked the style or not before you moved on to other games. People lured in by more recent Persona games maybe?

Heh, too bad then. Unlike you, I don't have enough good characters to awaken. Fuck.