/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Proprietary fuck you technology

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Decrypted games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access from DS mode accomplished, still working out how to load roms. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Vitamin release slated for later this week, if The FloW feels like it :^) bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitamintwitter.com/TheFlow0
-HENkaku release 5 is out, along with VitaShell 0.91.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game Decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-dstwoplus-not-recognized.412752/
strawpoll.me/11178650
youtu.be/dNYf894ZM8U
pastebin.com/XrzECyrd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for best vita

First for Akarin, Jojo Memes, and that one based user working on Moero Chronicles

Sonny is crashing this franchise with no survivors.

First for coldsteel

tfw lurking because of henkaku

>take screenshot with rinCheat
>get this
What the fuck happened?

>Hyper Light Drifter has been cancelled for PlayStation Vita;
lol, not surprised since that team is utter shit. Would've been nice to have it on the go, cant wait for the backlash on this shit

You came faster than expected so there wasn't enough time to process the image

Does anyone have a snes vc inject of Plok? The one I found on 3dsiso doesn't have any sound.

Is Grand kingdom actually any good?

oled burn-in. It's a software feature now

Wow , I wanted to play this on Vita.

Yes

Is the PSVita region free? I want to import this sexy fucker, but I'm getting conflicting information.

nigga i literally waited for an entire minute until the screen started to move again
how long am i supposed to wait?
yes

>literally 6 hours in paint later

Alright, here's another useless chart I made. This is a recommendation chart for small size games, ~500mb and less.

Let me know if there's anything wrong here so I can fix it and also give me ideas for a new chart if you want.

Hello friends. I'm working on a hack that allows for downgrading if you are above 3.61. I don't want give much information away at the moment or give false hope, but you will need a CFW PS3 for this to work if I'm successful. I should have more information in the coming days. Please look forward to it.

got bored of bravely default after meeting the anre girl

is there any handheld games that is original at all?

all of them are either a reskin of the popular games like monster hunter (RO ace) or BD (literally all the final fantasy), fire emblem (disgaea)

Holy shit, the only thing that changed was the story, might as well make a novel about it instead. no good new mechanic at all

this is really the end of handheld. I'm giving KH a go and if it sucks as well I'm selling both my vita and 3ds

yes its region free

>tfw others lurking because of Henkaku

yes
you just can't buy jap games from a non-jp psn account in the digital store

I'm trying to get my SupercardDSTWO+ to work. At this point I don't care if it works in 3DS i'll use DS lite

here is an old thread I made but I don't know what the french dude was telling me to do besides read the manual

gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-dstwoplus-not-recognized.412752/

>RTFM and RTFRM! (an SOTFWBA, BTW.)

What did he mean by this? How exactly am I supposed to organize my folders? etc

Please help. I've had this shit since Christmas. I'm a noob, I got my SKY3DS to work easy but this shit is gay.

Pic related what my folder currently looks like

Vita is region free. You can import and play physical games from any region on it.

Your PSN account is locked to the store region you create it in. So you can't buy other region's downloadable games or DLC.

And the links? :^)

Thank based god you got a trip I can filter you out

So anons I need this for scientific reasons

strawpoll.me/11178650
strawpoll.me/11178650
strawpoll.me/11178650
strawpoll.me/11178650
strawpoll.me/11178650
small reminder for vita users
here are the types of dumps you can make
>Blackfin dump (custom ISO image for dumps. DRM still in tact but uses tricks to do it)
>Full Card dump (all files, DRM in tact, pfs removed, all parts of the card)
>Vitamin/Bandaid dumps (Bandaid for undumpable game cards - end result still the same)
>VPK shrink dumps (small VPK, other files for FTP to save space)

There are 4 types of dumps and this is annoyingly bothersome to me and will probably make an effort to make sure everyone knows what the fuck each of these are.

Above 3.6 firmware*

Holy shit, thanks for this

u should make a pastebine for links to these games

ro ace plays like shit awful moster hunter desu
toukiden is like mhfu with less bullshit inventory management

OlliOlli2 is 314mb user, unless theres updates for it
i appreciate these charts

/hbg/ > vitagen

>no option for PSVITA memory card alternatives

anyone got a ys memories of celceta dump?
someone on reddit said it didnt work and got the c-128 error but wouldnt the chinese semen fix that?

TAIKO WHEN

You have to go back.

fixed

Give me ONE reason you're an EOP and you haven't learned moon runes yet so that you can play games uncensored and without them being butchered by localization teams.

>Fire Emblem is a Disgaea reskin

filtered

>ps3 superslim
pointless work since 3.55 is widely available and superslims are stupid as shit.
>Vita
Good hardware, portable, access to lots of emulators, ps1/psp BC, still has new games coming out
>Ps4
there's no real point in it imo due to how consoles are basically needed to be online 24/7 so unless 3.55 leads to some real breakthroughs with cfw and spoofers i dont see this necessary
>Xbone
Same as ps4 but could actually be alot better due to the BC, Jtag scene is a joke and xbone piracy would be great for 360 stuff
>Neo
same as ps4
>Scorpio
same as xbone
>NX
who knows, but after this 3ds fiasco i expect Nintendo to fucking go hard on their security like how Sony did after the psp

Not really the best idea to put links there when they are being taken down all the time. Maybe in the future once a better vitamin is out and there's a proper place to get all the games in one place.

>BD (literally all the final fantasy)
>literally made by SE
>literally a spin-off of FF

Is it happening?

Dumb avatarfag poster.

And a database to check all dump released so far

Give me one reason why you feel like you have to spam /jp/ trash over here?

>rocket birds is a good game

>list of under 500mb games
>first 2 games are over 500mb
Gg.
Maybe just call it small games for 4gig cards or something.

I told you nigga
I told you about the Drifter

Because I'm not learning chex mix letters just to play video games.

I haven't met a game in moon that I couldn't get through with the guidance of my penis.

Oh shit the weeb who's literally as good as my shit last night is back.

I did the DSiware downgrade from 11.0. Is it safe to format before downgrading to 9.2 or would that undo everything? I had problems on another 3DS because it had DSiware installed.

muh dik

So, i have the eboot and the sce.sys on the vita, installed. how do i transfer the remaining files with qcma?

>Binding of Isaac

youtu.be/dNYf894ZM8U

Here's the basic vita guide.

Reminder that you don't need double the space to install vpks, read last section of pic related.

Also, here's a pastebin with all the useful and relevant vita links: pastebin.com/XrzECyrd

It is though.

I was going to put ~500mb in the header but I fucked it up. My bad. I'll fix it later though, I'm tired as fuck.

That's one ugly adapter but if it works I guess anything is better

guys, is there any way i can just backup the vita games saves without the retarded method from sony which is backing up the whole game?

>Easy access to piracy - 13 Votes
>wanting every single normalfag and their nan to be able to pirate games

Seems like all of the 3dsbabies found the poll.

Honestly I'm assuming that either he or some other entity will probably make a casing for it if/when it goes out for sale.

we're working on it

>superslims are stupid and shit
correct, but there is still the chance of getting them too
>vita has good hardware
absolutely. i want to see just how far we can get that reicast core working
>ps4
i have my concerns for when the latest becomes available. its hard to do much since we're still trying to fully utilize 1.76, and thats an old fucking firmware so you dont have much choice in the matter and the old ones dont come cheap.
>Jtag scene is a joke
fucking this. Im still curious what the fuck TX is up to, but we'll only know once they do something. even if its shit
>NX
i have my doubts for that one. The psp was broken day 1 due to the 1.00 JP firmware being just a modified development firmware, so once we realized this the whole thing was blown open on release. if they wanted security they would have to take the method the vita did, as until henkaku and this previously unknown webkit bug was used, it was the mot secure system on the market.
the only way the NX is safe is not to use Webkit at all - something i dont see happening. Unless the Banker that became the new CEO decides to pull out all the stops to fight it.

>sony has never made it to version 4.00 on any system without a jailbreak or exploit of sorts
man being sony must be fucking suffering.

Just to be safe back up the game ONCE with QCMA
Then just back up the savedata folder with FTP whenever you want

Not really. It'll help it happen sooner, but it isn't happening yet. Someone needs to actually work on it, that's just for dev data

What if I formated it and the game was backed from another account?

ok, thanks man

Thats not an adapter per se.
Its for figuring out how the encryption works.
Adapters could easily be smaller than that.
But i wouldn't count on smaller than that any time soon.
Like 6 months or more.

Anyone have the 'best vita games' chart?

>another account
No you are fucked

ye right here

Ah fuck. Not too much lost since I still got it dumped

>1x1
>30 B
nigga, compress that shit

Ayyyy

I'm still working on it but here you go.

How to make filezilla ftp transfer faster?

just fuck my shit up i can't install cold steel

Get a better modem

Which one?

>tfw lurking because of ">tfw lurking because of henkaku" user

LAN cable and a PSTV

don't tempt me

I am hardwired.

Guys, it's not intended to be an SD card adapter.

It is just a breakboard for debug purposes.

The adapter is just a possible end result, but not it's main purpose.

First one.

bump

how do i upgrade my old 3g psp 6.20 pro-c2 cfw to 6.60 me?

Add Steamworld Heist

you shut your whore mouth and let us wasting our time argue about useless shit, alright?

IOSU FUCKING WHEN

Add guacamelee

Aight, if you say so.

please, we may all be anons, but let us do things politely, no?

I'll update it tomorrow and add those. Anything else?

add roze to tasogare no kojou. it's a fun puzzle game and you need to know next to zero japanese to play it

THERE IS SUPPOSEDLY A REVIEW COPY OF SMTIV FLOATING AROUND HERE

IF YOU ARE THE OWNER PLEASE POST AN IMAGE WITH TIMESTAMP.

THAT GAME CARD NEEDS TO BE PRESERVED AND DUMPED PROPERLY AND WILL WALK YOU THROUGH THE PROCESS

Is it dumped yet?

TxK
Shovel Knight
Dustforce

yes i've been playing the shit out of it