/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: M O B I L E B O Y Z Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /ptg/ moved to Watch the direct here: youtube.com/watch?v=IpXQtFbRChg

>Important News
「!」Super Mario Run announced for iOS/Animal Crossing & Fire Emblem mobile delayed to March 2017: nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-run-announced-for-mobile/
「!」Pokemon GO announced for Apple Watch: pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/fun-new-features-come-to-pokemon-go/
「!」Ultra Beasts and the Aether Foundation revealed in Sun/Moon!: youtube.com/watch?v=YFbMGKvN6ts / youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA
「!」Pikmin For Nintendo 3DS (TBD) announced: ign.com/articles/2016/09/01/new-pikmin-game-announced-for-3ds
「!」Super Mario Maker For Nintendo 3DS announced: polygon.com/2016/9/1/12749312/super-mario-maker-coming-to-nintendo-3ds
「!」Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World announced: ign.com/articles/2016/09/01/poochy-and-yoshis-woolly-world-announced-for-3ds-yarn-poochy-amiibo-revealed
「!」Mario Sports Superstars announced: ign.com/articles/2016/09/01/mario-sports-superstars-announced-for-3ds
「!」30th Anniversary Zelda amiibo announced: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/771350509118685185
「!」Tank Troopers announced: polygon.com/2016/9/1/12749420/tank-troopers-nintendo-3ds-eshop
「!」Animal Crossing Welcome amiibo/Mini-Direct announced: ign.com/articles/2016/09/01/animal-crossing-welcome-amiibo-revealed-mini-direct-announced

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/KBUmhS9k
Wii U - pastebin.com/GD4tgphx

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZheP_yzFmGA
youtube.com/watch?v=nPGpXCC6ybU
ca.ign.com/articles/2016/09/07/metroid-prime-federation-source-sold-fewer-than-5000-copies-in-japan
youtube.com/watch?v=eOqgMsjszv4
strawpoll.me/11179657
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is there any cuhrayzee game for the 3DS? Love me some fast paced action games with interesting mechanics to explore but so far haven't found anything good, tried out CoP since it seemed interesting but it was total shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZheP_yzFmGA

Recommend me something that would allow me to do stuff similar to this pls. Or any game with a deep combat system for that matter.

who should i marry in rune factory 4

>can't marry ventuswill

IT'S NOT FAIR

>got a 3ds 5 years ago when i was 13
>fits in my fingers without issue
>play it today
>can't play it without my fingers cramping up

wtf? I hate nintendo now!

>got a 3ds on launch date
>only purchased 2 games, remakes at that for it.
>barely any good titles for it

wtf i hate nintendno now

Low key hyped

same. Can't wait till 2017 for it's release on android.

VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES ON IOS/ANDROID WHEN???

>tfw japan has shit taste in PDAs

Soon™

Can someone please tell me if any of the new streetpass games require you to streetpass other people that also own the game to get all the tickets? I thought it was bullshit that Warrior's Way did that and would rather know ahead of time before buying anything. Thanks.

I'm playing pic related for the first time without having played OoT and man this shit is awesome. It was uncomfortably dark at first - it felt like something was a little 'off' everywhere but I'm way more charmed by it now at the second temple

>was uncomfortably dark at first - it felt like something was a little 'off' everywhere

The whole game was built around delivering on that sensation. Just listen to the third day clock town theme

youtube.com/watch?v=nPGpXCC6ybU

would luv to see a design interview about this, hate that nintendo is generally closed off about that stuff

Hi Nintendo G's!

hey there

ca.ign.com/articles/2016/09/07/metroid-prime-federation-source-sold-fewer-than-5000-copies-in-japan

rip metroid

If Metroid goes into hibernation for a while then it's not my fault, I supported the game.

Can't say the same for all these knee-jerk whiners that'll inevitably complain about an absent 35th anniversary.

>boring mediocre game of an IP that's disliked in Japan
>didn't sell well

No one should be surprised at this, just let the poor fucking franchise die already Nintendo.

and bring back Startropics, you cocksuckers.

Shock and disbelief...

Remind me how many times the fan game was downloaded lol

I'm finally going through Omega Ruby after letting it sit on my 3DS
I just got Latios, is it worth it to take the trip back to Petalburg to get Latias with the Eon Ticket I apparently have and didn't notice or should I wait until I have Fly?

what a pointless question.

Lati@s is alright but not crucial to actually beating the game. It takes like 4 minutes so if you want it just get it

I'm not worried about beating the game, I spent an afternoon Super Training one of my mons so I could just blow past every fight and get to the endgame quicker
I just like Latias a lot, it's my favorite Gen 3 legendary.

just need a gal to step on my dicke and balls /nintyg/ros

it's not worth it to continue playing OR

>waaah! if you want this franchise to support you should buy every piece of merchandise associated with it no matter how awful it is!!! You're not a real fan! You're the reason this franchise is dying!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=eOqgMsjszv4

This argument only works if you assume the game is genuinely bad and not conceptually different from what the target audience feels entitled to.

Pretty much everybody here that did invest time into the game will tell you it's good or at least decent, and I've spread positive word of mouth for the game whenever I could, meanwhile we had a guy in here earlier deeming himself a huge fan of Metroid and doesn't care if the franchise is dead, that there's other "Metroidvanias" around, and when I tried filling him in on the strong points of Federation Force he just seemed uninterested and clueless, he actually knew nothing about the game and was just settled for confirmation bias.

IMO there's a weird divide in the community between people that want the franchise to flourish and are willing to take things at face value and support it, where as others just function off of this memetic concept that every new Metroid game is going to be "METROID DREAD," not registering that Metroid is just another IP by Nintendo, susceptible to both deviations and spin-offs, the infrequency of Metroid as an appearing franchise and it's last lackluster title doesn't somehow change that.

Like Metroid's obviously a niche franchise, and while Nintendo's not explicitly stating the franchise is being held hostage, a financial bomb is pretty telling. The subsequent release and shut down of AMR2 proooobably doesn't help the community's attitude to reason either.

>boring mediocre game
That doesn't describe Federation Force though. It's quite good actually.

Guys, this is the key question:

strawpoll.me/11179657

You didn't vote.

Please don't post again until you vote.

Someone tell InfiniteZ to fuck off.

It's Discord sleepy time.

I wish I had a friend to play with, Federation Force seems fun.

It is, you should pick it up and hit up the discord, we're looking for a fourth member.

What time does the eShop update? The game I want isn't available yet, but it's already the 8th

Who?

Fuk bros. I dunno if I should support dragon Quest or kunio kun.

But I'm a really shy girl that's way too embarrassing, ty for the offer though.

The retard asking me about shovelware.

Is there a neither option?

PROS AND CONS OF COLOR SPLASH (from what we know)

PROS:
>The personality is back. Not as good as PM64 and TTYD but better than SPM and shitter star
>friendly enemies are back in some parts
>it looks amazing

CONS
>NO PARTNERS
>Battle mechanics are still subpar but leagues better than sticker star
>although the personality is back we still won't get anything more than stock characters and MORE TOADS
>Luigi and Yoshi are easter eggs to rub salt into the wounds
>although it looks nice it still has the DUDE! PAPER! LMAO theme that's killing the creativity of the series
>level select

So far it's leagues better than shitter star but will most likely be pretty shit

Dragon quest 4 or wait for 7?

Pros:
>Looks gorgeous
>Incredibly charming

Cons:
>Not the N64 or GC game

FTFY

This isn't the PlayStation General

Wait for 7 its like 10 days away

I hear nice things about Rune Factory 4, but I've never played one. Which of the first three should I emulate to get a taste of the series before I possibly buy the fourth?

>build up over 6000 steps on my spare 3DS
>only get 500 steps in the stupid streetpass game
W H Y
H
Y

>super pachinko bros

??

It doesn't have to be 1:1 with the originals to be good. It'd be nice if it was but it isn't 100% necessary. Either way I'm not buying it any time soon

This is the price we had to pay to kill the NINTENDOOMED meme

Got a 3DS recently. I like RPGs mostly but I'm open to anything. Don't mind DS titles. Spoonfeed me.

Is Chrono Trigger for DS worth it?

Chrono Trigger for DS is strong. I really liked Dragon Quest V.

So is the new pokemon game actually going to be different or are people just flipping their shit because it did one thing different to all the other pokemon games ever

I haven't played since platinum and it sure would be nice to pick up a pokemon game and have a new experience

YOU THINK I STILL HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN HUH NINTENDO?

3 YEARS SINCE THE JAP RELEASE
7 YEARS SINCE THE RELEASE OF THE DSI VERSION

WHEN'S IT COMING OUT NINTENDO? WHEN'S THERE GONNA BE ONLINE NINTENDO? I'M STILL WAITING FOR AN ESHOP RELEASE.

never ever ever EVER

Some fuck used online (forget what exactly) to distribute dick pics so now all online access that isn't selecting pre determined text is banned for life.

Well done peado's, you've nonced us again.

>japanese pedos use flipnote to dend n00ds
>nintendo removes online for everyone BUT the nips

Fuck you nintendo. Just give online back to hatena and admit you know fuck all about online

>for the 3DS
You want the Vita for that kind of stuff.

Are there any Nintendo IPs that you think could go full mobile? That would work as mobile-only games?

I once talked to someone online who thought Nintendogs would be good as a mobile game. Gross, I don't want that. Maybe a spinoff or a port but I want Nintendogs on the next handheld.

Why didn't you get it off club nintendo?

Yeah nintendogs, tomodachi life, advance wars, club house games, rhythm heaven, picross

Tomodachi Life deserves a console release, not a mobile one. All mobile life sims are trash. Plus, I've been begging for a life sim or MMO using Miis since the Wii days.

wii u needs more games

It looks like they're trying to break a lot of conventions with this one.

I play Pokémon Go, everyday

Me too.

9 days until Dragon Quest 7!

wring bread

hello

I'll buy it.
It's the one that takes about a million years to complete right?

I'm looking forward to it.

I already have more games than I can play, and that's excluding digital games and VC games.

howlongtobeat says the playstation version is 106 hours and 255 hours to 100%

What is everyone's honest thoughts on Super Mario Run? Everyone is saying MAMMA MIA DEATH OF NINTENDO JUMP SHIP but I want to get the real consensus no memes, give it to me straight doc

I think it's honestly one of the few Nintendo's actually smart ideas this year.

Smart move by nintendo, it's gonna make money.

Personally I'm not interested at all, sick and tired of endless runners.

Anybody got that grid image with all worthwhile Wii U games?

I think it's fine as long as they keep making Mario games for Nintendo consoles, which they obviously will. I don't plan on buying Super Mario Run now but I suppose I will if it ends up being really good.

What's the better StreetPass game, Slot Car Rivals or Market Crashers? Kinda leaning towards slot cars.

If they don't pull any IAP shit, it'll probably be pretty good for a mobile game, based on what we've seen so far.

wow ok

Mobile Picross when
It would be perfect
I want it I need it

NEED IT TO MAKE ME FEEL HEATED

Man I can't believe this game is dead.

Anybody want a copy?

>pii u

Better than nothing ; ^]

that's a lame excuse.
the console is barely 4 years old and there's just one more game this year, 3 entire months without new games.

goodbye?

The wii u gets a ton of games every week, but they're all indie shit so nobody cares.

I'm just curious how NX third party is going to be because they've made it clear that they want Nintendo and their fans to suffer.

>Trying to find to a New 3DS XL to replace pic related that's around sub $100
>Everything that's not fucked with a ton of scratches or broken hinges is $150

Fuck man, is $150 a cheap price for a NEW 3DS?

That name is so awful when searching for stuff on the auction sites. Jesus, Nintendo why?

>precise inputs on mobile
hahahahahahaa

>Super Mario Run
what the fuck nintendo why

Just get the N3DS that's out for $150 now.

And I think they did it on purpose, companies don't like people selling used consoles.

Should I get Space Harrier 3D or Streets of Rage 2 3D?

That's not the developer approved version.

>Xenoblade Chronicles X coming in the mail
>SMT4A is less than two weeks away
I want to play SMT4A first, so having XCX just sitting there waiting to played is going to suck.

>why

Money.

BONUS GAME INSIDE though
SoR 2

>8 days
Why is it that only RPGs get my hype anymore?