/maag/ - Marvel Avengers Academy General

>What is this?
A shitty game. With cute waifus, husbandos, and the best writing Marvel has put out since Civil War.

>Is it free?
Theoretically, yes. Practically, no.

>Official trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=AergY6ijsfI

>Current event:
Daredevil monthlong event. Currently, Act 2 is going on where you can recruit Hellcat and buy Elektra. Falcon also gets a kung fu costume.

>Discord
discord.gg/cURq6

>Reddit AMA with TinyCo
pastebin.com/U91LWGbH

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VL0xMzLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lame choice of image, and no edition, but thanks for making the thread!

Did the last thread die or autosage?

At 327 replies? Yeah, it died, from utter starvation.

T'was not the starvation, but the jew that killed it.

>tfw no Nebula
One day

>Reposting 'cause I was unfortunate enough to be the last post in the last general

Hey. It's me: the user who promised to write that story forever ago. I've returned with good news, and bad news.

The bad news is that I just started college. So the updates, as you've probably noticed, aren't going to happen a frequently as I promised/hoped.

The good news is that I'm still working on it, and will have the first chapter done by the end of this or next week.

In the meantime, take a look at what I've written so far, and be brutally honest about the quality.

For those who don't remember, the plot is that Star-Lord and Loki will challenge each other to a team dance off.

Enjoy
>pastebin.com/VL0xMzLU

>they add a new quest
>it's just a bobblehead

Y'know. I really wish the event characters weren't complete dropped after events. Events are fine but I miss seeing some characters do stuff. There doesn't really seem to be much incentive to get the characters unless you like them

>there's a whole building dedicated to her detective agency
>has to use the dorm couch again
They're doing it on purpose at this point

It was the speed of this board at a time when everyone's going to bed.

Then why aren't the other threads gone?

some are

Wasp's cosplay fetish proves useful for once:

Heh, "What if I pray to you." I hope I'm not the only one whose mind turned to an immature kid there

Ep.2 ends today, boys and girls. Who else hasn't even gotten the Hellcatmobile?

iOS/F2P cucks?

I haven't gotten the cat herself yet.

Or her pet cat. Don't think that one's worth it.

You're gonna need it for Frank

Yeah. This ep was too hard

Peggy's Day 5 reward is 25 shards. Much better than Day 3.

>You're gonna need it for Frank

You sure? 40 swords would be a real pain to get, and you can bet other things will require swords too.

>mfw the thread died because I was reading that

It's pretty good so far user, I like it.

Yeah he's the final reward in the shop

god damn, how many swords do they expect you to harvest? Looks like DD is never gonna get upgraded.

Someone on reddit asked support and they said you wouldn't have to buy everything in the shop to get him. We'll see.

haha

Good start my man. I think you got the voices down pretty well.

Yeah, you could get Eddie before buying all the items up to that point but he needed a new one to drop material for his bribes which in turn needed you to buy everything before it

We got eddie because of fighting not the items in the shop

He was an item in the shop though.

Yea, but you didnt need the items to get him. You had to beat the streaks to get him.
But to get Carnage you had to get Eddie i think. So he was an item himself.

Any X-Men yet? No? Fuck this game.

We are getting them

>Start watching Jessica Jones
>Expect progressive SJW trash because of /tv/
>JJ's actually pretty based, the little hints of her superpowers aren't overplayed and she's qt in a broken kind of way
>Kilgrave's evil as fuck and one of the best villains in the MCU

I'm only on episode 3 but does it stay good? I like it a lot so far.

Fuck no. It's a 5 episode series stretched out over a 13 episode season. Half the characters are completely useless and go nowhere, and the three reasonably entertaining things are in turn wasted

its a meh to bad show but not because of /tv/ sjw boogeymen meme.
Stop listening to anyone who says a show is bad because its female led or has more than one minority because they get caught up in trolling.

Damn, that's a shame. I worried when I saw how long the season was.

Frank needs to hurry up and have his glorious series.

I'm getting skills from the scrolls for maxed out stats. Anyone know if these are confirmed to carry over to the next ep if they raise the stat levels? They're floating around in my inventory so I'm guessing they're not completely wasted.

Are? I thought they were a no-no.

Yes and no. I agree that a significant portion of the show is content spread very thin, but not 5/13 bad. As for "half of the characters", what you have to realize, and what I find most interesting and compelling about the show, is how the male characters are all passive and reactionary, and that the plot is furthered by the actions of the female characters. They make the decisions, and the rest of the cast merely reacts to those decisions, even the main antagonist. That doesn't make them useless, far from it. A character like Kilgrave becomes far more compelling when you realize just how little control he has over himself.

Nigga I don't give a flying fuck about the gender of the characters, half of them are literally useless. The druggie neighbour serves no use to the plot after his withdrawal episode, the incest neighbours never served any use ever, Trinity and her divorce and secretary were literally a waste of screen time, Nuke lost the fucking plot. Fuck man, outside of Tennant, the only good parts were Patsy and Luke, and they barely did shit.

And the worst part is, because they thought it was a good idea to focus on shit that didn't matter, they went and repeated it for S2 of DD and we had to deal with more Foggy and Karen shit

What do you mean good writing? Just quips?

>>Hellcat wants katanas to upgrade
Fuck that.
Thank you based hack.

what are the highest ranks for JJ DD and HC?

we're not getting them.

5/4/5

can you upgrade DD to 5 in the hack? or is he still blocked?

Stull blocked.

But you can get Tony's outfit for DD cheaply.

It's just kind of boring and they drag the plot out for no real. Kilgrave didn't interest me though so maybe from the start I wasn't going to like it.

There's a point where I was only watching for Trish.

Even if you could, you don't want to do that. Getting stuff with the hack that you can't from the vanilla version is a good way to make sure your game crashes a lot, and you'll be unable to get support since its obvious you're hacking.

So what is the best Marvel TV show out there? The only one I've watched is a few episodes of AoS the first season and it bored me. I was thinking about downloading Daredevil and watching it, but is there one that people recommend more?

Daredevil Season 1 is amazing. Best Marvel bar none. Season 2 has its detractors, but nobody sane has anything negative to say about DDS1.

Also, AoS S1 sucks, and only finds its groove the moment it ties with with Winter Soldier, which dismantles all of SHIELD. That's the moment it becomes watchable, and many would even say "good". But before that? Forget about it.

I only really liked Daredevil S1. Across the board I'm mostly dropping the capeshit shows. Just none of them are worth investment outside of characterfag reasons (ex I'll probably watch the Mon-El Supergirl episodes and LoT for Stargirl but I know they're not good shows).

Professor X has the same VA as Venom and Drax

I thought he said he made a mistake and that was recorded for something else?

But isn't Venom voiced by a Reverend or something, I don't remember that coming up with Drax.

>this
Plus that IMDB page was up before the game already came out, back when Marvel was still putting the xmen/ff/etc characters in games like avengers alliance.

Does anyone else get a lot of one particular type of ninja? Because I have 4 white ninja, and only 1 of red and black.

yeah I have 4 red ones and one of the others, I don't know why

I have had 3 blacks, 2 reds, and one white since the event started. Damn SJWs ruining the game.

Ditto, I have lots of red ninjas and only one black and one white ninja.

I assume it's because I haven't been attacking red ninjas until I got Kung-Fu Falcon.

It changes, I had almost all red ones at the beginning, then almost all white. Usually it's 3/2/1.

Just got a notification about the event ending, wonder if its back to being a Thursday deal.

This episode does end today, its probably related to them setting up stuff for the next week.

the faqs says this episode ends today at pm est (3 hours)

The event? Or the week?

6*

I can't type

Yeah I meant to say episode.

Since we are playing a game similar to in concept, what do you think about X-Men Evolution?

The animated series? I dunno, I don't really like X-Men

Reminder to save your keys because there will probably be a new box to open up with better shit in it

I need to rewatch it since I don't really remember much besides the fact that I liked it.

ugh

Wait, the boxes and ninjas are going away? I won't be able to unlock Hellcat?

No those should stay, except for maybe Armored DD.

Most awkward appointment ever

>hover hand over IM's knee.

So am I crazy or is the level 10 ninja boss unbeatable?

There's a Lv.10?

That's what mine is at and I need one more baton from him for Armored Daredevil.

Do you have 6/6 Jessica/Hellcat/Elektra team?

>i just feel like Iron Man isnt setious about this relationship

Well that sucks. Marvel is working with Fox to make an Xmen show so we'll have to see.

Yes, is that seriously the only way to beat him?

I think Elektra is crucial as she has the best stats. Hellcat is 'free' and you can replace JJ with Falcon as his stats are just slightly lower.
Also you need powerups.

Anyone knows why does the bottom one look like shit?

First guess is that the bottom one is SD and not HD

Is this why there's no color gradient?

I will be changing my phone (lower one is newer) and I don't want it to look like that.

I might be done with this event soon. I got all the waifus. I kind of want punisher, but if I have to get Luke Cage to get him, probably not worth it.

You will probably have to beat Kingpin few times to get Punisher and it can be hard/impossible without LC as he will have the best stats from "free" characters.

>Wonder Man
Wow they mentioned an event premium outside the event

They do that every now and then. If they're lucky, they'll get a brief pop in during dialog, usually in one of those "a team of heroes are going on some kind of mission" deals and don't actually have any impact.

I asked if Sif will be back and they said theres always a chance for that old characters coming back if peoole ask.

Reminder that Bucky is still early access and should be released soon™

One day I'll be able to upgrade him and he'll finally stop looking like an emo faggot

One day

So this is updating tonight, right?

If that'll help you sleep at night, then yes, yes it is.

>He doesn't like emo Bucky

elektra?

5. Good luck getting that without hacking. You need something like 1k mats to get to that point

Cute

hacking was the plan