What if the Corvette was offered with a V6?

I like the idea of a big screaming V8 engine. But what would be your opinions if the Corvette had a nice powerful V6 engine just like the Porsche 911?

I mean mine is that it would go good. A nice v6 in a RWD car, would do absolutely good.

Other urls found in this thread:

horsepowerkings.com/the-f-150-raptor-will-receive-the-ecoboost-5-0-twin-turbo-v8-in-2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just buy a 370z
(no i'm not taking the bait)

Only if it was turbo and economical

>mfw if GM would just offer a budget Corvette with Z51 bits as standard but only came in cloth interior, 5.3L V8, and manual trans

Price it somewhere in the 38K-42K range, and it'd sell like hotcakes

Chebby is already looking to ripoff the EcoBoost engines and Ford GT by making the next gen Vette a mid engined Turbo V6

That's fucking stupid and the reason they don't don't this is same reason Ferrari and lambo don't make econoboxes

Why should the Corvette do what the Porsche already does? Wouldn't it be better that the Corvette plays to its strengths rather than trying to be like something else?

>V6
>Porsche 911
Ishygddt

>Only if it was boosted and economical

fixed.

>a nice v6 like a porsche 911
>911
>v6
>

>Chebby is already looking to ripoff the EcoBoost engines and Ford GT by making the next gen Vette a mid engined Turbo V6

>Comparing a Chevrolet sports car to Italian soul and passion machines

Corvettes are nothing special. They sell a lot of them, they depreciate like a rock, and every moderately successful drug dealer can rice the hell out of a base model in 5 years time.

I'm not comparing them

Doesn't count

Hmm, but what if it was a v6 with direct injection and twin turbos? I think that would be a very economical boosted option.

It would diminish the brand. I am not saying it would be a bad thing, but people have certain expectations with Vettes. It would be like what Cadillac tried with the Cimarron.

The Corvette is going to be split into several of its own models soon so that most likely will be possible.

wat?

The porsche is rear-engine'd flatsix. a V6 corvette would be as much like a 911 as a V6 Z car. or that V6 mid-engine alfa thingy.

>The reason they don't is the same that FERRRAAARRRIIII or Lambo doesn't

I mean I may be misunderstanding what I'd consider an analogy but quit being a boomer and make an entry level version

I am willing to bet that the current mid engine Vette that is in development will sport a modified TTV6 from Cadillac

screencap this for future reference, calling it now. Emission standards are only getting harder to meet, the big displacement V8 will be a thing of the past one day

The cars aren't in the same league. Why are you pretending to be retarded

>six cylinders
>not in a line

If anything it might be a DOHC V8 (Cadillac is releasing a twin turbo V8 and will start using it in their highest trimmed cars)

>Emission standards are only getting harder to meet, the big displacement V8 will be a thing of the past one day

yea but not anytime soon. they just made the LT engines i don't see why they would abandon them or the newly releasing DOHC twin turbo V8. also the Viper engine still meets emissions and its displacement is way larger than the LTs.

and if Mazda can somehow get rotaries to meet emissions (which rotary fans keep saying the RX-vision will be produced one day) than i'm pretty sure V8s will live another day even if they just become more expensive.

The Mid-engined corvette will have a larger budget than the standard corvette and Z06 so they have some room to play around unless they decide they want a V6.

>blue flame engine making about 150HP

Corvette in fetus mode.

The reason why people buy Porsche's are because how economical and powerful they are with their proven V6s. So if Chevy is willing to develop a V6 Corvette, that would sell like hotcakes.

>I am willing to bet that the current mid engine Vette that is in development will sport a modified TTV6 from Cadillac
I too have the same feeling, so I'm screencaping this.

Yep and what did the Thunderbird do to those Six cylinder Vettes?

>every moderately successful drug dealer can rice the hell out of a base model in 5 years time
Kek, newfags missing this.

Was't this thing a total piece of shit?

GM wants you to buy the Camaro.

>V6 engine just like the Porsche 911
Please leave

if it was lighter shorter an d had a badass rear end in it it /might/ not be such a good idea

>what is Camaro

I agree with the people that a mid engine corvette wouldn't be that bad of an idea, however the idea of a Corvette being a 6cylinder car just doesn't sit right with me. It's just... not really meant for it. I know the 53 had an inline 6, but that really doesn't count when EVER SINGLE Corvette ever made after that has only a V8.

The problem with me and Corvettes are that they are fucking EVERYWHERE. I see them as much as I do Mustang, and I hardly ever see Camaro's anymore. Personally, I think with every trim and every variation they've ever released, the market is just tired of them.

Personally, I'd like GM to pick up an old name plate and try at that. Give it a special engine and market the fuck out it. It'll sell like crazy, I'm sure of it.

Sort of like what Dodge is going to do with the Plymouth Barracuda. Granted that has the basic HEMI v8 option, but I've read it's also getting a turbo-charged v6 option.

no point
v8 already gets 30 mpg or better, v6 a shit etc

He's innocent, m8. The cops were just out to get him.

Eco-friendly be damned, cannibalise the Ford tech and twin turbo the V8, and stick it in the rear for good measure.

Thanks user

>Price it somewhere in the 38K-42K range, and it'd sell like hotcakes
so a camaro

horsepowerkings.com/the-f-150-raptor-will-receive-the-ecoboost-5-0-twin-turbo-v8-in-2018/

>implying ferd invented the turbo

Hurr durr muh marketing buzzwords

The hell is that? It looks like a Daytona prototype but not.

Chevrolet Corvette GTP- Grand Touring Prototype-class sports prototype racing car 84-89

I'm speaking about a more sportier looking performance V6.

>a nice powerful V6 engine just like the Porsche 911?

Murricans, everyone.

It's a 180 degree V6. Fuck off

V6 Corvette LS swap threads everywhere.

What? A Porsche 911 Turbo can destroy almost every bad dogs out there.

>the camaro is a glass fiber/aluminium sports car.

Why does Corvettes look like it has braces on?

Nigger just about everybody has used ttv6 ...
If anything,ford is the band wagoner. Literally just copy what everyone else is doing, I.e dohc, twin turbs, etc

F L A T
L
A

>But what would be your opinions if the Corvette had a nice powerful V6 engine just like the Porsche 911?

>A nice powerful v6 engine just like the Porsche 911

>V6 engine
>Like the Porsche 911
>V6
>Porsche

Flat 6, the point OP is making is the number of cylinders and displacement not their arrangement. Correct me if I'm wrong OP

Point is that OP is a retard who doesn't even know what engine a 911 has.

>that V6 mid-engine alfa thingy
What?