Worthless parts in cars

>worthless parts in cars

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3674528/Car-crashes-woman-pulls-hand-brake-car-boyfriend-racing-Mexican-highway-dramatic-video.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9hbHs9z8y4M
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parking_pawl
youtu.be/WTzATjuvHKk?t=41s
youtube.com/watch?v=lr153W7311U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP confirmed for feminist

>Here, have an giant red button in the middle of your dash for something you'll never use.

The engine

If you were a good driver you would know that you need the hazards to alert drivers behind you from obstacles in front of you e.g. traffic jams

OP confirmed for driving an auto

Anyone stopping at the side of the road or on the road temporarily. Anyone encounting the end of an Autobahn traffic jam because chances are others are approaching at 120 mph. It has its uses, but I guess if you live in a country that's oblivious to the existence of something as basic as indicators it's likely that they don't know about hazards either.

>pushrod inline 4

>Multiple cylinders

for what purpose?

>If you were a good driver you would know that you need the hazards to alert drivers behind you from obstacles in front of you e.g. traffic jams

A lot of people in the USA don't care about others, so the idea of using hazards to warn them is alien. The only reason to use hazards is to avoid getting hit. The conservative usa culture of "don't care about others" has reached the point where even those "don't care" people try to denigrate those who do care as having fake compassion or faked caring. Their justification is that if those liberals actually did care about others, they would let those unfortunate people suffer in order to both learn a lesson and to stimulate them to do better. Thus, the conservatives claim helping those people is fake caring, fake compassion and because of that liberals aren't genuinely nice people.

the exhaust note is probably orgasmic.

That's a good idea.

>When women use the hand break

Please don't tell me you fine Americans don't learn that in those 15 minutes of driving school

/thread.

We did but we just don't care

>following Amish
>invariably, out of state tourists content to stare at Amish put on their hazards and follow Amish
>road rage past them

He's just talking out of his ass

lmao what the fuck are you talking about dude

WHY CAN'T I JUST TURN THE FUCKING KEY

Spoiler: Nobody cares. If liberals cared, they would care about all crime equally including the overwhelming black on black children crime (actual little children, not repeat felons with mile long rap sheets being called innocent babies by BLM)...

also

With electric locks, electronic security and electronically-controlled ignition, the key is just a fancy removable switch. Its only actual function is unlocking the car if the battery dies.

It isn't, it may even be illegal in your state.

source

I think he means the big button, not the hazards. Have a mkre subtle button than the fugly one in a lot of newer cars.

>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3674528/Car-crashes-woman-pulls-hand-brake-car-boyfriend-racing-Mexican-highway-dramatic-video.html
>youtube.com/watch?v=9hbHs9z8y4M

>bae you're going to fast
>good thing the passenger has this nifty 'emergency brake'

haha
that's psycho

Cool, guess I should keep my tools in the car after all.

Do you hate your parking prawl?

I never had driving school. I read the handbook, got a permit and had minimal instruction mainly from my dad and grandma. I hit the hazards without thought for any sudden slowdowns, large obstacles, severely sight impairing weather, possible stops, or severe dumbfuckery on the highway. I can't understand why I'm the only one who does this.
Does everyone else LIKE getting sideswiped or rear ended with a 30+mph speed delta??

>A video posted to Live Leaks shows just how dangerous street racing can really be.

You mean just how dangerous women can really be.

thats the key they use in detroit

basically everything in the gtr

The fuck is that?

It's pawl, other poster is an idiot.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parking_pawl

The worst is when they make it just as large as the speedometer and place it right next to it.

HOLY SHIT I'M GOING 5 PAST 6... wait

>It isn't

How to spot an idiot.

assmad GM fangirl detected

I think analog clocks in cars are way out of place. Digital makes more sense. We have large displays in the dash now and usually in the instrument cluster with at least one time indicator, why do we need an analog clock taking up space and looking out of place vs. all the digital controls?

Spotted the woman.

One less thing to break in the car, convenient when you're entering the car in cold weather and don't need to take your gloves off/take keys out of pocket to start the vehicle.

found the FSAE guy

>Not using the passenger ejector button

>drive car
>approaching unavoidable obstacle in road ahead
>need to warn people coming up fast from behind
>can't locate hazard button because it's subly hidden rather than normally sized and universally recognizable which you can't miss

>inb4 familiarize yourself with the car
Although this should be done, it shouldn't be a necessity in order to locate and push the button in stressful situations.

Running hazards due to weather is a bad idea. You should turn your running lights on but leave your hazards off as hazrads in the fog make it harder to see than just running lights. Also if your hazards are on your turn signal do not function so driving with them on is a bad idea.

How am I supposed to park on the sidewalk then? I ain't spending any money for parking just to grab a coffee.

[spoiler]Just kidding. I'm not an american[/spoiler]

That is the "I can park anywhere" button. I use it every day

Because normalfags think it's "fancy" and "refined"

Not the guy you're replying to.
>hazrads in the fog make it harder to see than just running lights
What?

>Also if your hazards are on your turn signal do not function so driving with them on is a bad idea.
That really depends on the speed you're travelling at, though. If your hazards are on other people SHOULD be very cautious. And thus it shouldn't be a problem just swerve to another lane slowly or turn. You can turn off the hazards just to use the indicators and turn it back on after.

>Running hazards due to weather is a bad idea.

That's one of the reasons why the lights exist in the first place you drooling retard.

Hazards don't make it harder to see in fog and it's not for you anyway, it's for other drivers. And when you're driving with your hazards on you shouldn't be driving fast so turning isn't an issue. People see the lights on and will be cautious around you. It's a universal signal to other drivers. I hope you don't live where it snows.

Kek, I forgot about this bullshit.

You're not the only one. I do it too especially if there's a sudden traffic jam on the highway. I do it to warn the person behind me that I'm slowing down rapidly so they don't rear end me.

>be car manufacturer
>put digital clock in cars
>users complain it looks tacky and cheap
>put analog clock in cars
>users complain it looks tacky and out of place

Wat do?

Shut the fuck up

Nobody uses hazard lights to 'warn' others, other than your autistc self

>oh thank u for giving me a heads up that its foggy out, you clever young man!
>thanks for flashing your lights which universally indicates that there is an accident ahead.
>My windshield isnt working and i cant think for myself
>but i can definitelt interpret those vague flashing lights as there being a lost dog on the road ahead
>thank you young man, and what a classy style you have! I never see fedoras anymore

Hazard lights are for when your car is fucked up and you have to park it in an odd place, and you dont want people to hit/harass you while you figure it out

You fuckin autist

Make the clock digital and part of the radio and infotainment screen and part of the instrument cluster and just call it a day.

>"it's a trap!".png

nothing is worthless you limited swine

Honk

Calm down, man. There's no must to use it at the slightest fog, I thought this was obvious.

You simply use the hazards to warn about potential dangerous situations where you want other people to be alert and pay attention.

>inb4 ur so stupid why would i use hazards to warn about a person in a stepladder painting the wall

Once again, calm down, man.

this thread is fucking retarded

>let me tell you about your country
Fuck off

>let's replace controls which you could adjust without having to look down with touch options which you have to take your eyes off of the road to use

In the case of your automobile, the driver

Ford ended up eating crow on that one. The newer models of MyFord Touch and Sync 3 have real physical buttons below the radio for the most common/essential tasks now and don't relegate key paid features (e.g. heated seats) to the touchscreen alone.

>slamming the hazards when trying to panic brake
Nigger you already have a system to warn drivers behind you about you braking, focus on trying to stop. The hazard lights is for when parked or if you have to roll at a much slower pace than everyone.

Automatic windshield wipers

The fuck is this thing?

Better safe than sorry.

The brake lights does not tell you about how hard the car ahead is braking and could thus be misinterpreted as normal braking. This could lead to catastrophic consequences. Using the hazards in first world countries is universally understood that something's up and that caution should be paid.

Yall a bunch of fuckin' morons, those are the 'fuck it, park wherever' lights - essential to the american motoring public

;_;

You watch those horror movies where they can't fucking put the key in because they're so scared? That's why.

>Mexican intellectuals

Self-explanatory.

>his hazard button is anywhere but on top of the steering column
Seems like only traditional murrican cars got this right

>not maintaining symmetrical exhaust thrust

No. Its not universally understood in tbat way. Thats what we are trying to explain to you. Maybe in your head or your faggot little town

In fact if I saw you driving around with your hazards on cause there an accident up ahead id ask myself

>why the fuck does this guy have his lights on?
>is he having an episode in his car?
>does he think hes part of the emergency response team?
>why is this guy so fuckin stupid, turn your hazards off they are adding nothing to this situation

They are for when youre parked and your car has broken down. THATS the universal understanding. Period.

When you drive by and see someone parked with their hazards on you either stop and help them call a tow cause theyre obviously stranded OR you laugh at their shitbox and continue driving. Never once taking the blinking hazards as some sort of 'be careful ahead' autistic communication system

It's common on German Autonahns to turn hazards on a few times when there's a traffic jam or accident ahead.

Are you american?

What's the red thing?

Give away free smartwatch with every car purchase.
>case closed.

I agree with this. I hate when they put them all different fucking places. It's so easy to reach there without being big and obnoxious in the middle of the dash like lots of foreighn cars have.

Truck makers like to put the hazard and other light switches in all different fucking places. Lots of them will actually have a button or this switch you pull right by the turn signal stalk and that isn't too bad. Pic related, the red switch on back. And you just flip the turn signal real quick to turn them off. You gotta use them a lot in the trucks like when backing up so it's a pain when they are in dumb places.

My fucking dad told me this shit when I was a kid and I fucking believed it for the longest time.

So you're smart to you leave your hazards off if you're at the end of a slow moving queue with cars approaching fast from behind?

So if I'm having my hazards on make you question it, then my wish has been fulfilled.
It makes you alert and attention paying rather than unaware.

By the way, are you American?

youtu.be/WTzATjuvHKk?t=41s

Not answering your question, but it looks like a shoe resting on what might be one of the pedals.

youtube.com/watch?v=lr153W7311U

What is this, amateur hour? This is how you park anywhere.

Burger here, can confirm.

We don't give a fuck about you. It's okay to be self centered.

Fuck you I'm a motherucker

>one of the pedals

>automatic

you must be a special kind of retarded

What are you trying to say?

I think you have to push the brake to pull the lever out of park.

An Sti, those are all Defi guages, they cost about 100 bucks a piece.

I use this everytime I am over at my friend's apartment so I can leave my car in the road while I return the parking pass.

Brake interlock warning light