/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Nobody made another Edition

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a2KVH6l9Q6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So for a BoomHammer + Rosmarinus build, should I go

50STR / 40ARC
or
40STR / 50ARC

More Arc would be better if you intend to trick as much as possible/actually use Rosy

What if I go 45/45 ?

Personally I go for making a build be able to use as much as possible, so I may not give the best advice for a weapon-specific one. But really so long as you have both stats above 40 you won't have anything to worry about. If you don't have a dedicated STR build make it 50/40 and use the character as that as well. The difference will be negligible when you're rocking high gems.

About to start a Skill build run. What weapons should I look into? I hear the Threaded Cane is great all the way to the mid-game and can still carry late-game.

Do you reckon Bloodborne will be given a patch for PS4pro? 1080p with 48 fps would be sweet, with textures improved in some areas.

Granny Maria is an old hag! She is so ugly!

Threaded Cane can be your main if you want it to be.

Blades of Mercy are GOAT for wrecking bosses if you don't mind missing gestures/HoH, Saif and Church Pick are both high tier and can be gotten after Amelia/Ludwig respectively with some running around.

>first time in research hall

Jesus Christ, this place is horrifying.

Church Pick and Blade of Mercy are great weapons later in game. Saw Spear is best early game for bosses and large enemies, Threaded Cane is great for most enemies early game but tougher against large ones and bosses.

There are two ladders that take you up to Djura. Climb the first one and instead of climbing the send go left and you'll be taken into rafters of the church. There's a rope with an urn attached, hit that.

Maybe oil urns and cocktails and fire buffed weapons?

Instead of climbing the second go right*

Who else alcoholic hunting here?

how long have their been beasts in yharnam? there's people in suits of heavy armor in the chalice dungeons, implying that yharnam wasn't anywhere near as advanced when they first started exploring pthumeria

Finna fight Logarius, anyone wanna help out? I'm waiting outside, the pass is oatmeal

I always assumed the knights in the chalice dungeon were part of the original Pthumerian kingdom rather than explorers

As for the beasts of modern day Yharnam, both Willem and Djura were around for the first outbreaks and they haven't succumb to age yet so within one or two generations seems likely, but we can only speculate

Can be there in five

It wasn't shown off in the premiere, even though stuff like Infamous and Shadow of Mordor were. If it was going to get a patch they probably would have shown it off, they know full well how beloved it is, and more importantly how many PC players still want it. A 4K version would entice at least a few new customers.

From software is probably just too busy, since they have a heap of projects going on. And graphical fidelity isn't valued nearly as much in Japan as in the west.

How much sequence breaking can I do with Chalice Dungeons? I just got my first Pthumeru and I want to squeeze everything I possibly can out of this.

I don't care if it's 1% gems or +0 Runes that, incidentally, I can't even use yet. If I can get it in these Chalices before I can get in the main game, I want to.

Ring-a-ding-ding

>when someone asks for help and you run to their aid but don't get summoned and feel like you were stood up on a blind date

It's enough to make a man feel.

No sequence breaking. Chalice Dungeons are sort of their own thing entirely. You can do them all as soon as you get the chalices, or you can ignore them completely.

If you go too far down you'll get over-levelled/upgraded very quickly, though.

Not getting anything, you sure the pass is right?

Adeline keeps trying to give me her blood and won't progress to giving me her key. Do I have to take the blood?

I don't want to get rid of Arianna's blood...it's all I have left of her.

>fighting orphan for the first time
>whenever the fucker gets close to death starts spamming lightning storms or the overhead drop that one-hit kills

Yeah dude, someone else came. Sorry, thanks though

You can get gems better than Mensis-tier Immidetly after Bloodstarved Beast.

Lower Ptumuru layer 2, the Fatty guarding the Lever (named Lumpy by someone here who farmed him 100 times) drops cursed 20.6% Physical gems, or if you are really lucky 23% Thrust/Blunt.

That's not really sequence breaking so much as being OP as fuck, which can be done outside of CDs also

I think you have to give her more fluid

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
FUCK LAURENCE
HE'S SUCH FUCKING HORSESHIT

FUCK

I made the dreadful mistake of doing The Old Hunters in NG++ and he's absolutely fucking bullshit
Retarded ass healthpool
Can easily 2 shot you
3 of his moves do fucking 85% of my god damn health
fuck him
This isn't fun at all

on the other hand Willem is basically a Cordyceps Zombie by the time we meet him, and Djura is a former Hunter of The Dream, so who knows how that might have effected his aging(not to mention what effects Blood and/or Insight can have on one's aging), personally I assume that Byrgenwerth exploring the Chalice Dungeons happened at least 50-60 years ago, possibly even 70-100 years ago

on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if something like Bloodborne might take longer to get an upscaling than those you mentioned

and do they really have all that much going on, haven't heard a peep about them doing jack besides the DS3 DLC

Which gems should I farm for a 50/25 STR/SKL build, triangles or waning?

I know, but I think the user knew you couldn't actually sequence break, but was instead asking how to get things early you arnt supposed to have.

You can get a bunch of tier 1 poison/frenzy runes/etc.. runes from Hintertomb Root Chalice's when usually there's only a very select few runes you can have before reaching Forest/Frontier. Those are kind of pointless, but still interesting. You can also get hilariously overpowered gems from Lumpy the Watcher and Hintertomb Madmen if you need triangles. If you are really dedicated you can have FRC Isz stuff before Shadow's of Yharnam, but Depth 3 is as far as you can go pre Amelia.

Physical weapons always want Triangle and Radials. Wanings have no good source of physical % up and also no flat Phys as a secondary.

At 50 STR, 25 SKL a heavy Abysall and two 27.2% Physicals (or 32.6% Blunt/Thrust if applicable) would still be the best option, but you'd have to check the math on each weapon.

Beast Claw with Beast Rune at 50/25 is optimial with two Heavy Abysalls and one 27.2%. But only if both Abysalls have +15 flat and even then the charge R2 and one other attack do less damage than two 27.2%s. But every other weapon has higher base damage and modifiers, so only one Heavy Abysall is worth it.

things are slow today

It's EU daytime my man it's gonna be slow now for a few hours.

How about beastclaws with 25 str and 25 skl?

Also, if anyone want to help me slay laurence the first vicar i'd appreciate it hehe.

pass gg123
if someone replies ill be ringing outside the fog wall

hang in there, once you do it you'll feel great user

Ahh...

>Ludwig's Holy Blade
>balanced

Did Gehrman fuck Maria? Or the Doll?

Still there? Ringing at the gate

>Rakuyo
>balanced

Two Tempering Abysalls from Headless Bloodletting Beast and one 27.2% triangle.

>Saws
>balanced

> Headless Bloodletting Beast

Whoops REGULAR (with head) BLB, my bad.

>Bloodborne
>balanced

2016 and I'm still waiting for the PC release. I know all the bosses, the lore, the endings, the NPCs, the questlines but I'm still gonna buy this game on day 1 of PC release.

DESU the multiplayer would be even worse than it is currently. CEing Gems in/Modifying them to make them absurd would be the norm.

Anyone willing to help with defiled amy?
Password is "amygdala"

I actually just spent 300 dollary donts on a ps4 and bloodborne goty edition.

Its literally the only game I want on a ps4. Dont even regret it

On my way

Still there? I'm not finding anything.

Still ringing, nothing is picking up

Try changing the pw

New password is: 123

>nightmare frontier

Welp, it's not working. Try with someone else. Good luck, user

This game can be real shitty sometimes when it comes to summoning

Anyone looking for help with something?

I need help getting my life together

Will someone help me?

Need help losing my virginity senpai.

With what?

Byrgenwerth? Pass: burger

First playthrough?

Nope, NG+ just wanna play with someone

To guy who posted this thread or two ago; where did you get this high quality image of the trailer? Do you have more shots? I really need more high res pictures of those trailers.

Just need help with Rom right now

>someone asks for help in thread
>boot up PS4, login, load up as quick as possible
>'where you ringing'
>get location and pass
>go to location and ring
>ringing for ten minutes, no summon
>update thread
>'thanks for the help!'

y-you too

still ringing?

YOU WERE AT MY KOSM ALL ALONG

MY TRUE KOSM

MY GUIDING KOSM

[KOSM NOISES]

Still need a hand famalamicus?

got him?

Rom is DEAD dudes

Where you going next? Still need some co-op?

Hey, I'm about to run Upper Cathedral Ward. Pass is freesia. I'd really love to run the whole thing with some company. So I'll be ringing at the lamp.

It's true, Saif and Church Pick are ridiculous.

Yeah where do you think should I go?

>farming Isz watchers
>need 27.2% bolt gem
>no bolt gem drops at all
>about 3 fire, 10 arcane and 30+ tempering

This is getting stupid now.

You just beat Rom, so you'll end up in Yahar'gul now, I can run through with you, we'll grab you the Upper Cathedral Ward key, it's in a semi-secret location

Have you been to Hemwick and Cainhurst?

Why isn't there a Bloodborne mule?

No not yet..Ok let's do the Yahar'gul

What's the pass my guy?

Lets keep it burger

I'll be at the Yahar'gul lamp in just a sec!

It could harm the re-playability of the game.
If you could get everything at the beginning of the game.

Thou it could be cool if you could invite someone to your Hunter's Dream and have a trading-table for gems.
They could balance it out by being able to trade gems as long as they have the same rarity.

Oh Christ that was embarrassing, sorry

i'll join as well

It would be pretty nice to get gems for armor. Like resistance increases or even regen ones.

JESUS

damn no takers huh
well alright

Full vid as promised:
youtube.com/watch?v=a2KVH6l9Q6I

Bloodborne isn't going to get a PC release. It's built for the PS4 and a vital point of its marketing is the fact that it is a PS4 exclusive. To give it a PC release would literally defeat the point.

Ringing at chapel dudes

You want to go back and grab the Upper Cathedral key? Door's open and we can go fast

Now that's just sad

How much insight will we get when we witness the Bloodborne PC release?

Needing help with defiled keeper of the old cunts. Ringing at lamp, pw : bbg