/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Roguenex.us is down due to a security leak until further notice.

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=6f6d80984bf40f54a5c5a6085526dd78106c6443
github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/889e34bb27c2e9f1f11a0ebee0f6915dcb56e20c/crawl-ref/source/godabil.cc
demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/new-kids-on-the-block/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Demigods are OP

>Have ascended in nethack 12 times and done some conducts
>Beat brogue once
>probably 1000+ hours in cataclysm dda

Yet I can't stand DCSS. I don't know why, but there's just something about it that refuses to click with me, and I've never made it far.

Why, rlg?

shit game

>can't pick any god
>-2 exp
>-1 to other aptitudes.
>lost innate SustAb recently
>op

I've almost never seen Demigod win here.

Well, at 27 dodging you will get about 2 EV per dex point, but your EV is going to be 31 at 24 dex 27 dodging, is it really worth the investment at such a high level?
In my experience if you get charms and buff yourself with ozocubu's armor, deflect missiles and haste as long as you're not doing dumb things like getting surrounded by highly damaging mobs your only real problem would be cold attacks like simulacras and freezing clouds.

because ur shit lol

Your favorite race is OP and should be nerfed.

My favorite race is clearly underpowered and should get 1% GDR per level in addition to a bonus auxiliary attack.

Gods are bloat and it's already been scientifically proven by the roguelikes research institute in Harvard.

You can stack INT and become more powerful caster than a deep elf while having more HP, though you would have to rely on RNG for books.

They should make a roguelike where you're a randomly generated item...and adventurers pick YOU up.

I'll have you know I am sitting on a 100% alltime DgTm winrate user. Sleeper OP combo 10 years running.

But what would you be able to do?

You could invoke your magical powers at specific times to help or hurt your adventurer on his quest. Do you want to stay with the same weak adventurer all your existence before being lost forever, or do you want to be wielded by an omnipotent lich for eternity, or do you want to live a calm lifestyle above your adventurer's fireplace after he retires, then be passed down through his family line for generations?

I've never played poschengband, but isn't that basically rings?

Newguy trying to beat Brogue from yesterday.

I started a new game and somehow managed to get this far, this dryad is completely fucking garbage against salamanders and will o' wisps.

I have no idea on what should I use my enchantment scrolls, and yes that leather armor is the best armor I found.

Slime for the slime god! Got lucky with an early random god altar.

>early Jiyva
>lucky

actually that might be right now that your jellies no longer eat undiscovered shit.

How do you gain piety with nu-Jiyva?

Yeah I got kind of distracted by a magma worm and suddenly that happened. Ended up with ridiculous credits from bio data alone though so it's fine.

I dunno mang, I find Jiyva super strong overall. Loads of good mutations, the exclusive ones being OP. Slimify dangerous uniques. No need to train invo.

Also very fast Piety gain, I'd say. Just request some jellies when you're about to finish a floor and they'll gobble up all the crap lying around. I think I was at full piety by D:10 or so.

Play poschengband as a ring

Well normally this would be the part where you'd be in a decent plate and be told to up your ring of regen for a regen cheese run but you don't have that. You only have one surviving ally. you're just kind of dicked mate.

>actually that might be right now that your jellies no longer eat undiscovered shit.

Nope.
You hear a distant slurping noise.
You feel a little less hungry

Curious, I remember reading about a jiyva change in the commits a month ago

They removed non-Jiyva jelly eating, which is probably what you're thinking of.

>Make jelly item-eating Jiyva only
s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=6f6d80984bf40f54a5c5a6085526dd78106c6443

It means jellies don't eat items anymore unless you worship Jiyva.
If you worship Jiyva, they'll eat any item, the one in your sight, or the one outside your sight.

As long as that roguelike doesn't allow you to cBlink, it's all good.

>no quickblade of ultra higgghhg speedy and Naruto headplate Okawaru emblem and /hasting wielded

not speedy/10

>Your demonic ancestry asserts itself...
>You feel robust.

xth for yrede

>you are now completely covered in sharp spines

Maybe because Crawl is all about fightan fightan fightan and doesn't have more elaborate inventory and item management like in the games you've listed?

It almost feels like a way of trolling that one user now.

I wish slimes were playable in DCSS.

>cannot equip items besides weapons
>mutates every level
>high hunger, but can eat any item
>corrode ability

this sounds like felids yet somehow even more boring

>It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Is there a line in your character dump that says how many undeads you have summoned? I mean, it even says how much of each fucking food you've eaten, it'd be nice to stroke my NECROMANCER ROTTING PENIS.

how will our hero escape this time?

>Aktiver Windows

kys asap

Woah there, please don't bully that user for not aktivering. It's possibly the most entertaining thing that's happened in the last few threads.

Play poschengband friendo

>the Black Mamba hisses at me: "Aktiver Windowssssss"

well lesson learned, white spiders are a big no-no in terms of melee combat

wish granted

>being a literal cuck

Bro, do you even lift?

You had 9/9 Sp, why weren't you moving backwards until he got adjacent then darbolt, stab, darkbolt, stab him?

How would you fix Cataclysm:DDA?

i thought i could save my spirit and just hack it to pieces. i forgot they have been buffed in the dev branch

and then this fuck appeared out of nowhere. do the buffed spiders have stealth now?

Why is that spider biting the other spider's ass?

Saving is for dead men

It's probably 1 spider moulting

wow i want that map.

on topic: DDA is fine

Zombie hordes changed so instead of just padding cities with zeds and spawning zeds on noise, it now automatically spawns huge groups way off in the distance around you but only like once or twice a week. Bases spawn rate on how much noice you make over the course of days or weeks and how long since last horde. if you play totally silent you may not see one for weeks, if you go guns blazing it still might take a few days for a horde to show up to at least let you have fun using guns, but it'll be a big horde

Also how bout a fucking end game

How do flail work in brogue?

How do I get the extra attack?

what do, no stairs in sight.
>resists electricity
Fuggg.
Do I just run around and try to find a portal or burn through all of my consumables in a vain attempt at killing her?

Forgot to mention, I have 2 fire runes and Zaji's weak to fire. Would that do the trick, considering that I also have a huo shu that might live for a couple of turns or I shouldn't even bother?

where can i find zin recitation quotes?

DEATH OR GLORY
And I've chosen DEATH
Holy frick she's diesel, fuck regen desu.

Also, I really want to know how damage is calculated in demon, since obviously "X power attack" does not equate to "deals X damage in hitpoints".
Can someone elaborate on that?

They're randomly generated from parts. Ctrl-f "book_of_zin" here
github.com/crawl/crawl/blob/889e34bb27c2e9f1f11a0ebee0f6915dcb56e20c/crawl-ref/source/godabil.cc

How the fuck do you recover HP with Zin if you want use to your amulet slot for something other than regeneration? At least Ely and TSO have some form of healing, but this faggot only takes gold for himself.

>rest til full hp
>250+ turns passed
>new monsters spawned already
>take you down to half hp
>repeat step one

thanks

anything for you user

Because Demigods are boring as fuck and pretty annoying to get through the mid game, and then even more annoying to get through extended.

It's like Centaurs, they're good but not very fun.

I'd remove filthiness morale penalty, for starters

>remove filthiness morale penalty
that may be a quirk
like "hobo" or smth

How are you getting hurt when you cast the +9/+9/+9 dick enlargement ability at every turn?

Why would you donate Gold to Zin? Are u a retart?

Daily reminder that if you find yourself caught in the apocalypse the first thing you should do is wear as many sunglasses as possible.

>Demon is focused on party combat
>Doesn't give even such basic level of command over allies as crawl
I don't understand.

Can you cheat around Gozag's food monopoly with Hydra Form?

>-2 Dodging
>no shield
there's your answer, and that's not even extended with its torment/hellfire spam

piety draining trove, but really it's more of a joke you know

Donating gold only increases piety gained in the near future and nothing else
How about you avoid the damage in the first place? Or just swap amulets when resting? A regen amulet should heal you in less than 100 turns, and unless you're using gourmand there is no bloody reason not to swap

Yes, same with stabbing sleeping enemies as a vampire

he's probably playing newer versions where you can't swap regen

Regeneration amulets only work when put on at full HP. You'd need a ring or a weapon with Regen+.

gozag's food cost is overrated anyways, if you're a melee character with only low-level spells you can do 15 runes on permafood only

Unfortunately as a Transmuter you're a mage-warrior with low int and spellcasting.

Ah, okay. I thought you were theory-crafting in general, instead of referring to a specific character.

It's a non-issue even if you're spellcasting. Just play quick and don't waste turns

Yeah, that bugs me a little bit, I wonder if it's intended
>Though the relics are powerful, they have limits: They do not allow [direct control of demons], and the powers they grant are only enough to make the Summoner as strong as... not stronger than... the demons within the tower.

>mfw found my 4th book of Annihilations at XL16, 3 are in shops
>still no Shatter book

They should balance slimes to make them a real enemy.

Slimeballs are a disgusting species unworthy of respect and consideration.

>Brogue is hard
It really is. And yeah, Dryads are shit and should really be reworked or removed. At least you've got a fire immunity charm.

Suggested enchantment candidates:
-Whip of Speed (good for killing enemies before they get too close)
-Wand of Plenty (only after you've found an endgame monster like a Tentacle Horror)
-Ring of Regen (at high levels, will literally let you fully heal in a couple turns and shrug off caustic gas or even fire, but you'll need better armor to pull that off otherwise you'll still get one-hit killed)

Yeah, but they are retarded as fuck
>weakness to everything
>mediocre hp
>mediocre damage
The only worthy thing they have is malleable.

HAHA IM GOING TO MAKE YOU DOUBLE-PEACE-SIGN-AHEGAO NOW, SLUT.

I got fucked by a kraken in the end, more like I tried to save the dryad by it by tossing a confusion, just to end up being the one grappled. Fuck floors where I have to walk in water.

Right now I'm trying to go balls deep with my axe. I can deal with everything but I'm p sure I'll get roasted by dragon like the other time.

>play cataclysm
>find fusion gun during first day in a spider basement
>find two fusion cores in other basements
>never find a UPS to fire the damn thing
>die
fack

>FORGOVE ME FATHA FOR I HAV SINNED

Health 15/19

....$...........
..G....../.....
.......@.......
........L........
....[.......###

You smash the Like-Like for 2 damage with your fists!
You feel a little bit guilty.
The Like-Like missed!
You smash the Like-Like for 3 damage with your fists!
You feel a little bit guilty.

>SMASH DAT MF LIKE BUTTON

If you aren't playing a character who is pretty and stylish then you don't know shit about surviving the apocalypse.

WHO
TF
UP
?!

The earth shall be inherited by the moe.

>Lactose Intolerant

found the subhuman

REAL
ROGUE
HOURS

SMASH DAT MF TAB

Time For Fun™

>All of this on D5
Artifact game strong

>the iron shot is frozen in time perforating the satyr's smug face as vehumet's gift of knowledge descends upon his follower

>demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/new-kids-on-the-block/
>that Baphomet