/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Tacticool Headgear Edition

>Season 3 Operation Skull Rain info
youtube.com/watch?v=lqsL4QpKXeM
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Previous Thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eTXTUuYyIKY
twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/773913772817846272
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for shitters

Second for skillbeard

>game is so dead that only ESL professionals are playing above Gold on PC

Getting really sick of this shit, I'm only gold 4 and I'm constantly getting matched with pros. Even in casual, there's a pro on my team and 2 pros on the enemy team right now. Previous game the pro on my team got a double ace. It's got to the point where if I see anyone good at the game I just google their name and they have an ESL profile.

What do you guys have turned off in your matchmaking preferences?

you

Disarm bomb for T-hunt

>Still no drawfag of IQ sitting on Ash's face with her jeans on.

Bomb, it's the worst fucking game mode

>Only mode with 2 Objective
>Game is balanced around defending 1 objective

It doesn't even look good on paper, it's an 80%
loss for defenders since most bomb sites allow the attackers to defend the defuser from outside

webm highly related, Favela is really shitty espicaly tower but Chalet or Consulate are just as bad. You could argue it was a bad defender play but bomb just sucks

Siege version of this when?

Bomb and Hostage

Personally I fucking hate Hostage due to the fact that some maps (Favelas is one) you can literally extract the hostage a few feet away. others 1000 feet away.

Its just fucking retarded.

>Surround sound headphones broke
>stuck with regular ones until replacements arrive

I used to disable bomb as well but eventually I realized that it's far too easy to defend one site. If both teams are good nobody wins the attack rounds. Whereas with bomb the attackers have a much better chance to win. Now I have hostage and secure disabled and I only play bomb.

I hate it when that happens

Why is /r6g/ the best general?

Not popular enough to attract shitposters, no story or plot to attract waifu autists.

Completely cancer-free.

Wahh wahh castle is bad
Wahhhh bomb objective is not balanced
The hostage extraction is too izi on some maps they should all be alike
Waaaahhhhhhh

>git
>gud
>scrubs

At least you can buy new ones right away, I had to break out the duct tape because the wire keeps snagging on my chair and sending them flying

it's adefect i got a free refund from amazon.

What headphones would you guys recommend to get? Mine are on a verge of snapping in half and I‘m looking for a replacement.

>implying that I wont post anime

>Completely cancer-free.
let's not get carried away here

Fuck if I know, I use the $60 Xbox one's and they work really well sound wise, they aren't comfy but they work on any 3.5mm jack so I'll take it

HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset.

Comfiest headset ive ever owned, comes with a usb soundcard extension and simulated surround sound with a detachable mic.

It's basically made for siege

>that blackbeard with a laser on his deagle

>"don't buy the season pass, you can easily get all the operators"
>play every night for a month
>only 23k renown

Start AFKfarming.

this actually the most uninformed post i've seen in a siege general thus far, congrats

>play every day for like 4 days
>have 25k renown
what the fuck are you doing that you're not getting renown? playing terrorist hunt or some shit?

What other game modes do you think they could add? I think maybe a T hunt style deathmatch mode I'm multiplayer might be fun. Defenders can set up literally anywhere and can make the whole map their funhouse without worrying about an objective.

>Tacahnka VS the World
>Every attacking operator vs Tachanka
>mfw Tachanka still wins

>You're losing
>Guy on your team starts losing his shit
>NOOB TEEEMZ
>FACKIN NOOB TEEMZ
>GREAT TEAM FAKIN NOOBZ

and its always a shitter who goes 0-3

>no waifu autists

Hehe righhhht

Does temporal filtering really cause blur? I'm looking at comparisons with it on and off and I'm having trouble seeing any difference, besides the obvious diminishing of the ambient occlusion effects.

What's the deal with caveira's shotgun? Do you seriously need four shots to down someone at 5m?

no

Doesn't matter, I play ranked where those matchmaking preferences are ignored anyways.

>Get teamkilled for no reason
>Then get votekick

Are eastern europeans the most retarded """humans""" on the planet? I was 2nd best on the team and playing thermite too

Any country that doesn't have English as it's first language is pure cancer.

Ubisoft is trying to tell us Jews run the media.

>No waifu posters
>No shit posters
>When all the drawfags are asked to draw almost exclusively the women of the game
>When the biggest argument is if Blackbeard is overpowered or not
>Just flank&C4 broski :^)

You don't know what a waifufag is. We all enjoy lewds of the female operators.

We don't avatarfag with images of our waifu from our 50gb folder with shit like "ASH IS BEST GIRL, ALL THE OTHER GIRLS IS SHIT SHE IS MY WAIFU I WANT TO HOLD HER HAND AND MARRY HER!".

That's what waifufags do to generals.

>enemy team teamkills some guy for three rounds straight for no reason
>he finally snaps andkills three of them before the autokick
>enemies get super pissy and seemingly don't see a reason why he started killing them
>screeches in cykanese
Sometimes I just don't get people

Exactly, although everyone knows that Buck is best girl! I want him to be my cute canuck housewife (male)! I want to bully him about his poor recoil control and silly gun engravings! Buck is cute! CUTE! I want to cover his beard in snow!

You've clearly never been to most other generals. This is the least shitty general I've ever been to.

Let's not fuck this up.

>passive ambient noise shit
youtube.com/watch?v=eTXTUuYyIKY

i turned music off the day i got the game.

>passive ambient noise shit
Best fucking kind of ingame music. I really like the fact Siege went for SWAT 4 sound feel rather than MUH BUTLFIELD ORCHESTRA STRATS PLAYING.

>Play as caveira
>2 enemies left
>Sneak up on buck, down/interrogate him
>See Blackbeards icon a floor above me
>Start shooting through ceiling with shotgun
>He panics and runs into a kapkan laser

I used to go to the overwatch general back in the closed beta and I understand we're much better than that, but it's still by no means perfect

>you will never cuddle with caveira

>join a comp lobby
>game starts
>2 guys end up as recruits
>"why"
>turns out they're afk
>get kicked after the first round
>3v5 comp
>just want the game to be over
>the enemy team are dogshit so we keep winning rounds but not enough to win because they keep winning by virtue of having more players

Worst game I've had in ages
Why even join comp if you're going to be AFK, the fucking mongs

Play ranked, do Ubi challenges, do daily challenges

I'm playing the fucking Starter edition and I can rack up 25K easily enough by playing ranked, plus I've gotten so many boosters because Ubi has fucked with the servers lately, realised I have a 7 day booster for no apparent reason too

>join comp
>4 clan shitters
>well fuck, looks like i'm losing this one
>whatever, just play as usual
>their 5th random leaves
>we win because it's 5v4 for 3 rounds
gg ez ;-^)

>I have a 7 day booster for no apparent reason
Like you said, that booster was given to players because the servers were down this past Sunday

Do you ever play the game? Litterally rush plant and its yours. You dont have enough reinforcements to cover both sites.

Sniper Twitch drone incoming

twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/773913772817846272

Wait no holy shit

Nigga the increased range is nothing.

Thats a fucking shock drone in the preparation phase

>shock drone in preparation phase
I fucking knew this would happen. So Twitch will either become broken since she can destroy devices in prep phase of nothing changes at all.

RIP ROOK ARMOR BAG

Using Ramses’ inscription and Astour’s article, what is the narrative of the invasion of the Sea Peoples? What happens to trade in the Mediterranean after Ugarit falls? In what ways do the sources we have limit the scope of the narrative? If we know so little, why are the Sea Peoples even included in the narrative? Why are people (scholars and students) interested in them?

Am I on Veeky Forums?

I think that's just something they've done for testing, shock drone in prep phase would be absolutely broken and make twitch a necessary pick.

Wrong thread?

Twitch drone needs the ability to jump, longer range, and maybe shorter shock cooldown.

A bigger affect would be that the shock darts stuns the enemy, the enemy can't temporarily move, is forced out of ads, etc.

>become broken

Not really, drones arent hard to destroy, especially considering Twitch's is larger and they'll have to take a second to aim and fire at equip

As of currently she's a pointless pick apart from being able to use the FAMAS, her shock drone isnt really that good when you can just pack an IQ, thatcher or any competent teammate really

Changing the game isn't breaking it.

A handful of defensive gadgets are in danger for 40 seconds at the start, big whoop. You can kill the drone if it's in the room no problem, then set your shit down.

The only thing the Twitch drone is going to bring to the table in prep phase, is great initial camera destruction, a chance at getting a cheeky gadget destroyed, and potentially frustrating a few defending operators as you zip zap around.

THE FRENCHIES ARE MAKING A COMEBACK

HOLY SHIT

OH LORT OH LORT DREAMS COME TRUE

source?

Some BR on the Siege Facebook

VIVE LA FRANCE

What next, P90 becomes actually good?

>Twitch and Doc rebalancing
>Nothing about Blackbeard

OH LORDY LORD, THE FRENCH REVOLUTION COMETH! ART FAGS, REV UP YOUR TABLETS. WE MUST CELEBRATE!

I wonder of Rook and Montagne arw getting any changes. Rook is in an ok spot. The only slight buff I can think if is that you keep your armor after a down instead of losing it. For Montagne, to fix him would be to fix all shield users I think.

>melee a door
>EDD explodes in my face
This is fair.

Rook is fine, he has an ability many consider mandatory and one of the best SMGs. Montagne on the other hand needs to be fixed alongside every shield (excluding BB)

>Do something stupid
>Complain
No user, you're just an idiot.

Oh god that flat 50 hp heal. Hnggggggggggg.

Doc + armor = UNSTOPABLE. IF YOU DON'T PUT HIM DOWN THE FIRST TIME TOU ENGAGE HIM, HE WILL COMEBACK STRONGER TO KICK YOUR ASS

Don't melee so close or at the very bottom of a door (which I don't know why you would anyway)

I just wonder why you lose your armor after a down. I feel that is weird.

The only possible rook changes will be general buffs (P90 or 3 armor ops) Fixing Montagne would probably involve fixing shields as a whole.

The armor plates were destroyed.

Probably so you can't infinitely reset people's HP to 50.

Ceramic plates break when hit.

>40 HP heal
I wonder why they went with that instead of a flat 50.

>Buffing Doc instead of removing him
>Encouraging a selfish and less usefull Rook.

Why does the P90 suck? Is it a shit weapon or is the MP5 just straight better? I rented the game and ordered it off amazon almost immediately, it's coming Friday. I just remember loving the P90 as Rook but I hadn't given the MP5 a shot.

Show us on the doll where doc shot you with his revolver instead of his stim pistol.

Probably didn't want a full heal off DBNO'ing, reviving, then darting.

The P90 is fine, but the MP5 is one of the best guns on defense so why would you use the P90?

Kapkan and Frost are an OTP?

Well that's certainly fair then. I'll start running with it once the game shows up and see how good it is.

Wait its 40? I think I misread the original health so I did the wrong. Welp. This is still a good buff.

Woops only 40 hp? Still the idea still stands. Terminator sooon.

p90 is fine, but mp5 is one of the best guns in the entire game, not just for defenders.
Low recoil, good dps. If you want to be a pin point defender(on PC) - you need an acog, and p90 have to much recoil to be used with acog.

mp5 have such a good hipfire, that you can reliably hipfire headshot people in cqc.

How T-Hunt Renown grind? Last time I tried I got 0 Renown. T-Hunt Hostage House, Lone Wolf, right?