/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?

Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11176185
youtube.com/watch?v=SBtFxyxqaKY
youtube.com/watch?v=iReKJKs7XKI
youtube.com/watch?v=DZiq1aJeFCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for plundering sparkledog's jasper

SEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAA

>shitogre
Now delete this and make a proper general

That's a decent pr0n, an0n.

Are you a solo hunter, /mhg/?

strawpoll.me/11176185

>only one amatsu room up
>host is friends with one of the other guys, neither of them speak english
>host doesn't even have armor in all slots
>stays in base camp
>he and his friend subquest out when i break the horn
why can't there just be village amatsu and alatreon quests
why do i have to suffer for this

The entire series is about teamwork. This meme has been dead for a decade.

I think we need to start making crops from other doujins

>host is friends with one of the other guys, neither of them speak english
God I hate foreigners. What really gets me is the "fr?" idiots. Why do eurotrash always beg everyone to tell them if they're from the same shit country? I have never once, in literally 16 years of playing online games, seen someone say "USA?"

Gen is capped at 30fps, while 4U is at (not-consistent but still) 60fps. They had to cap it to accomodate the flashier effects and prettier textures, and most of the fanbase seems to prefer it so. Just google MHGen 30fps and look at the threads discussing it if you want a quick increase in blood pressure.

Capped at 30FPS because of the flashy effects.
You can thank Ichinose.

How long should an online HR single monster hunt take solo? Assuming you don't have end game seta or weapons.

"fr?" isn't "France?", it's "French?". Of course no one is going to ask if you speak English because anyone with half a brain does.

t. spaniard

>at (not-consistent but still) 60fps
4U is never 60fps. Fluctuates between 30 to 50fps solo against a Great Jaggi.

As someone completely new to HBG (made La Foi), should I be eating for Felyne Sharpshooter, or Temper?

>God I hate foreigners
Don't worry, foreigners hate you.
Tell me user, how many languages do you speak? Is it so hard to understand why people want to check if their teammates speak the same language as them?

Bonus shot adds 1 more shot to your rapidfire, effectively increasing your damage by 33%, which is leaps and bounds way above what any other 10-point skill can get you

The tradeoff is that you are indeed locked in place for that extended 1-more-shot animation. Its up to you to decide

20 min: you're doing something wrong, or doing multi hyper monster hunts. Which is still wrong in a way.

>I'm a retard and can't solo my quests, why must i suffer

sorry, meant to reply to

Sharpshooter. Avoid Temper like the plague, reset food if you get it.

What about metal raths?

What about them?

Danke schön

You sure about that?

random furshit has more shock value

Friendly reminder that if your non-status weapon doesn't have at least blue sharpness and 200 or more raw, then it's trash. I'm tired of seeing people in endgame with crap that barely hits 180 after power charm/talon or even atk up. Farming is faster than ever, people. There's no excuse.

I speak four languages, Mr. Salty.

And? Fuck France and the French.

True.

>farming
>outside a korean mmo

Nooooooooope!

Tbh the only reason euros speak more than one language is because the country that they live in speaks a specific language and the countries around them speak a different language, and most of the media like movies and such that actually matter are in english.

I'm sure if each of the 50 states had a different language americans would know more than one.
>inb4 b-b-but new mexico's official language is spanish!

Well there's steve rape
Also loli narga

I'm sure you do.

I run Ionian Gear for the elemental, and Kaiser Blade with Blunt. Fuck off.

>most of the media like movies and such that actually matter are in english
I wonder why. . .
Just kidding, I know it's because every other language is inferior :)

>And? Fuck France and the French.
Your original question was why do they ask. Isn't it easy enough to see that they ask because they don't know English but they still want to talk with people if possible?

Meanwhile people who speak English are the norm, everyone is assumed to speak English until shown otherwise, and thus no one asks if they're from an English-speaking country. How did you not infer any of this shit?

And who can also forget those Los x Lagi hijinks?

There's also that chibi one but fuck that.

What good does that do when elemental is the worst its ever been and you bounce on weak points?

I was expecting to fap to this doujin, but the last four pages resonated with me super hard.

>most of the media like movies and such that actually matter are in english.
? Euro countries dub fucking everything though. That's how you get idiot natives who never get the urge to learn English, the country makes it unnecessary.

>Narga, silverwind and steve weapons
>shit
fuck off retard

/MHG/ IS SHIT
/MHG/ IS SHIT

NICE WORK!

Does having a power barrel matter for elemental Pierce LBGs?

Can we fucking remove ingle island already

Dragon has the best wide elemental hit coverage plus the time theme looks badass and the massive strip of green Kaiser has is fine, green rarely bounces anyway.

[?]Brief plot summary? This isn't going to be like ME!ME!ME! again is it?[/spoiler]

Yes. The power of your elemental shots is deduced from your raw. However, if the gun has less than ideal recoil, a silencer is always preferable. One level less of recoil when it matters does much more for your dps than a measly 5% raw increase.

Whatever works for you.

Follow-up question: I should be taking materials to make more ammo during the fight, right?

Reminder to be hype for Stories

youtube.com/watch?v=SBtFxyxqaKY

Completely outclassed by tiggy, grimclaw, and hellblade as well as number of others when you have handicraft.

>Silencer reduces recoil

Shit I forgot about that. Though not optimal, does that mean I can make a Lost Musket set with Recoil Down +2 if I have shitty charms?

So Power Barrel for "Some" recoil, and Silencer for everything else?
Thanks, user.

99 Needleberries and Huskberries in case of Normal 2, plus a couple books of combos to make the combine 100% success. Put it in your gunner item set, always.

>elemental the worst its ever been

The fuck

I mean... You could eat for attack up?

Seregios has an eye our for Rathian to the point of being rather aggressive in more ways than one. Lewd happens it just ends on a bitter note. Good read just wasn't ready for that personally.

>tfw finally have a lvl 50 perfect cat after someone shared a world's strongest cat last night

feels good
optimal prowler

You'll be shooting Clust 2/3 with a bit of recoil, but yeah, at least until you get better stuff you can work with that.

Elemental pierce shots need Low recoil to be shot without recoil.

Seregios kills Rathalos and rapes Rathian. Then he wonders why she doesn't love him.

fuccin Steve

I actually did forget about that

The cherry on the sundae of sadness is this was Steve losing his virginity

it must suck not to be able to whack off

>implying I want to run some ugly clownsuit or charm farm for a thousand hours just to run handicraft so I can use some equally ugly and boring weapon to appease your autism

No thanks lad.

I want degenerates to leave.

So do it

Post Meowstress to make degenerates go away!

youtube.com/watch?v=iReKJKs7XKI

This looks cool

meowstress is degenerate as fuck

I want to be an edgelord.
Is there any good Gore Magala weapon this time?

No she isn't.

If everyone here watched youtube.com/watch?v=DZiq1aJeFCU we'd all be peaceful and happy through the power of the happy meowstress

>tiggy, grimclaw, hellblade
>handicraft

You'll be happy to know most BM Gore weapons are better than the Shaggy ones, so you're better off not branching and use the edgelord versions.

Eidenskraft is arguably the best Dragon CB.

I have a set with his Switchaxe, it's pretty decent.

Added bonus of it looking like a fucking ultra edgy purple grim reaper scythe

Degenerate spotted

>Using the axe mode

>implying everyone here finished village

That song is an insult to all monster hunter players, or at least the self aware non-kawaii uguuu obsessed cunts that let this happen
Generations was a mistake and i don't like the direction this series is going

Monster Hunter has always been full of comedy and goofy moments, not taking itself too seriously.

You're nu-hunter as fuck.

Different user here, I'd just like to chime in and say that I liked the credits sequence itself, but I wasn't a fan of the song.

I was referring to the "others" when I mentioned handicraft.

That shit gave me cancer. This game is so damn bipolar. One minute you're slashing up a dragon and feeling poison course through your veins, the next you're forced to listen to a loli spout meaningless lyrics.

goofy moments are fine
welcome actually
Felyne shenanigans in cutscenes from the yukumo festival to the street cook gambling with the wycoon are great

loli elf choreographed dance numbers are an atrocity

Guess Monster Hunter isn't for you. Stick to Dark Souls.

Every time I see the silly running from a large monster dash animation I question why so many people take this game so deadly serious.

>tfw panic running never fails to make me giggle

So fuck off, no one cares

Dark Souls is too dark, I'm asking for normalization. Figure out what damn audience you're catering to, Jesus.

>comedy
>goofy moments

This is only via NPC text. That Llamaloli karaoke shit has no place in monster hunter.

The Japanese audience and the weeb audience.
Both of which love this kind of shit.

That giant fat nyanter gives me the creeps.

>mining area 7 ancestral steppe

Would the Cataclysm Blade be better than the Tigrex GS or the Ashen Array at beating a water-weak monster? It's about the most-frequently mentioned example I've seen of a weapon that actually makes handicraft worth it.

The animation is silly, but it's to keep an eye on the monster
It makes sense even if it looks ridiculous

I just fucking hate how the people obsessing over meowstress see any attack against her bullshit as black and white, thinking i want something dark and gritty
I just want to see the game hold true to the world it presents: a light-hearted action game with some silliness tossed here and there
this music video shits on that

You can look just like him if you play a guy

Can even color the fur and shit. Use it with the ham hammer or frying pan for extra fun.

>being this buttflustered by a single video
>the people who hated it are the same people who liked the assembly
>"b-but muh edgy dragon slaying series!"
Did /v/ got another banwave or something?

THIS IS WHAT I FUCKING MEAN
GOD DAMN YOUR FUCKING ASSUMPTIONS YOU BLIND BABBLING CHILD RAPIST