/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

>SMTIV Final/SMTIV Apocalypse information
pastebin.com/Xmjsuv0D

Participate in the new /smtg/ sings:
collabedit.com/uvwta
pastebin.com/dKLqugTC

>MTII translation project
dmanufacture.com/t-dds2.php?build=5
(This build is downloadable and playable)

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/bd3Bgfj8

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>New OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/kmMsiz1d

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/YppqPPjf

>SMT If... Tips & Tricks:
pastebin.com/KiwVr9Vy

>Running Giten Megami Tensei in windowed mode with Chiitrans:
pastebin.com/0gguMLyL
pastebin.com/21W8HmWY

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WiUZ-Taprow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Threadly reminder that Garu is just a meme Zan.

What's with this meme Garu in Nocturne? Zan? What the heck?

Reminder that all persona is trash.

*except Persona 1

>fire
>ice
>elec
>" "force" "

Reminder that you will play and thoroughly enjoy persona 5.

Make me

I always assumed it was
>the 3 basic particle based energies
>plus Chi energy

I'll possibly enjoy it more than P4, although that's not exactly an achievement.

alright, i'll add in handcrafted dungeons with puzzles, new HD demon enemies, and social links that give you various additions to the battle system instead of just bonus experience.

"Force" is just a meme Blast.

It's still shit.

>and social links that give you various additions to the battle system instead of just bonus experience.
Just remove them in their entirety for fuck's sake. Atlus proved again and again that they don't know how to make consistent decent SLs. Just make the choices that show up during dialogue matter, make the relationship actually evolve in a more natural way.

Post random SMT artworks.

What is it about hoyman that's so handsome?

Literal perfection.

>fucked up the spoilers
Fuck.

>ywn be this attractive
Life sucks.

I miss Tera skills and damaging curse moves.

Hoy.

Why are you waifuloving spergs love to bring up demons as something extraordinary? Its just a bunch of preoccupied stats in vessels of 3D models which are pretty much worse than something out of PS2 era when it comes to P5. You guys sounds pathetic as fuck, its like you're desperately trying too hard to make us brothers-patricians to notice you, inferior beings.

Because it's a step up from the boring, repetitive P3 or P4 enemies.

> - How do you want your HD, senpai?
> - Just upscale my shit up!!

Why is this acceptable?

>Its just a bunch of preoccupied stats in vessels of 3D models which are pretty much worse than something out of PS2 era
user.
We do have the, as you say, "3d models from PS2 era" to compare. They've been made for NINE and recycled for every 3d SMT.

Is this falseflagging to make the Persona fanbase look bad, or is the Persona fanbase this insufferable?

What triggered you exactly? user have a point here, PS4 version looks like shit.

I don't really care about graphics or anyone's gaming platform of choice.

But it's obvious that you want to stir shit up.

/smtg/ i am dadga

The "just x my shit up" is common forum lingo, I think he just wanted to make a point about upscaling.

>projecting this hard
I am not even this user you was talking too.

>implying you aren't the one projecting

Why does he wear the helmet?

>implying implications

>I've been tasked with protecting the masked prisoners.

That's the way Doi designed him instead of sticking to mythology. He went with the life and death theme.

>sticking to mythology
is that autistic time again?

Tell me about Dagda
Why does he wear the Triskellion?

>a namefag
ask yourself, user.

It's supposed to be life and death theme. if SMT Dagda was really Dagda from Mythology, he would've rendered item shops useless with his bottomless cauldron.

Nigga, you're on a chinese powerpoint fishing forum. Autism time is 24/7.

Devil Summoner set in communist russia with a gun loving fat cat partner when

Never played SJ, does it go full ayy lmao?

Sure.

what does that even means

>filename
Do you even Debisama, bro?

You can't expect much from a fujoshit.

>fighting pillar Zelenin
>using neutral demons
I think Space Marine has to check his alignment.

So, DDS kinda sucks. Lame ass dungeons with shit encounter rates. Should I move onto Raidou?

Ayyy bruh, you trying to recruit a nigga? Lemme hold 5000 macca.
>Yes
Aight, cool but let me grab a Amethyst too.
>Yes

Bet! I'm Yung Thug, the Megami. We gon do this shit right!

Anyone else have any images of people wearing SMT-core clothing? This shit is fascinating.

Best post ITT

How far are you?

Either way you should keep playing. DDS 1 and 2 are pretty good.

DDS 1 is really boring until the last 5 minutes. The OST isn't even that good.

Is there any way to play Majin Tensei yet? Any SNES emulator translators or something?

>The OST isn't even that good
You whore

I'm about 20 hours in, doing the long ass teleport dungeon in the tower but holy shit, it bores me out of my mind. I grinded to get rid of everybody's weaknesses since I'm close to the end, that burnt me out, I guess.

Yeah, can't say I'm enjoying the OST too, sounds all too generic to me. Story started out alright so I've been pushing through but I'm not sure if it's worth it at this point.

Raidou it's pure shit don't bother with that.

I found it really forgettable aside from 2 or 3 themes. It's not bad but you faggots are always masturbating over it and calling it Meguro's best work.

>grinding
Well there is your problem. Maybe you would enjoy the game if you didn't play it wrong.

You're close to the end man, stick it out. DDS2 is better anyways.

The OST of DDS2 is much better in my opinion. But some tracks of the first one managed to stand out for me.

Of course every fan will have different favorites from Meguro's work, but I consider the DDS OST to be a remarkable work of his.

You are close to the end.

At least finish the game so you have save file benefits if you decide to move on to DDS2.
And like other user told you, you went through a horrible and unnecesary chore without a reason. The extra bosses and magatama hunts would have saved you all the time you wasted in grinding.

>I grinded to get rid of everybody's weaknesses
What a fucking casual.

I guess I'll give it a try again once I'm not intoxicated, maybe the liquor makes me bitter. Thanks, anons.

I'm too lazy even to change party members, user. What do you expect?

Not changing party members in DDS1 actually isn't a bad idea as long as your Serph complements the party.

Also unlocking hard mode in DDS2 from the get go thanks to the transfered files makes things worth it. It's a lot more unforgiving, it encourages you to use different party members mid-battle, and it makes many boss fights pretty thrilling.

What's wrong with Persona 2 IS and EP?

Is there an specific ending I should aim for in DeSu2, or will I be fine if I go blind and choose whatever?

Not changing party members is fine in DDS1, but you absolutely have to in DDS2 because party members will leave the party and it can screw you over.

Oh also, you could have just used shield skills to defend your weaknesses. You get them pretty early on.

Just go blind.

>having to cast shields in every turn for the final boss fight

user, that guy got burned out of DDS, and you are recommending him the most time consuming and excruciatingly boring way to take on the final boss.

Translation? Or at least a brief explanation of the joke?

Not for the final boss obviously. With the final boss you take that shit out in one turn so they don't get you.

I see, thanks for the heads up.

Not only that, using shields requires me to pay attention and I really don't want to do that. I've been going through the series in release order past few months and DDS is the only one caused me trouble so far. It really fucks you over if you don't pay attention to weaknesses.

Will I understand what's going on in the Triangulum story regardless of the ending I get?

Yeah there's a recap.

I actually went into that fight unprepared and hoping that elemental shields would cover up my weaknesses. But I found out that the boss has a way to fuck up with your party members, and after what was probably a 30 minute struggle I got BTFO in such an epic proportion that once I healed my asspain for the game, I retreated to do the post-game bosses, learned tons of other mantras, hunted magatamas and grinded in the areas where enemies drop incenses before going back to the tower.

Maybe I'm a big scrub and the final boss is easy if you know what you're dealing with, and know which skills you should use. But otherwise you should try to be as strong as possible to take on it.
But don't get me wrong, in hindsight this was a fun experience that made the process of moving on to DDS2 a lot more satisfying.

>requires me to pay attention and I really don't want to do that
You're more of a casual than I thought user. Maybe you should play a different series.

So, I'd have to grind anyway? Goddamn, I don't mind grinding that much even though I think that it's a waste of time but I'm glad I decided to grind early on.

Well, I practically steamrolled through KMT, SMT 1, 2, 3 and the Persona games except Persona 4 with the same attitude. I'm not sure what that says about Megaten.

Anything interesting on the if... stream?

I had to grind because I didn't learn elemental resists because I decided to have a balanced party, the rest was me being butthurt and going out of my way so I could kick the final's boss ass.

>I'm not sure what that says about Megaten
That DDS is hardcore.

youtube.com/watch?v=WiUZ-Taprow

What's wrong with these people?

>he snaps and goes full edgelord

I love it.

Which one of you guys did this?

>SMT IV: Featuring Dante

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

What do you mean by "us"?

Us

us memers.

Who is us?

Legion

The game.

>gap between JP and US release of IVF is bigger than between P5 releases
>people hardly complained about it

>smtiv golden
>awakening
>maniacs
>untold
>revelations

You. Dig here.
>Dig.
>Dig.
>Dig.

Dig.

I seriously hope all of you guys cancel your preorders after this cancerous memefest.

It makes me want to pre-order another copy.

Hardin please go.

Good.
That your grave.
[End turn]

>walking around Carina so I can get that sexy Matador
>it's been hours
>finally come across him
>kill him and move on
>need UMA Muzzles now
>every other Enemy search is Matador