/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, September 8th:
1264 – The Statute of Kalisz, guaranteeing Jews safety and personal liberties and giving battei din jurisdiction over Jewish matters, is promulgated by Boleslaus the Pious, Duke of Greater Poland.
1655 – Warsaw falls without resistance to a small force under the command of Charles X Gustav of Sweden during The Deluge, making it the first time the city is captured by a foreign army.
1944 – World War II: London is hit by a V-2 rocket for the first time.
>News
EU4 Rights of Man DLC announced

EU4 DD18/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-18th-of-august-2016.963425/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-18th-of-august-2016.963425/
pastebin.com/cCdcev76
pastebin.com/gThqFi54
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber_(media)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based Erdogan

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, September 8th:
1264 – The Statute of Kalisz, guaranteeing Jews safety and personal liberties and giving battei din jurisdiction over Jewish matters, is promulgated by Boleslaus the Pious, Duke of Greater Poland.
1655 – Warsaw falls without resistance to a small force under the command of Charles X Gustav of Sweden during The Deluge, making it the first time the city is captured by a foreign army.
1944 – World War II: London is hit by a V-2 rocket for the first time.
>News
EU4 Rights of Man DLC announced

EU4 DD18/08

>Random Country Picker

# Archive (mods only)

#Where to get these games

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1

Old Thread →
>>
Anonymous 09/08/16(Thu)16:23:54

Hey /gag/, I'm hashing out some ideas in my head since I am planning on writing my own gs at some point (I've been programming C since I was 13 I'm not an idea guy faggot).

Basically, I want to see if I can mix the first half of EU (1400-1600) with some Victoria 2 and CK2 mechanics (pops and characters mostly) as well as some original ones.

What would be important to you guys in such a game?

Already covered a bit of economics last thread

Just regular ol Patagonia.

Daily reminder this is a communist general that embraces weebs, race mixing, diversity, equality, welfare programs, degeneracy and general stuff us cuckolds enjoy

>>/pol/ STAY OUT!!!!

I won't play unless it's in pure scheme lisp

>anyone who likes hoi3 is pretending

Explain this meme to me.

HOI4 is objectively better.

I hope you're referring to that post, and not piggybacking it.

twiz

>nazis don't embrace welfare programs
hmm

>/gag/

what post

Wiz is a better game designer than everyone itt

>the remark you made in the last thread is now an anti-shitposting slogan
Nice. I like it.

Meneth is unironically better

I got rid of unemployment in my country without having to pay astronomical subsidies, feels good.

>grand autism general
I prefer it tbvqh.

what makes it a "slogan"? He's the one that made the pic. If I said something like "vive le gruppe" and then made an image about it, would it really be a "slogan"? he's just repeating his own posts.

It stuck with me, lad. I used to reply to them to tell them to fuck off but this way is better.

this one is a shitpost.

No, he's repeating my post not his own.

Can someone upload the CK2 DLC activator for me?

Thanks

Paradox purge when?

Never.

Wiz is based

>play as luxembourg
>join axis
>declare war on countries and make germany conquer them
>look how good i am
You can literally do that in HoI4 as well anyway, so any point he would have had is entirely moot.

Johan will kill him eventually

Well, given the response to stellaris and HOI4 I don't think they'll get what they want. But, as usual in this situations, time will tell.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber_(media)
Gsg suffers from this too every now and then.

Back to /leftypol/ with your degeneracy you go you literal cuck

>You can literally do that in HoI4 as well anyway, so any point he would have had is entirely moot.
Exactly. Watch any of Jake's small country LPs of HoI4.

BUT in HoI4 it's less complex therefore a better game according to wiz.

>Gsg suffers from this too every now and then.
In what way can an anonymous forum, with no system to hide or censor opinions become an echo chamber?

He complains about the micro in HoI3. But there's literally nothing wrong with micro, he might have his own opinion about it, but that's just his personal opinion. He doesn't understand that there are people who actually enjoy micro, that's why BICE exist, and he doesn't understand either that micro is the whole point and main design focus of HoI3, to be more like a wargame.

Peer pressure. Echo chamber effect is rarely caused by literal censsorship, but rather by people who disagree with general opinion leaving discussion, often because they are tired of hearing the same shit again and again. I for one can't stand GSG during american prime hours. It becomes such a wall of repetitive shitposting and /pol/ aping it just leaves no desire to take part in it.

Why do you honestly hate /pol/? I hear this boogeyman a lot but there is literally nothing wrong with /pol/ outside of the cuck posting and flag shit.

>He doesn't understand that there are people who actually enjoy micro
There really aren't that many any more since Paradox abandoned that section of their fanbase. One day it will literally just be a monthly counter of +1 and when you get to 100 you can win the game.

>there are people ITT that browse reddit

>there is literally nothing wrong with /pol/ outside of the cuck posting and flag shit.

This thread is reddit so I don't see the problem with that.

I don't hate /pol/. I hate 12yo aping pol with fake discussions about pointless topics. And while I don't visit the board myself outside of when I stumble on an interesting thread by accident, the board itself is fine for what it is, just like /b/ or Veeky Forums is fine for what it is. It doesn't mean I'm gonna visit it or enjoy it's content.

Because of falseflaggers like and idiots buying it like .
Happens literally every fucking thread.

How do you know it's not a samefag?

VIVE LE GRUPPE,
VIVE LE ROI COBRA!
QU'À /GSG/ ON DANSE,
EN DISANT COMME À RADYUGO.

Paradox abandoning them doesn't mean that they suddenly stop enjoying micro. HoI3 and BICE have a reasonable amount of followers, but of course nothing of that can compete against the revenue that casualization gives.

This desu

Le nom cobra (/kɔbʁa/) désigne plusieurs espèces de serpents venimeux de la famille des Elapidae, notamment du genre Naja, qui ont la particularité d'étendre une coiffe lorsqu'ils sont en posture de combat. Ils se rencontrent en Asie et en Afrique1,2.

I mean that that fanbase either stopped playing paradox games or moved on to Gary grimsby/other, Paradox doesn't care for them and they don't care for Paradox.

Why is he so cucking based, /b/ros??

he looks so nazi lmao

Is it me or is Johan really cute?

how do i join the discord

You just can't disable shattered retreat with HIP or am I just missing something?

You absolutely can.

HiP went police state for some reason. They removed a couple rules from the base game.

>implying he isn't

I'd put my diddle in his bum to be desu

Disregard this
Didn't know it's been updated.

need a new name for this

Something seems off about these empires, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

>gavelkind will fuck these borders up
fuck my life

>toast
>muslims are forbidden from toasting
Bravo Paradox.

Alright reddit lets do this

>Goal of campaign: seize control of my tribe, reform Tengri and establish an ordered Empire in the region (with all province building slots filled up)
>Optional goal: reach Bulgaria and re-integrate them back to their rightful liege

>>Rules:

>Only Tengri, game over if religion switches
>I should never lose my starting county or switch my empire; my primary title has to be Bulgar-related at any time
>The mongol invasion will occur in a random year (minimum 50 after the start), I should be well prepared to fight their doomstack off

lol what happened with CK2 all of a sudden

Go for it laddie, and keep posting

>769 start
>possible mongols in 819
Good luck.

>At least the Byzantines don't control Paris

Reminder that border gore was historical.

>he thinks that's bad
Portugal only exists in Paris, why is this allowed?

HIP is a mess when it comes to that

First rule as a tribal leader, always concubine the 3 genius 16 year olds the game generates at start

Only in the HRE faggot

Enjoy having those Mongol doomstacks run you over in 50 years.

Hello /gsg/, I stopped coming here just before stellaris got released

can you update me on what happened during my absense?

I think HIP destroys titles if they don't own any of its de jure land

Le liquor xDDDD
t. ALEX non-white brainwashed dirty Grandi

Found a good enough wife (with a possible alliance with the neighboring tribe, which will assist me greatly in conquering my own)

Get the cuck out you cucking cuck

Stellaris is shit, HoI4 is shit. EU4 may have now something with MEIOU's population mechanics. Shitposting continues here and not much more.

thanks, what about darkest hour for hoi4? any possibility of salvaging its innate shitty mechanics?

Hoi4 and Stellaris are a case study on how not to release your games, and why 2 flaghips in 1 year is a bad idea.

eu4 is still eu4, eu3 is still eu3

guy named hpm continues his work on his vicky mod, it's ok.

Ck2 is actually good, because it's finally runs well. Play with HIP or CK2+ for full expirience

Darkest Hour? You mean Black ICE? 1.0 is out but for now it's just vanilla with some more tech, some more focuses and some more flavour, not worth playing yet and still with a long way to go, but who knows what can come out of it.

>be new to CK2
>play Ireland because it's supposed to be safe and easy
>revolt with 7k troops spawns when I can only raise a bit over 1.2k levies and maybe hire 1.5k mercenaries

Wooowww dude, nothing I could do.

Bad luck m8

That doesn't happen often honestly.

>Domnall the JUST

>instant game over once you lose all of your land
>still can't play as a landless character

Fucking bravo Paradox.

desu you should be able to keep playing as long as you have at least claims to a title.

In future, if you are small and unimportant, it is wise to keep your revolt risk at 0, easiest way to do it (outside of not raising it with events) is ordering marshal to suppress revolt

>unite babby island
>manage to get a quick lass that will inherit wessex from alfred the great with my son
>the second step of my plan to form the irish roman empire is in motion
everything is going according to plan

J U S T

>only one county

What makes you think she will inherit?

That lad is actually doing quite well controlling his tribe. 2 years in and 2 provinces.

Might as well just assist him for now since he's my friend anyway

she's the oldest daughter he has and he has no male heirs, also
>murder

He has no male heirs yet. And if you murder him now and she inherits while betrothed, she will most likely break it and marry matrilinearly, so wait until they're adults and actually married.

won't she just refuse a matrilineal marriage when she comes of age if she's queen of Wessex when she does? It's happened to me before.