/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #414

"Last Rays of Summer" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and! to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11166372 (Vote!)
strawpoll.me/11013698
strawpoll.me/11054607
strawpoll.me/11083494
strawpoll.me/11088687
strawpoll.me/11103444
strawpoll.me/11107672

Other urls found in this thread:

lyrroht.tumblr.com/post/138244123211
ofhipsteriisms.tumblr.com/post/149402159831),
66.media.tumblr.com/f63bf44e238b6f49b2244d78b57d2516/tumblr_o3lyst2xhO1v9d2hqo6_100.png
grandpa-stupid.tumblr.com/post/140554025098/),
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And a little criticism: The characters could have been drawn more distinctly, or at least portrayed more so if simply by use of their bracelets or having Chloe's tat be visible.

By the way, there really is no "best" in art. But I'm sure you didn't mean it like that.

Yeah, the original piece was cut up ~just so~ that it seemed like they were at completely different places. Chloe on some cliff at the Arcadian shores, Max perhaps in a Seattle park on a bench.

And it's exactly that: the possibility that even they could find some degree and type of happiness apart... But together it's just so much better on so many levels - perfect, really.

Thanks, and sure: lyrroht.tumblr.com/post/138244123211

First for the one true queen who is cute!

>By the way, there really is no "best" in art. But I'm sure you didn't mean it like that.
I meant for you

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP

Max is #1

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

I would love to see more art done that way where it gets combined to create the full picture. It really does work exceptionally well there.
I agree with the first point too, I wish Chloe had her tat and they had their bracelets. Small details but they do add to it overall.

Max smells

I think it's at the very least a better way to show WiPs of your work, and obviously makes for more of an "experience" on your art blog, ties people more to you. You are telling a story not only with the finished picture, but also the way you release it.

Anyway, I don't think I have seen anything comparable in the fandom, and obviously you'd often have to adjust your workflow or even artwork itself to match the format.

user should maybe ask for people's favourite art pieces here again, and hopefully more will reply.

Like freshly cleaned laundry, cucumber lotion, and whatever shampoo she uses to achieve the floof of her hair.
So probably quite calming.

Homely, inviting, kind and a little peculiar because Chloe's smell lingers and mixes in.

Hey! She had them washed on Wednesday/Thursday and changed shirts every day!

Where did the cucumber thing come from again?

Some user just suggested it a few threads back and I liked the idea. No indication of it in the game itself.

Knew there was no indication, but it seems oddly specific. ...And oddly fitting. I for one embrace cucumber lotion Max. Her mother probably taught her how to make some herself, even!

Would Kate be the perfect wife? I honestly can't think of any downsides to her. She is flawless.

>Chloe
Cigarettes and cinnamon gum
>Max
What the other user said, fresh laundry and cucumber lotion
>Kate
Strawberry shampoo
>Victoria
Fancy perfume

Im not sure though, any suggestions?

I wish we got to meet Max's parents or at least learn more about them. It's easy to see how William and Joyce influenced Chloe, but Max is a little bit of a mystery.
I'm sure they're great since they're obviously very supportive and raised Max, but I'm curious who they are. What traits Max inherited from them and what she developed by herself.
I imagine Ryan being the one that taught Max how to stand up for herself and others. While Vanessa is the one that exposed Max to the world of art/photography.

I would have also loved to see Max return safely to them and bring Chloe with her. Even if they're a little surprised by how Chloe has changed I'm sure they'll quickly accept her and allow her to stay until Joyce and David have fixed everything up.

>Chloe
>Cinnamon gum
I like this. Must be a little bit of a spice when Max kisses her. I'd also say she has a slight scent of leather and probably wears some kind of cologne. Maybe the brand William used to wear.

As for Kate I would think Vanilla, shampoo, and a hint of older books like when you walk into a library. Nothing exciting but still nice.

Ryan looks more like a happy-go-lucky dude. Like he would be the one to take the blame when Max broke something when she was younger.
Vanessa looks like a relatively stern but very caring mother. She sends walls of texts and is the one to text max when she tells on Nathan.

Also the plaid shirt and beard make Ryan look more like the stereotypical borderline hipster photo nerd.

I thought it made him look like a lumberjack. He's definitely caring, but he also loves going to hockey and watching a good brawl.
If there's anything hipster about him; it's that he probably has a record player and listens to it frequently and believes that "It sounds better this way". Just like how Max enjoys an old fashioned film camera as opposed digital.

>Would Kate be the perfect wife

Ryan is the Dad Joker. And Max freaking loves it. Puns and dorky stuff, that's what I imagine she primarily has from him. But at the same time that backbone and strength, as you say.

I can see that her mother would be into interior design or some such; something artistic or creative. Maybe even a graphical type of job. And gentle, casually kind, genuinely friendly.

Overall a very unpretentious family though, and not overly demanding or expecting. Not obsessed with how to raise your child and stuff. But they also strike me as the kind of the parents that would have had a second child at some point it was feasible again. Max having a late young sister kind of seems fitting. Imagine what Max and Chloe would get up to with Maxine Junior!

Alas it will all remain speculation. A sequel with Chloe as the player character would really be great as pointed out a thread or two ago. As the second half to the story, giving us on the same note also the chance to see that Caulfield world, more insight into her mysteries - just like Max revealed Chloe's. And obviously that world's reaction to Chloe.

Obviously none of this will ever happen!

The idea with the younger sibling is interesting. Since I thought it would have been cool if Chloe had a younger brother or sister, let's say brother for this. One that was very little when William died so he doesn't have much memory of him or Max before she left. Let's say he's about 10-11 around the time of the game (So he was about five when everything happened)

But since he's younger, he sees things in very simple way. He thinks Chloe is like the coolest person ever instead of the fuck up many perceive her to be. Both Joyce and David are trying their hardest to raise him well and be good parents. He's really what holds the family together.
Sometimes Chloe feels awful since David just harps on her (Because deep down he knows she can be better), but whenever her younger brother just shows his love for her, she instantly feels happier. She makes it her job to protect him and to tell him about how awesome their father was.
Rachel was also really nice to him so when she goes missing, Chloe's brother is worried just as much as Chloe is. Then when Max comes back, he gets to see how much happier Chloe is and starts to realize just how badly everything affected her.
During the storm he was safe and being watched by another adult (Maybe one of Joyce's friends).

>I honestly can't think of any downsides to her.
Drinking problem.

Even if they don't have a younger brother or sister, there's still that day in the future where they will have/adopt their own kid. Then they can both be hella awesome moms.
That kid's gonna be spoiled as shit though. If not by their parents, then by their grandparents. Or by Kate and Victoria.

Why is Victoria insecure? Is she just jealous of Max or is it deeper than that?

She's too pure for any of us.

Her parents put her on a high pedestal and that creates the need to be better than everyone else.

I feel they could have written that and it would have worked. For what it's worth. Maybe the brother even having William's eyes or something. Well, maybe it would have been harder to really make Chloe's loneliness and some of her resulting issues as striking. If she'd had a brother, I feel like she wouldn't be as inclined to think everything's out to get just her and that she is doomed. Because there is her little brother and he lost his father too and can't even understand it yet. And he's also someone she'd probably want to be stronger and keep her shit more together for, precisely because he as you say looks up to her.

Anyway, the topic is something that I don't think was ever talked about much. Both Max and Chloe are only childs. There's obviously psychological studies on that and stuff. I don't think it necessarily adds anything to their personalities or characters as such, but it's maybe something to think about. I think narratively it kind of fits they don't have siblings. They were alone with themselves, kind of had to figure things out on their own without each other or siblings to confide in. But young siblings obviously are something different again. Dunno, not sure I have much more valuable to say about that. I have siblings and am pretty sure my childhood couldn't have been any better because of it. The most brilliant times with my older brother when we were on vacation and stuff, things and connections you just don't have with friends.

Chloe, Max and Kate are the best girls!

Not forgetting Rachel!

>no mention of Victoria.

I think they did fine as, and the story benefited from them, only children. It's just fun to think about what could have happened with a change like that.

Max and Chloe were pretty much sisters when they were young, at least that's the impression I get. The time spent apart and the foolish complete cut off of communication both messed with them. Chloe felt abandoned entirely until Rachel came along, and Max felt lost both in the world she was in and in her ability to believe in herself.
Those problems are only really resolved when they both reconnect by that point, the sisterly bond changes into partners and (At some point after the storm) eventually lovers. The result of five years of thinking and longing.

I have a sister a year younger than me (I'm 21, she's 20) and I feel like most of our childhood was spent either fighting or just indifferent to each other. It wasn't until we both went to the same college that we really became close and built a relationship. So at least in my experience, the benefit and closeness of having a sibling only really became apparent once we were older.

Must not forget Rachel!

i'd like to think she uses coconut oil! it's really good for the hair and skin too!

>R.I.P Hide & Seek Champ 2013

I'm torn now because I love coconut everything.
How about she uses cucumber lotion for her skin, but a coconut scented shampoo? Best of both!
Those two plus the fresh laundry scent would be hella relaxing to Chloe.

No one's forgetting Rachel!
Chloe and Max visit her occasionally in LA, mostly during summer, but sometimes Rachel flies to Seattle and stays with them for a few days.
And they don't always go out at night, sometimes they stay in and do comfy movie nights but Spirits Within is very much banned movie nights!

from movie nights

Oh these are cute, where are they from?

Sounds very nice.
Does Frank ever come along? Or does he just stay in LA.

I get the same impression that their childhood dynamic was very much sisterly. But it's obviously still something rather different from actual siblings.

I take it you are male, then? I suppose with differences in gender it is more common to have more differences and distance in siblings too, especially at a younger age. My brother's three years older than me and the way we understood and did stuff together, it's just irreplacably rooted in my heart and memories, and it changed me in ways I couldn't start to comprehend. Obviously something that still is the case today, but later in life it's not always been that easy, as it never tends to be.

And you can think this! But I'm sorry, I have already embraced cucumber Max and I can't easily go back on that.

At this rate she will smell like a supermarket's fruit stand!

Don't remember. I will try and look later. Maybe. Sorry.

Do you know how good coconut oil is for your skin?! coconut oil is amazing! I'm not fond of the cucumber thing cause it's too plain smelling and Max is just so awesome!

That's okay.
Found the newer one (ofhipsteriisms.tumblr.com/post/149402159831), I figure I'll somehow get to the other.

Yes, I'm a male.

>she will smell like a supermarket's fruit stand!
Max is the cutest fruit!

Some more cute shit in the meantime.

See this
What do?

Have it animated.

I know it's good. It's a great fruit both for food stuffs and for other products.
I can see the cucumber being a little too plain because it is a very subtle smell. If combined I would think the coconut easily overpowers it anyway.
But all of this is just fun talk so you can decide Max smells like pretty much whatever you want. As long as it smells nice.

Mission Accomplished!

I don't like it. I don't like this oversexualisation of sweet Max and Chloe, it really feels wrong. There's no point on making these characters more meaty and sexualised... it takes away from how Max and Chloe really are.

Ask for forgiveness because I've somehow wandered into someone else's home and come in during a clearly private moment.
Then excuse myself, leave, and go back to my own home.

It is you! I should have known, always on the prowl...

This is the source link, hope that helps: 66.media.tumblr.com/f63bf44e238b6f49b2244d78b57d2516/tumblr_o3lyst2xhO1v9d2hqo6_100.png

I just googled and found out blueberry shampoo exists. W- Would Chloe use that.

We are not having this fight! Maybe she uses coconut in the summer, and cucumber in the winter? I bet that even dermatologically makes sense or something!

Oh gosh!

She smells like coconut then! A nice hinted one where you really smell that sweet scent from close!

Also another important thing to discuss is:

does Max cut her own hair? It looks self cut to me.

Well do explain to me, how they really are. Because this thread is literally lesg. You must be new here

Agreed 100%. It's not right and it misses everything about their characters and personalities. I'm sure together and in private they can be passionate, but the people that over sexualize them or make them lewd in public have probably not played the game. If they did play then they did not pay attention.

Coconut in the summer and cucumber in the winter? hmmm.. ok! I agree to that compromise!

Wait...! Does this mean she uses pumpkin in October?! that would be qt!

So I guess our characters are just gonna ride a car for the rest of their life and not do anything else.

You're completely taking them out of character though. I also don't like the overdeviantart style romancing that goes on. The love between Max and Chloe is not very outspoken, it's subtle but it's very strong. it's pure, sweet, comfy and it's beautiful.

No, they'll probably have sex at some point. I'm just saying this these is about the timeline in the game. Not beyond.

I don't think Chloe would smell fruity/sweet at all. Whatever shampoo she uses is probably just some generic scent. Possibly a natural mint smell. Would the chemicals from the dye leave a residual smell?

It does looks self cut.

>''You're looking too skinny, Max.''

Lewd!

>I don't think Chloe would smell fruity/sweet at all. Whatever shampoo she uses is probably just some generic scent. Possibly a natural mint smell. Would the chemicals from the dye leave a residual smell?
Actually Chloe is quite a female still, she dyes her hair but her hair also looks very healthy meaning she must take very good care of it, I assume she uses something like a brand shampoo like garnier or some shit.

It's okay you can join us Kate

>Pumpkin
Please, no. I really hope Max is not one of the "It's fall, everything must be pumpkin!" freaks.
She is so much better than that.

Wow! That's a nice picture of them in the shower. Like I said, I'm sure they can be outright wild in the bedroom. But they keep it in the bedroom (Or anywhere else in their house) and between themselves.

Agree to agree!

Pumpkin?! I do not like pumpkin and can personally not approve of this! In October it is... almond? We really need to stop, I bet even Max doesn't care as much about what scent her skin lotion, body wash or shampoo has!

>does Max cut her own hair? It looks self cut to me.
We talked about this before. I can see that she'd cut it herself, or at home with her mom or dad. It's only been a month after all, so it could still very much be a cut she had done at home.

>Would the chemicals from the dye leave a residual smell?
I wouldn't really know, but I don't think it would leave much of a scent after a couple of washes. I would be surprised if the companies didn't make sure to make their products scent-less.

And yeah, just the thought of her aquamarine hair smelling sweet, but not overly so - hence in a blueberry way - was funny. It's probably something generic, at least scent-wise. But she does take some care of herself; she has that makeup stuff on her drawer, and a dedicated mirror. Max doesn't have that, not in her dorm at least.

Aren't religious girl very thirsty because of the lack of sex. Or since they don't know anything about it they ignore that feeling?

Surprise?
This came up (grandpa-stupid.tumblr.com/post/140554025098/), but I don't know. I've seen those before somewhere else, on twitter probably.

>not brooke
Well thanks anyway

I wonder how she looks with long hair.

Pumpkin genuinely smells good. There's no reason for her not to go for pumpkin smells in such a fitting and comfy season in such a comfy place.

Almond actually sounds very very appealing for autumn. Good choice. Max's skin is perfect so of course she cares!

I think her mum or dad would do a better job, her cut looks very self done and has that amateur crappy cut cuteness charm that in the end makes it look very nice.

I'm definitely not one of those that think Chloe tries to avoid being girly. If there was any fruit fitting for her, I would say it would be melon. Blueberry is just kind of pushing the whole blue thing.
I could also see her wearing a little perfume regularly, but on special occasions when she has to dress up she wears some of the cologne William used to.

You're right I haven't seen any Brooke lately

Fine.

Thanks!

Oh man I really can't stand melon pick something else! I don't want to associate Chloe with something I don't like.. I think it would just be something nice and fragrant but a simple soft smell.

That is definitely where I have it from! And yes, those other pictures I had seen around before myself. pixiv, I'm certain.

>Max's skin is perfect so of course she cares!
It's a video game, everyone has marvelous skin! I really can't see Max taking particular care of hers. Just like her hair are more messy not because she has a particularly amateurish cut, but because she doesn't use conditioner, towel-dries and doesn't comb.

I think Max doesn't care too much about it, but it is a pretty strange notion that she would only be at Blackwell a month and actually just go and cut her own hair. That's nightmare territory for most young girls, she would at least be reasonable enough not to do that I think. ...But maybe she did! You can think that, I can see what you'd find endearing there.

Sorry! I feel the same way about pumpkin so I understand.
How about green apples? Or just apples in general?

When is the lis sim coming to PlayStation vr

Apples are nice but I think Chloe really would use one of those shampoos that just have that soft light non overbearing smell. And you're right. Pumpkin and melons out! It's nice to compromise!

Well, pixiv profile nickname in moonrunes translates to grandpa something, so I'm inclined to believe it's the same person.

Chalk me up as another thinking Almond would be good for the Fall.
Coconut for Summer/Spring, Almond for Fall/Winter.

I think she's been cutting her own hair for a while now actually. Remember how her hair looked when she was younger all nice and tidy and clean and non messy? Cause it was done for her but when she started to do it herself it's an odd and messy looking cut that seems a very strange length and lots of odd looking lengths along it! Lots of girls cut their own hair and I love the amateurish look they have.

That sounds perfect to me. That's exactly max.

That was what I originally thought, that Chloe would just buy some shampoo that doesn't really have much of a specific scent. Just something she thought smelled decent and served its purpose of keeping her hair nice. Chloe's smell would come from her clothes, perfume/cologne, gum, and the slight smoke lingering.

Certainly nothing that would immediately make everyone look to the source when she walked in. That would be more Victoria or Rachel. Wanting to attract attention from the moment of their entrance.

...and the images have the same description as on tumblr. Plus they're stupid huge.

Autism

Yeah I agree with you all the way except with the cigarettes I don't think she smokes much so the smell wouldn't linger much or as you said a slight lingering smell thats so little it only adds to her nice scent and works together.

>cigarette smell working together with anything

When it's very light it adds to the musk of some perfumes

She doesn't appear to be a regular smoker (She had seven cigarettes at the start of the week and those seemed to last her to the end) so it would only be a very small hint.
Although I think she would stop smoking altogether just so she doesn't have to worry about getting sick or anything. Also since if she's staying at Max's parents house she would want to be rude.

Hey, where is my cucumber now!

But I will agree that coconut smells nicer. I can dig it, even if it's not particularly peculiar a choice and always kind of evokes feelings of jealousy in me by association with an ex-girlfriend that never outright cheated, but always was so close with other people! (I was pretty young, so it was nothing all that serious anyway.) She used coconut shampoo.

Their other stuff does look kind of varying in style, but I choose to believe it's their tumblr too. 100x100 will have to do for that Max!

Well, there is her hockey picture where she's like 14 or 15 at most and already has the same cut. And girls her age really cut their own hair? In school? I really don't think that's a thing. They would get made fun of for cuts like that, no?

I adore the look too, but not that of an amateurish cut - a messy and careless, cuddly and fluffy look.

Quite a relaxing and non-serious thread so far. I like it.
Comfy coversation that's adding to how we think the characters are.

Fug. somehow forgot the cucumber when that was something I also liked. baka. That could be a year round thing that she uses whenever she wants or feels like it's needed. It's so faint and plain that it wouldn't be noticeable unless you were very close to her after she just used it.

Exactly! And yeah with Max now in her life a good influence too she'll stop smoking once she realizes she doesn't need it at all. Max wouldn't try to convince her to not smoke or anything, part of Max's charm is accepting everyone for exactly how they are.

Yeah its actually very normal for girls to cut their own hair actually. Even my ex would do it when we were 14 and she was quite popular. Some girls get their hair done once in a while to really feel beautiful though but in general they won't really think they need it. Odd huh? I definitely think max would always be cutting her hair becsuse that's also totally such a thing she would do! And as you can see her hair cut a are very qt so there's no problem anyway!

>100x100 will have to do for that Max
:^)