Ecoboost thread: Honest edition

Read these and you can make your own mind up. What good is power, if it's going to last all of 3 minutes.

I'm no fanboi of GM, but you ford shills need to stop throwing stones in glass houses.

fordproblems.com/trends/ecoboost-engine/
carcomplaints.com/news/2013/ford-recalls-150000-escapes-that-could-go-up-in-flames.shtml?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=minisites?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=minisites
torquenews.com/106/2015-ford-mustang-ecoboost-recalled-extreme-underbody-temperatures
partsblog.olathetoyota.com/4383/ford-sued-ecoboost-problems/
ericthecarguy.com/kunena/common-problems-pattern-failures/55270-3-5-liter-ecoboost-issues
autoblog.com/2015/01/07/ford-ecoboost-poor-fuel-mileage-complaints-wards/
leftlanenews.com/ford-owners-sue-over-defects-with-35-liter-ecoboost-v6.html
brandchannel.com/2013/05/17/fords-ecoboost-brand-threatened-by-more-performance-problems-complaints/
pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1446484

Other urls found in this thread:

nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
consumeraffairs.com/ford-news-and-recalls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Agreed. I like the ford GT, i think it's cool as fuck but these ford shills keep thinking anyone who points out the inherent failures in design is a GM shill.

We're not, we want to see the GT succeed as much as you, so stop acting as cringe as GTR fanbois are on youtube comments.

Oh boy. Can't wait to see them justify this with excuses.

>M..muh GM is shit

100% they will resort to attacks on GM as if that has anything to do with their own engines catching on FIRE.

>Ford shills
>shills
>s

It's one fucking shill

My favorite one was when he compared a le mans prototype to the 918, saying it was faster because "v8's are shit".

Someone then brought up the fact the 918 weighs 800kg more and has a faster lap time, only beaten by the RADICAL V8.

He shut the fuck up quick smart.

A shill that just got BTFO.

This is amazing, thanks OP.

LOL

GM's car caught on fire like once or twice, that's like 150 thousand recalls due to fire risk

hahahahahaha HOLY SHIT

Still slower than the RXC TURBO 500R

I remember that, same thread he was lying that the ford GT has 700hp, when ford's own claim is a ballpark of 600.

He then tried to use the radical turbo (same engine, but lemans spec) as an example without realizing it's a le mans engine at that point and ford is not going to go that extreme.

Backpeddling ensued when it came out the 918 was only beaten by another v8 at the ring, with him trying to say "so what it's faster" yet it has no lap time.

NO LAP TIME = NOT FASTER

We run on proof here and you have none.

Citations in the OP, good luck.

You are BTFO, you have no argument. He's posted links right up until current year, those fires and extreme temps continue.

Why they aren't just saying turbo

No lap time.

Sure they're fixed?

OP's cited sources say otherwise, the recalls are still continuing. Seems to be a quality control issue.

Cause they think turbos are magical and they've just discovered it.

Ford shills are like babies who just discovered how amazing turbos are.

ECOBOOM

Oh my, what's this?

nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

1. Radical SR8LM
6:48.00 Watch Onboard ’09
2. Radical SR8
6:56.08 Watch Onboard ’05
3. Porsche 918 Spyder

Top 3 are all v8's!?!??!

No sign of the RXC TURBO 500R?
Fuck off until you have a lap time, until then your argument that it's faster is fucking meaningless.

PS: I am actually paid by ford, but not to shill and i'm not going to lie about our products.

All i need to do is mention TRINITY.

>2013
At least we agree the engine doesn't have problems. ;^).

>OP's sources say otherwise
No, they don't.

The RXC TURBO is faster.

>ps i'm actually paid by ford
Evidence?

No nurburging lap, not even worth discussing.

It's still faster.

Jesus Christ, GM shills are pathetic.

Is this thread really your attempt at shitting on Ecoboost?

Articles from 2013? Even when Ford updates their engines yearly?

lol

>Ignoring the 2016, 2015 and 2014 articles about the exact same problem.

Fucking top kek.

consumeraffairs.com/ford-news-and-recalls

Read right here. They are catching on fire for models right NOW.
I was impartial, but you are biased as shit.

Stick to GTR vs Vette, since you actually have factual merit there.

>electric vehicles catching fire
>seat issues in ford explorers
>2007 trucks catching on fire
>2011 fusion models

The only 2014+ Ecoboost cars with actual problems have issues with wiring or computer issues which cause the engine to shutdown. You still haven't even posted actual problems with the Ecoboost engine on 2014+ models.

All of these issues are before 2013 and the ones that are after 2013 aren't even engine problems.

Your attempts to slander Ford's Ecoboost engines are beyond pathetic.

I'm curious, do you actually like cars or is this board just particularly easy to get a rise out of?

That's not an argument.

This thread is a beyond pathetic excuse to try and make Ford look bad. By posting that article you just furthered my point that 2014 models don't have engine issues. You're an idiot.

Everything's an argument, friend.

But do you actually like cars, or do you just like the reactions this board gives you?

>STILL trying to change the subject after you got BTFO
lol, stay mad. This thread is a fucking joke.

>GM fangirls this assmad

lel

Man, I just wanted a proper vee ayte. Looks like I'll have to look at Dodge or the Germans for that one.

>This thread is a fucking joke.

Like the 100 ones you made.

Dude, you just lowered this thread's credibility to a lowest common denominator shitposting thread.

Owning an EcoBoost V6 (2011 SHO) it's kinda meh.

Biggest issue is DI carbon buildup, and a loss of power in warm high humidity areas. Coil packs are also a bit of an issue, but that may just be a Ford thing in general.

And yet its slower than a viper with a v10 boat anchor for a engine block

I can tell you never ecoboost. Go shove some more pushrods up your ass gm faggot.

Still enjoying my EB Mustang, purchased in November 2014. No problems apart from the underbody heating TSB.

Pic related, the big ol' FMIC I replaced the tiny original one with.

Get a catch can! They're like $100 and will completely prevent that. I put a UPR dual valve on my car.

>Get a catch can! They're like $100 and will completely prevent that.

From what I understand it's hit and miss. If I decide to do anything to the car performance wise, I will do that as well however.