/parag/ - Paragon General

New Waifu in town edition

Previous Thread: >What is Paragon?
Paragon is a new MOBA developed by Epic Games, owner of the Unreal Engine. Powered by UE4, it has most of the trappings of other MOBAs: 5v5 objective-based games, heroes, lanes, towers, minons and so on. The game has a fantasy sci-fi feel to it. The game is available on PC and PS4, featuring cross-play and cross-progression. It is currently in open beta.

>Do I have to unlock heroes?
No. Like DOTA 2, all heroes are free to everyone. What you can purchase with in-game currency is a character's Master Challenge, which essentially lets you unlock extra skins, taunts and boosters.

New hero release: youtube.com/watch?v=k0dHjhh-Ftw

>Download
epicgames.com/paragon/download

>Heros
epicgames.com/paragon/heroes

>Forums
epicgames.com/paragon/forums

>Popular Decks
agora.gg/decks;sort=-votes

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/xtsEB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What a fucking loser. posts first for dekker when he's the OP

That aint dekker you loser.

OP made a second post dork
>first for dekker

to keep the thread from auto-saging

tfw played with a lvl47 Gideon as Dekker ...we recked shit.

also bamp

bamp?

You've got to be the most annoying tripfag ever

Right up there with Lucifer, but at least he's not a newfag

neither of those were me

At least you know I'm referring to you

Just keep bumping the thread for me

somebody needs to bump this shit, looks like we're out of things to talk about

why are sparrow players so autistic?
Always auto lock.
Always feed
Always flame

It could also be that we're SPLIT BETWEEN TWO THREADS right now.

Gadget is best girl.

Sparrow player s rely on wards if you see they have not bought any wards just grab them your self and stay on there side of the jungle.

Post tier lists

This. Sparrow has no mobility, no mitigation, and no crowd control. Literally all she has is damage. If Sparrow isn't warding and is pushing, fuck her up.

Thisx100000000

Fuck sparrow and her shitty players

I don't know how core it is but most really good sparrows I've seen run Blink Charm.

who's the safest carry?

I love playing Grim, he has such a game changing ult

Twinblast.
He's also Da Bess.

WAS da bes. His dash got a chunk nerf, and he's not doing as much damage. He's even on the chopping block to get a complete kit makeover.

A good Grim

Is this b8

I have yet to find a good Twinblast in game. Every single one I've played with/against feeds and doesn't understand the fundamentals of the game.

Once I found a Twinblast who actually knew teammates could travel through Gideon's portal and we steamrolled the other team with suprise twinblast/meteors.

Anyway, I'm interested in trying out Feng Mao and his kills are kind of neat but the cooldown is too long to use them more than once a fight. Is he the kind of guy who gets by just holding down the left mouse button or should I build some CDR? I think there's a rage card that gives attack speed and 10% cdr as long as you're in battle, I don't know if that's enough for something without any damage or survivability but MindFlow isn't much stronger and seems to make a huge difference whenever I take it.

Also Severog's stacking mechanic looks fun but I run out of mana too quickly. What's the best way to keep myself out there and building up damage?
As a side I see people talking about how stacks also give you other stats but on the character page it only adds damage to his Q. Is all that outdated information?

Severog just requries a lot of mana potions early game. it's not suprising if you grab two mana potion cards just so you can not back to base every 30 seconds.

>tfw leveling takes fucking forever because most of the matches last up to 55-60 minutes.

That's why they need to increase cxp dropped from minions so we can get to end game faster.

It's already pretty high. You just need to get every single last hit you can, all the time. You can max out in about 30 minutes if you know what you're doing.

i play support .... my life sucks

I had 3 surrenders in a row (victory for me of course)
2 at 20 1 at 35
Make them lose hope

I even saved some moth that fell in my coffee like 3 minutes ago.

Then they need increase the non last hit cxp to at least half and not 1/5
Fact of the matter is end game takes to long to get too. Laning is more than just patiently last hitting. There is an enemy pressuring as well.

>people who used pref role/lane as a bio for their play style and not how they'll play that game

at least they were wins ...

How am I supposed to learn this game and keep playing when I get the most toxic hate mail for every screw up?

I also love the 5/20/1 kallari telling me I'm garbage lol

you pay too much attention to retards, make sure you retreat when you use the retreat command.

>tfw drum orc is unplayable
Sad feel

In exchange, Sparrow has the hardest scaling of all the rangers and is one of the hardest hitters in the game. Plus, she's not as reliant on mana as the other rangers; shit, her ult is just super-buffed basic attacks with increased range, damage and spread. The secret is not to use your hail of arrows to clear lane all the time. Focus on patient last-hits, and regularly harrass the enemy laner with your piercing shot (RMB), since it has such absurd range. If they get close while laning, take a few potshots at them and force them to back off. Be a bully if you can get away with it, and don't be ashamed to retreat under your tower at the first sign of trouble.

>Enemy picks sparrow
>Gank them all game because they have 0 escapes
>B-But wards!
>Travel mode :^)

If the enemy picks sparrow I always win.
also this is high diamond to master tier elo.

Why should i play Paragon over other mobas?

It has actual graphics.

True, but what if I don't care about graphics; the least important part of a videogame?

Then fuck off, impoverished blind autist.

Like SMITE, Paragon is different from other MOBAs in that it uses a third-person behind-the-back camera and WASD controls. Unlike SMITE, Paragon takes full advantage of the Z-axis: you can aim up or down, the map's terrain allows for multiple levels of elevation, and many abilities take advantage of the verticality.

That aside, Paragon has a few of its own unique gimmicks. The biggest is the card system, which is basically a character-specific item shop that you as a player can customize before the game. Plus, instead of item recipies, you're building the item itself and slotting upgrades in the items. Also, the map features harvesters: little outposts in the jungle you can build that passively generate amber ("gold") and can be collected to provide that amber to the entire team; it's the stand-in for passive gold flow in other games, especially since they're interactable and can even be destroyed.

Also, it features PC/PS4 crossplay and cross-progression, and there's upwards of over 1 million players at any given time.

Its community is growing and the devs love to give out free shit on a weekly basis

She's not warding deep enough then.

It's actually fun and enjoyable.

>They are people on right now stuck in silver league (fury)
Literally how?

dont be a cunt, tripfag. although i suppose thats rhetorical

beautiful unreal 4 with amazing attention to detail
3-d space, where you can jump down on enemies, fire from above, drop into the jungle to escape.
new characters every 3 weeks
dota-like system where all characters and abilities are free from the start with unlockable skins and randomized card system
the card system which lets you build decks before hand and customize to your playstyle, while still letting you change on the fly in-game and change decks depending on your opponents picks.
It's free, so i'd say give it a try as it's so unlike typical dota-like's that it's hard to explain.
Literally the only negative i can think of is lack of is the sheer amount of new players which makes the initial grind to a higher level a bit frustrating.
Also matches can be 30-90 minutes, which can be bad for some, good for others.

The smite/ paragon format is unique to the top down and paragon does it better in terms of jumping actually having some sort of impact and the vertical terrain making things much more dynamic.

Stealth pads in the jungle that make juking and out maneuvering people very, very rewarding.

The card system will be great once crafting is introduced. Being able to build your own decks/ item layouts is completely unique to paragon, and allows for a different style of balancing within the game and a much larger variety to experiment with.

Riot games is not the developer.

Steve Superville is the religious conduit of MOBA gaming.

Dekker

Is there an easy way to obtain the poison card for Iggy?

wait for card crafting

That is not coming out this year

Just started playing. I got to paragon level 4 but player vs player matches are still locked, saying they unlock at paragon level 3. Am I missing something?

They raised it to 5 without updating the UI. Play another match.

Oh, alright. Thanks friendo

Do you guys play together?

The general is fairly new, so there's no regular Veeky Forums premades yet.

Game needs a public chat room with sub chat rooms built in. game needs a Veeky Forums chat

discord is an option.

if someone makes a paragon discord i'd join it

Every Iggy build i see is not using the tainted magic. Are you guys sure it's good for him?

People around here are saying Tainted Magick is I&S's make-or-break card, since it procs on every tick of his abilities.

The Church of Steve Superville.

discord.gg/xtsEB

Is backpedaling the same speed as moving forward?

When you're sprinting, yes. I don't know the exact specifics of regular movement, but I don't think there's a movement penalty when you're not moving forward.

please remove the string "DOTA 2" (modulo caps) from the op so it doesn't show while searching for the dota general, thanks.

No, It upsets them. It's the perfect plan

The correct way to search for that general is
>ctrl+f "/d2g/"

I mean, that IS why we have the generals tagged that way

The instant invite is invalid or has expired.

Is there no penalty for running now? I never get rooted

Also what are the conditions for the inhibitors to come back?

I wasn't expecting a game so early in its life to already have a character as complex as a mana control caster. That's actually really impressive.

i joined off of it like a minute ago

I think the "root when caught in travel mode" is gone now, since travel mode is now involuntary.

In the jungle is the big jungle boss, the Prime Helix Guardian (doesn't look like this as of this last patch). Kill him, and he drops his Prime Helix Orb. Once you pick it up, your position is constantly flagged on the map, and the announcer warns that the prime orb is on the field. On the lowest ridge of the map, between the T1 and T2 towers, is a drop-off point you have to run to with the orb.
There are three things you can do with the Prime Helix orb:
>Hold onto it yourself and make yourself stronger
>Dunk the orb into the enemy's drop-off point to activate the prime helix buff for your entire team
>Dunk the orb into your team's drop-off point to restore all destroyed inhibitors
tl;dr - To restore your destroyed inhibitors, you must kill the big jungle boss, take his orb, and dunk it in the drop-off point on your side of the map.

one thing I'm kinda missing from this game is hero chatter? like each of my games seem so quiet.

Paragon's heroes don't banter, yet. Right now, they just grunt, shout and cry.

Discord now kills this general

Kinda predicted it happening, but we can still bump this shit until more people show. We'll use discord for communication and groupies mainly. Don't sweat it.

>discord
>tripfags
>threads too early
>multiple threads
they grow up so fast :')

People don't believe in (You)s anymore.

:')

I just hope that her drone is strong enough to actually do anything. Pugna's ward has the same -mana regeneration but it's only effective if you max it out before your other skills, mid-late game people have so much mana regeneration or just mana that it doesn't do anything on that end. Another thing is that it's not going to have the obscene range it has in dota2 and people are way more mobile in Paragon than they are in dota.

I'm pretty sure we're doing ok for now. We can transfer the discussion in here.

How dead is this game. How long are the queues?

queues are pretty short.

I'm pretty sure having over a million (concurrent) players means the game isn't dead. Queues don't take longer than three minutes.

Queue pops are always nearly instant for me.

Never had one go for over a minute

Queue times are generally under a minute.

Alright I'll give this game a whirl.

She also has a remote bomb that restores her own mana if it hits an enemy, as well as an ult that does damage based on your target's missing mana.

Teamfight Belica will be such a nuisance. Drop the drone in the middle of a fight to drain mana and zap enemies for using abilities, drop her bomb for extra AoE, use her line knockup for disruption, and then at the end of the fight, when people are out of resources and trying to break away, execute them with her ult.

If people don't know how to ration their mana and abilities, Lt. Belica is going to teach them how.
YOU GON' LEARN TODAY

Where do peeps keep pulling this million from?

Someone took a snapshot of player count from somewhere, and it listed over one million players and over 70k games played for the day.

It makes all of us look good, play a populated game and shit.