Dealership thread

post your dealerships
r8 h8 masturb8

i do not have a dealer?

Whatchu need mang?

i do not work at one? i don't own one etc

Dat soft?

At Nissan right now. Much slower than before, but I'm guessing that is because it's the middle of July.

>Posted in another thread

>Bought used Subaru Legacy
>Being a dumbass I also bought the warranty
>Would hear a crunching noise whenever my foot was on the brake and I turned the steering wheel left
>Was most likely the tierod ends
>Checked, boots were shot
>Alright. So I can take it in to the dealer and have them fix it for free or I can pay for the parts.
>Took it into the dealer
>They kept the car for a month and a half
>Refused to give it back
>Gave me a loaner 2012 ford fusion ecoboost
>Only after I threw the biggest shitfit 2weeks into the 'servicing'
>Get my Subaru back
>"Yeah so we replaced the power steering system"
>"We also broke _____ but you wanted the car back soon so"
>I asked why the power steering system
>"Well there was metal in the filter"
>"So the total is going to be $2600"
>No fucking way, fuck you. I have a warranty that specifically states POWER STEERING SYSTEM FULL COVERAGE
>"O-oh well then it's going to be $100 for the deductable"
>Okay fuck you just give me my fucking car back

Pieces of shit. First and last time I've ever taken a car to the dealership to get serviced. Bob Penkhus is the biggest pile of shit, I really hope other dealerships aren't like this.

The buying experience was painless but they try to get you in for maintenance like every 1,500 miles when the recommended interval is 10,000.

I guess ford will pay them for it but I don't have that sort of free time.

They also have shitty parking for people looking to browse/test drive, very few spots and very tight.

It's like that with the parking at lots of dealers. Hundreds of spaces on the lot but they are filled up with hundreds of cars and you end up having to park in the back by the service area or some bullshit.

Hendrick VW of Frisco.

Great place with lots of nice people. My car was in their shop for about 2 months, but it wasn't their fault. They were very helpful and extremely nice. They do good work, and their dealership is very nice and clean all the time. They even have a little shop where you can buy some cool VW-related stuff.

Texas

Same person here.

Not only that, but when my car was in the shop for so long, they easily put me in a new rental and paid for it all because they didn't have any more loaner cars. I know that's kind of expected, but they offered it first, and I thought that was pretty cool of them.

Anybody here who works at a dealership?

What are people's thoughts on decorating dealerships? Does it make them gaudy or unprofessional, or does it seem eye-catching?

I work at my dealership, sooo you know, it's awesome.

We try to do our best to keep our customers happy.

yes.

Sometimes we have to get parts that haven't been released yet, had a car that waited 3 months in the shop for an ignition switch to come from Korea. Nothing we could do about it.

Idiots who don't know anything about cars won't know what they want and figure the car out after going to a dealership; decorations and such will help in this instance. People who aren't complete morons find the car they want online THEN go to the dealership, unswayed by decorations.

>experiencing issues after buying a new car
>subaru qaulity

Mercedes-Bnez of brooklyn
i used to work here, fuck this place. new owner came, got rid of all the old people to bring in his own. nothing but a bunch of snakes, liars and cheats work here.

Used to do business with a small town dealership because the assholes in the city were useless and didn't know anything about cars. I had purchased a warranty when I bought my car and had a couple of things go wrong with it over the three years I drove it.
>Chev's faulty ignition. Car is one of the thousands listed under recall.
>take it in and ask for repair
>they try to charge me for it
>mess up when ordering replacement parts
>sister in law hits giant pothole and cracks rims on passenger side
>dealership say they have to order new rims which will cost hundreds
>"i dont fucking care if theyre not matching rims just put some on so i can drive out of here"
>"alloy rims tho"
>they have a garage with a stack of steel rims for $80 each and keep talking about the alloys
>tie rod ends need to replaced later
>takes them a month
>winter of 2013
>power steering goes
>a case is cracked and whole system needs to be replaced
>nearly $5000 worth of repair needed
>go to small town dealership
>super courteous and seem to know their shit
>get everything ordered and put on in under two weeks

If I still had a Chevy, I'd deal with them again.

jesus fuck the power steering exploded? what kind of shitbox does that

This sounds like a Cavalier I once had...

>Ignition switch died
>Starter died
>Power steering high pressure hose literally explodes
>Rack and pinion only has powersteering when turning left, not when turning right

That's when I sold it. Fucking Cavaliers.

wow what the fuck

its hard to believe this can happen, sounds like you live in a third world country

The GM with over 100K, bruh

even then my god what, once it hits 100k miles theres a switch in the ecu that trips and lets the car break?

100k miles is really not a lot

This bad boy had 155,000 miles on it before everything shit itself. It was a 97. Before the Ignition switch died my key would be hot as FUCK when I took it out of the ignition. This car was so much fun to drive but all the issues were garbo.

155k miles is not that many though. it should not have broke. my car has just over 300k and i have only changed the water pump and brakes. even the alternator is stock

But you're forgetting one key point here

>90's chevy

why should it matter? it should not break no matter who made it

No, it shouldn't. But it did. The amount of 90's cavaliers that have caught fire are also pretty high. Shouldn't have happened but it did nonetheless.

The people at that small dealership sound like pretty cool guys from the way you speak about them.

How do people decorate their dealerships, anyway?

>Be me
>be driving home
>see car dealership >"WAIT, ARE THOSE BALLOONS?"
>"I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE ATTACHED TO, BUT I'M BUYIN ONE!"
>Balloons are the ultimate business tactic

kek

Went to Toyota to look at a Prius, and the iA.

Seriously thinking about leasing the iA, just no money down.

>Go to stealership because they have a very reasonably priced Isuzu Trooper with medium high milage (£1200, 130,000 miles, 3.1D)
>Tell salesman I saw it on the website, would love to take it a spin and buy if it check out
>He goes and gets plates and keys, we go a wee drive
>Drives good enough, gear box is a bit tough but whatever
>Entire time the salesman won't stop trying to upsell me on a BRAND NEW 0 MILES ONLY £299 A MONTH FULLY WARRANTED TOYOTA LAND CRUISER
>Keep telling him no I'm only interested in cheap used 4x4, I'm not paying ONLY £299 A MONTH (for only 10 years) for a brand new one
>He won't shut the fuck up about the BRAND NEW 4x4s they have
>Get back to dealership, say I'll buy the trooper
>He goes to get the paperwork
>Second salesman steps in to tell me about THE GREAT OFFERS THEY HAVE ON BRAND NEW 0 MILES FULLY WARRANTED JEEP COMMANDERS
>Tell him to fuck off or I'm not buying a damn thing
>He backs off
>First guy comes back
>We go to sort out details
>He trys to sell me a warranty, tell him no
>Trys to sell me a service plan, tell him no
>Makes sure I don't want A BRAND NEW TOYOTA LAND CRUISER WITH 0 MILES FOR ONLY £299 A MONTH
>Stand up, walk out to my current car
>He's following me the whole way trying to get me back to buy the Trooper
>Figure one last attempt
>Start back to sign the papers
>He actually has the gall to try and sell me a BRAND NEW TOYOTA LAND CRUISER WITH 0 MILES FOR JUST £299 A MONTH
>Walk out, ignoring him the entire time, drive away, buy a Trooper off gumtree for £900
>Tensioner breaks yesterday, engine is junk
>Back driving my shitbox again
>Start wishing I'd bought a FULLY WARRANTED BRAND NEW TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FOR ONLY £299 A MONTH

What is even the point of balloons? I get it if they've got your logo or something on them to get people's attention, but what the hell is the point of tying bunches of balloons to cars? Are people supposed to think "Oh man, this looks like a party, I should buy something" or what the fuck?

Apparently it's been proven that sales increase 10% when you tie balloons up

No idea why, something about advertising

10/10 made me kek

I work at a Subaru dealership.
Also.
Anyone that works at a dealership that isn't a mechanic is sperg.
Mechanics get bitches.

Dealerships?

Probably just some advertising tactic to attract the attention of kids and get their parents to go there just to shut them up.

You know what? Get the dealers lurking this thread to post their balloons and see if it increases the speed of posts by 10%. That ought to solve this shit.

Von pls. Midgets don't count as bitches.

I've wondered that for year. What is it about balloons and those giant inflatable gorillas and dinosaurs and shit that makes every car dealer have them?

The vivid colours might make them stand out.

Yeah dude fuck warranties.

belt tensioner? monica thats a easy fix

Not when the timing belt slips off and the pistons marry the valves

oh, i was thinking the serpentine/engine belt

If only, guess I deserve it for buting a 3.0 with 240,000 miles (289,000 now) and no service history

>Be me trying to lease a 2016 Camaro SS
>They have to order the one I want because im picky
>Get a call after 2 months that the car is there
>Salesman wants me to insure the car right now before I even see it
>Nope
>Go to the dealership
>My salesman is busy but says its in the back and I can check it out
>I see a few camaros but none or the one I want
>I tell him its not there
>He says sure it is and fucks off back to his customer
>Another salesman ends up helping me find it, very nice young kid
>After about half an hour the young kid says follow me to the car we found it
>We walk up to a beautiful 2016 blue camaro SS
>But wait, wheres my NPP exhaust?
>You were suppose to get NPP exhaust?
>Yes
>Well do you want to test drive this car, it sounds great
>I really dont, heres the paper that says I was suppose to get NPP exhaust
>Im so sorry blah blah blah, kid tells me he will call me tomorrow
>Never get a call
>Call the kid
>The kid tells me the original salesman took over my case and was suppose to call me
>That nigger never even bothered talking to me the whole night I was there, I want you
>He says ok come in, you can test drive the car and we will order another one
>I go in and my original salesman is waiting outside for me
>Motherfucker
>End up test driving with him and ordering another fucking car with him BUT WAIT I can only get a 2017 now.
>Fine give me the 2017 but the kid said you guys would give me free stripes on the front sides of the car (costs like 295 from the dealer)
>Well blah blah blah
>No nigger I want it
>Ok ok

This was about a month and a half ago, I checked online to see my order status and chevy told me they wont begin making my motherfucking car until the first week of august. Im going to end up getting the car in September. Its a fucking summer car, not a fucking winter car, I am so fucking pissed. If this fucking dealer doesnt give me a good deal im going to kill someone

kind of weird a new car dealer is selling a car with that many miles. my old place always sold them to auctions

The one I actually bought came from a private seller on gumtree (bongland craigslist)

If you mean the 120K one they upsold me out of buying, I guess they got it in part ex and decided it was worth selling

Why wouldn't they just order the other exhaust and swap them?

this pasta is stale

Its not that stale, ive only posted it once or twice before

They cant because when you get the NPP exhaust you get a special little setting in the cars touchscreen that lets you control the volume of it and this setting only comes with NPP installed at the factory