What's going to happen to his cars when he dies?

What's going to happen to his cars when he dies?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Commodore#Second_generation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They could turn the garage into a museum, or auction them all off.

Probably depends what his will says.. Same as every one else

I buy them for three fiddy each.

maybe his wife keeps them
but i bet his buddy jim has dibs on a new

>implying the chinman can ever die
He'll simply take on a new form, one clad in denim and chrome.

I hope they keep it as a museum. I doubt he would let them sell em off.

Do you really think his collection is museum worthy? I mean, there are some real oddities among it, but the clear majority are just well preserved examples of relatively common, random all-time classics. It's like he googled "the 100 greatest cars of all time" and simply bought most of them. His show always makes it look like he's got the most eclectic, unusual car collection in the world, but most of those features aren't his. There would be no value lost in giving the few really special cars to established museums and selling the rest to other collectors who no doubt would also care well for them considering how much most of them are worth nowadays.

Jay leno wont ever die what the hell is the matter with you jesus christ kids these days

Legends never die

Not like Smithsonian Museum worthy or anything, but there are tons of more local museum collections that aren't anything too crazy but still attract people.

At least donate some of the rare stuff to an existing museum or collection and auction off the more modern and common cars.

That's an awesome miat. I want it

Doesn't he have the only L10A/B Cosmo in North America? Thats museum worthy on it's own.

Hopefully his wife will put them on CL and hilariously undervalue them

Please tell me "The Jay Leno Collection Museum" doesn't have a ring to it. It'd be another easy money maker in California, and it legitimately has some iconic and rare vehicles in it. Breaking up the collection would net a quick buck, keeping it and displaying it could rake in a lot more.

who cares it has leaf springs. also made for midgets

>made for midgets
>he's too fat to fit into a normal sized car
americucks

i am 196cm tall mate.

sure lad

stay mad manlet yuropoor

All crushed and recycled into cans

>implying average americans are well off financially
lel

I'm not the one that can't drive cars because of what a freak of nature he is. How does it feel that cars aren't designed for "people" like you?

I have no idea how tall that is. Use normal units please.

So, are Liberia and Myanmar good company in your alliance of inches?

Canada, actually. I have no idea what my height is in centimetres unless I look at my driver's licence.

>He doesn't know what cm's is

What 3rd world shithole are you from faggot?

>uses km/h on his speedo
>doesn't know what a cm is

stay mad manlets

>1907 Steam Tractor NEED GONE ASAP, obo-$200

The vast majority of Canadians still use the Imperial system for people's heights and weights, and for measuring food and drink, even though packaging is almost exclusively SI.

There's a white one for sale at a shop called Fantasy Junction in Emeryville saw it not too long ago

In many industries too. Any carpenter I know here in Newfoundland will measure cuts in feet and inches not centimeters. I'm an electrician, and I buy wire in feet not meters.

It's kind of a weird mix of the 2 though, when referring to speed most people say km/h and road distance in km, but weights and smaller distance measurements are usually imperial.

i hope they all get crushed

the used car market would definitly go way up for classics

Crush a one-off car, it'll make the other examples more valuable.

This. If nothing else, he probably has it written into his will for his garage to be a stand alone museum. He already has mini featurettes about several of his cars which could act as a source of info for guests.

Honestly, I think it'll be a part of his eternal memorial. Jay is big enough just in car culture to have that level of immortalization. While other posters are right that several of his cars are very generic, this is also the man that owns a fucking Chrysler Turbine Car.

Even the more mundane things like his basic Challenger SRT are low VIN models with custom options. Nothing he owns isn't neat in some way.

I wonder if it's mostly due to Canadians being stubborn about the changeover, or just because of American media constantly reminding us to use Imperial.

Arguably the common cars are the ones that need protecting the most because those are the cars that normally get driven into the ground

He actually doesnt keep most of his vehicles. He fixes them up and auction/donates them to charity. When he dies only the really rare one will probably make it into a museum, the rest will be given away or sold off.

Canada didn't change over until '77 so anybody born say 10 years or so before that will probably still use Imperial. I was born in '81 but honestly I'd rather use feet/inches and fractions than metric. For speed I'm used to MPH too, since any car built before '77 here will be Imperial and my daily is a '73.

This, he did an interview years ago about this. He sells cars to cover costs. He runs it as a business, so he get's tax write offs for alot of things.

All of the cars will be auctioned off, museums and collectors are the only legitimate buyers for the expensive stuff that will appreciate. The trash will end up in the hands of idiots who don't know any better.

they only made one because they were so shit

This

The number of mint classic whatever greatly outnumbers the number of mint 1981 Toyota Starlets and W126 Mercedes Benzes

Viking funeral.

I don't think it's the largest (Sultan of Brunei) but isn't it the most diverse private collection in the world? Leno's got a little bit of everything. That's the appeal.

yeah. It could be a Jay Leno museum in it's own right, covering both his cars and his late night career.

I'd visit the "Jay Leno Museum"

Hopefully he has it set up to be turned into a museum. If his wife sells shit off I'll be upset. The car world needs more Lenos that don't horde their collections and never drive them.

The garage will be converted into a tomb while Jay Leno regenerates over the course of a hundred years.

Conan gets 'em.

Until....

This. Look how rare an old Toyota Corolla is, or a Jeep Grand Cherokee from the 80's. Those were common vehicles but they're fucking unicorns now.

KE30/KE70 are starting to appreciate but are still beater shit boxes for the most part. Finding a rust free example though? Yeah, good luck.

Some of the weirder trims are appreciating like mad though. TE71 and some of the AE86 trims are hitting absurd prices. One near me went for just under $30,000 about two months ago.

Cars should be driven not in museums.

Fuck car museums.

Pretty much this. There's a shitty but extremely common car in my country called the Holden Commodore and I'm not kidding when I say there are no near mint examples of the 90s models in existence, all of them are completely trashed and neglected.

Car museums preserve and archive valuable automobiles.

What are you gonna do when every mint Honda City Turbo, or Suzuki Every Joypop Turbo, Citroen SM or whatever car it is is driven into the ground and there are no factory fresh examples left?

Saw a near-mint VL Turbo Calais manual sell for 25k recently.

I mean more the 90s gen like these ones

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_Commodore#Second_generation

Pretty much every one I've seen has fucked up paint, fucked interior or has just been obviously driven too hard.

I can't remember the last time I saw a clean VN or VP.

The only time I've seen a clean VR is probably when I saw a brand new one that my uncle bought. I've never seen a decent condition once since.

Got a near-mint '91 Legacy hiding in a garage. Used to have a Torana with it but a relative gave it away not knowing what it was...

Atleast they were driven to death instead of sat in a musuem.

Fuck car museums, I hate them so much.

>giving away a Torana
Oh man that sucks. Funnily enough my uncle also had one of those but it was stolen from his house and was found parted out and dumped at a construction site a week later.

Yeah they were going on an extended holiday and wanted to get rid of the cars. Without calling me to check what they were. One was a Torana, other was an AE86.

An AE86 too? Whoever bought them walked away laughing if that and the Torana went away dirt cheap. It hurt to read these posts.

>Bought
I wasn't kidding when I said "gave it away".

They assumed they were old shit boxes and weren't worth anything.

There was an E30 M3 shell that got left in the yard to rot away as well. Just makes me mad.

They literally gave them away? Fuck man I can't handle this.

>Fuck man I can't handle this.
How do you think I felt?

I'd of probably cut contact with the relative permanently if they just gave away my cars, whether they thought they were valuable or not.

The Legacy only got left because no one they knew was willing to pay the extra few bucks a tank for premium. Yep.

Oh to add insult to injury, the person they gave the Torana too converted it to LPG because they thought the petrol was too expensive for it.

Fuck me m8 this is so incredible I keep second guessing if it's real or I'm being trolled. I know people can get the value of cars wrong but giving away for free is just on a whole other level.

I wish I was trolling you.

Basically they had a bunch of cars and most were shit, crap like an old Mazda 626, first generation Magna, a couple old Lasers, etc. When they couldn't get $500 for the Magna or the Mazda they just started giving the cars away to people they knew. The Torana and the AE86 were in the mix and the E30 got left to rot in the yard since it needed an engine.

It's just too sad. It's like some kind of bad dream. What are you driving now mate?

Mainly motorcycles at the moment but got an old Landcruiser with a dodgy LPG system in the drive to move shit around.

Also got an E36 in pieces but I'm probably going to put it back together and sell it off to buy a Cappuccino for a Hayabusa swap.

Yourself?

Wait a minute.. postieanon?

Am I that easy to spot?

Well I only know one poster with a motorcycle and an E36 that's being built. It's a shame it's going to be sold, it's a 328 isn't it?

Pic related since you asked.

>It's a shame it's going to be sold, it's a 328 isn't it?
Yep, with the non-nikasil engine. Not much a shame to me, I love the E36 overall but I'm wanting to go faster and in something considerably scarier to drive.

>535i
318? 535i are such great cars to drive. I've been debating grabbing a VX SS as a run around car but eh.

Yep, 535. Great great power.

There's plenty of pretty good scarily powerful cars around for sure. Commodores being the cheapest probably if you want a V8 or a i6 with 3.8l. I'm not sure about V8 BMWs though, I'd like one but BMW V8s are a little troublesome if the BMW general is to be believed.

I'm just going with a turbo 1299cc in a ~700kg car. Should be pretty terrifying.

I very rarely hear bad things about the S62 in the E39 but I haven't had much bad luck with BMW engines in general, outside of shattering that pulley.

Got any particular cars in mind?

Yeah I think the E39 and E34 had good V8s but I don't know about other models. I at least know the E31 V8 is a little trouble but by far better than the V12s.

>Got any particular cars in mind?
Yep. Most of the design and mock ups are done. Mainly trying to work out the fab bits and electrical crap now.

I've been fleshing the choices out on the /dat/ Discord if you're wanting to know more.

I haven't used the discord yet, do I need to make an account or do I just go on?

There's a link in the /dat/ OP. There's very basic verification on that server so you'll need to make an account. It's really just an email, confirm it, and you're done.

OK, I'll check it out tomorrow. Has everyone just moved over there now? /dat/ seems silent.

Not everyone, but a lot of people yeah. It functions a lot like IRC so it's a lot easier for chatting.

The whole Dickscord thing is some nonsense someone is trying to force. Occasionally they pop into the server and try to post pictures to "prove" it and get banned within seconds.

Should probably kill the meta talk though. Gone off-topic enough. It's pretty obvious who's who on the server once you join.

Yeah we kind of took over the thread. See you on the server mate.

How much do u want for the 328?

No idea yet. I won't be selling it until I have it running again.

They'll probably be auctioned off sooner or later. Even if he's named specific beneficiaries in his will, I don't know how he expects them to expend his money to maintain them unless he's named a museum to take a few of his cars. Either way, I doubt that the cars will remain together.

His collection is ever-evolving. Very few of his cars are mainstays in the collection that have been with him 20-30 years. He recently uploaded a video of his truck that he was donating for a charity auction.

>196cm
>1.96m
>x3.28 (meter to foot conv)
>6.46 feet tall
>46x100/12= 3.83
>the nigger is 6 foot 3.83 inch tall
>now you know how to convert imaginary babbyunit to real world applicable measurement customary masterrace

You could've just divided the cm by 2.54 to get the inches, and then subtract the largest possible multiple of 12.

crushed

>MMXVI
>still using some pagan bullcrap instead of proper, pope-approved, civilised units

Everything will be wrapped in blue denim to preserve it.

>bash short story about how he get the car and some random bullshit
>suddently becomes museum worthy

they're gonna get sold at a premium since they were leno's cars

>implying classic car museums don't exist
i don't know which idea he would hate more donating his cars to museums to fall into disrepair from never being driven again, or auctioning his cars to ultra wealthy car collectors who will only ever drive the car to the annual pebble beach concourse until they can sell the car for an even higher price down the road.

Don't worry, i'll keep my VX in perfect condition

I'm just going to have a single project car and when I die I'll just tell them to leave my body in the driver's seat and park it in the woods.

Some countries use the metric system, the rest land men on the moon.