BMW engineer here who knows a little about future plans. AMA

BMW engineer here who knows a little about future plans. AMA

tripping so people can't impersonate me

Will you make more cars like the M2 in the future and return to your roots of making practical, fun, sports cars?

Or will you continue to pander to the growing Chinese/Indian markets by building bloated tech loaded isolated luxury cars in a fruitless effort to compete with Audi and Mercedes Benz?

And why do you guys obsess over using plastic/bakelite and rubber in the weirdest fucking places even places they shouldn't be used. Seat gears, water pump impellers, clutch/brake pedal bushings, balljoint cups, etc. WHY? Is it because the EU mandates a certain % of the car as being biodegradable?

Who cares? New cars are shit. Bmws especially since they don't have dipsticks.

any clues if they are working on an electric motorcycle? whats your job?

M760 in the US when?

Also, any plans for a 5 series wagon in the US again, or was the '10 535xit my last shot?

Are BMW going to make anything exciting?

All they ever seem to do is make generic German 4door saloons and suv's. It's very boring just looking at a BMW.

make bmw continue making square body cars fagoot

Make BMW great again

Bullshit. You don't know anything. 2/10. I responded

will bmw ever stom making shit cars aka x6?

stop*

OP ded?

OP was captured trying to steal data from a secret government facility. The current whereabouts of OP are unknown at this time.

>X1
>X2
>X3
>X4
>X5
>X6
no question OP. just kill yourself

Eh, the E53 X5 wasn't bad for a first attempt. The X3 and X5 aren't terrible for small and mid-size SUV's, either.

Though if you have this much issue with the X's, but don't care about the GT's, maybe you're the one that should consider suicide.

Sorry guys, had to go for a while. At home now so I can answer questions.

For the most part, unfortunately no. The vast majority of the revenue comes from the numb, boring cars and the bean counters at the top want to push more in that direction. Of course, there will also be the halo cars like the M3/M4 because that's how we keep our "sporty" image, but don't expect any "normal" fun cars from BMW in the near future.

I'm not sure about the timing of that car. For the wagon 5 series, I'd guess it's because not many wagons are sold in the US?

do you know if a lot of the pwople that working on the e46/e39 who still work at the company were shoved to the 2-series? It seems like that chassis had the most effort put into it

does bmw take cadillac seriously as a threat considering they make objectively more fun and better performing cars now?

>do you know if a lot of the pwople that working on the e46/e39 who still work at the company were shoved to the 2-series?
I'm actually not sure about that.

>does bmw take cadillac seriously as a threat
lol no. We seem to be riding on our reputation of being a "sporty" brand and prestige, which is enough to keep BMW more desirable than Cadillac. Also, the build quality on our cars is better than Cadillac's.

Will there be a new 8 Series?

>tfw live in a world where brand recognition of being sporty can be ridden on for decades without actually making sporty cars
kill me

is bmw at least proud of the positive reception the 2 series has had? including the m2? or do they not give a fuck

What is it with BMW and so many nonsense cars. I mean the 6 series has always been a 2 door GT car, and making a 4 door version makes no sense at all.

When is BMW going to make something good looking again? The E30, E24, E26, E31, Z1, and Z3 are nice lean sleek looking cars and now everything just looks fat and bulgy.

Will BMW finally get rid of it's regular shitbox looking analog gauges and finally use some different EVERYTHING?

BMW is as boring as Toyota Camry nowadays except with flashy tail lights, angel eyes, and obviously the "BMW" (break my wallet) badge.

Not that I know of. But that might be above my paygrade.

Our engineers are proud of it because it's actually a really fun car. Not sure what the bean counters up top think though. They seem to care more about profits than being fun and sporty.

Z5M is never going to happen is it?