/drg/ Danganronpa General - Nagisa Edition

Last thread hit image limit Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE

>Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

>DR3 information
pastebin.com/EHN94ivH

>DR3 Anime Episodes (Click to find episodes and stream link) [INSERT UPDATE HERE WHENEVER A NEW EPISODE IS UP]
pastebin.com/7HZVRaUH

>Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

>Killer Killer manga revealed to be Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-09/killer-killer-manga-is-revealed-as-danganronpa-spinoff-in-3rd-chapter/.101865

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts.
pastebin.com/kR2TPg9r

>DR3 Openings and Endings
pastebin.com/VZa1MtcE

Other urls found in this thread:

proprofs.com/polls/poll/?title=which-guy-should-be-in-the-next-dangangames-with-more_1
proprofs.com/polls/poll/?title=which-girl-should-be-in-the-dangangames-with-more-girls_1
nyaa.se/
pastebin.com/Ta38za81
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks pryle.
that helps a lot.

TRAITOR!!!

Nagisa is such a cutie
I hope he's doing well

i just want chisa to be ok

>Post YFW time travel shenanigans are introduced into future arc and the final episode of that is them going back into time, and into Despair Arc's twelve episode, undoing and fixing all of Junko's wrong doings.

I mean, I want that bitch to suffer, but doing a cop-out of THIS extremity and without any prior forewarning besides from one joke in DR1..

This weeks POLLS are out later than usual but please VOTE on BOTH I appreciate everysingle vote and I will love you forever if you do! You can vote as many people as you want, As many times as you want!
Boys:
proprofs.com/polls/poll/?title=which-guy-should-be-in-the-next-dangangames-with-more_1

Girls:
proprofs.com/polls/poll/?title=which-girl-should-be-in-the-dangangames-with-more-girls_1

Are you a nagisa poster now pryle?

Nah, I like Nagisa as well.

Does anybody have a link to stream?

Hey /drg/ I heard a rumor in Towa City that you're a bunch of autists
I'm betting it's true

Link to stream what? What do you mean user?
Everyone has their opinions! I'm sorry yours is negative but I can't change that. I hope you have a wonderful day user.

and i bet you're sedentary.

I heard you yo'mmas AHO.

I'd like to have some gamedays with /drg/, who's interested?

Be quiet user, Chiaki is sleeping!

I'd be fine with that, but I'd probably not come on too often.

It would depend on the game for me, I would be willing to lead a platoon or a squad on a game like Insurgency or something.

There is a source mod game that's pretty easy to run and could certainly use the players, also got a quake engine game we could play as well.

False. The actual ending is Hagakure having a prophecy and being the h iro all along by warning everyone with 30% accuracy.

Sleep well Chiakers!

Do you hate Mukuro now, be honest

Hey Akapo are you still here?

yes

I don't hate anyone, why would i? I do despise Junkposters though. There is something about Junko what makes anyone who post her a childish insecure dickhead. This is just my empirical experience of course.

The episode.

I remember hating Junko (In a good way) but not mukuro.

Latest episode sparkled my hatred of both characters.

Dude I love Junko posters because of how bat shit goofy they are.

nyaa.se/
Here you go.

No, in fact I'd argue she is my waifu now.

She's a horrible piece of shit.

So my answer is no, I love her

Screencap this!
Unless someone can contradict me--which I'm hoping for.
How boring if I've predicted something like this.

Hey, /drg/, so how about that new episode today.
Who wants to speculate with me?

I have at theory regarding Yukizome, the possibility of her infected with Despair, how Nanami could actually have eixsted (although I cannot say with certainty whether or not she did/does), Alter Ego, and the Neo World Program's origins.
And then, we'll talk about prime husbando Komaeda and how and why exactly he's done some of what he's done in Despair Arc--and how he could know everything.

First of all, we have to acknowledge that Munakata is huge a fucking hypocrite and has feelings for Yukizome, but the rest of the world can suck his Hope Dick because he doesn't care how many people he has to kill to get rid of Despair.
Likewise, if you're a killer, as long as you don't have a chance of being infected with Despair, he clearly doesn't care as the last chapter of Killer Killer demonstrated.

The Neo World program was built to rehabilitate people, which Munakata would clearly have no interest in.
Random ass people infected with Despair? Fuck 'em.
Slice, dice, punch, and kick 'em with ya boi Juzo.

Tengan, on the other hand, would--at least, after he'd "softened up", which could have been a direct result of watching Naegi overcome Junko without ever shedding blood himself (which makes him more a beacon of Hope in his eyes than Munakatta, which is could be the root of Munakatta's despising Naegi from the beginning--remember, Juzo had that corpse dressed as Naegi before SDR2 actually happened or it would appear so chronologically since we see Kyoko in the Killer Killer manga)

We know that the real Miaya Gekkougaha created the Neo World Program, and it's a massive system. It would have taken a fair amount of time to create.
We know that it already exists by the time UDG takes place.

Something like that would have taken a long while to build and was no small feat.

It was made specifically to rehabilitate people. Even if it was in the works prior to The Tragedy, it had to have become something of a priority for money and time to still be poured into it to the point it was functional in SDR2.

Where we are in Despair Arc right now, Sainoji has gotten taller but Fuyuhiko has not. He's still short.
During the first episode of Future Arc, we see Fuyuhiko fighting the Future Foundation with his men and Peko, and Yukizome is there.
Fuyuhiko is taller and has his eye patch. So a lot of time has clearly passed.

In this last episode of Despair Arc, it's hinted that Yukizome was brainwashed with Despair. She wasn't immune to it.
But if that's the case, how was she fighting against the Despairs in Future Arc? How was she let anywhere near the FF?
Is Junko having her act the entire time? The way she has Mikan act?

That...would be kinda obvious from a writing perspect.

So here's my theory, and Nanami ties into it, too:

The first time the Neo World Program was used, it was to rehabilitate Yukizome, and it was successful. Or appeared to be.
Yukizome remembers being the Remnants' teacher, but her own memory of being Despair was overcome.
No one else aside from Juzo, Munakatta, the real Miaya, and possibly Tengan would know about this.
Munakatta would keep that on lock.
Anything for his waifu.

Munakatta specifically poured funding into and had the Neo World Program either completed or built from scratch for the sake of Yukizome (furthering Juzo's envy towards her).

A theory going around right now is that the TVs in Future Arc have to do with the traitor, that maybe the traitor is someone who wakes up and kills under the influence of the TV and doesn't know, or that the traitor is multiple people--regardless, if the TVs have anything to do with what's going on in Future Arc at all right now, then it should be noted that during the scene where Yukizome is fixing up Makoto after Juzo punched him, there's a giant screen in the background.

Despite being rehabilitated, it's possible that Yukizome could lapse back into Despair Programming if exposed to the right footage or visuals.
If Yukizome is the Mastermind or tied to it, it's possible that it was willingly, and that the real Mastermind intentionally dug out her programming--which would mean that the real Mastermind would be someone aware of that programming to begin with.

Now, where does Chiaki tie into all of this?

There are two possibilities: that Chiaki was a real person, or that she never was, and all of this in Despair Arc is a simulation.

First, let's speculate about the possibility of her being a real person.

The AI Chiaki was constructed by Alter Ego in SDR2.
Chiaki refers to her dad as Chihiro and Alter Ego as her brother.
It seems a stretch that Chiaki was a real person--ever--because of the fact that her and Chihiro's birthday are the same, that Chiaki knows very little about common knowledge, and down to her pose and appearance in the official art it was hinted that she wasn't real.

However, what if Chiaki was a real person, but very little was known about her?
It's entirely possible that Chiaki was a real student, but someone that died or either disappeared in the apocalyptic chaos, but played enough of a significant role in Yukizome's classroom or life that she had to be simulated for Yukizome's original NWP session.

Alter Ego did not create the NWP, but could have very well looked over the data from Yukizome's session and taken an NPC from it to craft into the student needed for the session or the Remnants.
It would explain why she shares Chihiro's birthday, and why she doesn't seem to know much "common sense" sort of knowledge. Her original character was modified to fit the needs of a student observer on Jabberwock.

Now, whether or not she's real, let's talk about the possibility of Despair Arc bein a simulation.

It's possible that Despair Arc is a simulation meant to rehabilitate the Remnants not before they entered HPA, but to make their memories there more enjoyable.

Then why is everything still going wrong?
Why isn't Nanami doing anything?
What is with Komaeda?

Theoritically, I'm suspecting that it's like a virus scan.
Nanami believes that she's real. She's observing everything as she naturally would if she were real.
She's watching everything that's gone wrong.
And then she's going to go back and try to correct it all the best that she can.

Some of the students--the survivors--are either NPCs, or everyone except Hinata has gone back into the program.
Hinata wouldn't need to go back into the program because he wasn't a part of the original class, and their falling to Junko and Despair would have nothing to do with him.
We only see him in Future Arc, watching the oncoming fleet.

Are you sure what trying to excuse and explain shitty kodhacka writing and holes in plot is really worth your time?

Ye, I already typed it all out, friend

Komaeda, however, knows that this is a simulation, because he figured out that Jabberwock wasn't real, either.
Whether or not he figured out that Jabberwock wasn't real is up for debate, but it's Komaeda. I know, I know. Most of you hate him.
But you can't deny his intellect, his help during the trials, and that he was always one step ahead.
And in fact, if not for Chiaki sacrificing herself, he would have gotten exactly what he wanted in the killing game.

But that's neither here nor there--let's say he did figure it out.
And there's a possibility Mikan also figured it out (we already know that she can act like her "old" self).

But if Komaeda figured out that Despair Arc is a simulation, he's already trying to prevent The Tragedy, and would know that Nanami wasn't real, either.

It would explain why he knows all about Junko's plans.

(It would also explain his setting up the gym to be bombed--I know, Seiko, Ruruka, and Izayoi were ACTUALLY suspended. That really happened. But in Future Arc, they haven't specifically said that it was the bomb incident. All we know was that they were expelled and it involved a "weird drug".

Tensions were high after Sato's murder.
In the original and real timeline, it's possible that due to this tension, something happened at the exams between Fuyuhiko and Mahiru (and by proxy, Peko and Hiyoko), and Komaeda wanted to prevent that. )

But is it something Komaeda would do, anyway?
Yeah, but we know this, which is exactly why there could be more to it.

He's set on killing Junko. Knows where her base is. Takes Chiaki there so that she can watch him kill her, so that she can see that the purpose of this NWP session is completed.

Komaeda wouldn't know this session is only the "scan". All he would know is that he's in a simulation and that it's purpose is to prevent Despair.

[/spoiler]
...And so, there you have it.
That's all I've got.
I'd love to speculate.
If I've looked over factual evidence here, please, point out my contradiction!

Also, a pastebin because wow sorry guys I didn't realize I'd written so much

pastebin.com/Ta38za81

Komaeda being expelled then rejoining makes a bit of sense too, he's made it out with his bullshit luck and willingly re-entered the program, this time with full knowledge but still slight amnesia.

This would explain while he's got a gun and just went straight for junkos bullshit room right away.

>chiaki never was a real person
>the events that led us to DR1 where all a simulation.
>not only that but the chain of events also led to DR2 and DR3
>they are trapped in a simulation for around 5 years.
>mfw DR2 was a simulation inside a simulation

totally discarted. this looks more like an excuse to say that everyone is alive even the members of DR1

Not shitty, its just kodaka mixing normal level mc's with one-men-armies characters and see what happens. plus a high level of mech-tech.

I've yet to see real magic that isn't luck or Gundham's effects in all that

Also grimdark, know the term?

The episode was alright. Needs more Chihiro
This is a really nice theory. And I'd really hope that the second possibility. But if Komaeda knew everything why did he hesitate shooting Junko? Or why did he not know about Izuru?

there people that Like Nagito so anyone still liking her have their right

Simulation of a simulation would work considering v3 is a soft reboot.

He knew of Izuru, but not that he was already working under her.

The events that led us to DR1 weren't a simulation--we just see them replaying inside of the current NWP session is what I was saying.

But he asked who he was? Why would he need to ask who he was if he already knew him.

The idea of Katana poking Miaya and telling her to build the NWP is kinda funny.

I can imagine Miaya trying to do her job and Munakata nitpicking about details and shit, with probably Juzo too on his side.

Some things won't 100% transfer back with him and given izurus talents he probably knows he's in a simulation and willingly enters/leaves whenever he sees fit like at the end of udg.

Nope!

I
BU
KI
MI
O
DA

Ah, that makes a little more sense nice theory though!

> Not shitty, its just kodaka mixing normal level mc's with one-men-armies characters and see what happens. plus a high level of mech-tech.
>I've yet to see real magic that isn't luck or Gundham's effects in all that
>Also grimdark, know the term?
How exactly is that relevant to the holes in the plot which one can shut with any kind of explanation, that big they are? It's also question of how you approach danganronpa and anime in general, you are not supposed to explain every single thing. Why i like danganronpa is because it understands what it's just a loads of ridiculous bullshit on top of each other and it's still takes itself seriously on purpose. That is what making whole universe entertaining and not just looking dumb. It's a high quality thrash, like code geass for example. But it's always fun to see how fandom making elaborate theories about what REALLY HAPPENED (which are almost never true and never get confirmed for sure), when autor just legit pull thing out of his/her ass with the level of though and consideration like "lel i think that would be fun XD". You do what you do though, i do not judge, just be aware of futility of your actions.

>Juzo tries to get Miaya to make Chisa like him better even thru thats not how it works

Kek

I want to hate-fuck Monaca.

Slavery was abolished a while ago

Not in Sonia's country.

AMERICA?

Akane is black, so that's fine.

>MFW I already hated Junko and gave 0 shits about Mukuro and more people are hating them now thanks to this.
Feels good man.

Its just kinky sex

All rejoice! Monaca's home!!

is impostor-kun one of the most surprisingly likeable characters?

Yes

We're open for more players in L4D2. Catch us in the taima to play.

I want to hope-fuck Komaeda!

New image?

I'm proud of him. Ibuki has good taste.

I was watching a movie

>not mikan

Oh yeah, hes by far my favorite DR2 character.
Finding fanart of him is bit of a bitch too.

I want to hope-crave his McNeggis

How is it?

He's my second favorite behind my main manager.

It was a great movie. It's "The Butler". Fantastic work

I like him back in DR2 for someone that wants to be other people he is the less insane person

even in DR2 he try to say everyone till Nagito ruin it

fucker have a good heart.

I like

Long thick and hard

Oh man the butler is such an amazing movie.

Same as always, I just couldn't find it saved so I grabbed it off an earlier thread.

So I've been gone for the last 5 hours. What was the consensus of the new eps?

A film with Forest Whitaker, Cuba Gooding Jr and Robin Williams HAS to be good. It's been a while since the last time I watched something as good. It even helped me get rid of the despair today's episode caused me!

The uncomfortable episode ive watched so far.
Good fucking episode but I can't watch them trying to lobotomize somebody or a dude sawing his own neck off.

It was kinda meh

What is your opinion on Twogami actually being John Travolta

Cliffhanger into cliffhanger, TRASH

I have a bad feeling I'm going to spend the rest of the show waiting for them to go "Ha ha just kidding Kirigiri is alive"

We need a twogami picture of this at some point.

This as well.

What they did to Chisa was hard to watch

It was weirdly exiciting though. I almost had a boner.

We were may more humane with your brain-washing. We just used helmets that connect through the cerebral cortex into the brain and controlled the kids from there.

Eh wasn't that bad. Wish they had a uncensored version out.

>MFW they more or less are indicating that they are all gonna be mind-erased and reinstalled with despair loving personas like Chisa was.

I fucking knew Junko's power of despair being "Everywhere she spreads people give into her despair" was bullshit from the start, but this was an all time low blow that made her less credible and puts Mukuro in a even worse light in my eyes.

Oh yeah the giant black bars ruin everything for everyone.
The realistic stuff makes me contort in pain and feel uncomfortable but that doesn't mean it should be censored.

Japan and their weird fucking laws.

Where she's visibly cumming from having her pleasure sensors stimulated?