Nissan experts please help

Nissan experts please help

Regarding the 2016 Nissan altima 2.5

Is the SR model worth putting down another $700, or am I fine with the S model?

You're better off buying something 150% completely fucking different, unless you like the idea of paying for a dodge avenger with less reliability.

not op but i thought nissans were up there in reliability with honda and toyota? or is it just old 2000s nissans that are good

Just the old ones. New ones are absolute fucking trash and you're shooting yourself in both feet if you buy one. I knew a guy who bought one new for a 40 mile drive to work because 65mpg and every day he said he wished he had his catfish gen camaro back because he wouldn't mind paying for 23mpg compared to what he had.

Why?

I'm pretty much paying $700 for

>sport spoiler
>18" aluminum-alloy wheels
>leather-wrapped steering wheel
>paddle shifters with manual mode
>8-way power adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support
>dat lumbar

Yay or nay?

I have a 2005 Altima 2.5 same engine ama

worth it for the wheels and seat

>CVT
>Electrical issues out the ass
>Everything is literally going to shit itself
The only Nissan you can get away with buying is the 350z. Everything else was thoroughly ruined by Renault.

Avoid the Altima. They have an extremely low customer satisfaction rate.
Go for a Chevy Malibu, Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry or Mazda 6 instead.

Nissan's reliability took a dive off a cliff in 2002 when Renault took over. Don't trust the French for anything.

Still an automatic bruh

It's still a CVT. That paddles are useless.

>QR25DE

>Likes to eat precat because fuck you, ingesting shit is fucking awesome, just score my shit up sempai
>Why loctite screws on secondary runner on intake manifold, just double end me with shit that will fuck me
>Why build a balanced engine when we can have a rocking and rolling shitfest with chain driven balance shafts that like to stretch out the chain?

The QR is the fucking worst. I thought it was bad in the Sentra SER SpecV, but I underestimated how shit it could be mated to a fucking CVT trans.

anything with a CVT is not reliable - even hondas have been having major issues

Nissan hasn't been good for a while now.

I forgot how Nissan cucked americans and you can't get the manual transmission versions of their cars.

Buying CVTs, especially Niisans, are literally the worst decision you could make.

Shame, I drive a manual 2012 March (not sold in the land of the (((free))) ) and it's great, if only the interior feels a bit cheap.

That company is quite different from their golden years, to be honest. I'm disspaointed, as my father used to drive Nissan and they were all a joy, both driving and working on them, which kinda biased my buy.

You can get a manual Versa or Sentra in America, but only if it's an absolute base model you'll forever hate because it has ZERO options.
And obviously the 370Z comes in manual, but that's an exception.

Stay away from all Nissans, they're garbage. Nissan isn't Japanese anymore, they're owned by the French company Renault, and that should tell you all you need to know about the reliability. Get a Mazda6 or Honda Accord Sport instead.

I hear a lot about reliability issues.

But I'm leasing it. I can just get it fixed with no cost to me.

Adding to what said you'll be getting the ones built in Mexico. So yeah.

Truly an empty husk of a the company it once was.

There is no worse blind man than the one who doesn't want to see. It appears you already made a decision, if the opinions here cannot convince you otherwise, and neither the readily available info all over the internet can, by all means, go ahead. There's something to be said about wanting to learn life lesson's from somebody else's experiences.

Renault only has a 43.4% stake in Nissan. They vote, but cannot veto. Nissan has a 15% stake in Renault. The Nissan-Renault Alliance has been in place since 1999.

It's done good things for Renault, and bad things for Nissan, especially Nissan Diesel.

>It's done good things for Renault
well duh. Renault got to use Nissan's glorious VQ V6 engines.
And Nissan got Renault's reliability and build quality.

It's more that Renault got access to a lot of Nissan's IP, and access to their facilities. Renault build quality improved as a result.

Poor Nissan has been heaped with the European way of thinking and designing, which has left them high and dry with unreliable products, especially in hot climates. Then treated the customers with failed engines like shit, and hung them out to dry.

I don't get how you could drive a Fusion and choose any other midsize and I've driven all of them but the Accord.
Not even shilling, Im a rental car agent so I've driven the whole squad and the fusion always feels so superior, at least in the base model fleet form.

I own a 2013 SV.

Please don't.

>Renault's reliability and build quality.

no. just no. pre-2000 nissans are built to take a beating. renaults are the least reliable french car maker.

Why would anyone buy a brand new budget car? I have never understood this. Why not get a nice used car that was built better and has more features for the same money or a used economy car for a whole lot less?

heads up, your post has the word "french" in it, when it shouldn't.

That was the joke. When Nissan was taken over by Renault, Nissan's quality and reliability became Renault-tier.

Only CVT worth trusting is Lineartronic.

assmad GM fangirl detected

every time

Nissans are shit. Please don't do this to yourself. Terrible CVTs and terrible build quality. You could finance a supercharged jag for the same or less money. Or a g37, is350, etc...

This. My sister owns a honda insight and she put a little over 150k on it in 2 years(she drives A LOT for work) and the cvt is still kicking

my friends mom bought an altima with a cvt and in less than 100k already replaced said cvt.

i also meant to say the honda cvt while still kicking isn't "shifting" smooth and on a go to go basis but still has some life left. Kept up on the flushes and everything.

Every time what?

I had the 2013 altima sr. Worth it for the power seats.

Also, you will love the seats. I had a 2009 and 2013 altima and both had the most comfortable seats of any car I've ever had.

Also, i know altima's don't get a lot of respect for reliability, but i never had a single problem with my 2009 and 2013 and i put 50000+ miles on each.

Those are all 2x as expensive as an altima, cost more to service, and require premium fuel.

Altima is much better if you're not a richfag and are looking for a daily driver

We don't compare new cars to used cars

>Altima is much better if you're not a richfag and are looking for a daily driver
You need to be a richfag to afford the constant transmission replacements though. Literally anything is better than an Altima you fucking retard.

I have the power seats in mine, least comfortable of most any car I have owned save for dodge dakota seats. The back caves in, leaving you with no lumbar support whatsoever.

It doesn't change the fact that there's no point to buying a new cheap car.