/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, September 9th:
9 – Arminius' alliance of six Germanic tribes ambushes and annihilates three Roman legions of Publius Quinctilius Varus in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.
1922 – The Greco-Turkish War effectively ends with Turkish victory over the Greeks in Smyrna.
1923 – Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, founds the Republican People's Party.
1942 – World War II: A Japanese floatplane drops incendiary bombs on Oregon.

>News
EU4 Rights of Man DLC announced

EU4 DD18/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-18th-of-august-2016.963425/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
youtube.com/watch?v=xBbGmkMGyok
mediafire.com/download/xzwg4pxjql1j0ou/HIP_-_RD_-_2016-09-06.7z
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

second for

asking again just to make sure

are there any VEF pros in here that know how to change it so you can grab exploration ideas whenever you want?

4th for BlackICE is a good mod and the only people who shit on it are just HPP shills or newfags who dont know how to properly play the game

>>Alternate Mod List and Useful Resources

>[V2] - Make Liquor Great Again for HPM 0.3.5.5 by Liquorlad
dropbox.com/s/o42kc4rjg24rtiv/makeliquorgreatagain.rar?dl=0

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia v1.01 by Cobra
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>>[V2] unHPM v2.0 - Farewell Edition by unHPM guy
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>>[V2] - 7 Years Mod by GF420
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>>[V2] - Vickymod v2.5 by Rob
pastebin.com/MHswMhZi

>>[V2] - New Liangmod by Liang
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>> Updated Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

About to start my frist game of ck2 in a long while. What settings should I have in the start game screen.

plz respond

The patrician settings

Reminder to suck my dick faggot.

What do you mean I don't get the meme.

Aztec Invasions on
Enabled Gender Equality
Dynamic Diseases
Shattered Retreat on
AI Seduction On

>9 – Arminius' alliance of six Germanic tribes ambushes and annihilates three Roman legions of Publius Quinctilius Varus in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.
delete this

Shattered retreat off, AI seduction off, everything else historical. Can't remember all the options anyway.

>it's a useless wife is not giving me any children after 12 years of marriage episode
i naturally cheated on her with my genetically superior and younger sister and BOOM! i die on the first tick of a generic -1 health illness. bonus points for the fact that i was just 32 years old and that i already had a +1 health trait.

fucking useless ass wife.

That sounds awful

I think it's a layering issue. In this portrait, it's applying armenian (byzantine) headgear which is is listed at a lower layer in the armeniangfx file than all of the ethnic features i added in the alangfx.
the same applies to the coptic portraits which list all the ethnic features below the background layer.

So now that the dust has settled, what is /gsg/'s opinion of Reaper's Due?

I haven't bought it yet

is imse a man or a woman
this is a serious question

grandi XD

Checkem

goodnight fellow autists

GrandiGermaniums

Do I turn of AI intrigue as well or no?

Not sure. Is that where they just go around assassinating everyone?

this
t. johan

3d vic2 on 3ds when?

Yeah

I'd turn it off.

Have all the other DLCs for CK2, looking to get reaper's due and conclave by pirating, what do, recommendations, maybe links?

thanks

It's in the OP. Where to get these games. Go to the game you're looking for and download the dlc only. Then you'll have to find the dlc activator somewhere else.

Dont bother with Conclave

Hey user, did you ever finish collating all the AAR posts into an album? I've lost the link to the first post and I don't really want to dive to find it if you haven't finished yet.

EU2 remake on IOS with fucking huen

where can i find the Victoria II novorussia mod?

Thanks mate
Yeah, heard that before, will do!

Is conclave no good? Should I turn it off?

Any other settings or should I be good?

Nothing that I can remember off the top of my head. Aztecs off obviously. Switch off Great Holy War for Pagans maybe too.

How can I have suffered over six thousand IC worth of damage to my provinces when Germany has not been bombing me?
I do not understand this strategic warfare overview at all.

ignore >AI seduction off

Why? I have 335 hours of this game, all of which with the cuck dlc and never got cucked

I mean maybe a concubine cucked me once, or a wife or some shit, but they got fucking W H A C K E D

they got that intrigue'd to deadsville

they got

killed

aka, that is,
also known as "also known as"

never had I had a son or daughter that wasn't genuinely mine
as in

are you stupid or something?

There is no setting for that on my game.

Fixed. I had the front headgear on the same layer as the rear and that set a whole bunch of other layers out of order.

But how do you know if the kid is actually yours? It could have happened and you didn't find out.

Also, do you have any more advice for what I should turn on/off?

why does literally everyone have both master diplomat and formidable fighter in the newest HIP

you are probably lying. maybe to us? maybe to yourself? or maybe you just happened to be extremely likely.

anyways, first campaign as custom byzantine emperor:
>1st wife cucks me within 2 years
>2nd wife cucks me next year
>stayed single for 3 years
>found qt noble maid, entered a relationship
>she cucks me with a duke vassal
>3rd wife, managed not to cuck me for 7 years

>son inherits
>his relationship with his wife is -100, she is already cucking him
>find a second wife
>4 years and still not cucked, 1st child on the way
>it's a fucking nigglet

ever since then i made my personal mode to remove seduction, but it was annoying because i had to re-install it each time they updated the game. adding the ability to remove this as an in-game option is a miracle.

>But how do you know if the kid is actually yours?
I mean I never really had a time where a kid had a phenotype outside of the expected, if that makes sense.

I'd turn off sunset invasions and MAYBE lower the frequency of popular revolts. Turn off conclave, maybe forget about Poo in Loos and even get a mod to erase India if gamespeed and performance is a concern of yours. Ive heard Reaper's Due might actually increase performance in terms of late game because it keeps killing off characters whose lineage would be too much for the game to handle in a timely manner on a mid-late game stage.

Ah, if only there was a way to make jewish expulsion as great as it used to be...

Oh, turn off "defensive pacts" or "defensive leagues" if that's what it called. I mean, it's more of a preference thing to be quite honest, but it being ON makes it way way harder to pave the map with a conquest when you want to.

I can't think of anything else of the top of my head, do turn off AI seduction if the mild possibility of having to murder a cheating bitch rustles you too much. Keep AI intrigue on because AI killing eachother here and there isn't abused by the AI to the point of making something unplayable and adds a level of risk and uncertainty to gameplay.

>you are probably lying. maybe to us? maybe to yourself?

I really am not, maybe I've been lucky? Maybe the very few blue moons I did get cucked I simply didn't "find out"?

>>son inherits
>>his relationship with his wife is -100, she is already cucking him

I dont often let them marry while they're not- well- "me", or if I do I make sure they stay in my court so I can hand pick the wife and keep an eye on possible dilly dallying.

But I guess having more customization is great, so do disable it if you had such a bad experience. Maybe try one more time sometime with it on?

the main problem about seduction is that it is uncounterable.
assume that your holding is in france. all people from spain to hungary with the seduction focus are ABLE to attempt to seduce your wife.

the seduction process has literally no backside. despite being even 800km away, you will get a seduction event every couple of weeks. in this event you are basically playing a dating sim, where you keep flirting with the bitch. it doesn't matter if she constantly turns you down, you can do this for DECADES until she gives in.

and i have yet to see an event that lets you find out that someone is flirting with your wife. your best bet is to get rid of him AFTER you learn that he shagged your wife. but there is no way to effectively stop your wife's suitors.

Conclave is based. Don't be a faggot.

>and i have yet to see an event that lets you find out that someone is flirting with your wife. your best bet is to get rid of him AFTER you learn that he shagged your wife. but there is no way to effectively stop your wife's suitors.

Best argument
thanks

explain

how is conclave good?
>civil war
>civil war
>councils
No one likes councils.

>The exact origin of syphilis is disputed.[3] Syphilis was definitely present in the Americas before European contact, and it may have been carried from the Americas to Europe by the returning crewmen from Christopher Columbus's voyage to the Americas; or it may have existed in Europe previously, but went unrecognized until shortly after Columbus returned.
so why the fuck is syphilis in ck2?

>it may have existed in Europe previously, but went unrecognized until shortly after Columbus returned
I guess that would be why.

it would be problematic to assume that syphilis came from the New World. you have to remember that in communism natives are innocent good boys who literally never did anything wrong until getting oppressed by the evil Europeans

>shortly after Columbus returned

meant to quote also
>may have

those meme country border pixels disappear when I annex the world hmm. wonder what kind of bug it is and if I can prevent it

reminder that the polish tranny discord group is full of lefty scum

That's the thing, 'may have' doesn't mean 'didn't', it means 'there's some evidence but not enough to make a firm statement'.

So Paradox picked the interpretation that let them have more diseases and ran with it.

>reform says it gives +15% civilization progress
>only gives +10%

Why

But it was unrecognized until shortly after columbus returned. They are using a disease that didnt exist at all or was unrecognized during that period.

>communism
Literally what?

Base CK2 syphilis is simply called the Great Pox, which fits for some medically-unrecognised pox people are getting.

Actual virulent syphilis is a separate disease that turns up with Sunset Invasion, where the Aztecs are spreading it because Paradox can't help but copy the Mongols entirely.

It's BIG_BENIS_IN_MY_ANUS trying to be a comedian.

Rights of Men is really bumming me out. It made me realize how dumb I am for playing V2 when there's a modern GS still receiving updates with new awesome features.

In the description when you hover over great pox it literally says its syphilis

>literally
Literally kill yourself.

anyone else here as good at v2 as me? i form germany after sphere-ing all provinces with >50% north/south german culture within the first 8 years of the game, then i blob china, suez/sinai, brunei, japan, panama, hawaii, vietnam, sokoto, etc.

i only have to save scum a little bit to pull it off too.

It adds depth. What's wrong with councils? I kind of enjoy that.

>someone uses a word in the correct context
>you still get mad

Nice attempt at bait.

I know, sorry, Veeky Forums has just ruined the word in any context. So it figuratively triggers my autism.

if i really were attempting to bait, that wouldn't be a nice try because you saw through it so quickly.

but i'm not baiting so whatever.

Yes, but as it's medically unrecognised at the time, it's named and treated as a random pox, hence the 'later known as syphilis' in the description right there.

when will big benis leave

HPM bro, when I go to release nations as Grossest Germanium (All of Germany and all of Austro-Hungary) they only join my sphere and don't become my satellite. What gives?

I don't get this stupid meme. It doesn't happen at every 90 degree border and only goes away when countries in a certain radius of it are annexed. I've only seen it do it at a few 90 degree lines but there was 1 or 2 straight lines too so idk what's up with it

So your argument that Great Pox and syphilis are treated in game as two separate things is retarded and wrong.

>bourbon
I am triggered knowing it exists.

well if I annex that, Switzerland and Savoy, the border glitch goes away.

It's not unique to what I'm doing as it's in a few other mods I tested. Might just be Paradox and there's nothing I can do. Redrawing the border just a bit just breaks up the glitch into smaller pieces

rate my venice

>Update
>29.63 in Fort Maintenance

>Playing easier versions of the game
>Implying there's a better thing to spend that money on than army tradition

plz resbond

>HiP allows you to become a saint

This, along with how deadly plagues are should have been in the base game since day one to be honest.

Also to become a saint faster, I should have alot of virtues and no deadly sins right? Both if I want to be one as I am alive and already passed on?

>CK2 HIP
>liege kicks the bucket and a potato farmer from bumfuck nowhere inherites the throne
>being the most powerful duke in the kingdom he hates me and wants a few of my titles
>he manages to fabricate a claim to revoke one of my counties
>he tries to revoke it during a war
>being 119% as powerful as him i tell him to fuck off
>flatten his army in less than a year
>I peace out and not long after he loses his war
>for the rest of his life he tries to make my life hell
at least he stood up to the karlings
those assholes are putting western europe through a blender

No, the argument was that the syphilis present in Western Europe was a mild strain compared to the syphilis from North America, which is borne out by the evidence for pre-Columbian syphilis being limited to mild or congenital cases - and that syphilis as a medically recognised separate thing comes only with the Aztecs and a much more dangerous strain thanks to Sunset Invasion.

Not soon enough, sadly.

>seduction focus
youtube.com/watch?v=xBbGmkMGyok

Anyone have download link to HIP for Crusader Kings.

nvm got it from some Russian website

Never mind, it decided it wanted to start working...

are you from the South?

No, I formed Germany with Austria-Hungary sphered and absorbed the entire empire but for some reason when I went to release the non-German states they wouldn't be my satellites. Its working now after restarting.

no I mean are you like IRL from the southern united states

mediafire.com/download/xzwg4pxjql1j0ou/HIP_-_RD_-_2016-09-06.7z

Thanks!

No he formed Germany with A-H sphered IRL.