Revelation Online General - /revog/

Revelation Online is a Chinese Xianxia-themed F2P MMORPG with a ton of cool features that's set to release by the end of this year, or the beginning of next.

>Class poll!
strawpoll.me/11171226

>Features
pastebin.com/iYdSau5R

>Can I play now?
You can if you download and play the Chinese version, which is currently in OB. The first English CB doesn't start until some time in October.

>How do I play the Chinese version?
ro.my.com/forum/thread/271-how-to-play-cn-version-english-patch/
revelation-online.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7-english-community-server/

>Guides
ro.my.com/forum/thread/6242-the-library-links-to-guides

>Character presets for the incompetent
pastebin.com/wUyTFjCD

>Is this game going to be P2W?
My.com listened to the community and removed the items that would have made the English Founder's Packs P2W, but we still haven't seen the cash shop.

Previous thread:

Why does no one want to play Swordmage? They have great damage and CC.

>26 posts early
Literally kys, I'll fund the rope.

Why not add any info about the extremely tiny english community?
Something about the server everyone's on or meeting places or some shit

Occultists are superior t b h

Don't bully me! I'm a sensitive flower.

ugly

It's under how to play the Chinese version.

I'm interested in trying it, but considering there's an actual healer class and a mixed healer class, I'm likely going to wind up as one of them.

Is the /revog/ official hangout the giant stone boobs?

Can I make a loli blademaster yet?

I was hyped for it, but it's literally just a mage holding a sword.
When I hear sword mage I think about close combat w/ magic, battlemages, Blade Dancer from B&S, Asura from DFO.
At least that's my reason for not playing it. It's just a mage holding a sword for no reason. And I'm not a mage guy.

>giant stone boobs
What a bunch of uncouth swine.
Is there a more sophisticated spot, like a giant stone ass?

These new outfits are cute!

Nope, it's a giant mermaid statue. No ass to speak of.
The giant boobs also double as a bench and you get a cheevo for sitting on them.

>no ass to speak of
I shouldn't have expected different from asians.

I wouldn't be surprised if a giant stone ass existed somewhere.

I don't know what you expected

Hey guys, want some shrooms?

The Founder's Pack outfit looks nice.

I want that shroom in your pants

Is that on all characters or just one?

You can only get the rewards on one character, but everyone is complaining about it so they might change it.

>big male Spiritshaper
I'm dead.

They better. If I spend 100 dollaroonies on virtual slutwear I better get it on ALL my whores.

>Veeky Forums buying good goy packs again
Do you faggots never learn?

Is Gunner the slut class? They get all the provocative armor.

It's going to be fucking spiritmaster because of all the "healslut" faggots who are going to flock to the game in droves.

only $18 for the cheap one seems worth it to me even if the game does flop i'll get some fun out of it for a couple months

>healslut
oh god there are going to be tons of these faggots
already preparing for cringe and 'ironic' gay posts

No protection? T-that's dangerous!

Imagine being someone who's likely going to play a spiritmaster or possibly support focused occultist and having to be lumped in with these people.

Kill yourself

Man, I just want to heal. I miss healing.

>Long hair hangs back away from the character's back in CC like there's a lot of gel or something in it.
Good thing there's a metric ton of cute short hair options. Are all options available for each body type or do I need to take some time to browse the hairstyles of each one before actually tinkering with face.body options?
For that matter, is there a UI hiding options that works in CC?

Same, I'm going to take time to slowly level both to around 40 to see how they feel for me.

Have you tried f12?
It hides the UI in game.

The hair is the same for all body types.

Did you wait a few moments to let the hair settle? Some are just bad but some float back down against the back where it should be.

Nah, didn't work.
Oh well, it's not really an invasive UI anyways.

Oh good.

Yeah, a lot of them seem to sit like this though, at least for the free flowing hair.

So is there a specific server everyones going to or is it just one server right now?(still downloading)

>Hair and eyes have an actual option to do custom colors
>The highlight option for hair is really fucking nice if tweaked carefully on top of it
I like this CC.

The eyes are my favorite, but the hair is nice too. My only wish is for them to add scenery options in the CC so you can see what different lighting looks like.

Is this an error or did it download completely?

Yeah, I can see myself spending hours messing with the hair alone.
In fact, I'm gonna do that right now and see what I can accomplish

give it a couple minutes

>You can actually make a realistic shade of red hair
Needs more tweaking in shades, but this makes me so happy.

Thats not realistic though

Isn't a natural red more orange than that?

Yeah, I forgot to disable flux while doing CC stuff. I always make that mistake and wind up confusing certain colors.
Still not perfect, but more properly adjusted.

Depends. Realistic doesn't have to mean natural.

If that were the case any hair shade in any game could be considered realistic and wouldn't be a big deal to this user.

Its way too bright to be a natural colour is right it should be closer to orange and not as bright

Im assuming with the way he worded his post he meant realistic as natural, is there even a shade of red thats not achievable with dye?

why to the noses look so fucking wierd

That is what I was aiming for, honestly, I just blanked out and was ignoring the orange splash all over my screen messing with my color sense.

Yeah, it's definitely still a work in progress.
Oh well, I'll work at it more tomorrow and bring up some actual pictures of redheads to work off of.
This just gives me hope of being able to do a proper natural color and that even the dye-like shades don't look unnatural like they tend to in MMOs. Can't wait for the english CBTs to hit so I can see what more people accomplish with these options.

I'm not sure about the other two female bodies since I've really just been messing with hair colors, but this is the widest the nose gets on the loli type after messing with it real fast.
Probably still looks off, might mostly be due to the body type, but also likely my being bad at shaping characters (especially quickly)

that looks better,

Theres a natural light brown to the right of the red youve picked, it would probably be easier to work red into that rather than to work back from the bright as fuck reds

Better, but not right.

You mean the left?
Might be easier, but I've been messing with the custom color enough that it's not really close to the original choice as it is.
I didn't take a picture, but the top right color using the accent I had made a nice combination too.

I will be playing it, don't worry!

no to the right, the preview square looks darker than it is

yeah, when CBT comes out for NA im going to have to spend a very long time with the CC

Ah, well too late for tonight.

80% of why I downloaded CN was to mess with the CC.
Once I get a couple characters down, then I'll actually try a couple classes out and see how they work and what I think I'll enjoy most.

I mean I'm half tempted to do it. I just am to lazy

Are you actually able to play on the CN server?
I can't move from starting spot because of rubberbanding or immediate disconnect...

Not him but I can, i get anywhere from 300-450ms
Doing anything is a pain in the ass but its possible

May as well, not like you need to do much other than let it download for a while.

I THINK there were a few different hairstyles for the other body types, but they're mostly the same.

try setting the luminosity for more specific colours, goes all the way up to 3500 in the "L" box.

So am I, but it's no harder than downloading the english release for the CBT in a month.
You don't even really have to install the english patch for the CC anyways.

Dunno, haven't tried yet. I wanna mess with the CC some more and maybe tomorrow I'll actually make a SM or Occultist to try out.
I haven't even properly messed with actual body sliders or a lot of the facial decorations anyways, much less on all of the model choices.

Didn't notice myself, I'll pay more attention tomorrow and see.

I figured that out on the first color I posted. Experimented with it a tiny bit (hammering 9 a bunch and clicking away) and decided to mess with it later once I stop seeing bright neon pink when I close my eyes.

Did I just use a dragon pulse?

Yes, pretty much.

show me that face cuck

probably not final

God I hope not.
It doesn't even look human.

it's really hard to work with this race and the lack of translations on the sliders just lead to frustration

Eyes too slanted, literally black eyes, chin too fat, eyes probably a bit too high, remove the blush it looks terrible in this game, work with a hair that shows the forehead so you can get the proportions not fucked up.

Lolis are way easier to work with than lyn are, yet that one looks like an alien boy.
Translation isn't really an excuse, because it's easy to remember what number something was on and messing with it a bit.

>literally black eyes
bad lighting
>chin too fat
might be angle
>eyes probably a bit too high
I maxed them out and I still feel like my character has too much forehead

I don't think so, most characters in this game hit borderline uncanny valley tier with how babyish or doll-like they are and I specifically tried to avoid that

Go into the RGB slider for the eyes and put that luminosity up to something high, you need like atleast 1000 luminosity to make them look like they actually have any color.

That costume doesn't do it any justice either.

>I don't think so, most characters in this game hit borderline uncanny valley tier with how babyish or doll-like they are
No, not really. No different from most MMOs and this isn't Tera.
I mean, fuck, look at the actual presets and you'll see only a few of them really actually fall into that and it's an easy fix.

>I specifically tried to avoid that
And somehow succeeded in accomplishing precisely that look while looking like a boy on top of it.

The complete lack of the gleam or whatever doesn't help that issue either.
The eyes just look dead as they are now.

Yeah his issue is certainly with the eyes, and maybe the rest of the face being out of proportion since he maxed the height for the eyes.

I spent a ton of time to get the eyes and hair color right, probably the only real important thing to get as good looking as possible, the rest barely changes.

Looking like a boy was intentional and I never said I accomplished what I was going for with the rest of that, but most if not all presets fall into that category and take a good amount of work to do anything with (at least for me I just find them all to be creepy).

>The eyes just look dead as they are now
I've had it described as mind broken

I'll try and do something about the eyes though because they do feel off.

That and the mouth. A common doll trait is a small mouth.

>I spent a ton of time to get the eyes and hair color right, probably the only real important thing to get as good looking as possible, the rest barely changes.
Eh, I guess if you go with a preset that's fine, but I'm personally one of those rather meticulous people. I'll miss obvious issues unless I take a break and go back to it, but I like messing with every single option to tweak things around and make it more and more personal of a character.
Facial details, coloration, body type, all of that gets tweaked anywhere from a touch to a fair bit.

>Looking like a boy was intentional
Why not just play a male then? Pretty sure the smallest male body can be tweaked to look like a shota at least to some degree. Your character though, I guess.

>most if not all presets fall into that category and take a good amount of work to do anything with
Not really. They fit the theme of the game and the only real issue any of them have on a base level is the eyes. Granted, eyes are a pain in the ass, but it's not like they're entirely deformed.
A preset is just a base, you pick one and transform it, unless you're weird and like using the random button.

>Why not just play a male then?
It's modeled after my blade and soul character to an extent which is also a boyish looking girl with the same color scheme

anyways I think the eyes are fixed

I don't think the skeleton male can have the huge eyes which kinda sucks

Considerably better
Still looks off somehow though, but aside from the face being too round I can't tell what

I think I just hate that hair, I wanted a short hair but I couldn't get that one to look good no matter what I tried.

>It's modeled after my blade and soul character to an extent which is also a boyish looking girl with the same color scheme
I honestly couldn't do something like that. Each character I make is unique in the game it's made in and I'd rather not reference or attempt to recreate it in another. The eyes definitely look less lifeless now.
Please thicken those arms a bit though, they look like twigs

Eh, I wouldn't know myself. I rarely try to design male characters due to how odd it is for me.

I wouldn't do it normally either, especially in any single player game but if I'm gonna go by the same name that people are gonna recognize me by then I'm gonna try to keep it consistent overall. I'll fix the arms too, any other advice would be appreciated

Don't really see why using the same name means the character must look similar, but I also rarely use a similar name in different mmos unless the name fits the lore. Like with here I'll probably be browsing chinese names.
Course, I rarely play MMOs with a consistent group of people either.

As for advice, I'd say look into making the face a bit less rounded, but that's reaching what is more personal taste rather than something looking blatantly off like the old eyes and the arms.

I think a lot of people from /bnsg/ are going to be playing or at least trying revo so there's gonna be some overlap of people I'm playing with. As for the similar appearance, I've really just grown attached to the aesthetic.

Reasonably sure a good 80-90% of the browsers of basically every MMO general are going to poke into this game at some point or another between now and OB/release.
I personally don't even know who I'll wind up grouped with. Could be a Veeky Forums guild, could be soloing, could try to get in with one of the streamers I watch who intend to play, who knows. Guess that's partially why I'm not particularly attached to a handle and don't really get into consistent groups.

>I've really just grown attached to the aesthetic.
Nothing wrong with that either, it's just not my kinda thing. Even if there are certain styles I like, I like to mix them up a bit and try new things with it.

I don't try to keep the same look across every game cause often the styles between them are completely different and as such the look doesn't translate well, I just pick a colour scheme and try to make it look as nice as possible within the creators limits or try to recreate some animu char if I'm lacking originality.

I think I'll be getting into it with a few people I know but we'll probably join or make a Veeky Forums guild and I'll get to know new people as a result which is always exciting to me.

I think it would depend going from game to game, bns to revo from lyn to loli isn't that much of a stretch honestly and definitely possible to work with.

>I just pick a colour scheme
Never done it that way myself, at least the way you make it out.
I either find a hairstyle or hair color I like upon a quick browse and work from there.

I haven't gone into an MMO with a group since 2012 and I played solo like 80% of the time there anyways. Granted, it was GW2, but still.
Maybe an actual trinity mmo with the role I'm most suited for being available will make being social easy, because I'm definitely tired of having to try to be good at DPS.
I actually hate lyn myself, elin and lalafell too for that matter, but I look forward to messing with loli sliders.

post your characters

What do I do with this?

>press F to kiss

>Majority of people seem to want to be occultist
I'm trying to figure out if these are edgy people, people who want to be able to heal themselves while soloing, or something else.
It's a neat theme, but I feel pushed to want to go with SM instead since they'll be heavily desired and very few people are going to be serious about playing one. (I mean, 70% of the people who picked it are probably those "healslut" faggots)

I just tried every class while tweaking the preset between each one.
I'm actually making a vanguard, I liked the occultist but I prefer melee classes and I can't make a loli blademaster so I'm stuck with the tank.