Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

sneeks up behind u edition

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mhgen.kiranico.com/lightbowgun/gods-isle
mhgen.kiranico.com/skill/fastcharge
youtube.com/watch?v=wj1Esms4cDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It'll be a shame if there's only frontier at tgs

What's a decent full bow set after Arc S? I lack the godcharms to make anything decent mixed

so /mhg/ how do I into DBs?
like, basic combos, I've never actually bothered to learn
I'm wanting to at least try aerial, but what's the "best" style?
literally all I know about them is that mega dash juice is basically mandatory.

There is a distinct possibility I am getting it confused with Khezu. This happens, unfortunately, pretty much every time I talk about either one.

That said, you should absolutely farm up a good raw lance, specifically for situations like this. In general it's best to have at least one weapon of each element, so you can just grab the best tool for the job, rather than being screwed over if you come up against an enemy that resists your one main weapon.

>Baki combat jutsu X requires a skypiercer
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

So what are your New Threads resolutions /mhg/?

To kill an Alatreon. :(

To hunt with everyone here!

isn't it still too early?

To make Moofy my waifu.

mhgen.kiranico.com/lightbowgun/gods-isle
C'mon buddy. It's not that hard.

Aerial/Adept Dual Blades in MHG here.

Mega Dash Juice is nice, but hardly mandatory. Mostly you're going to fill up your gauge to get Archdemon Mode and then turn off Demon Mode unless the monster is downed and you want to use Demon Dance (not available in Aerial Mode). If you have a talisman or armor with Focus (Fast Charge), use that, as it makes getting Archdemon much faster.

In Adept Mode you're mostly going to fight like normal, but what's crucial is making certain that, in demon mode, you don't drain your stamina to the point you can't dodge through an incoming attack. It's more important to be in Demon/Archdemon mode with Adept, though, as you're only gonna do damage during your dodges while in those modes. Archdemon's X+A becomes what I call the spin-approach (no clue what its official name is), which is a really, really useful gap closer. Demon Mode's X+A is the Demon Dance, which you'll want to use exclusively to do damage when the monster is downed, NOT to fill up the bar. The fastest way to fill up the bar for Adept is to do the standard X -> A combo.

Aerial Mode is a blast but it's still crucial to be in Demon/Archdemon as often as possible. Your Aerial attacks in Demon Mode are actually great for filling up the Archdemon bar (two of them, even without Focus, should fill it), but again, make sure to cancel it out before you run so low on stamina that you can no longer dodge, or you'll get fucked. Demon Mode lets you do a dash in midair after your aerial mount, while Archdemon just lets you spin your blades and slam, but both are powerful, so don't worry about staying in Demon all the time. Pretty often you can actually aerial mount off a monster that would otherwise be knocking you down and dealing damage to you, so if you're in a tight spot and have no other options, it's worth a try to aerial roll into the monster. Your X+A in Demon/Archdemon is always the spin-in approach move, which is a great combo starter when the monster is down.

Well, just took down Grimclaw for the first time.
It's only my second deviant, despite getting the game at release. Not sure why i've ignored deviants so much.

I played pretty damn poorly, but at least i won. I'll probably try out another weapon, any recommendations for him?

what do you mean?
i have gods isle set (albiet a shitty status atk+2 recoil down+2 load up set) but I don't see what bringing up god's isle has to do with fighting alatreon for the first time in forever.
I also have a much better lost musket set

It's already way too late.

My hand has been cramping up a lot lately when I play. Does anyone use a grip on their 3DS and if so what's a good one?

>get focus
>on DB's
wait, what?
I've quite literally never heard that before.
I think I'm gonna need to watch some tutorials or something, I think the last time I even looked at DB was 3u, and barely, at that.

I thought you were complaining about breaking the horns for the skypiercer. Sleep bombing and RF crag to the face go a really long way there. Plus para shots for pinning it down for other hunters or even more crag to the face.

If all you need is the skypiercer it's pretty trivial with God's Isle.

How long are you playing? If it's not that much, it might be a matter of your grip.

mhgen.kiranico.com/skill/fastcharge

Speeds up how long it takes for Dual Blades and Longsword to charge up their bars. Super useful for them.

Normal shot or Pierce for Nakarkos?

I'm honestly having trouble getting into MHG, I know it's early game but pretty much any weapon I can make is 100 damage, small green sharpness. I finally got a Rathian LS with poison but I'm just not feeling it, does it get better?

make all the cute joke sets I've been wanting to, like samus, french maid, bucaneer, and sororal.

So guys I want your opinion
I'm at hr 5 and have been thinking of making a mixed armor set for gunlance and it goes along the lines of
Guardian helm
Guardian suit
Guardian Braces u
Guardian Coil U
Guardian Boots U
I have an artillery +8 talisman and with a few gems I'l have
Guard +1
Artillery Expert
Speed Sharpener
Should I bother with this or are there some other armors that do a better job?

The numbers are very, very deflated from previous MHs. 100 is actually pretty good for midgame. Definitely try out different weapons and styles if you're not digging your current one, and don't use the damn tutorial missions because Maccao is a terrible monster to practice a lot of the weapons on. I recommend Aerial and Adept Dual Blades, Aerial Hammer, Adept Longsword, Adept Bow, and Guild/Aerial/Adept Hunting Horn.

Fun room all welcome and it's turns
53-7515-9840-9323

Usually 2-3 hours in a sitting.

Alatreon is a bigger cunt than I remember.

I'm aware of what fastcharge/focus is, i've been playing since tri. I have Never Ever heard it reccomended to be used on either of them

>yfw hyper frenzy bullfango fuck up your shit even more

I'm using plenty of diff ones, Dual, Hammer, HH are my mains, I've played every Monster Hunter game it just feels like progression in this one is skewed somehow.

Pierce

Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant you didn't know it affected them. It's not a usual recommendation because of the "dual blades eat all the sharpness!" meme that's based somewhat in fact, so everyone gets Sharpness + SpeedSharpener, but if you've already got one or both of those then it's worth going for Focus as well.

Also I forgot that Affinity is pretty crazy this time around. I've got the upgraded Hero's Twins and Critical Eye +3 on one armor set and that means my affinity is 70%, which is insane.

If you're using a normal-sized 3DS, it might be time to upgrade to an XL.

Fair, fair. It feels pretty similar to me, except for being somewhat easier overall at least until Hyper monster get introduced. So few of the older monsters are at all ready for the varying styles that they kind of break the game, at least at the beginning.

Yeah, using hammer I've been clearing most monsters in 4 minutes on average. Any idea how much easier they made the game?

are you the same dude?
if not, one of you put up a room and we 3 shitters can fuck him over together.

Oooh, yeah. Not doing that tonight. Or ever, solo. Feels like they fucked with his hitboxes; his charge is more obnoxious than ever, not to mention the lightning.

Fuck you, Alatreon. Go suck a dick.

Yeah, it's... it's undeniably a lot easier, though I've no clue as to the raw numbers. I've heard this was intended to be a spinoff title, so I honestly suspect the real reason they made it was to test several ideas at once - styles/arts, deflating the raw weapon numbers, making the early game easier, et cetera. Then they'll take all the feedback from it and use it while making Monster Hunter 5, which I'm sure is already in development. So if Styles return, I suspect they'll be toned down so they're not better than Guild 90% of the time, for instance.

konchu ball

Now I miss FOOTBALL rooms from the 4u demo, again.

Crabs are the worst monsters. When are we getting good crabs? Can such a thing even be possible?

>tfw no full konchu armor

I wish I could get a pet konchu, they're so adorable

does that male armor on the top left remind anyone else of Jagi from HNK?

Jaggi?

By HNK he means Fist of the North Star, if that helps.

Great Jaggi!

how do deviant arzuros and lagombi exist
who the fuck is letting people who cart to lagombi and arzuros into the hunter guild

I figured this would happened.this is who I meant

>20 years later
>still haven't fixed plesioth's hitboxes

defend this

That's not a Jaggi!

But they did. Or at the very least improved them tremendously

why do i keep getting hit from the other side of the monster then?

It's a meme at this point.

Yeah its Jagi. One g.

That happens with Diablos and Gravios too

But it's not Jaggi. With two Gs.

You know I'd like to see Jagi riding around on a Great Jaggi

I want more animated and transforming armors

the seltas queen gurren lagann giga drill breaker hammer was fun to use

That weapon is terrifying, it's a giant water powered drill, which is basically taking a mix between a dentists tool and something out of Gurren Lagann to their face.

>good recoil skill
>good slots
>looks fantastic
>not a clown suit

Anybody else get themselves a new favorite armor set lately?

Is load up really necessary for mememusket sets?
Since Full house is used for reloads I wonder if an extra bullet is that important in each shot's clip.

Excellent choice there, dude.
And full armor set? no, but I'm rather fond of my musket hermitaur mix of R and S. I could probably get one more skill in there... but only if I went full clownsuit so it's great.

>Loved the bulkiness of uragaan and bomb boost was nice for gunlance
>no bomb boost
>Gen gave it skills I have no interest at all
>tfw I dont feel like a living walking tank anymore

>When you try to style and end up carting because of it.

I know a mixed set will probably be objectively better for output but I just really can't stand clownsuiting if I can do alright with a full set. Especially if it looks that good, and particularly so when its color scheme basically matches the Swagcannon. The fashion is too overwhelming!

Are cold/hotblooded useful, or are they a waste of a skill?

idk is it?
load up doesnt do much for bowguns IMO

if there is no other useful skill or damage boosting skill like bonus shot that you could fit load up wont hurt though

I think they're fine skills

YOU TAKE THAT BACK
THE CRABS ARE FAIR AND NICE

It's just attack increases if you're in a hot/cold place and use a hot/cool drink, right? Or is there some more to it?

Hunting king Lobsters when

wait, you use storge EX for swagcannon? elaborate, and what charm?
that sounds pretty fun.

>mfw sns and lbg are my favorite weapons
B E S T
F O R
L A S T

it also negates the effects of cold / hot areas

true, but you'd use the drink for boosts anyway.

I'm quite fond of Drilltusk. I use it for CB. Could do well for Lance, too, actually.

I'm also a big fan of Akantor R. It does away with the huge shoulders of Akantor, so everything looks a bit slimmer. Good defense, and terrific skills for a Blunt set.

FUCK YOU AND YOU TOO

What HR do I need to be to join someone else's angry squid quest? I want to upgrade my bow but don't want to keyrush just to do it.

Recoil +5 OO- charm, and used the slots for nothing but artillery and recoil to get Recoil +3 and Artillery Expert on top of Chance and rationer EX Storge comes with.

It's a really flexible suit though so you can probably make quite a few different skill sets with it.

Shen has the best theme in the series

youtube.com/watch?v=wj1Esms4cDo

guard and WE are definitely useful, scavenger is kinda pointless, though.
Admittedly i'm probably too much of a coward to make good use of Adrenaline, but activating it with lance might be safer, since you'll have good blocking.

>Want to do Pokke requests so I can unlock the Rajang hunt in the village which needs 1500 Pokke Points
>Only two in my log with no others available, and I only have 910 Pokke points
>Like 50 goddamn Yukumo Village requests and I'm at 975 Yukumo Points
I hate Yukumo Village.

Oooh, Akantor R. I gotta get me that set to use with Ancient Blow. Just... farming all the hyper pyroscales sounds like the opposite of fun.

what is this faggot's english name again?

what kind of abomination...

>search athenas for that+either load up or ammo saver with a two shot charm
>literally nothing
how annoying. I'll probably keep my current set, or remove chance and get load up.

the hell is this

It's not fun. I'll help you if you want. Pierce guns destroy Lavasioth.

>oh looks like an ice subspecies of nibelsna- oh my god damn what the fuck is that

Do armor skills and food stat boosts stack?

>Tigrex Clone

no

Its a Frontier OC DONUS STEEL monster, can't seem to remember its name or gimmick though

Points for anything but Yukumo is rough. Working towards the 3000 pts village awards right now. Got anywhere fro 2000-2400 across the board except Yukumo which is above 7000.

Doesn't look like it can match Tigrex's

ABSOLUTE POWER

I've been slowly helping friends get good in the hopes of working them up to hyper monsters. Playing with them has kinda spoiled me from online play. That and it's pretty late and I have work in the morning ;-;

Maybe sometime later though!

Is there any way to view a palico? The armory seems like the only way I know.