/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Clipping edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video :
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interview with Armagan : youtube.com/watch?v=cqYTjnnhf_c

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/uMbrCTdV

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7
full download:
mega.nz/#!U9gGiJIK!ef2MOAaMkYfY3qOwrjE_sQyoEBM9hEhP0NxJoYeaiHg

patch from earlier versions to current version:
mega.nz/#!twp0FY5K!vLIYkEj2wsw8HzR33a23Jv6loGITtqiisxjLML7ByJQ

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

history.stackexchange.com/questions/10331/why-didnt-japanese-infantrymen-and-samurai-use-shields
youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Butterlord when.

Hurry up Bannerlord chan, they're tired of waiting.

Repostan from the bottom of the last thread:

Are these the most convenient locations for founding your own kingdom? They're distinguished by having few neighbours, few entry points, most of which are controlled by castles, and everything is close together so you can quickly ride to the defense of anything.

In my campaign, I helped the Nords establish itself in the Sarranid area circled, and then went on to conquer back the circled Nord lands where most of my holdings are.

The Sarranid area is excellent in that it only really borders the Khergits to the north, and if you're on good terms with them, they will leave you alone and act as a shield against any would-be invaders. If Shariz and environs are conquered by someone with no claim to the rest of the desert (like the Rhodoks), you'll also be left alone from that side. The only downsides are millions of desert bandits everywhere, and very long travel time to other locations (which also makes recruiting difficult).

The Nord area minus Werchecg is also very defensible. The Swadians will always attack via the Jelbegi pass, so you'll be forewarned and can intercept them in the mountains with your locally-sourced Huscarls and easily-imported Rhodok Sharpshooters. There's no bandits in the area either, and food is cheap in Tihr.
The only problems are that Fearichen and Ambean are very vulnerable to raids, and you border the Vaegirs who often field fuckhuge armies against you.

The other three locations are basically conjecture, but I've never seen Jelkala conquered in any of my games, and food is super cheap and plentiful in and around Yalen (as are Rhodoks, naturally, and Nord recruits are close at hand).

I played warband on PC when it came out and haven't played since, now it's coming out on consoles. Is warband still the same as it came out back then it have they added new features to it? Or did try leave warband and worked on vikings, Napoleon, fire and sword?

Only one small encounters (including your party size) on the water.

Post yfw Bannerlord doesn't live up to the hype.

lad, don't even bother playing it on a console.

get back on playing it on the pc and pick up a mod.

bumping question

I'm addicted to Dickplomay but I want to try Swedish Mayonnaise since I'm reading a very good book about the historical development of mainland Southeast Asia Strange Parallels: Southeast Asia in Global Context, c. 800–1830 Volume 1: Integration on the Mainland by Victor Lieberman and it made me highly interested in the setting.
Is there a way to port Dickplomacy's unique features over to SM? SM already comes with vanilla Diplomacy, if that helps.

It still should be the same.
Without mods.

thank god I don't expect anything more than what was already shown

The console version is PC vanilla
Why anyone would pick up a console version of Warband is beyond me since it runs on pretty much any toaster.

im just going to expect warband + make your own weapon

>Why anyone would pick up a console version of Warband is beyond me since it runs on pretty much any toaster.
Plenty of people who refuse ever playing on a PC because it's "too much hassle" and "they just want to play".

This-
I cant wait for all the autists on the forums to get salty because BL doesn't have that feature they dreamed about last night.
Tbh I expect warband+more shit+actually fonctional

One of these days, there will be a fps game that actually covers the 14th Army campaign in Burma.

>tfw really like the battles in WFaS
>everything else in it feels inferior to Warband though
>all the mods with similar pike and shot battles are either boring(Geko) or lag with high battle size (SwedishMayo)

Swedish mayo has atrocious balance too. At least Geko is hard balanced
You can try Sayazn and the Sayaznid empire but its unfinished

Yeah sadly it seems like Jacuck is too busy with shitposting the forums

He still browses here once in a while I think.

Nah, he's gone.

Wanna try novas aetas, should i go with version 4 beta or 3.0.2? Version 4 beta sound like a bunch of bugs and problems.

>Make an entire army of Chosokabe Bow Heroes
>Become unstoppable
Why didn't the japs use shields again? This seems like a major problem.

history.stackexchange.com/questions/10331/why-didnt-japanese-infantrymen-and-samurai-use-shields

It will live up to the hype.

The sieges look better than i could have ever hoped.
Graphics look 10 times better
More enterprises
Custom weapons
Balanced factions (from what we have seen)

They will really have to fuck it up for me to be disappointed.

>no shields meme.

They used shields mang. Their shields are like a barrier and akin to pavises.

Not to mention their shoulder armor does the same thing for the most part.

>
Surely that just fucks the poorer soldiers who cant afford a full samurai armor.

gg ashigaru.

I'm guessing it's just game mechanics making it seem like arrows are the end all weapon?

poor soldiers are always fucked, regardless of their respective culture.

I used to be one of those people, but console gaming has long turned away from plug-and-play.
>boot up console
>it wants to install a firmware update
>reboot console
>get to the console's main menu
>popup tells me about new e-shop titles
>want to start the game
>game downloads a 1 GB update
>finally start the game
>health warning screen
And unlike with a PC, you can't as easily ignore these things or run them in the background.

At least in Europe most could afford a Gambeson, helmet, shield and spear. Maybe even mail.

Depending on the era ashigaru could be quite heavily armoured actually.

why did janitors nuke twg

Maybe they started rabidly shitposting like /gsg/ again.

>twg
you have to go back

What the fuck is that.

That looks sufficiently horrific.

there is nowhere to go back to, its dead

>/gsg/ about to get raped

qt squires are for protecting, not raping

Didn't it just die due to lack of posts? It got pretty dead lately iirc.

/gsg/ isn't a squire
She's a prisoner of war

oh fug

never even considered that when looking at this picture

/twg/ should be the entire gang of people there
/gsg/ should be the ground.

Who here 63e?
63e cav here!

Can I conquer Calradia with just horse archers?
youtube.com/watch?v=el93MIxAf-c

Probably as long as you try to get field battles consistently. Sieges are ungodly.

>tfw kicked out of a regiment for screaming "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" when bayonet charging

regiments are for submissive fags who get off on another more dominant fag ordering them around with assumed authority

>regiments

Yes, just get a throng of cattle to follow you and starve every city/castle to death while you beat up everyone on field battles.

Are you some uncivilized native player!? Maybe in line it can be full of subs but in cavalry, theres is no better way to enjoy the game!

I wish I could be there to see that

Who /khergit/ here

Yes, if you throw enough horse archers at the enemy eventually you'll win

AVE!

regiments revolve around that though, and there's always a commander

>p-p-permission to sp-speak s-s-s-sir??
>haha granted ;)
sums up the TS

No one does that in cav lmao. We just talk freely until the leading officer tells us to charge in which we try not to talk in respect for the newer rankers to focus. We also stop as well if he has to tell us to follow him in a certain way.

>tfw no qt subby regiment bf

Sorry user, I am too tall and hairy to be a sub! You could join the 63e and meet a lot of subs though!

its not the squire its the feMC, its the image you see when you get injured and get the "your soldiers carry you off..." screen

Shut up and take my cock, you cavalry slut.

No thank you user! I know some very cute guys who would love to take it though that remain in the 63e!

i have to join a regiment to get my dick sucked?

Well, it's one way!

>tfw playing geckojew

>being part of a normal unit
>not being a special unit under the direct command of His Imperial Majesty
What a loser

>tfw Warband is nothing but boring surcoats and mail
>tfw Bannerlord is going to be even worse and probably won't have any plate whatsoever

But cavalry are especial!!
We dress well with have beautiful swords in which we ride over the peasant infantry who use their muddy boots to march!

What are you even expecting, armor is not actually rich in variety if you reduce it to material and general designs.

Wait for Floris 2 if you want tacky armor, faggot.

That's what happens when you play uncivilized native or pw!

Good, good.
Plate is overrated. I want those sick byzantine armor sets.

at the height of plate armour there was a lot of variety in design

>tacky
like a greathelm and a surcoat?

Each of us are easily worth ten of your entire regiment and we can fly.

Doesn't matter when you're an archmage.

No, no there wasn't. They're all "plate", just like Bannerlord will be mainly lamellar.

>No, no there wasn't. They're all "plate"
but a sallet doesn't look like a great bascinet doesn't look like an armet, etc.

And not all helmets will look the same in that time period just look at . I don't know what you're complaining about.

>and probably won't have any plate whatsoever
You will get your fucking plate armour in dozens of mods, you whiny bitch. You will get them even in native once the game is released.

Silly heretic, Nw is a Catholic DLC knows such folktales like Wizards are not real!

「Meteor Storm」

「Africa」

this, lorica squamata is the best looking armour design ever conceived

Isn't Segmentata actually superior to the chainmail that followed and got squatted for being too expensive? How does that hold up against squamata?

Are you silly? Why would even rate armor? They are all uncivilized! Woolen uniforms are what truly should be rated!

>banana republic monkey hasn't heard of kevlar yet

>wearing armour when you have tribal magic to protect you
What would we do about the General Butt Nakeds of Africa

>the nigger with the wedding dress
gets me every time

its lamellar

>gm running out of ideas
I almost choked to death

Let their cannibalism kill them from the inside.

I meant without. Shit.

Does anyone know or have a link to where I can get the Saber or Archer mod?

Kettle helmets, nasal helmets, greathelms, that's what you can expect to see in Bannerlord. for the western factions at least.

>You will get them even in native once the game is released.
Unlikely. Mod assets are shit, we'll probably just end up with Narf's models again seeing as that's what's being used in Attila mods.

>Mod assets are shit
Skyrim mods regularly have professional-tier assets in them.
>but it's not realistic
Some of them are.

>first Bannerlord expansion is 6-8 months away
What do you think it will be? Napoleonic Wars 2 seems too obvious. I just want a Hundreds Years War or Thirty Years War expansion.

>Call of Jerusalem: Deus Vult Warfare

>this is what Bannerlord mods will look like
feels good man

What's a good mod that improves the models for characters faces to make them more attractive without changing anything else?
I don't mean kawaii uguu anime shit, just something better-looking than vanilla.

Wings of glory does a great job at that. It fixes the issue with most women looking like fucking ducks lmao.