/twg/ - Total War General

WHY DOES IT KEEP GETTING 404'D EDITION

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_3

>Vlad von Carstein Free-LC
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - Vlad von Carstein FREE-LC (embed)

>The Grim and the Grave
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - The Grim & The Grave Official Trailer (ESRB) (embed)
store.steampowered.com/app/404013/

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-kql7cpcOo
youtu.be/2gCgluVD0Aw
twinbeard.com/frog-fractions/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is now September. With the end of the summer months, The sallow season begins. Ros-fothar in the tongue of the Asrai, it is a time of waning. The Consort-King Orion weakens and rages against his fate, destined to be immolated on the pyre in the coming months. The forest undergoes a change of color from the vibrant hues of summer to more subdued and mottled shades of Autumn.

But if it is a time of waning, so too is it a time of harvest. The bounty of the forest hangs ripely, to be plucked effortlesly by the merry wanderers of its vales and meadows. How fitting, then, that in this, the first month of the season of harvest, the Wood Elves will make a bounteous gift of themselves, the latest and greatest of the factions to be released in Total War: Warhammer.

Wood Elves soon.

Vlad!

What the fuck happened? I thought we disappeared

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-kql7cpcOo

I think OP got banned or something. I've seen it happen other times.

Good job TWG you got pushed off the board.

Please don't die
t. /mbg/

RIP

Worst elves soon.

TILEA!

Are there any good mods for Empire: Total War?

youtu.be/2gCgluVD0Aw

KILL THE ORCS
SLAY THE ORCS
DESTROY THE ORCS!

Mannfred did nothing wrong

Ok Mannfred

fuck off manny

SUMMON

I'M BUSY

Are we autosaged?

>be KKK
>believe protestants are master race and catholics are pagans
>adopt the garb of catholic knightly orders anyway

Anyone calling Wood Elves Worst Elves reveals themselves as not liking elves in the first place.

A true partisan for High Elves, who holds the Asur above all others, would properly revile their enemies, the Druchii.

Conversely, a player who has invested their heart in the Dark Elves has no business casting stones at Wood Elves when those stones could be hitting High elves in their insufferably shiny conical heads.

The people who slither from the attic to call Wood Elves Worst Elves in fact hate Elves to begin with- for Wood Elves are the most ideologically pure, closest to the classic "Elf" without other frills. It is the very bow-wielding tree-loving long-eared Elf that has been the staple of fantasy for a half-decade that they revile.

Wood Elves are called Worst Elves by those who are diametrically opposed to Elves, because they are the most Elven Elves. To restate matters more clearly, they are Best Elves.

>Trying to play Averland
>Making peace everywhere
>Help Stirland fuck up vampires
>Wissenland gets buttrekt over something and declares war
>Make peace with vampires and go home
>Wissenland ruined my perfect town
>Vampires get bored and declare war on me again
>Vampires ruin my perfect town
>Make peace with Wissenland and go defend my home again
FUCK IT, I'M GOING DOWN IN A BLAZE OF GLORY BEFORE WISSENLAND COMES BACK AND I'M TAKING EVERY VAMPIRE WITH ME, EVERYTHING IS GETTING RAZED

A LOS

wood elves suck because they are close to the "classic elf"

They're generic and boring and most of all the fact that they're hicks but act all high and mighty is annoying

CONDES

>not liking elves in the first place
Good.
This is why Dark Elves are best elves - they're most inclined to kill other elves.

The rustic nature of Wood Elves is a key ideological part of their comfiness. Urban living is for dystopic societies like the Dark Elves or Skaven. Innawoods ruraldom NEETLIFE is why Wood Elves are the best faction.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

Elves as Atlantis or Elves as Canada are more interesting than elves as forestniggers

The overwhelming majority of elves in fiction are savages running through the forests having sex with deer to prove how much they love the earth mother or whatever while acting as the mouthpiece for retarded enviromentalist authors about how evil humans are for building cities

Wood Elves aren't exactly painting with all the colors of the wind, though. They are a far cry from an environmentalist mouthpiece and waste no time condemning humans. Humans barely factor in to what the Wood Elves are doing or what they are about.

Wood Elves have a poor sense of the past or future; most of them don't keep written records or think about what is going on outside the comfyforest. Why would you? They've got that inward-looking isolation some of the better cultures in human history have occasionally come close to achieving. They are so absorbed in their own pleasant existence that until their nose was literally rubbed in shit through constant gorposting they didn't bother to look to see what was going on outside their NEET lair.

Wood Elves don't have environmentally responsible development and industry. They don't have industry. They aren't industrious; they don't work. They have shota servants and magical-girls-in-training in their courts, and waste their time on esoteric pursuits that suit them. Their magical land has broken down the barriers of time and space and ushered in 2D paradise, and they dedicate all their attention to being absorbed in the bliss of their own existence, roused only to defend it because the outside world resents their comfiness.

BASQUE COUNTS GET OUT OF MY EMPIRE REEEEEEEE

This nigga gets it.

Estalian*

Americans aren't very bright.

just refunded the grim and the grave

came to my senses again that i'm being jewed

>came to my senses after buying something I wanted

No fuckwit, that's called peer pressure. If you thought you were being jew'd in the first place you wouldn't have bought it. Now you have just changed your mind because you're austimo.

Are there even any historyfags left? This general is 99% warhammer now.

>tfw I hate this cartoony warhammer bullshit with a passion
>tfw there'll be 2 more overpriced warhammer games + dlc
>tfw you suckers will gladly buy that garbage and encourage SEGA to charge even more in the future

Total War is dead isn't it

Warhammer is a nice break from waging war in Europe, I just hope the next release is historical.

I'd kill for a 14th/15th century game.

You are 4 months late m8

Don't be faggot and talk about whatever you want, as long as it's TW related, somebody will talk about it

But for the love of god, don't bring religion, baptistanon may be lurking

Wow Warhammer dropped from over 80% positive ratings to only 64% in a matter of a few months.

This may be the first good Total War game since Shogun and CA still manages to fuck up their legacy with scummy DLC practises.

LOL
O
L

>Bretonnia Faction Finisher - $20 (Includes Mini-Campaign (Also they learn 'The Lady's Stance' (move through unpassable terrain))

Maybe one complete TW game would have been nice I'll give you that. But not three games. If they wanted to make a fantasy game so badly, why not make multiple different fantasy games every few years or so? Come on, a proper Lord of the Rings game would have been great. A Song of Ice and Fire too.

>hate some fantasy media with a passion

Loser.

Bretonnia is going to be free though.

Those two licences were too expensive.

Plus this gives CA a chance at a true passion project.

>A Song of Ice and Fire total war.

They could just make historical medieval game instead of wasting time on that shit.

Now that we have more fleshed out factions and beastmen, what's coming next?

New Lore of Magic, Wood Elves and fair Bretonnia.

with extra DLC units

(see grim and the grave)

Probably some time after the free dlc yes. Not much to add though, unless they don't add any new units with the free dlc.

Or if GW allows them to conjure up some totally new units for that matter.

Why not both? I agree that the low fantasy stuff doesn't make for very varied battles but neither would Medieval 3

Really? I know that the Tolkien Estate is quite strict but HBO lets basically anyone make a GoT game. Bethesda was even asked to make one.

It's still shitty. Announcing something as free and then making DLC's for it. It's getting out of hand.

CA has made a quality game to work with, why ruin it now?

>Announcing something as free and then making DLC's for it.

Wot? Have they announced paid dlc for Bretonnia?

they added two new units for the grim and the grave, the rest were just shit reskins with boosted stats

a right fucking rip off

No, not yet. I just replied to the user who said it's possible. It was hypothetical. Don't panic just yet.

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

B-BUT CUSTOM SKELETONS AND ANIMATIONS

I know this is a troll but it's 6 new units and reskins.

Two LLs, two lords, 5 new units.

6 dollars is nothing really desu.

we are still here. only we don't act like spergs.
>total war is dead
then you should die with it.

>6 new units and two lords
>7,49€

Because ASOIAF is a terrible setting and held together by duct tape?

>because daughters of mars was such much better

Jesus christ. Don't complain about something that hasn't happened. You can start complaining when it has happened or when you got real empirical evidence of it happening. Fucking insane.

>Medieval 3 Total War
>HRE is a preorder bonus
>England is a DLC
>discovering America is a 20$ expansion

I don't want Medieval 3. Maybe Empire 2.

I didn't complain. I said it WOULD be shitty if CA did that.

>implying I bought any rome 2 dlc

And Warhammer isn't?

Whoa there champ. See you in 3 months when CA releases a Bretonnia unit pack for 5 bucks.

t. Johann

Knowing CA it will be more like
>american tribes DLC pack
>unlocks the eastern coast of NA, Mexico and central america and the tip of South america
>factions there have their own unique mechanics and objectives
>are moderately expensive
>you can still kill them and genocide them without paying a cent

>steam reviews will say how this is another shoah and have 500 mixed reviews.

>the reviewers will buy HoI4: Women in WW2 DLC and the Indian faces DLC.

>baptistanon
tbqh he is one of my fav. shitposters.

>why complain about things you don't own

>boohoo I bought the game on release and it had all 100% of what it said it included on the back of the box
>now they are releasing -additional- content
>waaaaaah why wasn't this in the game I chose to purchase full well knowing what I would get for my money

Fuck me, if this is the way human thinking is going we might as well skip forward to our end times.

>implying Warhammer isn't the epitome of standard fantasy

VLAD
VON CARSTEIN

The attractive of G and G was the liege lords included as well as lords like the Ghoul King

Because all of this shit could very well be in the base game for the same price. Maybe CA likes to act as if they're some sort of indie devs who need expensive DLC to survive, but surely putting out half baked garbage isn't the solution.

>Units using the same skeletons and animations are reskins
ok.

Please fuck off back to /v/ or wherever you came from

Don't you actually have to own a game on steam before you can review it? Which would mean all the people bitching about beastmemes bought it anyway.

>be christian
>be racist

Wew lad

So a bit of content that took maybe a week to develop.

Sorry but that is the kimd of stuff that belongs into a well fleshed out vanilla game, not a DLC

Warhammer is a setting that was designed to sell TT games and has thematic armies that revolve around that in a unique D&D esque setting. The faction's identities are closely tied to their armies for the most part, like the empire's culture and history is based of the 16th century germanic states

>standard fantasy
>having the patrican aesthetics of arthurian england + medieval frace bordering Renaissance germany.

You didn't mention "would" at all though.

>It's getting out of hand

>Whoa there champ. See you in 3 months when CA releases a Bretonnia unit pack for 5 bucks.

I mean it's possible but the last thing we need is more complaining about nothing on /twg/. Not good for your brain.

>standard fantasy

At the time, barely.

Also

>Fantasy Landsknechts
>standard fantasy

Bretonnia will be in for free because it was supposed to be in the base game but they ran out of time to develop it

You say "it could be in the base game for the same price"

Well here's a secret for you- they continue to make extra content which in fact doesn't suck like Vlad and give it to people for free. Meaning in 2 or 3 years when all three games have come out the person buying it will get a bunch of extra shit that wasn't in game at release just packaged as part of the game.

>slapping Tolkienesque cliches, european folklore and a minimum of historic inspirations together
>WOW WHAT AN ORIGINAL SETTING

>Christianity is a religion about being nice
>doing mean stuff is not Christian

How do u like your post-modern skew on ancient religions famalam?

Okay, then sorry that I didn't express myself clearly.

When all three games are out, the people who followed the DLC and bought them all paid multiple hundred dollars/euros/whatever to get a complete game. Not fair at all

It's ok I overreacted too. Still we need to take it easy more

Where do retards like you come from anyway? Previous total war games had far less content at release than WTW yet charged the same fucking price. Further CA release shit like the brown wizard, bretonnia and Vlad for free so whiners like you who hate buying DLC can't complain that all the FLC is garbage.

And yet you still complain.

What the fuck do you want, a hundred dollar game that's 100% finished and will never have DLC? The DLC model exists specifically because the DLC money (on top of CA being a business which wants to make money, which will partially go on to fund the next part of the WTW trilogy, partially go to fund the next historical game and partially go to pay their own paychecks after all this is allocated by Sega) is used to justify the existence of the DLC itself, in order to create a better and more fleshed out game instead of just having one liege lord for each race.

>faux europe + vampires + fairytale creatures + tolkien races = good setting

Yeah sure.

>hundred dollar game
I'd even buy it for 120 and still only pay about half of what it will all end up costing.

>m-muh developers need money too
Stop it with that crap. Plenty of devs can charge less for even bigger DLC, so stop defending CA with this overused "argument"

Is there a good fraction unlocker?

I wanna play with some western dwarfs!

>Kingdoms expansion pack

>very few new unique factions
>many reskinned factions
>Doesn't add any new big features
>Maps that modders could make any time
>Doesn't fix a lot of the issues in the base game
>Didn't add any new stuff to the GC

Shitty deal really

Still liked it

>setting does it first
>others copy it
>Wow, the original is so unispired.

no fractions in the game, you could however play this game if you want fractions twinbeard.com/frog-fractions/

>plenty of devs
which ones?
there are race speciic unlockers online.

Good game. No Pontus Fraction though

>there are race speciic unlockers online.
I found one, lets hope it works with the latest update

No. Warhammer didn't do"it" first. The dwarven and elven factions are clearly from Tolkien. Vampires exist in this form since Dracula, also much older than Memehammer. The arthurian legend stuff is even older. Many things are taken from mythology dating back to the greeks and from european folklore.

The only "new" thing Warhammer did was adding more outlandisch races like lizardmen and skaven. And even lizardmen are inspired by real world cultures and not original.

So tell me, why is compiling a bunch of elements from existing works and sources something original?

good luck