How to stay awake?

Story short.
> family company
> have to pickup goods sometimes
> go with father
> I am all awake during the trip out
> when I drive back, I get all sleepy

Never pushed my luck, just give him the wheel when I get too sleepy.
Trip is like 3.5 + pack up + 3.5 hours or so.

How the hell do I stay awake?
I use caffeine pills.
Take one before start, take one at the warehouse (or two), but it seems like it has no effect.

I try to sleep enough, but you know how hard is it to just go to bed like at 5pm or something instead of the usual 10-11pm.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0-WYMoBvrg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Either sleep like a fucker before the trip, or die.

.t nightshift nurse

Caffeine is like a drug, literally. The more you take the lesser the effect. For now take my advice and hibernate before trips like everyone else and wane yourself off from caffeine for a few weeks. Only use them when you're tired as shit, trust me.

Loud music also helps, and by being cold. i.e. rolling down the windows or blasting the ac.

Chew sunflower seeds
Blast music
Count the number of red cars you pass
Scream for a solid 5 seconds
Roll windows down
Turn between full blast a/c and full heat
Tell yourself a story
Make a budget out loud
Make a goal out loud
Give every oncoming driver a look
What not to do at a stoplight bro

Roughly 8 hours will be fine. You shouldn't need to worry. If, though, you do get tired, the only thing to do is sleep 30 minutes. Everything else is bullshit and dangerous, because it only works for a minute or two.

Oh and, by the way, you can not "pre-sleep"/charge up on sleep.
It's not possible.

There was a "well rested" perk in fallout

Also anyone who's taken a full on 10 hour baby nap can tell you the difference between an 8 hour nap and 10 hour full on hibernation nap

You can't plan to sleep 10 hours instead of 8. Going to bed earlier, you'll either wake up earlier, or you'll actually be worse off the next day.
It's scientifically proven, even. Thought I'd seen it on Youtube as well, but since it ain't there, it must be in the scientific journal I'm subscribed to.

> Caffeine is like a drug, literally.
I know, I am an addict. But, I am not so sure if I stopped drinking, and would just pop pills, it would help me out when I am dead sleepy.
You know when you start "daydreaming", like literally, dreaming.... and then you catch yourself, now that's the last step before you enter dream land.

> Loud music also helps, and by being cold. i.e. rolling down the windows or blasting the ac.
Yeah. I would. But, I have the passenger with me, who complains if I turn on cold, if I roll down window, if I listen to music. As harsh that is, I can't really do any of those.

Nice list, thanks!

Yeah 8 hours is not long, but we start at midnight and get back around 9am or so, that's why it's so shitty.

Also... how comes if I pick up these aliexpress cheap sunglasses - I get insta-sleepy? Does it affect melanin production? I never had this effect from the other cheapo Lidl glasses I used. (Anyone knows a good brand?)

See my reply here:
The problem basically is that it's not scheduled, really. There is a notice that we have to pick up in a few days. That ain't much to "change your schedule".

I know, it sounds like I am asking for the impossible here. I don't know. Maybe there will be some good ideas.

3.5 hours?
You are fucking WEAK. I've done 8, 9 hours without issue.

Just sip energy drinks the whole way. Stereo up, foot down, enjoy the drive.

>I know, I am an addict.
Sounds stupid but have you tried cycling it? Let your bodies ability to break down caffeine reset over a couple of weeks and then a couple of weeks buzzed up like a fruit fly in a farmers market.

Kinda helps, but giving it up for the drives only... maybe I will do that. Sacrifices are hard, mate. Especially if it's drugs.

>you know how hard is it to just go to bed like at 5pm
It's easy if you didn't sleep the night before, Dumbfuck.

Chain smoking cigs, extra strength 5hr energies, windows down, and loud music. Sometimes I switch it up with sports talk radio, kinda keeps me engaged. When I can't smoke anymore, I get a big bag of some chewy candy.

Timing is important too. If possible, I don't like doing the last leg of the drive at night.

That's how I do the Chicago to Miami drive all the time. That is 24hrs straight tho so you are just a pussy. I always end up with an upset stomach by the end of the trip though from drinking half a dozen 5hr energy shots, eating a couple pounds of candy, and smoking 4 packs of cigs.

You might want to pick up a vape. You can alternate between no nicotine and some nicotine for a mouthfixation/small upper.

I say hydration and nutrition. Drink plenty of water already the day before and have water on hand when on the road. Eat something proper that takes its time to digest giving you energy for a long time and not just a rush.

This isn't that far off from prepping for a march or marathon. Just look up some healthy diet tips. (not any clickbait "8 nutrition tips for a huge dick and body in 2 weeks" BS)

This. Even a 20-minute nap has been proven to aid alertness.

8.9 hours lol fall in line pussy I've done 19 in one sitting, don't stop didn't shit didn't piss just drove. My body became a part of the car by the time the trip was over. My skin has cemented itself with the leather and my legs shriveled.

How come nobody has suggested stronger stimulants? Caffeine and nicotine are pussy shit compared to stimulants like Ritalin, Adderall, and--in VERY extreme cases-- Desoxyn. (That last one, I'll call it by its brand name so as to not attract the ire of the white knights and anti-drug warriors.)

Obviously, use *extreme* care when using any of these drugs and try not to make it a regular thing. If addiction runs in your family, STEER THE FUCK CLEAR and disregard this entire post.

Anyways, if the time comes when caffeine just isn't enough anymore, any small dose of the aforementioned drugs will make it impossible for you to fall asleep even if you try until they wear off. Remember, only ingest the smallest effective dose to achieve the desired result; otherwise you're more likely to get into drug addict territory.

Honestly, these other replies are stupid. There is no reason to go to those lengths using methods that may or may not work. If you want to take control of an involuntary process of your body, if you want to force your mind and body to feel and act a certain way--why the fuck would anybody recommend anything other than a mind-altering chemical? As if they're intentionally pretending not to notice the most tried, true, and effective approach to such a problem. Truly baffling.

Say hello to your new friend, deep vein thrombosis.

You might want to kill yourself

Slap yourself in the face every few minutes

srs.

Doesn't work unless you get someone else to do it for you. Tired self will always pull his slaps and punches.

Get some OTC bronkaid from a pharmacy and take one + 200mg caffeine pill as needed. I usually take one every four hours, but you can increase the rate to maybe every 2 hours as needed,

I drive trucks and sometimes when I've only had 4-5 hours of sleep and the 5 Hour Energy drinks don't work, I will slap myself hard a few times and it will work for 2-3 minutes at a time.

Listen to audio books narrated by Denzel Washington

Ohshit better yet, play this loud on a loop lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=0-WYMoBvrg4

hey joe rogan, what did you think about ufc 200?

No.

i have to worry about this when doing calls that are far out

i roll the window down, listen to really loud music and stay uncomfortable

Try jerking off while driving
I can confirm that a simple JO sesh or two will help break the monotony of a long drive

i drive 10 hours a day for work and then another 2-3 hour commute and i'm an alcoholic insomniac

when i feel like i'm going to fall asleep at the wheel i just stop (and hide if i'm at work) and power nap for like 10-20 minutes

it works amazing, complete refresh