/fog/ - Fallout General

remove mutie edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>Nuka World Collectibles Guides
>SCAV! Mags
imgur.com/a/caZVa
>Nuka Recipes
imgur.com/a/iyZy4
>Starcores
imgur.com/a/y4EMu
>Medallions
imgur.com/a/Fg9IT
>Cappys
imgur.com/a/B0PrB

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/cfog/ Thread
>/aco/ Thread
Pre-war thread:

Nuka World is a piece of shit.

ur a piece of sh*t

whatever just gibe (you)

>That takes back to launch, where I thought you couldn't just go and upgrade your SPECIAL. Silly me was still stuck in FO3/NV logics...

>you can't raise your SPECIAL in fo3 or FNV

wut

Is ther any chance that we'll get a well made dual wielding mod at some point?

reminder

Dual wielding is a meme

>beth's references to Lovecraft
Bethesda referencing Lovecraft is kinda stretchin' it. I doubt Emil is interested in those stories. Lots of Sci-Fi does take inspiration from it, and I'd imagine the movies Bethesda is inspired by was indirectly inspired by Lovecraft.

And the ghost house, while a fun little sidequest, wasn't really "eldritch" since it was pretty straight-forward.

Far Harbor would've been a pretty great opportunity though. Maybe Far Harborites could've been deformed with the Innsmouth look, with the implication that it was radiation mixing with something from under the sea. And the final progression might be more hostile and monstrous.

You couldn't max them all out, you could only perk up like 3 SPECIAL points

It's a fun meme, though.

FO4 is amazingly unspooky, even shit like the Cabot House questline features absolutely no spoops.

It's super unedgy, raiders just feel like goofy cartoon character.

I don't know what the tone they were going for was

Fallout 4 is probably one of the worst games ever devised by man.

Intense Training had 10 ranks
FO3 and FNV have you start with 7 more SPECIAL than FO4
FO3 had almost perfect
FNV had cyborg SPECIAL enhancements

Max profit by selling to COD-playing ten year olds who can spin it off as just another shooter.

Saturday morning cartoons, and /r/funny.

The worst example is that is the Museum of Witchcraft
>DUDE A DEATHCLAW LMAO
fuck off

Bethesda is hiding butt sliders from us. Why are they allowed to get away with this?

But yeah, as good of an upgrade as the customization is, it leaves me wanting more. There are way too many arbitrary limits when it comes to face proportions (probably because they're scared of face-weighted clothing looking weird).
Changing muscle/fat mass does nothing to the texture and normal maps of the torso. You can't get ripped because you already are, even if you're obese or dangerously underweight? And I'm pretty sure the textures exist in the vanilla game. I've seen them on NPCs.
Also, as is highlighted in the picture, there's another layer of character body customization (affecting scale of polys weighted to individual bones?) that can only be modified through modding. Pretty sad.

Shit, I was looking forward to that.

So was I user.

>I don't know what the tone they were going for was
Flanderization

Why the FUCK are the Shank quests in nuka world even a thing?

If there was ever a fucking thing like artificial playtime, this is it.

Why are the female raiders in NW so thicc? not complaining

The only time f4 had atmosphere was when you first left the vault and you went back home, and then to concord to save preston(first time only, then the radiant quests ruined him), when you first went to diamond city, when you first visited the glowing sea, and then when you first visited the institute. I see a pattern here

Armored skirts.

Are there any autoloot programs yet?
Fireundubh's seems to have broken and I am no longer given the holotape and when I add it, none of the looting procs anymore.

>I don't know what the tone they were going for was
1950's scifi b-movie cliches, you know, like Falout has always been based around?

If anything, fallout 1 was more of a 80s action movie and comic book style, the only references to the 50s came from the design of the technology, some references like nuka cola and the intro

That said, we are talking about bethesda, who made a random ass dog from the first game into a fucking icon, along with the likes of vault boy

Dogmeat makes an appearance in 2 as well.

Which Gangs like what Parks?

>along with the likes of vault boy
They used Vault-Tec like a whore in 4's marketing.

>That said, we are talking about bethesda, who made a random ass dog from the first game into a fucking icon, along with the likes of vault boy

>Mad Max is one of the things that Fallout always drew from
>literally the dog from Road Warrior
>was in Fallout 1 and 2
>was in 3, found in the same way as the previous 2 games

They fucked it up in 4 though. Making it a GSD because "muh real life studio dog" was retarded

>who made a random ass dog
Which lots of people loved, and whose death to force fields was so common in-game that Interplay made it canon in the Vault Dweller's memoirs.

dogmeat was always something of an icon in Fallout 1.

>death to force fields was so common in-game that Interplay made it canon in the Vault Dweller's memoirs.
That's great.

as a fucking easter egg, in a non canon special encounter, along with young tandi.

Honestly, if they just said that it was anrando dog, I would buy that, but they said that this is the direct anestor of the original dogmeat, we are to assume the same thing about the f4 dogmeat

I get the mad max reference, but they whored dogmeat out like vault boy. He is supposed to be another little character in the game, not a fucking mascot

see
But that brings up another question, if dogmeat died in mariposa, how the fuck did he reproduce with some bitch in dc? makes about as much sense as the kid in the fridge

I wonder if bethesta will make some consolation prize for console users, newgame+ or some or cheats.

>we are to assume the same thing about the f4 dogmeat

yeah a purebred gsd is a direct descendant of a blue heeler

he got the name because mama murphy is a schizo jenkem whore

It annoys me the way ghouls in 4 go from prune people with really good hair to zombies that look nothing like a ghoul. There should be some overlap in the design of feral & non feral.

>people like dogs
>REEEEEEEEE WHY ARE THE SHOWING OFF A DOG AT CONVENTIONS
Fuck off autist.

you know, if you said the same thing about beth employees, I wouldn't even be surprised

In f3, they tried, and niggers who hate on it can say whatever they want, it was a worthy successor and a good introduction to the third dimension for the franchise. In f4, they gave up, didn't even bother finishing the game. Here is hoping that whoever makes new orleans at least uses the engine well

Tell me about it. Ghouls should be green because they are failed supermutants, exposed to fev but also to large amounts of radiation. Bethesda more or less just made them into zombies.

And don't get me started on the kid in the fridge the only canon explenation is that to that bs is literal magic

>And don't get me started on the kid in the fridge the only canon explenation is that to that bs is literal magic
inb4 pete

>Sony is this paranoid that PSN 2011 hack 2.0 is going to happen

people shilled infinity ward whe they did that for cod ghosts, so I will do the same for bethesda

also fuck dogmeat I want him to be killable, but he is required for the main storyline. Mod fix when?

>people shilled infinity ward whe they did that for cod ghosts, so I will do the same for bethesda
what does this even mean?

>But that brings up another question, if dogmeat died in mariposa, how the fuck did he reproduce with some bitch in dc? makes about as much sense as the kid in the fridge
Not all the Dogmeats are related.

Dogmeat is more like a metaphysical concept rather then a direct line of dogs

it means that when iw whored out their tacticool dog, people mocked them for it, but when bethesda does the same thing, people are okay with it

Double standards are killing me here. Especially since ghosts was actually a decent cod, your mileage may vary with advanced warfare but after that, cod went straight to hell. Dog wasn't even main part of the storyline like dogmeat is in f4, he's just another bland character that you see in a few missions

Does anyone else get a problem with the tagged junk outline staying on the screen when you bring your pip-boy screen up?

Nah, that would require additional work. If Bethesda is going to do anything odds are they'll give a discount for the PC version for owners of the PS4 version.

kill yourself

Every Dogmeat is descendant of Nate and Nora's doge who ran away to prepare for the atomic bomb, knowing its children and children's children would defend the world from evil

With this and the recent blunder that will be the PS4 Pro (No 4k/Ultra HD Blu Ray playback, capped FPS in certain online games with regular PS4 players) why on earth would anyone get a PS4 over an Xbone?

are you the same retard that keeps spamming links to pol?

nah m8

Why on earth would anyone buy a console over a PC

They're fucking retards, that's why.

Bloodborne Tbh

I only bought a console for cod

my 360 years were great, also introduced me to dead rising

They like Hell. You should send them there.

Ghouls needs some lore love. Ferals especially.

Nuka-World touched on it quite nicely with Oswald and his friends. There's a lot of neat stuff there.
I especially liked the little exchange between him and the feral when he was trying to paint it.

They had a hell of a lot of exposure in 3 too.

The sustenance thing is pretty weird. I think Bethesda's idea of things is that starving a ghoul of food and water just totally fucks them up (as opposed to them straight up dying, like in Necropolis.) That's why the BoS soldier feeds the ferals, to keep them docile. As for the Gunner that says "they don't need food or water", I think that's literally just because he doesn't know what he's talking about. Radiation also keeps them alive. The boy in the fridge is really dodgy, but you could always say he survived on stale rainwater or something. Honestly, worse things have happened in the FO universe.

>$400 for a now $20 title

DR series is also on PC

>Honestly, worse things have happened in the FO universe.
Nothing worse than when Bethesda bought it because they were afraid to make their own post-apocalyptic title.

yes soon enough, but dr1 was a 360 exclusive for 10 years

tbqh, I will be switching gears into dr again, dr1 with mods will be the shit, good warmup before dr4 comes out

BEthesda actually expanded ghoul lore a lot in Fallout 3, the problem was the terminal it was on was bugged, and the links aren't set up properly, so clicking on them doesn't bring up anything.

>In my seven dozen years studying the ghoul anatomy, I discover more and more evidence to support my theory on the nature of the not-radiological human, or "ghoul" as they are commonly called.

>In summary: I theorize that our unnaturally long lifespan is due to a mutation within the autonomic nervous system of certain individuals following exposure to specific combinations of ionizing radiation with wavelengths below 10 picometers. This mutation, it seems, disrupts the normal process of decay in the neurotransmitters along the spinal cord.

>Specifically, the transmitters effected are those responsible for cardiac and respiratory function in a healthy human. According to my studies, these transmitters are continually regenerated after mutation, carrying sufficient oxygen to sustain the life of the subject while being insufficient to retain skin elasticity and avoid necrosis, the result of which is the corpse-like appearance of post-mutation humans. It should be noted that exposure to radiation typically result in sickness followed by death and the x-factor that will lead to mutation upon exposure in lieu of the typical outcome remains unknown to this researcher.

>In the coming months, I will be assembling my findings on this subject into a full study.

So with Nuka World is the Dev team officially wrapping up support for the game? As in will we still be getting a couple of patches before they end development for good on it?

>Bloodborne Tbh
Every time.

>The brain structure of a Luminous Necrotic Post-Human (colloquially referred to as a "Glowing One") indicates that the regenerative ability of the neurological systems that affords typical Necrotic Post-Humans their longevity, does not extend into the higher reasoning functions of the brain itself. This subject is further covered in report on the dissection of Feral Necrotic Post-Humans

>The distinctive luminescence that is the trademark of the Glowing One can be best attributed to an unusual amount of radioactive chemicals that building up in the bloodstream and muscle tissue of a typical Ghoul. Upon the transformation into a Feral Ghoul, the neurological systems of the body cease filtering these particles from the blood and tissue, instead causing them to build a distinctive bioluminescence that is distinctive of the "Glowing Ones".

>Their social structure seems to be different from that of the Feral Ghoul. They actively seek out others of both their strain and those afflicted with Ferocious Post-Necrotic Dystrophy, particularly those who may have been injured. Studies on the nature of their healing effects on other ghouls continues with no conclusive results as of yet.

>The brain structure of a Feral Necrotic Post-Human indicates that the regenerative ability of the neurological systems that affords typical Necrotic Post-Humans their longevity does not extend into the higher reasoning functions of the brain itself. This is a condition that I refer to as Ferocious Post-Necrotic Dystrophy.

>As the reasoning and high order thinking portions of the brain deteriorate, the Post-Human subject becomes increasingly hostile, giving into a carnal need to feed as opposed to the capacity for thinking that reasoning that a typical Necrotic Post-Human retains. It remains unclear exactly what precipitates this change in biology and psychology, but anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that non-social ghouls, or those in isolation, are more prone to the condition.

>kid in the fridge is dodgy

even if we assume that ghouls don't need to eat or drink, which is impossible, they still need to breathe. The kid would run out of breath long before he became a ghoul. This a real phenomenom in the 50s, before the government made it the law that the fridge has to be able to open from the inside as well

Not him, but if you actually look at the fridge, you will see its not entirely sealed.

Patching will be done by next month at the most.
That's also when modders go back to Skyrim so consider FO4 dead in the water.

It's just shitty writing by an employee. No more, no less.

I'm looking forward to playing skyrim again.

Wanamingos. Intelligent Deathclaws. Tunnelers. Hell, even The Master doesn't make sense.

>trying to explain the kid in the fridge

Fellas, stop. It's not canon, it doesn't exist, so let's stop talking about it.

The onlu thing tha matters is that there is a mod on nexus that replaces him with a sk3leton, as he should be

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/10

I just noticed, but, the Nuka World Red Rocket doesn't count towards the 8 raider outposts you need for Wasteland Warlord rank three, does it?

So how hard will it be for most modders to make new versions of their mods they already had on vanilla skyrim?

If I had a dime for every modder that has quit because of "muh feelings" or "muh comments" I would be rich.

Will Fallout 5 have a psyker player character?

>Updated creation engine w/ added effects via FO4
>Mod menu integrated
>Probably be able to use more than 4 GB of ram at a time
>Better performing?
>PC players get it for free

I know that feel user.

No but you will meet a few during gameplay.

Will Bethesda do the whole precombined meshes thing for it too? I know barley anything about modding but from what I can tell that has caused some issues with 4.

It's 64bit which means that yes, it's more stable.

What issues
Do you mean "Suits" instead of modular pieces that modders have done for years in Skyrim

You guys like Stealth?

Not bait.

>Wanamingos
We need high level enemies. What about aliens? We can just say they're FEV or something l o l

>Intelligent Deathclaws
Go against the standard mutations of FEV, and don't really fit in, which is why Avellone said that they're dead and gone after F2.

>The Master
Also goes against the standard mutations of FEV. He turns into a big, pink blob of psychic, hyper-intelligent biological matter than can interface with conventional technology.
Then again, maybe the pre-war batch of FEV he fell into was some archaic unstable bullshit that fucks you up if you stay in it too long. So this one can be excused.

>2000$+ dollars for early access titles

What he means is that many objects, such as bridges and shit rock/tree placements, use a new system called precombined meshes in Fallout 4, which takes all of them and combines it down into one to save system meeory.

However, if you try to change only one of the meshes involved, without regenerating the precombined meshes its used in, te precombined mesh will overwrite the changes.

>stealth
>in a game that gives you power armor and a minigun within the first 15 minutes

Wanamingos are a pre war experiment, Intelligent deathclaws don't go "against a standard of fev", especially since they are an enclave experiment, and the master is a one of a kind mutant

meanwhile, bethesda just made all ghoul "lol radiation zombies"

yeah, you can fuck off

this

It's almost as if he made that post in reply to me.

I never said he didn't.

I

I like this idea

I would love to stealthily plunge my dick into her pussy if you know what I mean

So you're just autistic. Got it.

>inb4 the pol shill comes back to correct the record and derail this thread

They'll have to do something to make up for not delivering on their promises. My guess is that they'll either go back to the limited mod system they already had, or offer some sort of coupon in exchange for a waiver. Worst case: They'll offer a limited refund for PS4 users.

That doesn't look healthy.

>They'll have to do something to make up for not delivering on their promises
Not him but, no they wont.

>They'll have to do something to make up for not delivering on their promises.
>Worst case: They'll offer a limited refund for PS4 users.
They wont do anything. That statement is it.