/hou/ - Finalizing details

Previous Thread: Bring us your humble, your meek, your huddled masses of shitboxes, yearning to be free. Whether ye be poor, or an aristocrat on high, welcome here ye be.

The meet is happening on Friday (July 15th 2016), we will be meeting outside of Dave & Busters at I-10 Frontage Road and Silber. It's the same location as the Fast and Furious meet. Meet time has been decided for 8PM, however the route is still being decided, the discussion is in the last few posts of the previous threads and will continue here. Some of you are concerned about the distance, but it's pretty much the same going from Dave & Busters to 149.

THE NEWS:

- Not much going on other the main meet on Friday

- Exact route is still being discussed, please continue discussion.

- Artwork for the Night Wave name is still being experimented with

- Two T-Shirt designs are out, if bought in bulk will cost $15 a piece, see post - If you want die, go to Jasper

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
> dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Looking to play some vidya? Join our steam group
> steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.
This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android.
> zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Follow us on instagram
> instagram.com/hwatracing/

Remember, /hou/ strong, /hou/ family.

Other urls found in this thread:

generosity.com/fundraising/dracula-help-us-with-a-fully-modified-sc
nightwav.com
instantdomainsearch.com/#search=nightwav
nightwave.club
houstonsupraclub.com
joystixamusements.com
joystixamusements.com/pacmanfever/default.asp
s2ki.com/s2000/topic/990573-very-low-oildamage/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fpbp

Open to suggestions/changes/whatever.

Proposed areas for future meets.

Repost from last thread

Count Chacula.

We also never fleshed out the side activities, either.

Things to look for:

- Karting
- Laser tag
- Paintball
- Any of the combination of the above
- For povertyfag levels of admission

PLS RESPOND

generosity.com/fundraising/dracula-help-us-with-a-fully-modified-sc

C/o/unt dracula

We can just sit around and talk about our favorite waifus and why real girls should be more like 2D girls. Also post cute 2D racing waifus. I don't have any!

nightwav.com when?

instantdomainsearch.com/#search=nightwav

>liking girls

Is he vomiting Sunny D?

Yes because Sunny D is made out of cum and piss

PRAISE THE SUN

>not being alone on the surface of mars

Soon ™

nightwave.club for $25 a year.

There was some discussion about Laser Tag and Paintballing at the mini meet. Paintballing will cost a bit more, but if we do in a large group then it shouldn't matter I think. There is a place called Battlefield Houston that looks promising.

The website has to be something that can benefit over Veeky Forums. It's a good idea for making things official, but in order for it to be successful we would need people to come back to it. Why would they choose that over Veeky Forums?

I thought it would just be used as an information hub, and we continue to use Veeky Forums as our base of operations.

Just do what they did:

houstonsupraclub.com

Well we made it after 5hrs and have already beaten NorCal in replies. There is no point "competing" against them if you know who the winner is.

But we only drive. Anything that happens on the road and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything happens outside of the road and you're on your own. Do you understand?

I guess so, having a frontpage of Night Wave will make us quite official. The discussions will continue here then.

How 'bout this. You shut your mouth. Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and I'll shut it for you.

Did the Map Hype just die out?

literally every other thread on Veeky Forums is guaranteed YAWST (yeah ive been a forumfag since the 90s) and i dont go to the other boards. /hou/ forum when

We tried, no one replied. Let everyone get off of w-work first, r-right?

Soon my friend

Now my car can be schmexy nu-ricer chic on both sides. Also this could our killer app desu. Look at all the shit that comes with the 27 dollar radio

Did you test it out? How good does it work? It's still Tuesday so if I order today I can get it by Thursday or Friday.

My dick ain't gonna suck itself.

Give me five minutes ill post results

>butthurticus, why does china let your set have TWO antennae?

Nice try, friendo, but nobody gives a blowjob that's worth $10,000.00.

Dracula, what's the story behind these two?

The two shirts I wore on that stupid TV show. I imagine that nobody pays attention to the characters in a tripcode, so it seemed like a good way to verify my identity.

I is real Dracula. I buy you car if you suck my dick.

>most important part of the thread
>literally not a single reply

This is a good point. Kind of supportive of the idea now. No usernames tho.

What's the long ass kanji in the poster?

Kanji says "City Lights City Nights"

If I bought a car for everyone who sucked my dick, I'd be broke.

They work well. Customisable led color display (changeavle backlight color). Dont ask me how to use a cb. I just matched up the frequencies and they both talk on that channel. Press the b button it instantly swaps to the alternate frequency. I cant get the walkie talkie in on the action its doesnt seem like it will pick up the baofengs in a scan even while im transmitting using the baofeng

I didnt think that was something you would say anyway. The real drac ignores the beggingposts

Takeover soon ™

straight up dude i think this is just a democracy to a point. We just need to agree on a meet date and time. i think people are honestly fine with having a plan laid out for them. Im not saying NEXT MEET NO DRIVING WERE JUST GOING FISHING/shooting but i think if the particularly enthusiatic drivers lay out our driving itinerary for us then well be sure to have fun. gs and dagumi found a badass route last meet. I really doubt this course could be too bad. Revisiting 149 and 3090 will definitely be a future driving activity. I have never been disappointed in a /hou/cruise. Maybe livingston wont be a straight up treacherous road like 149, but i promise you it wont be boring. As for paintball or arcade or anything like that for this friday's meet, i think we are going to have to work around our driving activity, since this meet's is especially long.

JUST SOLD MY CIVIC /hou/

I TRIED MAN

I TRIED

tried what, to sell it to us?

Yeah, for way too much.

Either way, I'm just happy I got it off my hands.

Califag here, why does /hou/ hate us so much? What did we ever do to you? We never even talk about you.

Those fish and the peanut butter trick on your dog don't count.

Hey you guys remember that arcade downtown we cruised by? Joystix? What was it called?

Because Norcal and Hou are about neck and neck for largest Veeky Forums group, and we just generally dislike how Cali runs their game. That's what I glean from it, at least.

Because fucking califags keep moving to Texas in droves.

Houston and Austin are inundated with them, and their values are not the same as ours.

kek, that shady place which was open till 2am?

Joystix is the place. Unfortunately it seems they're not an arcade.

joystixamusements.com

>strawpoll now has 43 votes

God damn, did we already break the 30 mark? How big is this meet going to be?

Star Wars Battle Pod
This Star Wars Battle Pod game will absolutely blow you away! When you play this game it feels like you are in an Imax theater!
This Star Wars features a curved 180 degree domed screen, a fan....
Manufacture: Namco
Year: 2015 Price: $30995

$31k?!!!!! FOR THIS?

That's ridiculous. I can get classic Midway cabinets for ~$500.

You could get a absolute badass racing sim setup for less than a quarter of that money.

fuck ive missed so much
and i REALLY want a Tshirt or 2
>just got back from vacation up north
>work tomorrow

anyways update with me
>bought a honda s2000 up in austin
>drove it home
>shredded around town a little
>engine light comes on
>had to go to work so i pulled the code on the way home from work
>probably put like 60 miles on it after the light came on
>p2646 VTEC sensor
>get it home and start looking it over
>there is like no oil in it
>end up adding 4 quarts
plz kill me now
>called the dealership in austin
>said they could take a look at it or i could bring in to a local honda dealership
dont want to drive it back up to austin and dont know a good reputable dealership around here but i am starting to research some
dont know what to do
im so depressed
is it fucked? what should I/They be looking for or to do?

this is tacoma btw

Check for any leaks? I'm no S2000 expert but no way it should burn that much oil.

You mean something like this?

Don't buy a domain name through a host provider. They mark that shit up a ton most of the time.

Jesus.

yeah no leaks
although there is a tiny bit of oil around the back corner of the head and vales
ive read that some, mostly the older ap1's, can burn a little oil, especially in vtec
but 4 quarts in 400 miles can not be, and mines an 07 ap2
ive got some black soot on the tail pipes but i think the fault is theres and they didnt fill it up or somehting
i just dont know what should be looked at or replaced engine wise, like rod bearings and shit or i dont even know

Kartfag I think was the one recommending HostGator.

You can get storage from Hostgator and buy a domain from somewhere else, I suggest namecheap.com since that's where I got a domain for like $5 a year.

Right, host gator is great as a host. But when getting a domain name you generally want to go through a company that only deals with domain names. I've had good luck with namecheap.

hostgator is based in houston. Just go to their corporate office and threaten them with your autism for a good deal.

>H-how much f-for 50 GBP?

>do you accept dogecoin

>Sure, just step outside the back alley, face forward and pull your pants down

/hou/ girls when?

who needs girls when we have 4 s2000's

According to /vr/, there's a place in Downtown Houston that does $10 freeplay every first and third Friday of the month. I don't know if it's still open though, that info was current last year.

It is that place, apparently they do games only at Friday night or something like that.

check this:
joystixamusements.com/pacmanfever/default.asp

Too bad we have 5 Fridays this month, and the 15th is furthest from either the first or last.

s2ki.com/s2000/topic/990573-very-low-oildamage/

>First thing to go on the s2k engine are the connecting rod bearings.

>If it knocks on startup, damage is done.

>A very skilled tech can fix it in two hrs, but you can not drive the car anymore. Maybe 5-10 mins easy to thwe shop and thats it. If you were near I can save it.

>Just tow it to the shop

on the s2k, when you see the light 90% of the time its too late.

Did the oil light turn on or just the check engine light? I read that the car holds 6 quarts of oil. You must have not been low enough.

I bet our crack team of h/o/ustonians can take care of that job in no less than 72 hours

Yeah man I like shady places and people.

What the fug. What kind of pinball store stays open until 2am.

Ale yeah. We're our own mechanics.

They only doing that shit for 5 hours, the fuck.

Hey GS quick question. Even though I'm out of shape, is it appropriate for me to feel disgusted by the tripe that stumbles out of a planet fitness?

Unrelated question. Does anyone remember me and the black E36 from the meet that didn't happen after the first one and before the second? We posted a picture.

I'm gonna go feed my pecker brb 1hr.

The failed Huntsville meet?

We're not meeting on the west side and then driving to Huntsville/Coldspring/Livingston. That's fucking stupid.

If you absolutely need to go to D&B's, there's one in Spring.

Oh look, another person who thinks they're in charge after the facts in question have already been settled.

You had all month to object. Sit down.

Oh look, another person who thinks that he gets to make decisions just because he said so.

Go fuck yourself. There's absolutely no reason to start the meet a good 70 miles from the nearest proposed start point from the run.

Especially since you're basically requiring everyone who doesn't live west of the loop to add another 20-50 miles to the trip just because you're a fucking prick.

I'm sure the people who live in Galveston County would love to drive all the way to the northwest corner of the loop before driving another 70 miles to Coldspring and then driving around for another few hours before driving a hundred miles back home.

I'm sure the people on the north side would love to drive all the way into Houston before being able to start too.

You're not deciding shit anymore. The meeting point will be in The Woodlands at the mall.

Why don't you mongoloids say anything weeks before the actual meet. I bet you're the same piece of shit who was whining about the location of the third meet two days before meeting up. It's a good the likes of you are not making the finals or else /hou/ would be so much more chaotic.

Why don't you mouthbreathing retards think shit through before deciding it without any input from everyone else?

This.

Also, nice zero trips.

Even if your location were objectively better, I wouldn't want to meet where you are on principle. You sound really insecure.

Why the fuck do I get trips all the time

You have had a whole. Fucking. MONTH. Of threads to voice your concerns in. If nobody speaks up FOR A FUCKING MONTH, people will naturally assume there isn't a problem with it.

You can't just ignore the process up until the week of the meet and then bitch that your voice isn't heard.

So much this. Amen.

entitled lurkers pls go