Fake Car Noises in Movies

Do you guys get triggered by fake car noises in movies? e.g. using the wrong noises for a car, or playing the sound of a car going through gears.

>pic related
Was watching "Now You See Me" and there was a 335i that sounded like a V8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=loJ60LOCZaw
youtube.com/watch?v=vLs8YcWMIx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes and triggered when there is an obvious disparity in the cars power levels but they are neck and neck.

Yes. I also love seeing wheel lock up on a car that I know has abs in real life.

Fun fact almost any time you hear an eagle cry in media, it's a hawk cry because an eagles screech is lame as fuck.

This one would send my autism into overdrive

>shift gears 30 times every scene they were driving it

In Rambo 1 he rides a 4-stroke bike but sounds like a superior 2-stroke.

>a 335i that sounded like a V8

Sound effects guy must have misplaced SewingMachine.mp3

those fucking shills

luxury and sports cars all have fake engine noises playing on the speakers.

they have all that sound deadening and active noise cancellation. So now they pipe in fake VROOMVROOM.

Kill Bill
Shes riding a yellow zzr250 parallel twin
Sounds like an i4 600

White Lightning with Burt Reynolds. His sleeper LTD sounds like it's got a manual transmission, but when he comes to a stop you can see him throw it into park.

>car runs out of fuel/breaks down etc
>generic clunking noise

you know the one.

also;

>car wont start
>generic starter motor sound

it's like the wilheim scream for cars

where's that clip of the prius sounding like it has a v8?

youtube.com/watch?v=loJ60LOCZaw

not the one i was thinking of, the original was in a tv show

No, the 335i didn't have the V8 sound, that was the FWD Malibu that sounded like it had an LS in it

I wonder what sort of sound system it would take to make this sound good from the outside of the car?

youtube.com/watch?v=vLs8YcWMIx4

It was pretty amusing to watch american show about trucks.
Always the same diesel soundtrack on every scene. Even on those where a truck with V8 gasoline engine was moving...

World's toughest trucker on Discovery...

This is incorrect. Some cars pipe in fake engine noise (looking at BMW) but some pipe real engine noise in to the cabin (Jaguar, Porsche I think)

>goes into turn
>his brakes don't screech and make chewy gum noises

>stops at red light
>his waterpump doesn't start moaning

This is correct. My IS350 has induction noise piped into the cabin. It's not enhanced or artificial or played through a speaker.

>good guy gets in 4 cyl Impala
>keeps up with bad guy in 335i
>upshifts like 10 times
>drifts car like it was RWD
[TRIGGERED]

Honestly the movie made me think that was some sport version of the malibu and that it actually featured a V8 in real life
i`m pretty clueless on american econoboxes

>V8 boat anchor enthusiasts disrespecting a lovely inline six with twincharging

You have no taste.

>econobox
>V8
Once again, you've proved you're clueless Davis.

there are literally no american cars here
I see a mustang once in 2 months

Did anybody see that Borning (norwegian fast and furious came out a year ago) where the dude was racing the legit 2JZ swapped car, scene goes in-car where he pulls one of the fake plastic FR-S paddle shifts to downshift? Fucking hilarious and triggered me obviously, I'm wondering if anybody can make a webm if I can find the scene.

Same in Terminator 2, that snivelling little turd's dirtbike

yeah, that bothers me

but what bothers me even more is the soundclips they add when people shut doors

>guy shuts door of a brand new car
>no smooth slam
>sounds like closing the door of my 1984 vw rabbit, clunks even

I like the koenigseggs in need for speed that somehow have hydraulic handbrakes and are unstable.
When in the real world you can do 0-300 without touching the steering wheel.

Not as triggered as i get when i'm playing a vidya and a fucking police ford crown victoria is able to keep up with my 600hp+ whatever

I don't see the problem? You can downshift with paddle shifters too, unless you're thinking that you can't throttle blip in an automatic, you can actually.

Tell you what mate, you go ahead and put the torque of a 2J behind the standard auto in an 86 and tell me how far you get

>4 cylinder impala
>Implying the 3800 series 2 powered impala isn't a quick car in the right hands

a V8

all this talk about fake engine noises reminds me of that one episode of Pimp My Ride where they take an old caravan or something, and put a engine sound system in it