Would you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pUedgrbww94
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Aveo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not when the yaris and mazda3 exist

nah.

If it was cheaper.

Can buy a used vehicle 10x better only a couple years old for the same price.

The ford fiesta exists.

I drove my sisters 2007 Honda Fit auto once. Shifted into third instead of D(for respect) and there was enough torque I didn't notice for a few blocks. Was sort of new to driving when that happened though. There's a shitload of space inside for what it is and I've herd they're fun to chuck into a corner. None of them go below $3000 in Ontario though which is the same price as a decent-ish Mazda 3 or even a good chunk of what a dailyable MX5 would cost.

That's an Si, right?

The car in the OP is about 4 years old by now

youtube.com/watch?v=pUedgrbww94

Watch this video and tell me that doesn't look unreasonably fun for an econo shitbox.

>Honda Fit Si-R
>Turbocharged K20
>LSD and all the suspension goodies
If only

Already in a 02 si so no. No I would not.

Does anyone still care about the Fit with the HR-V out?

No. The Toyota Yaris and Chevrlet Sonic exist

Mazda 3 isn't in the same class. That would be the Mazda 2. Try again.

But they're both shit.

Who cares if its the same class. I like it better.

The class matters. Your feelings don't. The Mazda 3 competes with the Honda Civic, which shares nothing but a Honda emblem with the Fit.
Learn to car.

>autism
Relax

Yeah! I did. Got one new for 14k and change. Manual base model. Cheap and reliable, tons of storage. I could shill all day.

The Yaris and Sonic don't handle as nicely, and they also don't come with as much at each trim level compared to the Fit.

Serious autism

>autist accusing others of autism

Why when the civic ep3 exists?

The Sonic actually outhandles the Fit as does the Ford Fiesta

>The Sonic
oh sweet decade old Daewoo engineering!

Show me where it was badged as a Daewoo.
The Sonic is built in Michigan on a German chassis and powered by German engines
>but the Koreans-
did the styling. Styling does not make it Korean.

>buying GM

Yes I would buy it and then instantly throw a supercharger on it for a little bit more powa.

Pretty much this though. It's like a fit that's better in every way.

Daewoo.

Oh look. The GM sucks meme. Right on time

Daewoo stopped existing in 2010. The Sonic came out in 2012. Also. Show me one part shared by the Sonic and the Aveo.
>protip: you can't. They're completely unrelated. The Sonic is based on the Opel Corsa
try again

>Daewoo
>aka GM South Korea

>meme

except GM is actually shit tier.

Bruh
>GM Korea has taken responsibility for future development of GM's GSV (Global Small Vehicle) architecture.[1][2] This architecture will eventually be used for all small vehicles from GM, as a true global small car platform.[3] While the original Gamma was developed by Opel, the Gamma II platform is under the leadership of GM Korea (formally GM Daewoo).[4]

No. It's a DREADFULLY slow car and its only redeeming quality is that it handles ok

The interior room is a redeeming quality. I use mine for catering sometimes and it has a great amount of room

yeah 8 second 0-60 is pretty bad. it isn't terrible though. I think there's a jackson racing bolt on supercharger kit that will make it quicker.

>I use mine for catering
Where do the guests sit?

Front seat, or back seat. Or in the back under the hatch

looks better than the new fit3.
if you want the spacious interior, why not.
suspension is a little hard though.

No because I'm not Asian or someone's grandparent

>CVT
nope.

>>protip: you can't. They're completely unrelated. The Sonic is based on the Opel Corsa

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Aveo
>Chevrolet markets the new Aveo under the Chevrolet Sonic nameplate in the U.S.

Literally the same fucking car m8.

Real truth here. However...the size difference is comparable.

user, you can relax.

Wikipedia is a terrible source. Did your professors shill Wikipedia as a good, reliable place of information?
I think not.

You're going to need a stronger source, buddi.

>Everything on wiki is wrong.

Grow up kid.

get on my level cucks

Pretty sure the Fiesta is the better choice for everything except rear seat leg room and possibly overall interior space.

>Fix it again tony

Well if that's the case, I'd choose an AMG GT over the Mazda 3. I can do that because the class doesn't matter.

>First on race day
>Fix or repair daily

I mean, as long as you get the manual or 2014+, you shouldn't have any issues.

Fiesta is trash m8. Honestly bottom of the barrel shit. Have you driven one? A yaris feels much nicer.

>A yaris feels much nicer.
Holy hell if that's true the Fiesta must be an absolute turd

yeah don't worry about that guy, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

>comparing a compact hatchback with an SUV

>Wikipedia is a terrible source

Wikipedia isn't a source, it is an aggregate summary that draws from distinct sources. What do you think those little numbers in the article are?

Either critique those sources or shut up

>SUV
lol it's a CUV and all a CUV is, is a B-segment tall wagon. HR-V is a Fit with a bit more ground clearance. The Fit is now entirely irrelevant.

I hear you, but crossovers are still pigfat. The Fit existed because it was small, why do we need another crossover?

The HR-V is longer, heavier, less fuel efficient, has more body roll, and is more costly, especially when looking for a reasonably equipped model.

If anything, the HR-V has been made irrelevant by the Fit.

You're right, it's called Aveo in the rest of the world. Chevy badged it Sonic here because of the disaster on wheels that Aveo was associated with.

I have first hand proof, as a 10 year Aveo driver and now a new Sonic driver. The differences are vast. None of the misfire issues that plagued the Aveo. Quality is better, highest horsepower and safety rating in its class. Better legroom in the back than the fiesta as well. The car is a great fit for my needs.

The only thing that bugs me is that I'll be prematurely changing the air intake hose because the stock one is prone to cracking because GM used a cheap part. I'm also changing from rubber shifter bushings to aluminum so it doest feel like I'm pulling a pencil through ice cream.

the hr-v can be equipped with awd though

I cross-shopped all the major subcompacts on the market before buying my 2012 Fit. My thoughts:

>Sonic
Awful DBW lag followed shortly by turbo lag (if it's the 1.4 turbo), shitty rear visibility, tons of features and reasonable cargo room, polarizing instrument panel, decent aftermarket
>Yaris (automatic)
Feels the most Japanese out of everything I drove. Tinny, Spartan, Nintendo-esque interior compared to the American subcompacts
>Mazda2
Like a FWD Miata. Hilariously fun to drive. Not much interior or cargo space, not many features, just okay MPGs.
>Fiesta
Crappy shifter, awful DBW lag. Hates driving hard. More nimble than the last Focus I drove but is mostly miserable to drive and has a tiny hatch with seats that don't fold completely flat. Definitely the quietest and most comfortable car I tested, and among the most fuel efficient.

And finally,
>2012 Fit Sport
Reviewers say it embodies 1990s Hondas: Slow yet fun to drive, somewhat buzzy and loud at high RPM, space efficient, fuel efficient, excellent ergonomics. I'll be driving this for a long time.

Which is cool but just adds to the cost difference.

...right... and also adds AWD...

Heard you the first time m8, just addressing the part you didn't.

how hard would this be to do...

There are several K20 swaps on Fit Freak.

>b-b-but mah semantics
Just because they're not badged as such, doesn't mean it isn't so. It's literally a Kalos successor that's GM funded and badged.

yeah, but first gen only. i don't like the looks of the new ones

Except the Kalos was based on a 1989 Opel Kadett while the Sonic is based on a 2010 Opel Corsa.