/ywg/ - Yokai Watch General #57

Last Thread: Whissu Edititon

Join the discord to make friends!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Yo-kai Watch 2 has been announced for US!
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/yo-kai-watch-2-release-north-america-september-30-2016/

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Also an user was kind enough to give us a small/longish guide to some of YW2's stuff. Take a look!
imgur.com/a/HBkws

Tags: Yokai, Youkai, Yo-kai

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=13973011
fathomevents.com/event/yo-kai-watch-the-movie-event
usgamer.net/articles/interview-akihiro-hino-yokai-watch
dailydiaryofjoe.tumblr.com/post/150202191491/toy-review-yo-kai-watch-dream
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for best mascot

second for friccin' dead

We're dear than any given Yo-kai.

We did it. We've become what we love most.

*deader

fuck

Are the games actually good? Do the spirits have personalities?

I like this one he's cute, but the show's too early childhood obviously.

Sixth for best ship.
Yes, the games are fun if you don't fall for the memes and compare it to pokemon. And yes, the youkai have tons of personality. The one you posted, Komasan, is probably the best of them. Not all of them are perfect though; some have shit personalities like this one:

Whisper is best. Don't lie to them.

Any advice for the final boss of the first game

my team is:

Nmore
Komasan's evolution
Shmoopie
Roughraff's evolution
Tengloom (might replace him with Nird)
Quaken

anyone else I should use? Any recommended level and items?

Any place I can read the Nyanderful days manga? I can't find anything beyond chapter 3

Careful if you use Nird. I think his reduce healing power also works on your healers too.
>level
40-45. Maybe 50 if you're struggling.

If you can, try adding komajirou's evo there too to boost the power of komane's technique.

If you got melee users, replace quaken with auto to get some use out of his buff soultimate

auto?

Meant Siro.
Fuck autocorrect

any items or just stock up on revival items?

Demo when?

Soon. Mid-September, they said. I'm hoping that means it's gonna be out in a few days.

Stock up on food/revives if you can.
The final boss loves inspiriting too, so it might be a good idea to use items or yokai that can't be inspirited (notably betterfly as a healer).

Slippery yokai can also be used to dodge inspiriting, though the two I recommend the most is bloominoko and venoct

Hanakofags have suffered enough. This is needless cruelty.

>but the show's too early childhood obviously.
>early childhood

You don't know what you're talking about. The show isn't some goddamn PBS-tier edutainment show.

Nope!

Viz will never bring it over because it's technically a girls' manga and Yo-kai Watch is nowhere near popular enough in America for them to risk the money.

How dare someone like the original name and hate the dub one, though. That's not a real fan.

Even the most die-hard defenders of the localization still hate "Faux Kappa" from what seen. Everyobdy has their limits I guess.

I'm pretty sure "Pro Kappa" would be a better name wouldn't it?

Just "Kappa" would've been perfect.

Tengu got to keep his name so I don't see why not.

I actually do really like his dub VA, he seems based as fuck and does a good job with the character.

Whisper's English voice is great. I think all of voices for the mascot characters sound pretty good, actually.

Also, yeah, Jerry (I think that's his name) comes off as just a sweet old man. It's cute.

His name's Joey.

The fact that Tengu kept his name for being a particularly recognizable yokai coupled with the fact that "Faux Kappa" contridicts his "authentic" Kappa schtick kills me.
Has the Kappa episode been dubbed yet with some bullshit justification for his name?

Oh. Well at least I was close.

It was dubbed. I don't remember any justification, though. I think they just ignored it.

And Kappa got a surfer accent like Walkappa, too.

I like some brown sugar on my ships.

Japanese Kappa was so (unexpectedly) handsome. It's unfortunate to hear that this one got a surfer dialect. I'll have to watch it myself though.

I think the surfer voice is cute for Walkappa, but I don't think it really works for Kappa. It's much funnier when a guy who holds himself seriously and has a formal, deep voice decides to do dumb stuff like join a rap group.

Also he is weirdly handsome, isn't he? Huh.

I think it's his hair. It's that 80s 90s handsome young male actor hair style. Like something Sean would have from Boy Meets World or the kid from the Terminator.

Not that guy, but I'm curious about the personality compliment. Can you elaborate on that a bit more?

They never acknowledged the name but still treated him like the "real" Kappa so it made no sense

Not the user you're asking, but Komasan is basically the "pure" character who's naivety and sweet nature makes up a good chunk of the segments in the anime. Most of which are great and involve him succeeding outside his element despite him not knowing much about life outside of country living.

I guess like, for instance, Komasan is the "friendly country bumpkin" type. He means well but he's still naive and technologically challenged. Since he's in the big city it proves to be amusing most times, especially wen paired with certain other yokai like his brother or Whisper.

Starting second game the series starts to take more after the anime so you see those personalities and humor shine through much more than the first game.

I just saw this on twitter. It's pretty cool how they got him.

When your fit you can wear anything to the gym.

Just for you

Why thank you user, what a wonderful gift. Is that this same artist? It looks familiar.

Evolve Shmoopie. Change your date to get the love scepter item through the yo-kai cam and fuse them together.

I guess that makes sense. Thanks anons.

It's this one:
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=13973011

Reposting.

fathomevents.com/event/yo-kai-watch-the-movie-event

One day only event for the Yo-Kai Watch Movie and distribution of a special Hovernyan medal.

Lots of theaters have been added today, as opposed to when the event was announced a while ago, and additional theaters will be added next week.

I'm glad more were added. Before the closest theater to me showing it was in the Bronx.

Oh yeah them, i love their YW pics, especially since they do a good amount of Keizou.

What the fuck is this?

Hell.

He used to play a clown iirc

Some guy has the full version of 2 already. We got to find a way to contact him.

YOKAI MAKE MISCHIEF EVERYWHERE

I'm laughing because he can't say something snarky in return

should I wait for the second game or is the first game worth it

I'm so jealous. Fuck.

>San Fantastico

Wait for the second game. It improves upon basically everything from the first game.

Someone tell this guy to reveal more localized names.

>He's had it since the 30th
>He's beaten the game judging by the star
>He thinks Abdallah actually cares

I imagine Level5 is allowing him to post these images because he isn't revealing much. He'd get a lawsuit since Level5 considers localized names to be classified information. Which is dumb.

Abdallah probably does care, someone has the game before him so he's not making money.

Nyanpachi-sensei is called Mr. Crabby Cat via Reddit.

>Yokai watch 3 will never be released i America because they are desparate to hide the fact that it is Japanese

Nah, they'll just make him move to New Americaland.

I was in the second yo-kai watch discord on twitter, and we talked to Brent Pendergrass on voice chat, he thinks that it will be about Nate moving to a southern area with hard to understand accents. I agree with him.

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. It's a shame Keita didn't stay Japanese in the localization, though. You loose a lot of that "fish out of water" element when you just have a character move states instead of countries.

Wow, that makes YW3 more likely

I bet they'll use the dino yokai for marketing

The dinosaur and the super heroes.

Honestly for a series set in America i find it really lacking in Dinos and super hero youkai. They eat that shit up. And ninjas too, ironically. I think American children might be more obsessed with them than actual Japanese kids.

>Implying Yo-kai Watch 2 won't flop in sales.
I'm hoping this wont happen but I mean come on guys. Is one demo going to magically convince everybody to buy these games? I'm trying to be as hopeful as possible but it isn't realistic that this series will boom in popularity once 2 comes out.

The anime will slightly boost sales. The first game sold 400,000 copies which is nothing to scoff at. I predict the online will leave the sales of 2 at about 500,000.

It doesnt need to do that you pessimistic borderline bait tossing faggot, it's always been about just doing well enough to get the rest.

Didn't Hino say he had tricks up his sleeve to make the games more popular?

This.

I just wanna play fucking video games.

usgamer.net/articles/interview-akihiro-hino-yokai-watch

Are you referring to this?

Yes, what I've seen so far was Libertynyan and the drum/guitar animations

If Robonyan loves rubbing and he's future Jibanyan, what does that make regular Jib?

Still a dead cat.

Repressed.

Jibanyan loves catgirls though

He can catgirls AND robots, silly.

Correction: Robonyan THINKS he's future Jibanyan.

There's no doubt that Jibanyan has some connection to Robonyan though. Maybe Jibanyan built or designed Robonyan?

*can like

goddammit

I always assumed that he's just programmed to think he's Jibanyan for... some reason.

It would help if I knew where the other robot Yokai came from.

>usgamer.net/articles/interview-akihiro-hino-yokai-watch

>Article completely ignores the fat that YW2 only got popular in Japan because of the cartoon.
>The cartoon got a shitty-ass dub in the USA and is super unpopular.
>"It'll work!"

>is super unpopular
Source: My Ass

Noway, please don't stop this guy from posting

Oh, that's more in line with the terminator feel they wanted to give him

The guy who directed Mr. Men Show also directs the dub. It's probably why the voice actors are familiar-sounding.

dailydiaryofjoe.tumblr.com/post/150202191491/toy-review-yo-kai-watch-dream

For bump's sake.

>The guy who directed Mr. Men Show also directs the dub
That's weird because I enjoyed the Mr. Men show and it wasn't a try-hard cringefest whatsoever.

Then again, Mr. Men didn't need to hide foreign roots like an embarrassing pimple before the senior prom.

Okay, now that I've actually watched it:

Spoilerina's voice is fine after hearing a few lines of it, and the -rina gags definitely helped. Space Wars is still there, they just changed Mr. Epockman to Emperor Krill for some reason.

No major edits besides the van driving around for a public survey was changed to a political advertisement thing. Space Wars poster wasn't changed and they even mentioned the name Lark at the end from the original episode.

9/10, would watcherina again.

>I'm no mean-arina!
>Hello, fella-rinas!
>Almost-arina!

Do they not see how off this looks because of the holes?

It's noticeable but not exactly what the fuck inducing.

Oh, they kept her verbal tic? That's pretty neat arina

They kind of kept it? She doesn't say it after EVERYTHING, just a lot.

Her dub voice fits her author human self to a fucking T. It's perfect. I take back everything just for when this episode is dubbed in 2 years or so.

>swelton.jpg