What is Veeky Forumss opinion on Royal Purple?

What is Veeky Forumss opinion on Royal Purple?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14985876/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its alright for some cars other might have issue with it but you wont know till you experiment.

now i run motul or liqui moly

A good quality oil that's grossly overpriced

better than amsoil?

I agree with the grossly overpriced part.

Not going some multiple of your oils service interval is the biggest thing...

w2c?

what is wrong with using this

No, but that's mostly subjective on my part. I used to use some Amsoil in my bikes a few years ago, but its gotten too hard to find now.

Well burgerboomers can use it to lube up their dried up old wives if nothing else and they're the ones who mostly buy it

My services are around 5-7500km so throwing 'premium' oil down its throat on essentially a slightly modified street car is kind of a waste of money, most of the Shell and Mobil synthetics haven't ever really let me down over several cars, though I do pop for Redline's drivetrain fluids as they're the best I've found.

its all the same shit cause SAE rates it

Too much zinc is harmful.

Do you have a catalytic converter or something?

It's a meme oil that's alright but you can get the same quality or better without the meme tax. Castrol and Mobil1 are just as good and will only run you $20-25 for 5 quarts of full synthetic at walmart.

Redline, royal purple is a meme.

maybe if you're GAY

overrated

if its API SN / SAE you're good to go

lol this guy actually runs cats

>What is Veeky Forumss opinion on Royal Purple?

Go to the Veeky Forums archived thread discussiong oil and find the URL to the 540RAT Oil Blog. You will find info on the contents of Royal Purple as well as tested PSI ratings for it.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14985876/

Everyone else interested in oil should go there too and check out the URLs. There's a URL to where someone has time lapse photos of how one high-detergent oil cleaned the inside of the engine over time. It took months for the baked on dark grime on surfaces to go away, but it did go. That also implied no new grime was being deposited too.

It's shit. Mobil 1, Amsoil, SFR master race.

Harmful to your catalytic converters but highly beneficial to your engine parts. You decide what's more important.

540RATBLOG has done actual testing and has found that too much zinc is harmful.

I think it's good stuff honestly, it's a little more expensive but the car just feels "lighter" so to speak?
At least in my car the engine doesn't sound like its groaning for a break when i use this oil compared to others.

hows that back pressure on your engine?
or driving primitive boats?

it's happier than ever with a proper tune famalam