/hg/ - Halo General

Forge Edition

>The Anvil's Legacy Update and Halo 5: Forge are live! They include the following:
- Forge and custom game multiplayer on Windows 10, featuring every Halo 5 map, keyboard/mouse support, increased resolution up to 4K, and 22 exclusive achievements for 1000 Gamerscore
- Forge content browser
- 1 new arena map (Haven Remake)
- 1 new warzone assault map
- New reqs, including hunter cannons and the tactical magnum
- All req items unlocked for forge

>Anvil's Legacy & Halo 5: Forge Launch Trailer
youtu.be/t6cGoWqiMI0

>Playable Halo Warthog in Forza Horizon 3
youtube.com/watch?v=H6xx5e-UU88

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/anvil-s-legacy-preview

>Spartan Companies:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>Extended Universe Downloads
mega.nz/#F!OFFSkSrb!6P9FqreveGbbwh_No1qHZA

>The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sh3KQb9dU4c
youtube.com/watch?v=fofX-OITWMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for better on PC

1st FOR CAN'T DOWNLOAD BECAUSE OF ERROR CODE

Should be 'Riftball is kill' edition

6th for DON'T TOUCH MY CLAW!

Did they change it or something?

Ya. Riftball fucking sucks. I leave every time that horse shit comes up.

The doors on the goals now stay open near constantly.

hurrr durr ya guys let's just kick over half the company because they didn't play 150 games per month.

Nobody has any incentive to play because the current cut limit is like 10 or 20 games.
It needs to be 50 or more.

>customs from PC aren't counted.
Dammit, I played like 30 games last night when I was hosting.

>tfw no brute superior technology in the newest update
343 really needs to add a brute shot.

I haven't played since preseason, is it harder to get placed into the higher tiers now than it was then?

I got placed in onyx for slayer and swat and diamond for arena and breakout, and it was a pretty miserable experience solo queuing at those tiers and not being able to derank to a lower tier. Also do they have proper social playlists now?

Preseason was a joke. Way too easy to rank up then.

The ranks you got in preseason are not even counted on your waypoint page for "highest rank"

Preseason was the most generous with ranking. Like everyone who tried beyond their ten placement games got Onyx. It's not even counted towards your Top CSR on waypoint.

Am I the only one who feels like all of this talk of restructuring the company policy is retarded?
1. H5: Forge PC players cannot contribute to the company in no way shape or form. They can't even play with us on console.
2. We are experiencing a bit more traffic than usual right now only because of a recent req release and H5: Forge, as always traffic will die down for Halo within the next 2 weeks.

Things are fine the way they are. If Achilles doesn't matter to any of you then there's no need to have a requirement of 150 games a month when that can be easily exploited. For those thinking the company should be reserved for those who play most often, most of the company rarely plays with eachother.

Kai fuck these newfags and just have them join the club so they can still be part of the community if anything.

Must be nice to have Kai & Friends privileges. Shenron and Tangee aren't even active, yet they are still the lieutenants. Good leadership Kai.
inb4 "they're the only people in hg I can trust"

I think we should host customs more red is the only one to do it and i hate playing halo 5 solo for anything but swat and infection

I hosted customs on PC last night, but it was mostly FFA, Fiesta, Strongholds, Team Slayer, and some modifications.
If you have any game modes to recommend, tell me.

Problem is i dont have a pc with windows 10 because im a poorfag and I was sure there wasnt crossplay

I'm just here for Forge. Is there an /hg/ party finder?

> try to download H5 Forge
> "Halo 5: Forge is currently not available"
> try to download the bundle version
> "The error code is 0X00000005"
> do everything MS says in attempt to remedy this error
> doesn't work
The fuck am I supposed to do?

search for Halo General on WayPoint.

Make sure you got Windows 10 Anniversary update. Google it and there's a thing on a microsoft site to force a manual update if it's not rolled out to your system yet.

Some of us would like to go on to Halo 5 and see people actually on. It's always 95% blank. Not online.

If you don't play often, you can be in the club still.

Agreed. No sense someone that only plays 20 games a month and can't even bother to get ranked should take a spot from someone that actually plays a lot.
The club meanwhile has spots for everyone.

No user! Please don't kick me!!! I don't want to have to play Halo but I want to tay in the company!!!!!

Shen himself said he doesn't like playing Halo
But he gets special treatment because muh trust

>tfw running out of colors
Let me know if this looks right.

I was just on and saw nobody online but then again 343 might have broke the clan system again

There's only like 12 people in the company who actively even play with eachother anyways.

There's 10+ on right now.
My company tab sometimes doesn't show anyone when I first log-on.

have a few wzff webms

WZFF is pretty alright and, honestly, it's the best thing that 3v4i have ever done.

If they'd remove the microtransactions it would be great.

Looks right to me. I'd be at about 200 and this says I'm a little over that.

>WZFF is pretty alright and, honestly, it's the best thing that 3v4i have ever done.
Fuck no.

you mean like to stop the rationing? it does suck when no one bothers bringing vehicles out for the fifth round lol.

>3v4i
opinion discarded

Should I start a discord to set up "games" for this general?

i'll mod the most obnoxious tripfag I see

Is the thread not good enough for you?

do this , if you already are on anniversary and still can't download it try this
"a. Open an elevated Command Prompt from the Power User Tasks Menu. Just press the WINDOWSand X keys together and then click on Command Prompt (Admin). Click Yes to the User Account Control message that appears.

b. Type the below commands to run:

net stop wuauserv

rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old

net start wuauserv

c. After running the above commands, check if they are able to install the updates for those apps.
And don't delete softwaredistribution.old folder.
"

We already have one and unless your gonna stay longer then A week dont try to put any effort into the general just to save you time

>When you steal the warden kill from the enemy team

>The One Big Red
>that gigantic spike in games played when PC is included
You've forgotten your roots

anyone know some good gametype settings to go with my blitzball map?

there anyway to get a near zero-g effect?

ez

Not if he did what I did and modify the gametype to be CE.
Pistol starts, higher jump, no sprint, faster move speed, bigger radar, etc.

Did anybody get a BSOD on this game yet?

>still top 5
>barely played much
You niggers need to get your shit together.

>private party

Gravity volumes

Zero-g never works well in Halo because you can't rotate.

last one ain't nothing special. I just love covenenant first rounds.

Cool.

Thanks for letting me know, friend.

Why can't I download this shit on the Windows Store? I have the Windows 10 Anniversary update, all the latest Windows Updates, but the download gets stuck or errors out.

He's just farming achievements.

Welp tried to play firefight and my reqs werent there and now i keep disconnecting so see you later hg.

I'm not even on the chart

Anybody getting this then when loading a map? This shit happened twice already.

you weren't in the company at first date.

try thisThat fixed my errors a couple days ago when i was trying to download apex and it was doing the same exact thing. There is also mega links out there and i think a google drive link if you're still having problems. Make sure you have enough space on the drive you are installing it to, too.

So Forge actually lets people host MP Halo games? Or is it just a building tool?

>Kai apparently sends out invites to some club thing
>didn't get one

Both.

Did this W10 Anniversary Update fuck anyone else's performance?

I'm getting stuttering in games all over the place.

Nope. All games doing it or what?. Been on it for a week now and haven't noticed any problems.

Mostly WoW.

Pretty much anytime something pops up on screen like a dialogue box or map it stutters.

So it's basically free Halo MP? Does it have 32 player maps? A server browser? A ton of weapons/customization?

While they continue to make some tweaks to some waves, I hope they fix the player spawn locations and the timers.

I'd say that's one reason and another would be that new players are pretty worthless since they've still got to unlock the useful stuff such as Plasma casters, various Warthogs, Ghosts that aren't made of paper, tanks and some loadout weapons + wheelman armor mod.

Your PC isn't compatible

Yes. 16. They've announced it. Actually yes.

tried grav volumes but you either sink or float all the way up depending on wheather you only put one, or two volumes.

and i don't necessarily need a zero-g, i'm just trying to make you float around

I've done this and it's still not available, and I installed Anniversary last night

Fucking microsoft and 343 can't do anything right

>my PC is shit
>I know, I'll blame the game

I think my fx6350, 16gb of ram and my 970 should be good enough

I'm reading Halo Mythos, and fuck this early forerunner stuff is kinda retarded.

Out of three million worlds why does Everything have to be connected. 343 is actually some composed human?

>970
Fucking LOOOL

>GTX 1070
>32GB RAM
>i7-6700k
>Windows 10

How?

I got it for 230 bucks a year and a half ago, who cares

It'd be nice if the stupid Windows Store had a DL speed indicator or a percentage indicator. Jesus. Maybe an estimated time for the 35 GB download. What year is this?

>Windows 10

You need that anniversary edition, senpai

Can I play Halo on 360, xbone, and pc at same time?

true that, it's pretty shit. had to use netlimiter for the first time in awhile to figure out how fast it was going and shit

Why would you do that

Maximized achievement gains.

THE /HG/TAGE: BUNGIE EDITION is currently accepting clips from now until September 30th. If anyone has a capture card and wants to help other anons get their Halo 3 clips in then post in the thread or send me a message on waypoint so we can set it up. My capture card is working but my laptop is having issues during the recording. The clips that are submitted must be from the following games.

>Halo: Combat Evolved/Anniversary/SPV3
>Halo 2/Anniversary/Vista
>Halo 3
>Halo 3: ODST/Firefight
>Halo Wars
>Halo: Reach
>Halo: The Master Chief Collection (excluding Halo 4/Spartan Ops)
Use the past community’tages as a reference on what to submit. I’ll be looking for casual and competitive clips in the multiplayer and campaign. To submit a clip, either post the xboxdvr/thehostyouuse link in the thread or send it as a message to "Sweaty Towels" on Halo waypoint.
youtube.com/watch?v=sh3KQb9dU4c
youtube.com/watch?v=fofX-OITWMw

If you have any questions post them in reply to me or message me on waypoint.

DO YOUR DUTY AND SUBMIT YOUR CLIPS

Is 8GB going to be enough for 60 FPS? I knew I should have sprung for the extra 8GB but when I built my PC all my friends told me I didn't need 16 GB. Fuck my life.

It's fucking awful.

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #220.
The featured map is "Eden"

>Previous threads since numbering began:
#219 - Anvil's Legacy #218 - Build a PC #217 - Last Chance to Prepare #216 - Xbox General #215 - Variety is the Spice of Life #214 - Vroom Vroom
#213 - The Halo Cycle
#212 - Reach
#211 - Fuck Veggies
#210 - Personal Hell
#209 - Place Your Bets
#208 - Graphs and Ratings
#207 - More DLC
#206 - 10,000 Hours in MS Paint
#205 - Energy Sword > Gravity Hammer
#204 - Gravity Hammer > Energy Sword
#203 - One General One Company One People
#202 - Achievement Unlocked
#201 - Facebook Steals Our Memes
#200 - Milestone
#199 - Free For All
#198 - Under Cover of Night
#197 - Prepare to Drop
#196 - Hexagons are Real
#195 - Spartans Never Die
#194 - Halo 4 is Technically a Halo Game
#193 - Never Trust a Hinge Head
#192 - In Remembrance of the Beta
#191 - Were It So Easy
#190 - Master Chief's Bizzare Adventure
#189 - Arby Had a Hard Life
#188 - RIP Jul
#187 - Smart A.I. was a Mistake
#186 - Our True Cause
#185 - Black Undersuit
#184 - Heretic Hunt
#183 - Master Chef
#182 - Take the Cruiser Back
#181 - What Were They Thinking
#180 - What About That Stupid Cloak
#179 - Parasite's Cove
#178 - We Numbered Now

You're not fooling me, numberfag.
That's just Empire at Night.

Are you same person?

>the map list doesn't collapse like in 3 and Reach
Man, I sure do love having all of these Breakout and Alpine maps listed with the main maps. Totally didn't want a drop-down menu.

> bundle now shows up in my downloads
> refuses to download
> "check your internet connection"
> "error code 0x80072EFD"
> use all suggestions to fix this from MS
> do what user says
> none of it works
What sort of fuck-up hijink is this? Why does everything Microsoft do crash and burn?

Yes

no

>le Eden and empire are the same map lol 3v4i is so lazy meme
They play completely differently

I do have it.

>They play completely differently
They have different weapon spawns... slightly.
The maps are literally almost exactly the fucking same

Maybe