So my Miata NA got rear-ended and totaled. Found a guy in town selling a clean 2000 Mustang GT at a good price

So my Miata NA got rear-ended and totaled. Found a guy in town selling a clean 2000 Mustang GT at a good price.

Tell me Veeky Forums, just how much would I hate the handling and how much would I love the power?

B-but you'd turn gay

>turn

Well it certainly cant turn a corner.

It depends. If you're willing to do some suspension upgrades, then it will turn and handle fairly well. However, the SN95 GTs aren't that powerful. The 2v 4.6 v8 simply sucks. People who still have those cars and give a damn are swapping in a Coyote or LS engine now.

I think you're confused.

i've heard that with an intake and a header-back exhaust these things really open up

Nope. Mustang owners are confuses.

My budget's about $4K. Not sure what else could provide as much torks for the price.

Sure, they'll definitely make more power with an intake and exhaust mods, but you won't be able to reach even 300 whp.

Get another miata dude.

Slower than a mpdern v6 Mustang in every aspect.

Every reason why you're not supposed to like it will make you love it. Also the best looking Mustang body style imo

Coming from a car that makes 100whp on a good day, this should feel plenty quick.

i drive an sn95, 97 gt, you'll get used to the handling pretty quickly, it's actually not as bad as everyone says. i have subframe connectors and a roll cage installed to help stiffen the car up a bit, could do something like that if you don't like the handling. also highly recommend exhaust if it has stock. ive got cat backs on now but am getting an offroad xpipe installed any day now to help with power. also, you will never get tired of the sound of a mustang

I DDed the NA for three years. I'm ready for something with a backseat and a hardtop. Was thinking something like a GTI or an SVT Focus but I've never owned a V8 before.

Bump. Car has 90K miles, performance clutch and cable, Cobra copy wheels, K&N intake, and Flowmasters. But it was a summer car for an adult family man so it's not trashed. And I think he has all the original parts that came off.

Needs new mufflers but should be good to go other than that. Asking $4300. Opinions?

bump

Uh, guys? Probably going to look at this tomorrow. Anything particular to Mustangs I should check? Seller says no plug blowouts or intake leaks.

Pic is actual car.

>Anything particular to Mustangs I should check
Your sexuality

I had a 01 gt 5spd. I really liked the car. Was fun to drive and sounded great with the off road x pipe. Its faster than a lot of grocery getters but every camaro or 350z will beat you. Bolt ons are worthless on this car, except for maybe gears. A centrifugal blower will male power though, about 385whp is daily drivable on stock bottom end.

I had the coolant crossover and the fuel filler neck leak on mine in the five years i had it. I wouldn't run one on shit tires because the handling is ... Unpredictable. Its a summer only car in MN

Note that this is in comparison to a 5.0, it's more than twice as powerful as a miata.

You'll love it OP. There's a reason why they're so popular.