Monster Hunter General /mhg/

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11176185
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAA

Bad timing OPs. First thread:

I want to DEVOUR the meowstress!

>actual first thread got deleted
which one of you retards reported the real one?

MODS = RETARDED FAGBOI KEKS

>first thread has 29 posts
>second has 5
>"lol just delete the first, we don't look at anything"

Good fucking job mods

I'm sorry I made this thread guys, I didn't report shit and even tried to delete this one.

At least you made it right.

>He isn't a solo hunter

Go to sleep faggot

Even earlier this time, kudos

>Peck is a true combo that steals one item per hit and hits 3 times

they'd have to recode the entire game for this. the bandaid solution would be countered by not having superarmor.

I'm not gonna crown hunt ever in Gen!

Good decision, user. It's a shit game not worth that level of dedication.

>ask about meme set
>buncha good skills with a sharpness 5 OOO
>check talismans
>best I have is sharpness 4 OOO

Well that's a spirit breaker.

I'm working on it.

>Started using CB
My times are awful right now but this is some of the most fun I've had in a while.

Dunes 2 is so fucking stupid. How did this shit pass any quality control?

Good on you, user.

Sharpness +5 OOO is for no slot weapons. Any weapon with one or more slots will allow you to use memesol with your charm.

Cum and play with me /mhg/
31-7313-0116-9812
Help me raise my HR from 3!

is that the one that's completely uneven and wobbly and shit? If so, i feel your pain

>be cat
>having to fight on any terrain that isn't perfectly flat

>focus+5 000 charm

Is this supposed to be good? I can't find a single use for it.

It's really good on GS and Bow.

Does it have any other skill on it?

Let me guess, it needs a 1 slot weapon to be worth a damn on most sets?

Nope

Currently making a dedicated capture set to go with the Deathprize SnS and I have some spare deco slots.

>capture guru
>earplugs
>autotracker
>status attack + 1

Should I slot in Bludgeoner, HG earplugs, or Status attack + 2?
Should I get rid of Autotracker since it's only really there for convenience?

>needing help before HighRank
for that matter
>Needing help before HR 7/unlocked
gross

Jesus Christ fuck soloing hyper Khezu. Even if you fight him right it's tedious since you just hit openings and he's got a ton of health, and if you make a mistake you get two-shot comboed.

I feel like even doing it in a group would still suck due to carts thanks to its ridiculous fucking damage modifier. Anybody else having this problem?

anyone know if the event cat armors have special visual effects so i know if i should even bother to make them?

looking forward to the dark meowgician event and i'm hoping it tosses some kind of dark magic effect instead of boomerangs

get rid of autotracker and add blunt and status attack 2 desu

and by sheer coincidence the two weapons you want to use comes with 1 and 2 slots!

There's a shitty large dune dividing the area in half. Can't see shit, can't auto-target efficiently, ranged weapons are completely useless, rolling on the top results in a jumping attack... Of course the monsters who go to this area are the ones who spend a lot of time burrowed.

Ranged weapons trivialize it. It's even better with Adept since it let's you bypass its roaring bullshit.

there are two large dunes desu
could be worse, you could be in volcanic hollow

He pissed me the fuck off when i fought him. I only hunted him once and got a not-so-garbage time, but it wasn't any fun.

I'm trying to tackle Hyper shogun at this point, with mixed results. I usually cart.

Are any of the crimson helm weopons good?

But then you're in gunner armor and the electric leap (strongest single attack) it does has the hitbox the size of half the fucking map since he tends to be crown sized as hyper.

Maybe I just need to use normal shots and stay close so he thinks I'm a blademaster and uses his retarded spin forever.

Cringe yourself

>not being able to adept dodge quite possibly the most obvious attack in the entire series bar charged up lasers
what the fuck are you on, dude?

The leap has a retardedly big tell, it's not a problem, especially with adept.

methamphetamines

Nope, all pretty mediocre and in a few cases outclassed by their normal Azuros counterparts.

>what the fuck are you on, dude?

Well I guess I could get the medal
On my guild card then....

>tfw not max unity with Charlotte the first

so what should i start with first freedom unite or Portable 3rd

yea i want to make the best of my resources ;3

Cringe

Freedom Unite if you hate yourself.

>golden rajang dick x1000 is so much better

I wish the 4u is better meme would die

Why are you stomping on that poor felyne's crotch?

>random kicking guy for using level 8 ember dino weapon
>there is literally a 10 true raw difference between 8 and 10

You have got to be fucking kidding me. He ignores the fact that the armor set on the guy was complete trash, and kicks over 10 raw? I thought 4U randoms were bad, Gens are next level retarded.

P3rd is easier, prettier and better mons.
FU is longer (has G-rank), and is like a 2-in-1 package for the first 2 gens.

If you already played 4U, FU will resonate better with you.
If you're new to the series, P3rd might be better to get used to the games, but it may be harder to get back to FU (awful hit boxes and no crazy gimmicky weapons apart from GL).

i've played 4U and i like it alot so ill probably start with FU

RIP user. 2016-2016

>play FU
>forget how awful the hitboxes are
>stop playing FU
Why is that still recommended

Because overcoming bad design obviously means the game requires more skill, and is thus a better game.

why is there so many coal quests?? why is there so many egg quests?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? ?FWE AS FEWQaqg "

A lot of the mons from 4U are taken from FU. The atmosphere is also kinda similar, just a grimmer. Just be warned, the monsters have awful hitboxes, the Felyne kitchen is hard to put your head into (so use a guide), farm management is a must if you don't want to go on harvest tours forever and elder dragons are balanced to be killed in 2~3 hunts (which I think it's cool, but might put you off).

Regardless of the difficulty and clunkyness, it has its charm and is completely worth a try.

Because despite the downsides, it's still a pretty good game. Just hellish to solo.

(You)

Am another 4U babby, played FU a couple months ago.
Twas quite awful. Hitboxes, everything hurts a lot, no dung, eleder trio never dies, giant crab and mountain fights.
I beat Yama and put the game down.

charm farm and eggs are a zenny farm. jk coal covers both

I had a L O T of fun doing Guild Quests, personally.

>2016
>STILL no Phoenix Writ crossover with Apollo/Phoenix/Athenia/Mia Outfits for hunters and Bullet/Young Pearl outfits for Palicos
>can't bludgeon monsters to death with a giant charm or lock
>can't poke monsters to death by interrogating them
>No Ace Attorney DLC where you have to defend a Guild Gal when a village Chief turns up murdered

DEFEND THIS

spite

FU had the most challenging version of Ukanlos, Garuga, Diablos, and it had Yama Tskukami. Heck Shen Gaoren was cool, giant enemy crabs.

Me too
Everyone had their own little guild quests and it kept turn rooms relevant

i liked how 4u had yama tsukami, lao shan lung, giant crab, all 3 fatalis. yep just waiting for that monster hunter with all the epic monsters

Despite the bullshit FU has, it has redeeming qualities, and i enjoyed it when i first played through the freedom games.

I don't think it would hold up very well to the more recent games, but it's difficulty was the main draw, even if half of it was due to a lack of polish.

There should be a nearcaster that teleports you to the zone a monster is in, combine psychoserum and farcaster to make it.

this is bait but 4U did have all 3 fatties and none of those other things were fun fights

That fucking pleasioth naked arena match

ur dick needs polishing...

Fuck you, i polish it whenever i get time.

there should be a way to turn off tedious animations

I can deal with flexing after drinking a potion or whatever but for fuck's sake let me skip the long death sequences or eating an acorn as a prowler

Funnest weapon, really

Hub up, look for it in gathering

Generations

Hey, I'm not fishing for replies. You did a pretty good job of explaining why someone wouldn't ever want to play FU now that there are better alternatives available.

>monsters have terrible hitboxes
>ingredients are almost prohibitively hard to get, unless you know exactly what you're doing
>you have to research the farm and kitchen to use them properly and avoid utter frustration
>it's awful to solo, which wouldn't be so bad but
>there's no more multiplayer (unless it's possible on emulator somehow?)

So I mean, you can pretend that I'm just shitposting, but you laid all that out yourself in your post. What it comes down to is: if you want to experience some Elders that are only in FU, give it a shot. Otherwise, 4U has you covered. If you don't care about mountain dragon, ugly crab or alien Cthulhu, you may as well skip it.

yama tsukami was fun fighting with an all bow/gun team. crag shots let loose at once jesus

>fighting chammy with the lost musket
Holy shit, this is amazing, it fucking destroys him.

OBJECTION! Many of those weapon designs would not fit into preexisting categories! Though I love the idea of AEDing monsters in Phoenix's well-pressed suit!

?

You have valid points. I'm not gonna pretend FU is perfect like many do. It has a lot of flaws and it is off-putting for the majority of people.

But it is still a good experience. It is a lot less wacky and anime-ish than recent entries (if that counts for anyone here), has a really good atmosphere (despite not having a story to accompany it) and I don't think any game after it got elder dragons as right (they're supposed to be real threats, and the repel system made them really seem like godly entities).

Are you a solo hunter, /mhg/?

strawpoll.me/11176185

There's no defense to this, but it's no secret AA is treated like a B-series by Capcom.

Solo for first kill, group for farming

Except for dalasnake
I just fucking couldn't

Lost musket is fun as fuck, I wish crag wasn't so disruptive to other hunters.

what style should I be using with switch axe and longsword

That sounds like a much better sell of the game than what I replied to. I imagine it has the same sort of charm as any game series that started back when it did, by a company that, I think, didn't entirely know what they really wanted from it.

If anything, I imagine it's a good experience to better appreciate where we are now, for better or worse. I don't think it would ever be worth it for me, but I can definitely understand why it would be for some people.

>Wrath of Rath
I think I got a tumor from it, but I finally beat it. Why would they make a quest that you might as well reset if you enter at the wrong time?

adept

>not using the fence

Literally whatever you want. SA and LS benefit from every style in some way, and they're all pretty fun and interesting.

Although personally, I can't really stand Adept SA, but give it a shot and see what you think.

Big ass Magatama or Step Ladder = Hammer
Prosecutor Gavin's Guitar = Hunting Horn
Silver Samurai Katana or Fransiska's Whip = Long Sword
Scales and Attorney's Badge = Sword and Board
Gumshoe's Pistol = LBG
Trucy's Magic Hat = HBG
Prosecutor Blackquill's Birb = Kinsect

Can't think of anything for the rest of the weapons desu

Just Started AAI so maybe there's something there

HOLD IT!
There's already existing weapon designs that wouldn't seemingly fit into the game but do!
Chameleos bow is a magical book!
The emperors speech is a throne that a poogie sits on, the arm cannon is a light bowgun, the baki "barehanded" jutsu is just invisible dual blades.
I see no reason why a series of locks that progressively get bigger couldn't be a hammer, or that a pair of magatama couldn't be dual blades. While I personally can't come up with ideas, saying that ace attorney items wouldn't fit directly opposes certain DLC we've gotten in the past! See: Zelda, Metroid, JoJo (Japan) and Megaman.

In fact, most characters in the ace attorney series have wild enough outfits to be situated as DLC, and I imagine that the blue badger or steel samurai would make perfect companion outfits, if not pretty much any of the supporting cast.

Does anyone want to just play with me :3

for both? What art should I use with longsword I just picked it up

I was using aerial with switch axe but that was online and Im wondering if I should be using adept for solo or something

It isn't if you don't suck.
Also on chameleos his head is so high/back is so spread that it's not even remotely disruptive.

>should be
No such thing. Use whatever you have fun with, and whatever works. You might find that some styles work better for some monsters, or you might find that you prefer good old Guild style to the rest.

I will say that, on average, Adept tends to be harder for LS in multiplayer, since it's harder to predict dodges since the monster is all over the place, and as that's your only way to get gauge level ups, it can be a bit prohibitive. But it still can work, depending on the monster.

Experiment.

sure. we'll do some turns
50-2597-9008-9823
im only kind of a shitter