/domg/ - Dominions General

Okofire Edition

Previous Pankoman Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Do not bully Elves

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BLnKF6MKg68
youtube.com/watch?v=qTKOah18x0g
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TheBiggestFattestMeme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Do not bully Elves
Don't you mean
>Do bully Elves

Second for Underwater Bowl

ded thred

>still alive
At the very least, I won't finish last in the UWBOWL.
RIP LOBO HORDES
Not that they're expensive to replace.

Also, does anyone know exactly where Ermor's cap is?

youtube.com/watch?v=BLnKF6MKg68

This looks so good. Why is Russia so based?

youtube.com/watch?v=qTKOah18x0g

get in steam chat

t. Malakal

Keep me up to date on the underwater happenings so I can keep making these. Or not, it's not like they're good

Sceleria are you in here? need to talk about stuff

Can't right now. Maybe later.

Sure, I can do that.
Naturally I can't share everything.

Trade and Taint is coming. Release is currently tentatively slated for early 2017.

Some elements from CoE4 and Dom4 are going into the game, beyond the obvious sprites. Overland map will be the 3d one scheduled for use with dom4. Games with progress a year per irl day (adjustable of course) with all characters in aging appropriately. Every time "taint" overtakes the world it will soft reset, with player towns strong enough to survive becoming hubs and the ones that fell becoming ruins to explore.

>sauce

Can't give myself away sorry, feel free to ask questions about the game though.

Trade and Taint? Why not just call it Goods and Gooch?

Illwinter has players they use for beta testers. I can confirm you're full of shit.

Do vermin feasts from different casters stack?

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=TheBiggestFattestMeme
Need one more player. to get this memeshow on the road, Map is riverlands and we have WH 5.5, Magic Enhanced 1.2 and thrones.dm for a wonderful meme time.

ded
e
d

Game: ToDistractYourselfFromLifeProblems
Turn number 6
Next turn due: 18:49 GMT on Saturday September 10th

Agartha 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
Helheim 2h file received
Kailasa 2h file received
Mictlan Waiting for 2h file
Niefelheim 2h file received
Pangaea 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
Sauromatia 2h file received
Tir na n'Og 2h file received

>Mictlan Waiting for 2h file

Vampire Queen a best

>showing everyone that you have loremasters
fucking shiggy fucking diggy m7

Oh no, please don't come for my lore masters
>implying you can

Not even in that game.

I was in the game where the existence of lore master province provoked an all-out war though.

So, just played my first game withount reading the tutorial, and played the tutorial, now I think im ready to explore this game a bit further. What are the easiest races for begginers?

Also, any pro-tips and advice would be great.

Actually it's not even mine, I uncovered it during some raids on the land dwellers. Just letting everyone know it exists

>You and another player bully a player
>Notice that he goes AI
>kek
>Go to message your partner in crime
>They're AI too
TFW you have no one to gloat with

>faggots always going AI or chain staling
I'm really starting to hate this game even though I have over 1600 hours put into it

MA Ulm or MA Vanheim both make a good starting point.

The former you go mostly scales (I.e. dump most of your points into a good dominion), with (usually) an imprisoned N9 Irminsul. You then churn out many, many priest smiths, and large armies of dudes. The smiths can make up items to gear summons for dirt cheap, and also make for solid battle casters.

The latter, you take a W9Ex bless or an N9Ex bless, produce Vans and Vanjarls, and rush the everloving shit out of things. A Vanjarl and half a dozen Vans can kill a majority of indies, which means you can potentially deploy an expansion party EVERY TURN. Jarls can, later, be geared up and scripted such that they can solo PD, and with their ability to cast cloud trapeze and glamour, you can drop one from orbit onto every province your enemy has in a single turn, and then disappear around his armies until he's completely ruined economically.

>Only 1600 hours
Get on my level scrub. 3000+ Hours and counting (mostly on idle, I swear).

>It is six AM
>Nick is pouring over one of his many messages, carefully choosing his words to manipulate the lesser minds of his opponents
>His foot quivers on the ground as he sips his third energy drink of the night.
>Dawn's glare begins to shine through his window, but rest must wait. There are meme games to win.
>He finally nods, satisfied, then presses "Ok."
>He lets out a sigh of exhaustion, and begins to go over the script for his upcoming battle.
>"This needs testing," he muses, for while he has seen every spell in the upcoming fight used in any number of combinations, one can never be too sure when it comes to High Level Dominions.

Joining as Atlantis

Kek.

Pretty sure it's true though.

Game: TheBiggestFattestMeme
Early Age, max 16 players
Players so far: 16

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Nonsense, I do not drink energy drinks. I only drink the pure nectar of Dr. Pepper.

Don't say such blasphemy.

Nations with good troops are best, because they can easily beat the AI without magic.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't use magic, it just gives you a nice safety net so you can experiment with some of the variety of spells available in the game without much risk.

gives a couple of good choices with decent pretender advice. I'd add that you'll want production 3 on Ulm, as your units are very expensive in resources.

Any nation with solid troop line up and obvious strategy for magic.

Best imo are: EA/MA Vanheim, LA Midgard, MA Pan, EA Fomoria, MA Ulm, LA Atlantis.

So, how about setting Abysia AI for a non-meme name?

Solid pretenders names, I look forward to memeing with you assholes.

resent an updated pretender

>Pangea worships DAT MAENAD HOOCHIE COOCHIE, the Embracer, Giver of Life, Turner of the Flood.
It's like pottery.

OH NO I'M TOO LATE!! Please replace my pretender (Atlantis) with the one I have sent PLS

Too late, faggot. Prepare to be memed.

I hope you spawn near me.

Hey guys why was Pelagia sad on their birthday? Because their cake didn't have any candles.

Nah mate you wanted to play in the UW bowl. You were also the last player to join so nothing we could really do about mate. Autostart is the default.

Sceleria pls
hehehe

It's beautiful.

Total newbie here, checked the manual, cant find an answer:

Is there a way to fix rusted armor/weapons? Nearly 80% of my units got blasted with it in the last encounter

automatically repaired over time based on the resources of the province.

You give Nick too much credit.

He bankrolls the dominions illuminati in exchange for a good winrate.

Total newbie here again:

So far, loving the game, just the sheer amount of mechanics and the amount of variability gives me a lot of questions.

If Blood Sabbath Communion takes 100 fatigue to cast and a blood slave, if a communioner has two slaves, will he sacrifice both in order to stay at 100 fatigue for the Sabbath master? Otherwise, he only has another 100 to give before he dies from the use of the communion correct?

I havn't touched blood magic yet in any of my games yet. Been playing Malverni for my first actual I understand a good chunk of the mechanics game.

If he is B2 or higher and Conservative Gem Use is not checked or if he has another spell scripted after it (even though he won't be able to cast it anyways), he will use 2. B1 mages can only use 1 slave.

If he has B1, he can only use one slave, and that's already taken up in casting the spell. So it'll always be 100 fatigue.

If he has B2, his fatigue from will be lower even with only a single slave (50), but he may use a second slave to lower it further (33) if conserve gem usage is turned off.

Best way to solve this is to have a mage with blood as a sabbath master. Having a communion master cast the spell Reinvigorate will remove all fatigue from the slaves, so you don't need to worry about the fatigue from setting up the sabbath.

Thanks for all the help. Learned the power of communions in the mid game of this Malverni game. Went to siege a cap and killed 12 of my stargazers with overspam because I overshot the amount of reserve fatigue, so just trying to figure all of this out, because it is obviously really powerful when used right.

Also, blessed boars (A9N4B4) of Carnutes are hillariously fun.

That's normally not a great bless, actually, but I can see how it'd be good against the AI which loves to spam cheap units and doesn't really use magic.

[/spoiler] I have no idea what I'm doing, just having fun. It's actually W9N4B4

Don't play Dom4 when you're drunk.

I'm dead serious.

Bump the thread, you fools.

Ys swans are now sacred.

Is this the change Ys needs?

Post battle reports.

More like don't submit turns when you're drunk. Blacking out and then coming back to an empire in shambles, not a fun experience. I appparently cussed out a neighbor one time, but it was ok cause I made his ass go AI

Why not just RoS? That seems like a lot of gems and some lost mages for what could have been a clean trap

I burned a lot of gems, and honesty he has 4 other 600+ doomstacks I'm struggling to deal with.
I'm so excited for next turn

Come at me bb

I had Pyre and Maelstorm up so I had the gems to burn. And I only had one RoS caster near that stack when it attacked me. My mages wouldn't have died if I wasn't an idiot and placed them near the archers of provincial PD. Guess what those crossbow were set to fire on.

Here is a cleaner defense

He really shouldn't be moving mages in a stack like that against RoS. 24 Wind Masters, kek, he must have been pissed.

>11 ancient lords
Oh sweet lawd almighty, but there do be some dumb ass crackas

>Mostly pale one militia

There are many things to describe that stack, but doom is not one of them.

It's mostly Agartha's doom

I actually DO understand buying massed pale one militia, but only for sieging. They're amazing at that. Actually using them for combat, though. Now that's something else. If I had that many and had to drag them from one siege to another, I'd probably just blob them all up near the back and hope they don't get in the way of real units.

Badmin please set this fucker to AI.

Do thrones spread dominion for EA Mictlan?

I could buy that Trade and Taint is Shillwinter's next big release, but I don't believe this post.

Is CoE4 any good? I've never gotten around to it.

No version of CoE is any good. Sorry. It's not Heroes, it's not Dominions, it's clunky, it's micro-intensive for no real reward, and it's just shit

That's a shame. Guess I'll be waiting for Trade and Taint for an alternative source of Illfraud memery.

It's a fun way to spend an hour or two. It's not awful.

It's fun for ~5 hours while you dick around with stuff and read the cute descriptions. It's got some interesting idea (CoE dwarves are social animals like ants with magic queens) and elementals plane. It just don't have fun as game

Pls assist.

yes

CoE4 is fun if you like modding games for yourself. But I wish you could at least somewhat script what your units do on the battlefield.

I'm interested, but not $24.99 interested. I have a crumpled car to see to.

Thanks

Who's bordering Ulm? Van got access to both him and an AI, if we're not careful he might end up with 3 caps by the time we take care of Ermor.

Arco, would you be willing to share up to date graphs? Graphs are fun.

Are sites that say "a X mage may enter to summon Y" effected by the respective level of the X path? Meaning do you get more of the summoned units with a stronger mage?

I thought it was pretty good, but I played it before I got into Dominions. Hard to say how it would hold up if I went back to it, since it seems Dominions has far more depth.

No, but there are a lot of events where the mage levels matter and SOME of those sites spawn events based on what uses them

My global got replaced. I have a project in mind, though, that hopefully people will find interesting.

>global got replaced
Oh, I didn't realize we already had that many globals up and running. Interested in seeing this project when it's ready.

Oh no his other stacks are straight DOOM

My 54 gem Mother Oak has paid for itself 2 times over by so IDK. But Arco has been a great neighbor so I'm not going to question what he does with his pearls at this point since I'm irrelevant. But if you need more pearls to cast something i got you bb

The real threat here though I'm going to distract everyone from though. They'll be our overlords in 30 turns

>when someone starts up the horse while you're still changing the oil

Looks like he came back?

I can confirm this is true. The last time I fought against nick, a bunch of inconspicuous men in black suits and with nailed baseball bats came and told me that unless I went AI and deathbasketed all my gems, I would regret it. I may be in a wheelchair now, but at least I can still play dominions.

Look again

Huh, so why does it say

>Ulm 2h file received

If I'm a new player in my first game, and I want to learn Blood, would Niefelheim be a good option?

Nifelhiem isn't really that dependent on blood. It'd look to EA/LA Mictlan if want to force yourself to learn blood.