/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9l-kS6ygClQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC#Colorimetry
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

emulation memery beyond this line

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, could be better. Here it is if anyone wants to fix it.

This vide ogame looks too hard.

I've been playing videogamez for years and I still suck at them

Does playing one video game of one genre even give you much advantage in a video game of another genre beyond a tiny bit of reaction time experience?

its not hard look at all the 1ups he gets XD

I guess not, most of the time atleast

is there an ff6 save editor i regret my naming decisions

Tell us the names first

You can kill shit and get renaming cards

Wair a second

You aren't the real vib-ribbon guy

i named both terra and the thief guy after me (terra is named a female version of my name)

i named everyone else after friends

i have realized this is dumb and cheesy

i wanna name my guys after fire emblem characters like i always do

hi

Wait a second

You aren't the real simias

>renaming JRPG characters ever

i didn't know he was the one posting all the picross pics
i thought you guys just really like the game

It's a little bit of both

Some people renamed them things like Butt and Dick and Poop. Because that was their most sophisticated means of self-expression at the time. Humans: Not even once.

I am seriously triggered by that shader you're using. No fucking game boy screen gives the game fucking chromatic aberration like that.

You might be able to find the text, with a hex editor.

well i dunno give me a better one

actually never mind how is this one i like it more

this game is actually sgb enhanced but gambatte don't do that yet

my gb emulator on psp does it though

bong

How does it feel knowing GLideN64 is growing more accurate by the day, and will soon be ported to libretro?

Puzzling since no one is paying gonetz anymore

The RetroArch web player isn't responding to inputs

Me on the right

>Puzzling since no one is paying gonetz anymore
Are you implying Gonetz is in this for the money, and not the love of N64 emulation?

Looks awful even at 2k (I refuse to call 2k 4k)

>I refuse to call 2k 4k
No one cares about what you think fag

No one cares what you think, industry exec.

Why don't you like the term?

There was a really good "adding emulated games to steam" guide, complete with a "steambanner" booru a few years back, what happened to that?

the author realized he was enabling cancer with his guide and stopped

Convenience is cancer now? Anyway, found several other guides, just wondering why it wasn't in the OP anymore

>still hasn't fixed turok's HLE issues
>still hasn't fixed winback HLE
>still isn't supported by the top dogs in the scene
>still has retardedly slow LLE performance
>still broken in various S2DEX games
GLideN64 is very promising m8

>logging into your account and installing 3rd party software is convenience

goy vey

>>still isn't supported by the top dogs in the scene
Except it's being ported to libretro, which currently has no acceptable plugin for rendering above native resolutions.

>which currently has no acceptable plugin for rendering above native resolutions.
Their Glide64 is better than PJ64's overall.

>Their Glide64 is better than PJ64's overall.
I'm well aware. I took a look at it while backporting some ini fixes. It's still rubbish, though. Glide64 is a fundamentally horrible plugin.

I have no fucking clue what you're talking about retard

OK well if you believe GLideN64 is the best HLE plugin, why is zilmar and his cronies not interested in it?

didn't zilmar donate a thousand dollars to him?

He's obviously talking about Steam. He's probably a Linux/GOG cuck.

>cuck

How to get your posts ignored in one easy step.

>steam user calling others cuck
top kek

zilmar donated 500. He seems to no longer be interested in GLideN64. He'd rather improve Glide64.

I don't like it either, but most publishers just don't want to publish DRM free copies of games anymore.

its because retards like you lap DRM up like a cheap whore taking payment.

How many command lines did you have to type out to make these posts?
I think we're well past the point of return on the inclusion of DRM, but go ahead and continue blaming the masses. I for one won't be limiting on what I can play.

There was a time when pc games can be played without steam shoehorning bullcrap, what happened to that?

Second number is what you go by for 1080p and below, not the first. To switch to the first is deceptive.

>what happened to that

Retards like happened who actively shun consumer rights and willingly accept getting fucked in the ass

Pirate it and mail a check to the developers.

Do you suggest that I pirate Steam-only games?

It's no more bullshit than just writing down the last number without denoting the aspect ratio. These shorthand notations were never anything but a way to confuse normals. Most people don't even know what 1080p means.

>abloobloobloo muh steam muh DRM

4k without research can deceive someone who actually knows what 1080p is if they take it at face value though. Normal people will be less deceived even perhaps because all they know is "it's better than 1080p" although the scale is wrong too so if they do any thinking about it they will be deceived too without research.

>muh gayben
off to leddit with you

>willingly accept getting fucked in the ass
Elaborate
Wait wait...don't tell me. You're gonna parrot the bit about all Steam games not being your own.

>You're gonna parrot the bit about all Steam games not being your own.
>its not true because I said so
As I said, willingly accept getting fucked in the ass.

Not him but unless you have a crack and all the game files, you don't have guaranteed access to the game.

It's true, but it's also totally inconsequential. Games get removed from the store, but they don't get yanked out of your library or become unplayable. In the unlikely event that Valve goes under or Steam is pulled in the near future, installs can be backed up and there exists no-steam cracks for nearly anything and most games don't even need that. In the present, it's bar none the most convenient method for both organization, updates and niceties like cloud saving. GOG Galaxy is making great strides, but GOG as a whole doesn't have a comparable of modern titles.

*comparable amount
>chrono trigger

>there exists no-steam cracks for nearly anything and most games don't even need that

There are thousands of games in the steam library with no cracks at all. What the fuck are you going to do when steam goes down and all you have are a bunch of useless files on your hard disk?

>chrono trigger
Did you get triggered?

>thousands

>installs can be backed up
enjoy downloading 20 games sized at 10TB in a month. Every single ISP is moving towards data caps and thinking that there is going to be a warning when steam goes down is just wishful thinking on your part.

>Every single ISP is moving towards data caps
They hardly exist in the states and the FCC has been fighting those that do enforce one.
>thinking that there is going to be a warning when steam goes down is just wishful thinking on your part.
I know it's hip to demonize every big corporation because they're a big corporation, but I'd give the the benefit of the doubt and say they wouldn't just flip the switch on 10+ million users with absolutely no warning.

>but I'd give the the benefit of the doubt and say they wouldn't just flip the switch on 10+ million users with absolutely no warning.
Where does this trust comes from?
This is the same company that pulled the whole paid mods thing and has perishable cosmetics as microtransactions
You couldn't find bigger kikes in the industry even if you tried.

It's not like the individual needs to back up his entire library right away in that scenario. If there was a 2 week countdown before Steam went totally kaput, you could rest assured that among someone else is going to be backing up those 50 gig plus AAA games.

>Every single ISP is moving towards data caps
>source: my asshole
This would effectively kill on-demand streaming, which has become one of the primary reasons people pay for mid/high-speed internet. I don't want to live in your fantasy world.

*among the thousands of owners someone is going

youtube.com/watch?v=9l-kS6ygClQ

Congrats, your shitty memewave music killed the thread

Help a retard out here. I grabbed a Trashman rom from emuparadise (because everybody says to go there and that the site is safe supposedly). Seems clean and all, but what does the Trashman represent? Seems like there are different roms (independent, trashman,e tc).

It's just the name of the uploader or the set it came from atleast; trashman is fine.

You don't have to worry about getting malware or anything from emuparadise, but you do need to worry about bad rips if you're downloading disc-based games.

>if you believe GLideN64 is the best HLE plugin, why is zilmar
Zilmar is the dude seriously contemplating per-game HLE framebuffer hacking, something Gonetz is firmly against because he believes in accurate, global solutions wherever possible.

Awesome. Thank you, user.

So this is what eye cancer is like.

The way it's meant to be played.

>Where does this trust comes from?

Being a good little consumerist whore. He's been indoctrinated that way his entire life and is far too stupid to ponder living any other way.

Even this is potentially accurate. Thanks NTSC!

Oh, according to autismo last thread NTSC is the best thing since the blowjob was first conceived and nothing else could ever be any better.

why not use nightly retroarch instead of "stable"

Clearly that user was right, though. Just looking at that screenshot makes my dick suck itself, free of charge and no emotional commitment.

Bug fixes, new features. Stable = arbitrarily chosen old build

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC#Colorimetry
That's wrong though, you mongoloid. Just because they choose to emulate every TV ever made doesn't mean most of those TVs weren't objectively wrong to begin with.

Stay mad, Europe.

Is there a emulator that supports Neo Geo that keeps the boot screen? I really like that boot screen.

Most do? I know MAME does.

PS3 and Xbox will never get accurate emulators because the developers intended the games to run at 24 fps for the ideal cinematic experience whereas PC cannot run anything at less than 60fps making everything look like a video game.

No gb emulator can or ever will actually do sgb emulation. The ones that supposedly do usually just pull the border out and display it.

The only thing that actually does it is bsnes.