/mkg/ - Mobile Kanojo/Kareshi General

Mobile Kanojo/Kareshi General #261
"Dream Boyfriend" edition

Last Thread: >Main games of discussion are Moe Can Change!, Dream Girlfriend/Nijikano, Fairy Doll and Gijin Kareshi/Animal Boyfriend but people are encouraged to introduce new games.
>Games of occasional discussion are Potion Maker, Mandrake Girls, Soul Girls, etc.
>To our newfriends: please remove any /mkg/ tags, and lurk more to ensure proper etiquette. We might be a dress-up game general, but rodents are the best boys.

>/mkg/ Tips, Etiquette and Linkdump (includes spreadsheet of names for MCC, DG, AB, GK and FD):
pastebin.com/iPbE3f4d (embed)
>English Wiki links:
MCC: myroid.wikia.com/wiki/Myroid_Wiki
DG: dream-girlfriend.wikia.com/wiki/Dream_Girlfriend_Wikia
FD: fairy-doll.wikia.com/wiki/Fairy_Doll_Wiki
AB: animal-boyfriend.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Boyfriend_Wiki

>JP Wiki links:
MCC: www56.atwiki.jp/aimi-mcc/
DG: www8.atwiki.jp/nizikano-2d/
FD: www55.atwiki.jp/fairdol/
AB: www38.atwiki.jp/gijin-kareshi/

>Expression/hair viewer/background viewers:
MCC: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25352599/MCC Combined Viewer.html
DG: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25352599/DGCreator.html
FD: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25352599/fd expression viewer.html
AB: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mbajihnc2d2lhuq/gkab student expression viewer.html?dl=0

>Moe Can Change! Item Dump:
pastebin.com/pgDqtDf3

>Other Mobile Kanojos Games (Includes link to the apk downloader):
pastebin.com/xcmdi6Ck

Other urls found in this thread:

hoshi-kare.jp/pc/index.php?&ag=pc&i=cast2&i=cast
dream-girlfriend.wikia.com/wiki/Gods_Among_Us!_FolkTales_Event!
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hosikare days when

? Hoshikare's been out. English version DB will be out whenever. The eng twitter said there will be MRs so they might be waiting for HK to make more for a security backlog to use.

gaaaay

That's what I meant.

How so? You probably play as a female, like how in DG the self-insert is a male, therefore it's a bunch of straight boys.

I wonder if it will reach the popularity of DG or if most players will drop it within the first week. Females and males both enjoy female character dressup games, but rarely do both females and males play male character dressup games. But who knows, DG got wicked popular with the moving outfits concept. Let's just hope it doesn't cause AB to reach the deadness of FD.

FD died by itself, if any DG would have killed MCC if it was better.

That's because that red log-in bonus dress is actually the default dress in the old version of the game, but in white (the ID is literally 1). They're going for more of a throwback with the anniversary, but it really doesn't mean anything to EN for obvious reasons.

This And DG seems to have gotten more popular than MCC, but the two are different enough to not kill each other.

The reason DG got more popular:
"Dream Girlfriend" as the title is more straightforward. You search it and understand it's an anime waifu creation game. "Moe Can Change" and "Myroids" can be confusing.
Easier to play with the free blocks and longer event stamina.
The art is more detailed in DG and has Live 2D.
Voices, but they're just a bunch of "Ara"s so I don't think people really care about it.

The reason why I think AB will maintain an equal or higher popularity than DB:
The art in DB is a step backwards, it looks like shit in comparison to AB except maybe the hair. The Live2D and voices are the only things saving the art.
"Dream Boyfriend" again is more easier to understand than furry sounding "Animal Boyfriend" but the titles aren't much different.
DB will probably (hopefully) get better treatment than the nofucksgivenaboutupdates mindset AMB has with AB.
DB will also have the more user-friendly events and blocks.

Really the art style is the only thing dragging DB/HoshiKare down, but all the teenagers spending daddy's allowance may not notice it.

I want daddy to give me more allowance! I'm 25 though; it's complicated.

I was honestly pretty keen about this when they first announced it, thinking the quality of the art will jump as much as it did for MCC to DG, but it was just disappointing. They are investing A LOT in getting in A-list seiyuu voices though, which I expect would have been a huge selling point in Japan. Looks like there's 13 to choose from at the moment (some type-specific), and I recognize most of them.

Oh shit I didn't know that. I was thinking it's real lame there's only 3 girls that generally have the same pitch for DG. It'll be nice to hear the seiyuu I imagine for my students, if they're in it.

I almost wish AMB will troll us and replace them with popular English dub actors for DB like Johnny Yong Bosch and Vic Mignigger so that I will drop it faster.

The first half of the list is here hoshi-kare.jp/pc/index.php?&ag=pc&i=cast2&i=cast and the rest on the third tab. The first tab has some voice samples, but not all of them are in there.

They sound yummy. Looks like one of my students' voices Nobuhiko Okamoto is in it. Not that I'll recreate them, I'd just like to hear them. I knew they'd get that whore Yuki Kaji, he'll do anything.

Where'd all the moebros go? Post fat tits or something.

I've been saving these.

Are your girls better at games than you are, or are you merely pretending?

They're better at different games, but that's okay. You cant be the best at everything.

Totally just pretending, there's no way they'd actually beat me if I'm playing seriously, h-hahaha...

Just like how Needy is shit because it's not dependent on you right?

>transfar
Come on, I thought fixing this was supposed to be proof AMB Worker was legit. I guess he never was.

What?

Nobody here reported that, is he supposed to read our minds?

Back when he first showed up, someone posted that transfar would be an easy thing to fix to prove he was with AMB. Pretty sure he responded to it too.

I had forgotten that, I think he was legit at first and then just someone shitposting.

And he jokes about it too, here I expect so, but I wanted to believe.

FD Data Transfer ID: fAyy4D
It's a conspiracy.

What are you even transferring to?

New phone.

why.

On the off chance they add something to do other than maxing every personality's hope change.

b-but

bump

Fairies are ______

dead

It looks kind of like Ouch?

Oh really?

Is it? I thought it was some kind of anime character that I don't know at first.

I know some people stopped reading them, but her introduction makes it clear as water.

I'd read more intros if AMB didn't hide them by default.

It just says she's a shapeshifter. She could be shapeshifting into anime characters, how would I know

I take that you don't read Cathexis's intros either.

Haha I only wrote them... I see now, that's cute. Thank you

You're cute.

for AVs.

A

N

PUNK ASS BUSTA AIN'T GONNA STOP ME! THUG LIFE NIGGA!

They don't choose the thug life, the thug life chooses them

Does anyone know if DG will be doing this event again?

dream-girlfriend.wikia.com/wiki/Gods_Among_Us!_FolkTales_Event!

No, the events and gachas in DG do not get repeated.

I

M

P

E

N

E

T

This is going nowhere.

R

A

B

B

I Ambition, our savior, hallelujah. Rabbi Ambition, we pray that you will keep the jpegs halal and keep tricking the goyim.

>halal
>halaal
>kosher

It's all the same goy.

Burkini when?

But I want the thing I want so badly.

>tfw I got the only thing I wanted from DG and it was partially thanks to the game giving me the consecutive login bonuses even though I didn't open the application in months

Anyone try poker? Does it pay out better than blackjack on average? I suck at both, so that sort of average.

It's a lot better. Even if you just keep matching pairs, you win often.

Tfw it's a dress-up game but you've fallen in love with a certain outfit/theme so you don't want to change anything but you keep getting nice items

Bangers n' mash

This is why I have an extra account for no theme. But, I've found without a theme it's not really interesting enough to play. I suppose you can play a shapeshifter or a girl like Chie who'll wear anything.

solution: make multiple of the same girl

Because I know, somewhere deep down in my heart...

I still love you

Is there an extra stage they forgot to unlock in the AB event? I'm missing the stuff labeled under Adventures of Pinocchio stage and I don't see the items listed in the wiki answers except one, but it's incorrect. Silly Kitty Navy did not drop from the question the wiki says.

video games

I don't play games.

Bump

(Not my girl)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I tried out MCC, DG, and AB all at the same time but only kept DG installed.

The art in MCC was a big turn off to me. It's clear that the art has vastly improved at some point in development but there's this jarring gap between the bases/faces/hair that make them look like they aren't from the same source. Plus stuff like
Look like someone pasted an SD head on a regular body. A lot of things looked strangely low res and unpolished. It reminded me of early 2000s doujin games but not in a good way.

AB also had some art and polish problems in my eyes. The default body was really strangely proportioned and had a gimpy little arm, made worse by the fact the torso was so thin and long. Again, it looks like the art got a lot better based on stuff I've seen posted here, but I think they kind of shot themselves in the foot having such a strangely positioned base. UI also looked like arse.

I kept on with DG because it looked very nicely polished, I liked the art, and the outfits are pretty cute though the selection is pretty lacking. Instead of creating cute outfits you are just stuck with wearing a complete ensemble, usually available in one colour, two at best, with the ability to slap some random items on in the background or foreground.

Looking forward to DB coming out in English, I'll give it a try if it does thought the art is a bit too sparkly for my personal tastes.

Interesting opinions. It really does come down to personal preference. I could say the same about DG; many of the outfits don't match the heads because of the height options, and it's so same-face-y. (FD has the best eyes and expressions, imo. Being able to customize backgrounds is a huge plus, except now the game's quite dead.) I actually enjoy the cartoon-ish style of MCC despite the flawed artstyles, especially in the earliest outfits. (AMB also promised redrawn HD faces but that has yet to happen.) I do agree with you about heads being pasted on; they try to force certain poses that look strange, and the well-endowed outtits are too much. Yes, DG has better detailed art but overall, I prefer MCC over DG for the dialogue, numerous free outfits, and varied events. DG's chats are way too cringy. There's too little selection of outfits or they're often behind a paywall.

You didn't like AB though? Aside from the awful UI design, event NPCs are moe as fuck and there's plenty of interesting outfits and accessories. The shota outfits are hilarious in that they always need an excuse to cover the neck. They've been re-releasing certain gachas to have tan bodies too.

I know what you mean about DG sizes. I chose the tallest option for my girls because the short one looks atrocious in most outfits.

I do think MCC's style is cute, but it wasn't different enough from flash games online/free download that have been available for years for me to really want to pour any time or effort into it, and especially not money. Plus the starting girl was extremely close to my ideal anyhow. The dialogue (and therefore VAs) don't really matter much to me because I power through them anyhow. It's not like a VN or anything where there are interesting characters who grow and develop, have complex backstories and interpersonal relationships. It's just generic waifu pandering aimed at the player and I give no fucks about that. I know that's theoretically the point of the game, but the same few dozen lines of generic dialogue don't do it for me. It's way more fun thinking up a girl's personality as you create her visual design, it's half the fun. For me, anyhow.

Maybe I just didn't give AB enough of a chance. I downloaded all three with the intention to only keep one and DG's really nicely polished UI and art won me over pretty fast. You make me want to redownload it for another try now.

>anyhow anyhow anyhow
Time for bed.

>DG
>Good UI
It's not as bad as AB's, but it sucks.

>good art
>good UI

Wow, those are exactly the reasons I dislike DG. Outfits are usually fine, though there are some really terrible ones. Long faces just look too generic, and a lot of the face types just don't seem very different from each other. Not many work with shortest's face, and shortest doesn't work with many outfits, but getting them to work is the main reason I'm still playing. Animals are all over the place in terms of design, and same with Ns vs Rs vs RRs, etc. Really the only fun thing is messing with the intricacies of body and back equips. And making a visually appealing coordination, of course.

The UI feels like a mess. Sure, it's more colorful and has more art assets put into it, but at the same time it feels more cluttered because of it. It's a pain to navigate most times with the action menu differing from the home screen sidebar, and the sidebar locking out the bottom menu. The Girlfriends page doesn't change the active girlfriend but other pages do when you use them to switch. There're some odd inconsistencies with the study screen. Talking is a pain when your personality level is low because of the bar's animation. A few other things I can't think of off the top of my head. Basically a lot of minor gripes adding up to overall annoyance.

Don't forget the footprints tab, that's the absolute worst. Why did they think putting ARS all together in one tab was a good idea?

Most of us don't care about the DG dialogue either, it's so repetitive and doesn't deviate from tropes at all. You're able to get funnier combinations in MCC and the types have distinct personalities. You're right, most people just play DG for the aesthetics and character creation.

You probably already know that it takes some time to accumulate outfits in these games since they heavily rely on gachas and events, but yeah, definitely give AB a retry. It's nearly as casual as DG since motivation increases by 20 with each bother. Their gacha system is arguably the best out of these games; they offer rare drop increase rates and once you play it enough times, you're guaranteed a super rare outfit/bg.

Next event is just too generous. 32 peach buns, 42 event drinks across two accounts (NPCs give event drinks too). Ends in a few hours, it's going to be a pain using them all.

This loli hit puberty. Time to grow up and trim that 'stache

Reminder to never put anything in an android's vagina.

>insert "do not fist androids" image here

Such a pity they're already dead.

I call dibs on Inoshishi.

How does this shitty meme work? They're dead, how can you "call dibs" on them?

>he doesn't fuck corpses