SAAB 9-5 07

I have the chance to buy a saab 9-5 for $4800 dollars and I'm not very mechanically inclined so thats why I am asking is it a good car and any tips for purchasing cars on craigslist also I know its kind of a high price but I think I'm gonna lowball first with $4000

>automatic

I can drive standard just not very good so I prefer auto, also im lazy and don't care that much

I guess if you don't care about not being able to find parts it's fine. I wouldn't buy a car from a small(ish) brand that doesn't exist anymore

You should get better.

Memes aside, it looks pretty good and the owner claims to have been the only owner and have the maintenance history. Just to be sure get him to send you the VIN and let MightyBenz run it for you

I'm not sure about that year honestly

I have a 2001 9-5 Aero automatic that's over 200,000 and still running fairly good.

The only issue I've had is the battery dying frequently which is annoying but no gamebreaker.

But you may want to get ti checked out just in case.

well isn't this part of the gm years so it won't be that bad? Or is it actually hard?
thanks and will do
I heard they do 200,000 easy, he also sent me that he has had the crank seal, oil pump seal and oil pressure switch changed is this a common problem or thing to see at 118k?

Accidentally linked the old VIN check thread.
New one here.

It is not especially hard to find parts for 9-5's, I own a 2003 with a manual transmission.

Mechanically the 9-5 has stayed fairly similar from it's inception until like... 2009 or something. You can find parts fairly easily especially since a bunch of them are GM, but the downside is that they're going to be more expensive than your typical Honda or Toyota.

If the Saab is well taken care of then it should be fine.

9-5's are smooth as fuck highway cruisers - it literally feels like you're flying down the freeway. Not sure about that year, but in previous years the Aero's also had extremely comfortable seats. If you do a lot of long trips then you're going to love it.

The cars are also piss-easy to tune. You just find some dude in your area who does the work, pay them like $100-200 and bam - instantly 20hp and 60ft/lbs without having to do anything else and you have some truly mean mid-range grunt.

Decent 2.3L turbo 4cyl Saab 9-5's are excellent values, imo. My 03 9-5 Aero is at 160,000 miles.

thanks
yeah I'm fairly certain its only one owner and it looks well taken care of, any things i should look at that are common problems with most saabs?

heres the vin report
no accidents
lease vehicle
auctioned off
one owner
clean title

What did it mean by auctioned off?

DOESN'T SPOOL DOWN WHEN YOU SHIFT!!!

>buying a mid 2000's saab
>not a 9-2X Aero

you should probably just get a 9-3 from the mid 2ks - prettier, fast, and still nice af inside. a really good saab, desu.

Have you had any turbo issues? My 2003 9-5 has lunched two of them now and in both cases I detected the issue through excessive oil consumption. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.

Probably purchased by a dealer to sell on the lot

Do you have an LPT or an HOT?

blz buy saabz n join da comunity

we r so nice

Name one part thats hard to find on the 06-09 saab 9-5?

yeah . OMFG AWD MEENS ITZ FAZT. Those cars are fucking slugs. shitty transmissions. shitty interiors.

the 9-5 is a better car than a mid 2000s 9-3.

get a 9-2 Aero.

its a WRX

> Those cars are fucking slugs. shitty transmissions. shitty interiors.

its literally a wrx with a better interior???

sure the 9-2x might not be a rocket ship but it isnt a bad car

who cares if its a WRX?!

the interior is NOT great at all. its flimsy and cheap. car aint that great . the only good thing about is that its AWD. Other than that , body parts are actually hard to find for it, theyre overrated, and a tough car to even find for sale!

for that money, its a good car. Post the VIN if you have it, and ill run it through the dealer database to check on what it was brought it for under warranty