Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Previously on /tosg/ Latest Patch Notes: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=636
Rank 8 Update Preview: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=610
Updates You Might Have Missed: treeofsavior.com/news/?n=624

>Can I play the game now?
YES YOU CAN (Get it on steam)! Rank 8 Late September™

TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd

This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>Frequently Asked Questions:
pastebin.com/z0nHSEjH

>Add-ons:
github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager

>Cards List:
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/list-boss-cards-and-effects/321599

>Servers
- kTOS - Server : Vaivora (바이보라)
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA), Orsha (NA), Fedimian (EU), Telsiai (SEA)

>Official Translation Project - github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation
Helping in the translation will speed up international server updates and remove unwanted machine-translated text. There are also rewards for contributors, further explained on the github page.

>/tosg/ Guilds info:
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena/Silute, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a Templar.
If Guild is recruiting, please post in the thread.
>Klaipeda
Futureproof (Lolipan)
Database (Cattly)
CuteNotLewd (Plasmagica)
Cake (DeliciousCake)
FOE (Jinsae)
cute (Merigolds)
Ohayou (Beethoven)
>Orsha
Kotatsu (Colyo)
>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)
>Telsiai
Comfy (Katzenberg)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/521qxl/psa_cavity_search_addon_to_see_hidden_slots/
tos-kr.neet.tv/npcs/58442
youtube.com/watch?v=mXM0o3ZQqGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/Bullies/ when?

/Bullies/ soon!

Given how badly the game is doing, how the cash shop is a joke and how TP is thrown at people, do you think the hackers are making more money on the game than IMC?

I just took a look at one of the hackers groups. Dude sells his program for $10 a month and he's got like 700 subscribers paying for it.
He's got to be making more money off of his hack than IMC are making from the game.

And there are a bunch of people selling hacks and bots like this.

>Legion sold 3.3million copies on first day
How's your dead game tostards

whats a >good build< for brain dead grinding from level 1? i want to make a character with 0 quests done
preferably not use many pots, maybe archer?

We're enjoying it just fine, thanks!

Our guild is recruiting, PM me if you're interested

Sent. What kind of dps you want?

>friend who wouldn't shut up about this game during the development hype has literally nothing to say about it now

kek

Surprisingly, if you look at the player statistic charts, there was no effect from Legion. I guess the playerbases don't overlap after all. Overwatch was worse.

The core design of this game is fantastic, no one could have known about the terrible optimization issues from trailers and dev updates alone.

>adding jumping to Ragnarok was a fantastic idea!

I mean, sure, I guess?

we're short on wizard and cleric dps

What's the best r8 class and why is it Mergen?

>wow

are you fat?

cute bunnies!

>Mergen2 gives Triple Arrow a knockdown attribue
>Everyone suddenly screams that it's the most broken OP class

Pretty much every issue here that every other MMO doesnt already suffer from can all be attributed by how IMC is actively sabotaging their own IP. No one had high hopes but I dont think anyone predicted these Caligula levels of complete insanity from Kim.

Actual transcript from IMC board meeting:
>Let's just fuck this game's shit up
>No
>Let's make it even worse

Is there any actual merit to game being shut down around December or is it just dumb doomposting?

There's deader games that lasted way longer than a year.

It's all just doomposting, releasing new cash shop items is like printing free money at this point, theres no reason to shut it down yet.

>There's deader games that lasted way longer than a year.
Usually they're under some contractual obligation to last as long as they do. Sure Nexon has a fire lit under IMC's ass, but only for kTOS.

>Surprisingly
But nobody expected it to have any effect.

>Since the betas, everyone's biggest complaint was the 2fps hoglan caused by the whole single-core bullshit
>For over a fucking year, IMC hasn't addressed it and never will
>They announced open beta, then went "lol, we're gonna do a 'founders server' cuz fuck you"
>They were completely awe-stricken that they couldn't get away with that, but did it anyway, only with a different time period and prices
>Failed to go public on time
>Failed to actually do anything period by that time, anyway
>Went UN-public shortly after because fuck being ready for anything ever
>Went public again with pretty much no announcent or advertising
>Proceeded to be shit for the next several months

Is this an accurate timeline?

The worst thing is that they're preparing to launch MORE GAMES using the exact same single-core engine.

Ye

>Is there any actual merit to game being shut down around December
something something something korean law about company has to give players all money back if game dead in less than 12 month something something something
>launch was in december 2015

no sure if bullshit

I don't know, it leaves out a lot of little details.

Like how in the beta, one of the most well loved features was how random bosses with unique cosmetic loot could show up as long as you were in a party of 5, adding a nice variety to grinding. Removed for no reason whatsoever, along with the cosmetics.
Missions used to give exp cards, cosmetics, and fun gimmicky items. Replaced with lmao mystery cubes enjoy Siaulai forever.

You forgot the part where they gave us a "repository merge" but still give us the bird with 3 dungeon runs instead of 5 and us still having the double timer respawn system.

>cavity search is now a thing
>no reddit post about it

Why this?

I still don't understand IMCs logic when it comes to choices like this. They had features and content actually in the game but removed it for no reason.

I just can't understand IMCs logic anymore. They'll do something to minorly improve the game, then the next patch sabotage the fuck out of the game. They'll talk about how they're adding stuff that'll fix the game, but everything they mentioned turns out to ruin it instead.

It's like... Is this one big experiment IMC are running or something?

What are you talking about? ;)

>I still don't understand IMCs logic when it comes to choices like this. They had features and content actually in the game but removed it for no reason.
>RNG Cubes
>Cube rerolling

Between 3 dungeons, 3 missions, 2 saalus, and 2 uphill, that's 10 runs per character even if you don't do earth tower. If you actually want more runs, you're running multiple characters anyway. How do you have time for all that?

Guys I need your input

What's some good
PVE builds for R8?

Need to do good AoE damage mostly and of course good single target

Is Shinobi murm a meme?
Hop3Dragoon2?

Wizard and cleric DPS seems dead since monsters will have bombillion mdef

One thing that gets me is how a lot of stuff requires insane grind. Like the 0.001% chance of getting something decent from a cube.
Same with getting a level 10 gem. You need like 500 fucking powders.

To me this suggests IMC expected the game to have a large community, so even though these items were rare, a number of them would be in circulation due to sheer number of people grinding for them.

But when you actually play the game, anything more than 5 players per map gimps any progress you will make because the game world just isn't big enough to support those kinds of player numbers.

It's like they wanted lots of players and designed a few systems with this in mind. But the entire game is only suited to a small community and it collapses when a sizeable amount of people play.

I just don't get it.

>To me this suggests IMC expected the game to have a large community, so even though these items were rare, a number of them would be in circulation due to sheer number of people grinding for them.
See like, that would make sense, right? There's daily limits and extreme rarity on items, but at least you can farm the silver and just buy them if you're unlucky is the theory.
Except everything's fucking untradable.

I remember they said they fixed jumping while under asleep but it broke a while ago.

>Is Shinobi murm a meme?

yes

Just play another game

Ya fuck you too RNG. And fuck IMC. I think I'll just get superior royal guard upgrade it to +8 and pass it down to my alts as heirlooms.

Kirito here
Beethoven please!! can you reply to my whispers
Kirito out

different ppl/team in different development stages and they didnt rly care what others did?

Her mace never

FEATHERFOOT WAS A MISTAKE

MAN FUCK YOU BLOOD BATH FOR HAVING A 1 PIXEL BIG HIT BOX AND FUCK YOU FOR ALWAYS PRIORITISING SHIT I CANNOT DAMAGE ANYWAY WHY THE FUCK DO YOU KEEP TRYING TO HIT THAT PYROMANCERS FIREBALL OR THAT NECROMANCERS SKELETONS? YOU CANT HIT THEM FUCKING FUCKER

AND FUCK YOU BLOOD SUCKING FOR MAKING ME MASH THE KEY TO USE YOU LIKE 5 TIMES BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY WORK BY THEN SURESPELL HAS ENDED AND YOU GET INTERRUPTED ANYWAY

FUCK YOU BONE POINTING FOR BEING THE MOST USELESS SKILL IN THE GAME WOW YOU DO LIKE 10% OF MY ATTACK DAMAGE AND INFLICT A 5% SLOW BUT YOU MISS ALL THE FUCKING TIME ANYWAY

FUCK NABABAPAPI BECAUSE HOW THE FUCK DO YOU SPELL THAT SHIT? NAGIHANDI? NANISORE? NAGHUNDIPUNDI? I DON'T KNOW FUCK OFF

AND FUCK YOU FEATHER SHOES FOR BEING NOTHING BUT A SELF INFLICTED SLOW

I'D REMAKE THIS SHITTY CHARACTER IF I DIDN'T FUCKING HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH.

FUCK YOU IMC.

They've got a lewd costume, use it to your advantage.

t. Lolipeedro

One of the major problems in this game is how many classes unlock a big part of their full potential at the first circle. Classes like Scout, Linker, and Falconer.

Featherfoot is the opposite. They'll probably make FeatherFoot really good in the future, but you'll have to stand the test of time and holdout those awful C1 skills. C2 already looks really good, but it still has much to improve.

Be like me and put 1 point into Bath, Sucking, and Nghandi and save everything else.

FUCK THAT SHIT

FEATHERFOOT IS TRASH AND THE ONLY REASON I HAVEN'T DELETED IT IS BECAUSE I GET LIKE... 2% EXP BOOST FROM HAVING THE CHARACTER AND DON'T NEED THE SLOT RIGHT NOW

9/11 blog

liked and subscribed

A reminder that hakkapelle is a fake multi hit class

reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/521qxl/psa_cavity_search_addon_to_see_hidden_slots/

>Someone ruined it already

Time to report people.

Fucking reddit fags

Help me anons I'm currently 199 and this is my first run where I actually want to grind after 5 250+ characters who made it at that level by carding

Anyway, I plan on doing the 190 dungeon till 210, but I figured that would take too long because of the 3 run limit a day, so please sugget me a place where I can grind from 200-210

do the 200 until 205 or 206 207 (shit exp near 210)
from there, quest+card to 210 or 211
then start grind. can skip some maps now

You need to grind 380 million exp. Doesn't matter how or where but if you get every card in the game that is what you are missing.

From 210ish onwards there is always somewhere to grind but good luck finding parties who grind anymore.

I'm no expert but a cursory Google search reveals nothing on South Korea having any legislation regarding mandatory refunds on online games shut down within a year of operations.

Resume doomposting.

Did you search in Korean?

Can you?

Why are these Shop pets so fucking ugly?
I got some TP and no costumes to buy, but fuck these monsters.

Will we ever get good Pets?
does KTOS have any better?

Try searching for "ching chong wing wong 12 bang chang".

I want a frog pet.

little girl pets when

Better save up your panda points

Which skills are fake multi hit for Doppel3?

Does Blessing effect companion dmg? If not, does it atleast buff dmg of spells that use companion.

Little Sheep and Cow pls

Comfy is recruiting. We're in Telsiai, SEA server, we welcome anyone to join, especially new players and Varenans who'd like to reroll into our server.

We provide power leveling, help with quests, participate in hampster dungeon, GvG, party quests and other activities.

No class requirement, no level requirement, we take anyone. Play whatever you want. Don't like it? Reroll and we'll help you all over again. participation in PvP isn't compulsory, only requirement is that you're active.

>Not having an ERP pet to "play" with

I'm thinking of getting back into the game, I have a 90ish Paladin and a 90ish warlock-to-be. The reason I left was that the Paladin was weak and the caster was boring... should I even consider coming back? If I did I'd probly make some kinda rogue.

How hellish is the grind going to be from 315 -> 330?

low

koreans got 330 after a few days, without new dungeons

Futureproof is recruiting in Klaipeda. We've opened our doors to any and all players who are interested in joining, but have a strong foundation in players interested in PvP and would enjoy helping with incorporating you into regular guild chat and the many events we host weekly.

We've got one hamster named Dvine and it's our foul-mouthed mascot as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes it posts on the general and pretends to be a Nacromancer, but it's all in good fun. We'll acquire more hamsters as soon as we obtain a few more 275+ members, and you're welcome to them, as well as the TP from GvG when you participate.

However you want to enjoy the guild or game is up to you. We're happy to take you to GvG, and happy to help you out with world bosses that we keep timers on. If you want to guild chat, or just PvP in Fedi, we'll be happy to have that too.

Our guild leader Lolipan isn't on right now but Cats is, and will be for several hours so please feel free to message Lolipan if he's on, and Cats if he isn't and they'll get you added to friends and in the guild as soon as possible.

Not much grind required actually. Level 12 and 13 exp cards give you enough to go from 280 to more or less 330.

The only hard part is actually doing the quests. I was watching some Korean streaming, he was I think 312. Most mobs he ran into had 250k to 500k hp minimum and the archer and mage mobs were hitting for like 10k a hit.
Worst part is, it's not really feasibly to get the kind of defence required to reduce damage of even trash melee mobs. Most of them have 1500 to 2000 base damage at this level, so you need that much defence. You cannot get that much.

fuuuuuuuuuuuu

This sounds hilarious, it kind of reminds me of end-game zones like thor's volcano and shit in RO.

such an amazing PvP this game have
15 minutes of bullshits

Even actual good build struggle to solo after level 300 or so. Mobs are just too strong.

tos-kr.neet.tv/npcs/58442
Is a mob on a 307 map. A fairly average one too.

You might have seen some of the new weapons being added that had like 600-700 damage and you probably thought that was really strong.
It's not. It's comparatively low when you consider how shitty most classes scale with damage.

If you don't have the most minmaxed meta build in the game, don't expect to solo past level 300.

To solo past 300 you need the following...

A viable build.
A set of the new 270 plate armor equipment upgraded to at least +5.
One of the new magic defence shields

If you do not have these minimum, you cannot solo past 300. Mobs are just too strong and no matter what you do you will die before killing them.

Does she has rabies or something?

If you're a cata3 or kabbalist you can try TBL instead!

Is EVERYONE a cata 3 now?

>4

>A set of the new 270 plate armor equipment upgraded to at least +5.
that is only 44 more P.Def than Superior Royal Guard Top+Bottom each

not even close to enough for these mobs

No! There are kabbalists too, silly.

It's 9am in EU
All matches are 4v4 on average

>meet a Doppel in Saalus run
>he shouts DEMACIAAAA whenever he uses Cyclone
>"wanna see my ult?"
>he uses Punish
>mfw doppels are literally Garen

The only other somewhat effective swordsman build I've seen in TBL is Kirt's Hop 2 Corsair 3

Cats my man, get a Durandal.

The shield + armor all upgraded to +5 should give you about about 604 defence. Compared to the 473 you'd get from superior royal guard top+bottom and a shield all at +5.

With the 52% bonus you can get from Aspersion that is 918 vs 718. A 200 difference. With all the damage multipliers and what not in effect, it works out closer to something like taking 2000 less damage per hit.

Just remember, this is the absolute minimum you need to not get melted in seconds. Realistically, you also need a few more items with some defence and probably need to be a class with defensive buffs of their own.

Any class that uses two handed weapons or a dagger in their offhand is trash at these levels. You cannot survive without the defence a shield provides past 300 without a group.

I've been watching streams of the 300+ content for days now. I've seen quests drop groups of enemies on full parties, only for that party to vanish in seconds because they simply lacked survivability.

If you've got a shit build and are forced to party, you still need a well constructed group to survive those annoying quests that spawn huge groups of mobs.

If you want an example of what level 300+ is like with a shit build. Do Silaul mission while being 20 levels lower than the highest level player. Now imagine this is your entire party.

Every mob feels like that but more aggressive.

Once rank 8 hits and all the shitters get to level 300 the tears are going to be fucking delicious.

This sounds pretty fucking terrifying. Should be interesting to see how it goes.

The key part is survivability. You have to use plate armor, you have to use a shield. To solo you need upgraded armor.
Damage isn't important for soloing outside of speeding the process up. You cannot stack enough damage to kill shit before it kills you.

Realistically speaking, almost no one has a build that is viable for solo play past 300.

Is counterspell 1 enough? It seems to remove all the circles in range.

I want build for MERGEN. A2 for crit, R1 for easier leveling and buff. But what about circles 4-7? Circling? Wugu2Sapp2 for FUN? Scout3?

youtube.com/watch?v=mXM0o3ZQqGM

not sure what was more cancer, the animeshit or the bluehound